Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #89 - Special #4

If you switched in scarf ditto on a scarfed sweeper, they would speed tie, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    If you switched in scarf ditto on a scarfed sweeper, they would speed tie, right?
    Yes, speed tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Yes, speed tie.
    That's what i thought...so ditto would only have like a 50/50 shot at beating a scarfed sweeper that's no bueno

That's what i thought...so ditto would only have like a 50/50 shot at beating a scarfed sweeper that's no bueno
    except moxie ones scarfers aren't called sweepers since they are mostly revenge killers and most of them can be checked with prediction.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

except moxie ones scarfers aren't called sweepers since they are mostly revenge killers and most of them can be checked with prediction.
    Yea, i knew that they're usually called revenge killers...anyways, i have something else i'm curious about. If ditto switches in on the turn that the foe uses a boosting move, does it copy that boost, or does the boost take effect after the transformation?
    I'm asking because dragon dance is a popular boosting attack ( along with quiver dance) and both of them boost speed to the same effect as a scarf

I love Ditto... I want a shiny imposter one for pure epicness... It's so hard to decide who to vote for... Dragonite, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Stunfisk or Nidoking would be awesome... Especially Dragonite... But because I'm thinking Hydreigon is going to win this is my vote...

Serious Vote: Dragonite

Joke Vote: Stunfisk (Cause he's freakin' awesome)

Prediction: Hydreigon
    If you like this, see this and much more at...

http://superartninja.deviantart.com/# - Deviant Art Profile

Yea, i knew that they're usually called revenge killers...anyways, i have something else i'm curious about. If ditto switches in on the turn that the foe uses a boosting move, does it copy that boost, or does the boost take effect after the transformation?
    I'm asking because dragon dance is a popular boosting attack ( along with quiver dance) and both of them boost speed to the same effect as a scarf
    You don't get the boost, because switches always happen before attacks except in the case of Pursuit.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Well, my vote is for Lanturn.

Countering Ditto

Run a team of Pokemon that don't counter themselves.

Ditto loves Dragons because it can usually end them the turn it hits the board. Walls with Taunt go down fast because Ditto will outrun it and Taunt them out of commission. Outright attackers that don't have super effective moves against themselves are really the safest route, but then they have trouble taking down Ditto in return unless they have set up prior to the blob hitting the board. It's very hard to outright counter Ditto, and luck can actually become a huge factor against it if you aren't prepared to yourself. Always try to be in a position where you will be better off than whatever is coming in next, like by having stat boosts or substitutes up, and you may hold the upper hand against the pink terror. If all else fails, switch to something on your team that counters what Ditto became.
    This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.

Well, I wanted to see if I did hydreigon right. I was so close to getting a special sweeping hydreigon, but when dark pulse and earth power were illegal together, i settled for a mix-sweeper.

The switch happens before the boost therefor ditto doesn't copy the boost (also I used ditto for a while).

Another note is team preview it make ditto less dangerous in terms of surprise factor and more dangerous in terms of fearing to set up..
    His precense might cause a fear to set up just like espeon when he is in team preview people won't set up like when espeon is people won't lay stealth rock so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    Well, I wanted to see if I did hydreigon right. I was so close to getting a special sweeping hydreigon, but when dark pulse and earth power were illegal together, i settled for a mix-sweeper.
    Now that B2/W2 Tutors allow them together, it'd be interesting to see. Why do you think I voted for Hydrei' earlier? Aside from its awesomeness, that is...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Thats it! After a hectic decision who should be next week,

screw that Joy kill hydra from Ghetsis!

I'd vote Cinccino and give that HYDREIGON 5 SKILL LINK TAIL ***** SLAPS TO THE FACE! I'd run away from the Bisharp Assassin though!
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

The switch happens before the boost therefor ditto doesn't copy the boost (also I used ditto for a while).

Another note is team preview it make ditto less dangerous in terms of surprise factor and more dangerous in terms of fearing to set up..
    His precense might cause a fear to set up just like espeon when he is in team preview people won't set up like when espeon is people won't lay stealth rock so easily.
    Yea, i get that now...it helps when people put it into perspective...the olny difference is that use xatu instead of espeon

Default Pow

I am too keen to get hidden ability ditto, not a fan I cannot get decent internet access at the moment, curse me and my back-packing ways.

but ditto is ditto, max HP, that is all you need.

Need week Hydreigon, please and thank youhttp://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies/635.png

Whoa, 9 pages, better comment about it...

It looks like Hydreigon is going to be the winner, so I should prepare my set...

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Ditto: Sucking bad 'till 2011/2012!

Anyway, what about Kecleon next week: It's a really unique Pokemon!
    Here's my my first fic, Exciting League Battles Hope you like it!

Chapter XII (7) is up! Go have a little sneak peek!

Next Time: Kyurem, Lord of Thunder and Fire!

vs.

Second Fic: Still in Construction (<THAT'S NOT THE TITLE!)

Next Time: Prologue

Lopunnies, Lopunnies it must be Lopunnies! Or maybe Mijamaru....

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremCraze View Post
    Ditto: Sucking bad 'till 2011/2012!

Anyway, what about Kecleon next week: It's a really unique Pokemon!
    till 2010 when BW was released... it got impostor officially in june 2012.

Kecleon sucks.. really it have high sp.defense.. and an abillity which is totally gimmick it make it actually bad.. Dragon type attacks-GG Kecleon also most pokemons have coverage moves and don't forget that not all types resist themselves.

It took me a while, but I vote for Hydregion. Out of a list of pokemon I like, it has a wide moveset and high stats.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Thats it! After a hectic decision who should be next week, screw that Joy kill hydra from Ghetsis! I'd vote Cinccino and give that HYDREIGON 5 SKILL LINK TAIL ***** SLAPS TO THE FACE! I'd run away from the Bisharp Assassin though!
    The guaranteed x5 from Skill Link is great for Sub-breaking, but Technician boosts other Moves and gives you a 25% chance (12.5% each for 4- and 5-Hitters) of getting a stronger Multi-Hit Move - a really good tradeoff for analysis. Cinccino and Hydreigon are definitely two of the Pokemon that completely blew my mind on usefulness. That said, they both make good copies for Ditto - Cincc' for Physical Power, Hydrei' for Special, both with good Speed. Endurance is an issue, though, since Ditto's Base 48 HP severely reduces the usefulness of those identities. Bisharp and Scrafty are also good choices of Pokemon to become, but also have the same Endurance drawback with Ditto (plus, Scrafty has a STAB Type Advantage over itself)...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

If Hydreigon does win, might as well get ready for some German puns :d

Ditto@Quick Powder
    Trait: Imposter
    EVs don't matter since you copy your opponents stats
    Moves
    -Transform(necessary to have a move, though you'll never use it due to imposter)

Krookodile next week please

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Whats with the german puns.

Okay, I hope I'm not too late because I just learned about this last night.

Anyway I vote Garbodor, the sentient bag of garbage that ate so much garbage that its skin ruptured and spilled garbage everwhere.

awesome
    The only real Persian is a shiny Persian.

Platinum Friend Code: 2149-9791-3574
    White Friend Code: 5029-3447-3273

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Whats with the german puns.
    Hydreigon is a pun on Hydra, dragon and drei which is German for three.
    Also, Ein is German for one and Zwei is German for two.
    The only real Persian is a shiny Persian.

Platinum Friend Code: 2149-9791-3574
    White Friend Code: 5029-3447-3273

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I'm ready to push the boundaries on what Serebii considers appropriate!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast