Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #89 - Special #4

Lapras or Kyogre
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

I vote for Metagross

I just checked Smogon's NU and OU analyses for Ditto, and I see no mentions of Leftovers or Life Orb. I'd personally make a mention of them in the POTW analysis. Leftovers makes Ditto not so useless against stall, and Life Orb gives Ditto a lot more power and versatility. I would warn that against offensive Pokemon, you risk losing the speed tie and possibly your Ditto, so it's very risky at times. However, the payoff can be very good.

Also, you'll need something to fill up the Other Options section, so...there you go.

Pretty sure ditto is covered

My vote goes for either Houndoom or Hydreigon.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I just checked Smogon's NU and OU analyses for Ditto, and I see no mentions of Leftovers or Life Orb. I'd personally make a mention of them in the POTW analysis. Leftovers makes Ditto not so useless against stall, and Life Orb gives Ditto a lot more power and versatility. I would warn that against offensive Pokemon, you risk losing the speed tie and possibly your Ditto, so it's very risky at times. However, the payoff can be very good.

Also, you'll need something to fill up the Other Options section, so...there you go.
    I think if I mention Leftovers or Life Orb it would only be to say that they should never be used... Ever.

Choice Scarf gives you a 100% chance of outrunning and destroying your opponent. Lefties / LO gives you 50% at best, effectively destroying any revenge killing utility it had. Leftovers might make Ditto marginally more useful against stall but not much more. Life Orb gives it more power but at a huge cost. It doesn't increase its versatility, it makes it nearly useless.

Not only does Scarf give insurance against deadly set-up sweepers it allows Ditto to turn any random Lucario or non-Scarf Terrakion against their masters and sweep. At any given time Ditto is literally a clone of something your opponent has but with no item and +50% speed. This means that in terms of random late game sweeps Ditto can count as 2+ Pokemon.

Also even with Choice Scarf Ditto is far from useless against stall. Not a stallbreaker by any margin but it can still copy a spinner on ghost-less stall or get a few layers of Spikes against their own Skarmory if you run a ghost yourself. Nothing is wrong with being bad against stall either... Not all Pokemon are stallbreakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I think if I mention Leftovers or Life Orb it would only be to say that they should never be used... Ever.

Choice Scarf gives you a 100% chance of outrunning and destroying your opponent. Lefties / LO gives you 50% at best, effectively destroying any revenge killing utility it had. Leftovers might make Ditto marginally more useful against stall but not much more. Life Orb gives it more power but at a huge cost. It doesn't increase its versatility, it makes it nearly useless.

Not only does Scarf give insurance against deadly set-up sweepers it allows Ditto to turn any random Lucario or non-Scarf Terrakion against their masters and sweep. At any given time Ditto is literally a clone of something your opponent has but with no item and +50% speed.

Also even with Choice Scarf Ditto is far from useless against stall. Not a stallbreaker by any margin but it can still copy a spinner on ghost-less stall or get a few layers of Spikes against their own Skarmory if you run a ghost yourself. Nothing is wrong with being bad against stall either... Not all Pokemon are stallbreakers.
    Not 100% chance. Trick room swwepers ruin choice scarf ditto

It has a 100% chance because you know when you are faster or not. You don't send Ditto up against something it can't beat like Subpunch Breloom, nor would you send it up against TR Reuniclus.

But when a Salamence uses Dragon Dance or that Cloyster used Shell Smash you KNOW Ditto will outrun and KO it. With Lefties / LO it only has a 50% chance. Actually the same is true under TR. Still just a 50% chance.

Alrighty, just checked the votes and Bisharp is catching up to Hyreigon (very quickly :/ ) remember I am counting the first Pokemon you listed. If you chose 2 or more Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Alrighty, just checked the votes and Bisharp is catching up to Hyreigon (very quickly :/ ) remember I am counting the first Pokemon you listed. If you chose 2 or more Pokemon!
    Just a question! What happens if two or more Pokémon get the same number of votes?
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    Just a question! What happens if two or more Pokémon get the same number of votes?
    I will just go to Random.org and put their dex numbers and generate the winner from there!

I'm changing my vote from Sandslash to Hydreigon because its new mixed LO + Roost set needs a lot more love. Seriously, Roost was only used on about 12% of Hydreigon, and Superpower on about 5% in this past month.

I'm changing my vote from Sandslash to Hydreigon because its new mixed LO + Roost set needs a lot more love. Seriously, Roost was only used on about 12% of Hydreigon, and Superpower on about 5% in this past month.
    Well since Serebii didn't say anything about changing votes I'll allow it, plus I used the same set too, it can be underrated at times but it has great coverage while recovering as well.

I vote for Hydreigon

Well ditto is pretty neat! It can confuse opponent and spread chaos!

My vote for next weak goes to butterfree cz it deserves a POTW since no one ever talked about how much better it got with the release of tinted lens and quiver dance!

Well since Serebii didn't say anything about changing votes I'll allow it, plus I used the same set too, it can be underrated at times but it has great coverage while recovering as well.
    lol I'm the one in charge of this, not you.

All I care about is what the post says when I count this stuff up Friday or Saturday night. If you want to change your votes that's fine. If two Pokemon tie, idk, maybe we'll just do those pokes consecutive weeks. Or maybe I'll just say "too bad" and pick whichever one I want more.

Chances of two Pokemon tying are pretty low.

People who voted for more then just one Pokemon shouldn't be counted, even if its clear what they want. Read the damn rules idiots.

O-o 8 pages, when was the last time we had this many pages on the POTW?
    Last edited by Dragalge; 12th September 2012 at 10:52 AM.

O-o 8 pages, when was the last time we had this many pages on the POTW?
    Lol, the last one was POTW #6, Garchomp. It's kinda weird when you think about it, because Garchomp was one of the best OU Pokemon we've ever covered with a ton of viable movesets, and Ditto...well, Ditto os Ditto. If movepools were colors, his would be clear.

Not only that, but it's still Wednesday. Maybe we'll break the record by the end of the week. :P

Lol, the last one was POTW #6, Garchomp. It's kinda weird when you think about it, because Garchomp was one of the best OU Pokemon we've ever covered with a ton of viable movesets, and Ditto...well, Ditto os Ditto. If movepools were colors, his would be clear.

Not only that, but it's still Wednesday. Maybe we'll break the record by the end of the week. :P
    If Ditto's Movepool were water, it'd be a stagnant pond. Imposter has become Ditto's bread-n-butter, but Limber Ditto's best asset is being able to give Pokemon with lower Base HP a fighting chance in Doubles & Triples. Of course, most of them are under- or unevolved, but there are a few prime candidates for having 300 Maximum HP. I already mentioned Shedinja, Shuckle, and Dugtrio as being good options, but others include Pokemon under Base 95 HP that focus on their non-HP Stats for EVs (i.e. Sweepers and Glass Cannons).
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Its not ditto. When was the last time there was a vote for potw? Never. The majority of post are votes. Can't wait for the next voting one (bet it is with unknown)

Speaking of Garchomp, isn't a test going on to see if Sand Veil is gonna get banned or not?

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Its not ditto. When was the last time there was a vote for potw? Never. The majority of post are votes. Can't wait for the next voting one (bet it is with unknown)
    Lol, I know, that's what's so funny about it.

Speaking of Garchomp, isn't a test going on to see if Sand Veil is gonna get banned or not?
    Yeah, there's a suspect ladder with Garchomp unbanned and Sand Veil banned that's up for testing. The results thus far have been fairly positive overall, so this might be implemented into standard OU sometime in the future. No promises, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    If Ditto's Movepool were water, it'd be a stagnant pond. Imposter has become Ditto's bread-n-butter, but Limber Ditto's best asset is being able to give Pokemon with lower Base HP a fighting chance in Doubles & Triples. Of course, most of them are under- or unevolved, but there are a few prime candidates for having 300 Maximum HP. I already mentioned Shedinja, Shuckle, and Dugtrio as being good options, but others include Pokemon under Base 95 HP that focus on their non-HP Stats for EVs (i.e. Sweepers and Glass Cannons).
    The problem with the under/unevolved pokemon is after taking a turn to Transform, Ditto would probably lose a good sized chunk of that 300 Hp. So you'd just have a copy of a pokemon you already have on field, with less PP, no Eviolite, and potentially less Hp; assuming of course that the opponent's pokemon don't gang up and kill Ditto or it's target outright before it does so. A higher Hp Shedinja would be fun though.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Dragonite 5th gen PoTW yet, but he'll get his turn in time. In all likelihood it'll be Hydriegon next week anyways, so I'll pick something no one's voted for yet. Another Dark type to tally up, Murkrow/Honchkrow.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

On the topic of Limber Ditto, has anybody ever tried Shuckle with it? 50/230/230 is at least decent.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    On the topic of Limber Ditto, has anybody ever tried Shuckle with it? 50/230/230 is at least decent.
    Not when Mew exists. 100/230/230 is far better.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast