Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Le Herpers - NU RMT~

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,025

    Default Le Herpers - NU RMT~

    Hullo guise, I wanted to try NU with a different team, and of course I want to use the most unloved pokemon, so here's a team I built based around it.

        Spoiler:- Le Derpers, Selection Process:


    Le Herpers:

    The BREAKDOWN


    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Timid (+spd -atk)
    EV: 252 SpA/252 HP/4 Def

    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Scald
    - Discharge
    - Earth Power

    This is the master Herp. Master of all Herpness, everyone, bow down to the most scariest sweeper: Stunfisk! Hidden Power (Ice) obliterates other grass types like Exeggcutor. Scald is a nice move to gain grounds against common threats like Regirock and can also provide a neat backup status infliction against the likes of Ground types and the rare Limber Pokemon that infest the NU scene. Discharge is ran over Thunderbolt as it can paralyse, something that Static may not do for me, as well as provide a neat STAB. Earth Power is for dat smexy STAB, as well as mainly coverage against electric types and fire types.

    252 special attack maximises damage output, while HP is there for the most maximum bulk. Life Orb is for le kill, and can turn some unfavourable situation to the other side.


    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
    EV: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP

    -Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Seed Bomb
    - Swords Dance

    This Ludicolo set is one that I had never tried before. This is my first, groundbreaking experience. Firstly, Waterfall is for le STAB, and Ice Punch can kill of Ice types, with Seed Bomb doing a great deal to Wartortle and stuff. Water/Ice/Grass gets nuetral coverage in NU, making it quite viable. Sword Dance is to boost Ludicolo's decent attack into a good level, where I can start sweepin'

    Simple. Maximise attack for attack output, speed for outspeeding, and HP for a slight bit more Recovery. Swift Swim is preferred here to punish weather teams. and yeah... Nothing much to say I guess.


    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
    EV: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

    Regirock is my replacement for Metang, who is able to cope with physical hits better. Regirock's build is to maximise the walling capability as well as support the team with its array of supporting move. Stealth Rock makes Flying type that lurk the NU tier hesitate to switch in, while Thunder Wave cripple Pokemon that depends on speed and has paper-thin defense (I'm looking at you Absol). Earthquake is good, nice, awesome, hard-hitting move for Regirock, while Stone Edge is chosen over Rock Slide, for extra damage and extra hax chance.

    252 HP gives maximum recovery of Leftovers, while 252 defense grants Regirock a huge bulk against normal types. Even a Technician Cinccino's Wake-up-slap hits only 20.9% to 24.7% on this set (yes I did calculations), and a Skill Link Cinccino's Bullet Seed requires 3 hits to KO this defensive titan.



    Item: Black Sludge
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Bold (+Def -Atk)
    EV: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA

    - Clear Smog
    - Giga Drain
    - Spore
    - Hidden Power (Ice)

    Amoongus is simple and honest. A tank, physically. It has some really demanding factors, like Regenerator and the 100% accurate Spore. Anyways, Clear Smog is a great way for Moxie Pinsir to stack up too much boost that might really hurt as well as Ludicolo, who can wall other attacks. Spore puts the foe to sleep, at 100% rate, and can force a switch, which equals to free turn. Giga Drain gives reliable recovery outside Regenerator, and strikes a huge hit on Sesmitoad and the likes of water types in the tier. Hidden Power (Ice) helps me do some damage against poison types like Weezing, but may not necessarily means KOing them, and requires team support.

    252 HP = maximum recovery. 252 def = maximum tankiness, Black Sludge is recovery. Herp, it's really simple. Wall everything!!!!



    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Modest (+SpA -Atk)
    EV: 252 SpA/252 SpD/4 HP

    - Air Slash
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Thunderbolt

    Le Herpers accept GameFreak's 'miscalculations' such as Rotom-S, who was unfortunately granted at x4 resistance to Ground Types. But Rotom-S is still viable outside of being a "hot" topic. Air Slash is its disappointing "signature" move among the Rotom Formes, but at least it isn't as bad as Rotom-F, who got sorta a shaft with Blizzard. Anyways, Air Slash may not work as well on Rotom-S than Togekiss, but it can still provide the YOMO* chance, which is always also and loving. Volt Switch is great for scout, with Rotom-S's good speed and Hidden Power (Ice) can break down rocks called Golem (no pun intended), so yay.. Thunderbolt works like Volt Switch, but is a more reliable STAB move, so woohoo, muffinz for everyone!

    252 speed is to outrun other Rotom formes, as well as other base 86 that lurks in NU and doesn't run speed. Max Special Attack for Maximum damage output, while Modest for extra damage~ and who doesn't love it when Rotom's already quite fast?


    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Skill Link
    Nature: Adamant (+atk -Satk)
    EV: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def

    - Tail Slap
    - U-Turn
    - Rock Blast
    - Bullet Seed

    Cinccino is my last member, the revenge killer. Tail Slap really hurts, especially accounting into the possible hax factor and the always hit 5 times factor. The same is applied for Bullet Seed and Rock Blast, but each serves its own purpose, like Bullet Seed raging through certain water types, while Rock Blast brings instant doom to the likes of Swellow. U-Turn is great to get out of battle in a pinch, and can wound some multi-head pineapple tree thingy.

    Adamant is for even more powerful attacks. Max speed and attack allows it to outrun everyone except Modest Choice Scarf Zebstrika, and put a big hurt too.

    ---

        Spoiler:- Changelog History:



    Thanks!
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 17th October 2012 at 12:00 PM.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    The sets and use of some pokemons are bad..
    Stunfisk is a defensive pokemon it is NOT ingame you should use only scald and discharge as attacking moves and toxicand yawn to make it a status spreader use defensive EVs like 252 HP, 176 defense, 80special defense.. but actually except using status he really sucks..
    Luydicolo's set.. why? where isn't even a STAb there and you are not using rain wasting his whole potential in sweeping NU..

    @Life orb/damp Stone
    252 sp.atack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    Modest
    Swift Swim
    -Rain Dance
    -Giga Drain
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Ice Beam

    You should use this set.. and if you can use another swift swimmer like gorebyss or carracosta for abusing rain even more..
    Giga Drain is STAB and it heals
    Hydro Pumps nukes specially in rainm Surf is safer but weaker but itis NU so you can afford it...
    Ice Beam beats altaria which would be annoying otherwise.

    Metang again.. why offense? I am not sure about his whole set cause I never used him but what brought him to RU was excellent stealth rock usage I wouldn't use asweeping one he is too weak if you so want a sweeping steel why not klang?

    Torkoal.. why you take the worst spinner? (except delibird) like.. there is armaldo and warturtle and even natu but torkoal.. IDK I wouldn't use him.

    Rotom-S use choice scarf or specs with trick instead of shadow ball or thunderbolt.
    choice scarf is overkill.. use choice band or life orb with U-turn instead of Wake Up Slap.


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  3. #3

    Default

    i don't even want to bother changing around some of the huge flaws (this team has a weakness to fighting types for example, as you only have one weak check) so i'll just fix the movesets for you.

    okay, first off, when you write down EVs, make sure you differentiate special defense and speed more clearly. you either use "spe" with "spd," or "spd" with "spdef" and don't use awkward capitalization. i'll just go with what is seemingly obvious based on how you typed it.

    on stunfisk, run sludge wave or hidden power ice to hit grass types instead. sludge wave hits the same things you mentioned harder while hidden power ice hits grass/poison types like amoonguss or vileplume for super effective damage. also, i have no clue why you have stone edge there; run earth power. also, if you're running an offensive stunfisk, then try surf over scald. secondly, there is no reason for max speed; run 252 hp to maximize bulk. you don't even outspeed minimum speed alomomola with the investment.

    next, ludicolo is better off running waterfall and seed bomb over fire punch and zen headbutt. aside from the fact that ludicolo is even weaker without a STAB move, water/grass/ice is perfect neutral coverage in NU and you already hit everything you mentioned for super effective damage except non-grass poison types. you shouldn't be staying in on these poison types (garbodor, skuntank, arbok being the most common non-grass ones) anyway because, for one, they all outspeed you if offensive. next, max defense garbodor only takes like around 60% from +2 zen headbutt while you lose to a gunk shot, skuntank doesn't care, and arbok is a maybe depending on its speed or defensive investment (and maybe intimidate too).

    lol, don't use agility metang please. you don't play it like metagross simply because it has base 75 attack. in addition, you're using agility from something that's not even invested in speed to begin with which is a waste. from your description, it's as if you only needed metang to check normal/flying types so try regirock. it provides stealth rock while doing the exact same things metang would do.

    torkoal has no good physical fire moves, so i don't see how a curse set is even viable. try shell smash torkoal or even the standard defensive one honestly. smashkoal actually beats all the spinblockers which makes it easier to spin and have rotom-s come in freely, while the defensive one has some reliability.

    hidden power ice over shadow ball on rotom-s. something like golem walls rotom-s otherwise and shadow ball doesn't hit anything significant. you say it beats musharna, but only in a 1v1 situation. if it gets even one calm mind up before you can hit it, you lose.

    run adamant on cinccino. jolly only outspeeds modest scarf zebstrika. that's it. and i don't really see the need to have wake-up slap when, say, stunfisk can handle probopass and bastiodon. do you really want to be choice-locked into wake-up slap after you take those out with cinccino?
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Modest > Timid because Rotom-S might need that extra power to turn 2HKO to 1HKO and also allows LO boost to be more.
    like what? calcs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    The sets and use of some pokemons are bad..
    Stunfisk is a defensive pokemon it is NOT ingame you should use only scald and discharge as attacking moves and toxicand yawn to make it a status spreader use defensive EVs like 252 HP, 176 defense, 80special defense.. but actually except using status he really sucks..
    where did you pull out those defensive EVs? does it turn a 2HKO into a 3HKO against something stunfisk can retaliate against?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I am not sure about his whole set cause I never used him but what brought him to RU was excellent stealth rock usage
    lmao. did you notice that metang fell back to NU three months after it went up? metang was brought up to RU as a joke; it wasn't even good with stealth rock setting there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Torkoal.. why you take the worst spinner? (except delibird) like.. there is armaldo and warturtle and even natu but torkoal.. IDK I wouldn't use him.
    torkoal is actually the best spinner in NU considering it beats all ghosts with shell smash, so nope. and lol wartortle.

    i don't have time to write out importable sets for the changes i made, so hopefully you can figure that out.
    edit: did you even test this team? i really doubt you did because you should have made considerable changes that helps give this team a focus rather than tossing a bunch of sets together. if you didn't test his team, then the whole point of an RMT is being ignored.
    Last edited by locket; 15th October 2012 at 4:37 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chillin' in my bathtub
    Posts
    165

    Default

    First of all, I'd like to point out that it's a Derpfisk, not a Stunfisk.
    Also, you definitely want 252 HP EVs over 252 Defense EVs on Metang, as the HP will allow you to sponge up more hits.
    Also, I agree with most of what was said above me. He knows what he's talking about.


    This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locket View Post
    i don't even want to bother changing around some of the huge flaws (this team has a weakness to fighting types for example, as you only have one weak check) so i'll just fix the movesets for you.

    okay, first off, when you write down EVs, make sure you differentiate special defense and speed more clearly. you either use "spe" with "spd," or "spd" with "spdef" and don't use awkward capitalization. i'll just go with what is seemingly obvious based on how you typed it.

    on stunfisk, run sludge wave or hidden power ice to hit grass types instead. sludge wave hits the same things you mentioned harder while hidden power ice hits grass/poison types like amoonguss or vileplume for super effective damage. also, i have no clue why you have stone edge there; run earth power. also, if you're running an offensive stunfisk, then try surf over scald. secondly, there is no reason for max speed; run 252 hp to maximize bulk. you don't even outspeed minimum speed alomomola with the investment.

    next, ludicolo is better off running waterfall and seed bomb over fire punch and zen headbutt. aside from the fact that ludicolo is even weaker without a STAB move, water/grass/ice is perfect neutral coverage in NU and you already hit everything you mentioned for super effective damage except non-grass poison types. you shouldn't be staying in on these poison types (garbodor, skuntank, arbok being the most common non-grass ones) anyway because, for one, they all outspeed you if offensive. next, max defense garbodor only takes like around 60% from +2 zen headbutt while you lose to a gunk shot, skuntank doesn't care, and arbok is a maybe depending on its speed or defensive investment (and maybe intimidate too).

    lol, don't use agility metang please. you don't play it like metagross simply because it has base 75 attack. in addition, you're using agility from something that's not even invested in speed to begin with which is a waste. from your description, it's as if you only needed metang to check normal/flying types so try regirock. it provides stealth rock while doing the exact same things metang would do.

    torkoal has no good physical fire moves, so i don't see how a curse set is even viable. try shell smash torkoal or even the standard defensive one honestly. smashkoal actually beats all the spinblockers which makes it easier to spin and have rotom-s come in freely, while the defensive one has some reliability.

    hidden power ice over shadow ball on rotom-s. something like golem walls rotom-s otherwise and shadow ball doesn't hit anything significant. you say it beats musharna, but only in a 1v1 situation. if it gets even one calm mind up before you can hit it, you lose.

    run adamant on cinccino. jolly only outspeeds modest scarf zebstrika. that's it. and i don't really see the need to have wake-up slap when, say, stunfisk can handle probopass and bastiodon. do you really want to be choice-locked into wake-up slap after you take those out with cinccino?

    like what? calcs?

    where did you pull out those defensive EVs? does it turn a 2HKO into a 3HKO against something stunfisk can retaliate against?

    lmao. did you notice that metang fell back to NU three months after it went up? metang was brought up to RU as a joke; it wasn't even good with stealth rock setting there.

    torkoal is actually the best spinner in NU considering it beats all ghosts with shell smash, so nope. and lol wartortle.

    i don't have time to write out importable sets for the changes i made, so hopefully you can figure that out.
    edit: did you even test this team? i really doubt you did because you should have made considerable changes that helps give this team a focus rather than tossing a bunch of sets together. if you didn't test his team, then the whole point of an RMT is being ignored.
    About stunfisk spread it is a general one I saw a formula on smogon for general damage and it is always 252/176/80 it is the most balanced one I normally adjust it when I test pokemons but I never tested stunfisk and I am not going to do endless calcs.

    Metang actually have good typing I know it was a user who made it into RU it should be at least decent and I really don't think he should use an agillity set with base 75 attack..

    Torkoal is weak to SR.. Warturtle have more bulk with eviolite.. I normally just use a dual screens natu instead of a spinner in NU since I dislike most NU spinners.. Torkoal have bad defensive typing.. Sheall Smash is the funny set it sucks.. really shell smash torkoal? I tried it it sucks..


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Metang actually have good typing I know it was a user who made it into RU it should be at least decent and I really don't think he should use an agillity set with base 75 attack..
    if metang rose to RU due to molk using it a lot on RU ladder, then it wasn't by the merit of what metang can do (because it's more like what it can't do), it was by the fact that the tiering system was abused. this point:
    what brought him to RU was excellent stealth rock usage
    is therefore contradictory, so i have no idea what you're talking about. ?__? in RU, it is far far far outclassed by uxie, which actually sports more utility, including the ability to stop the ubiquitous fighting types in the tier.
    pre-BW2 (which was when metang moved up), it had no uses in NU whatsoever that wasn't done by something else already. of course now post-BW2 it has one primary use (to check zangoose), but there is no way that it was "at least decent" before that time to warrant its rise to RU if it wasn't even being used in its own tier, NU.
    and i already made that point about agility being a stupid set so i don't know what your argument is exactly, but o_k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Torkoal is weak to SR.. Warturtle have more bulk with eviolite.. I normally just use a dual screens natu instead of a spinner in NU since I dislike most NU spinners.. Torkoal have bad defensive typing.. Sheall Smash is the funny set it sucks.. really shell smash torkoal? I tried it it sucks..
    being weak to stealth rock doesn't really dictate its usefulness. i know this is a long-shot, but cryogonal was the best damn spinner across three tiers. of course torkoal suffers from it more, but it can actually beat all the ghosts that would otherwise spinblock it. wartortle can't even beat golurk half the time which is pathetic (it can only win 1v1 if healthy and only against non-choice band sets), and it definitely loses to misdreavus, haunter, and drifblim. armaldo falls to golurk and misdreavus (it can only beat golurk with swords dance). natu is really shaky; you can come in against a stealth rock user to "block" hazards, but any competent user will just go for rock blast, stone edge, or ice punch instead. it's far less reliable since chances are that most stealth rock users will carry one of these moves. hell, probopass can just volt switch as natu comes in. natu may be okay because of its utility, but if it can't fulfill its main job reliably, then it can't be any better than some of the spinners. if you've had high success with natu, then consider the majority of people you have played on the ladder and try to gauge natu's usefulness in high-level play from there.

    edit: oh, and about wartortle and golurk 1v1, if wartortle takes its time to foresight and spin, congratulations. but then wartortle dies afterward, while torkoal has at least some situations where it has extended uses. if wartortle ends up in a 1v1 situation against golurk and wins, cool. but now it's at extremely low hp to where something else KOs it while the wartortle user never even got a chance to use rapid spin.

    on the other hand, torkoal can shell smash as the ghost switches in, and OHKO them with the appropriate move. misdreavus is 2HKO'd, but it hardly does anything back so if there's no way torkoal can be picked off by priority, it can even set up a second shell smash. it fails to outspeed haunter at +2, but haunter cannot switch into fire blast so it's risky for the opponent. not only does this let torkoal spin, but it pressures the opponent with something offensive and at a decent speed. +2 lets it outspeed positive base 75 speed pokémon which is actually many things, while +4 (if you smash again against misdreavus) lets it beat everything under swellow.

    it's a shame if smashkoal doesn't work for you, because it's been used extensively within the past two months and has seen rising popularity among the better NU players, not just me and not just among ladder idiots (the latter not even playing well anyway). if you honestly think torkoal is bad, then everything else is far below it. agree to disagree, but there are very few reasons to use a spinner other than torkoal if one is absolutely needed.
    Last edited by locket; 15th October 2012 at 9:11 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locket View Post

    if metang rose to RU due to molk using it a lot on RU ladder, then it wasn't by the merit of what metang can do (because it's more like what it can't do), it was by the fact that the tiering system was abused. this point:
    is therefore contradictory, so i have no idea what you're talking about. ?__? in RU, it is far far far outclassed by uxie, which actually sports more utility, including the ability to stop the ubiquitous fighting types in the tier.
    pre-BW2 (which was when metang moved up), it had no uses in NU whatsoever that wasn't done by something else already. of course now post-BW2 it has one primary use (to check zangoose), but there is no way that it was "at least decent" before that time to warrant its rise to RU if it wasn't even being used in its own tier, NU.
    and i already made that point about agility being a stupid set so i don't know what your argument is exactly, but o_k.

    being weak to stealth rock doesn't really dictate its usefulness. i know this is a long-shot, but cryogonal was the best damn spinner across three tiers. of course torkoal suffers from it more, but it can actually beat all the ghosts that would otherwise spinblock it. wartortle can't even beat golurk half the time which is pathetic (it can only win 1v1 if healthy and only against non-choice band sets), and it definitely loses to misdreavus, haunter, and drifblim. armaldo falls to golurk and misdreavus (it can only beat golurk with swords dance). natu is really shaky; you can come in against a stealth rock user to "block" hazards, but any competent user will just go for rock blast, stone edge, or ice punch instead. it's far less reliable since chances are that most stealth rock users will carry one of these moves. hell, probopass can just volt switch as natu comes in. natu may be okay because of its utility, but if it can't fulfill its main job reliably, then it can't be any better than some of the spinners. if you've had high success with natu, then consider the majority of people you have played on the ladder and try to gauge natu's usefulness in high-level play from there.

    edit: oh, and about wartortle and golurk 1v1, if wartortle takes its time to foresight and spin, congratulations. but then wartortle dies afterward, while torkoal has at least some situations where it has extended uses. if wartortle ends up in a 1v1 situation against golurk and wins, cool. but now it's at extremely low hp to where something else KOs it while the wartortle user never even got a chance to use rapid spin.

    on the other hand, torkoal can shell smash as the ghost switches in, and OHKO them with the appropriate move. misdreavus is 2HKO'd, but it hardly does anything back so if there's no way torkoal can be picked off by priority, it can even set up a second shell smash. it fails to outspeed haunter at +2, but haunter cannot switch into fire blast so it's risky for the opponent. not only does this let torkoal spin, but it pressures the opponent with something offensive and at a decent speed. +2 lets it outspeed positive base 75 speed pokémon which is actually many things, while +4 (if you smash again against misdreavus) lets it beat everything under swellow.

    it's a shame if smashkoal doesn't work for you, because it's been used extensively within the past two months and has seen rising popularity among the better NU players, not just me and not just among ladder idiots (the latter not even playing well anyway). if you honestly think torkoal is bad, then everything else is far below it. agree to disagree, but there are very few reasons to use a spinner other than torkoal if one is absolutely needed.
    Well I didn't play NU for too long in fact I didn't play smogon tiers since the translation to the buggy and annoying pokemon showdown.
    I still play in PO I used torkoal.. and maybe the spread was wrong or something just didn't find a good set maybe..
    NU lack spinners I know cryogonal is great spinner although being SR weak, but it is no longer NU..
    Torkoal is kinda slow and outside of ghosts doesn't outspeed anything else.. So I use natu to avoid SR in the first place.. if it wasn't for a pitiful base 20 speed I would use him but he have such a bad speed.
    I am aware his defense is skarmory like but fire is a bad defensive typing and I didn't test it for too long it was my gimmick.

    Well you surely played NU longer than me, so I should take it as true.


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    Haha sorry guys for giving ya such a bad team. I'll make the necessary changes when I get home ASAP.

    I'll also do proper adjustments. I was kinda carried away with covering weakness that I ignore stuff like. STAB so I'll make sure ill change in the future.

    I was.actually glad that people commented to let me know my team was horrible. Thanks~

    EDIT
    What I changed
    Stunfisk: HP Ice and Earth Power > HP Bug and Stone Edge
    Ludicolo: Waterfall and Seed Bomb > Fire Punch and Zen Headbutt
    Metang: Changed to Regirock
    Toarkoal: Changed to a new set
    Rotom-S: HP Ice > Shadow Ball
    Cincinno: U-Turn > Wake-Up-Slap, Adamant > Jolly

    If anyone could provide a decent replacement due to the huge fighting weakness, please suggest ~
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 16th October 2012 at 12:34 PM.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Don't know if anyone has noticed this but you should run choice band over choice scarf on Cinccino as it is already deadly fast with the Jolly nature. Everyone has covered nearly everything else -_-

  10. #10

    Default

    mmk. i'm giving it further thought and your team really needs to have an answer to threats under rain (and to a lesser extent, sun). physical ludcolo actually loses to a lot of things, so i will have you consider two things. first off, you can just go with a the standard special life orb rain set with a timid nature. this gives much better insurance when you need to revenge kill rain threats not named mantine/ludicolo as it comes off its better attacking stat. the other thing you can consider is running absol over cinccino so that you have a way to check ludicolo, gorebyss, etc with sucker punch while handling psychic types. having only one form of priority as an answer to fast things is kind of unreliable if you do choose to go with absol, so making rotom-s your choice scarf user with a timid nature should remedy that to some extent. finally, i don't really see the point of having torkoal since it doesn't really do anything except for helping rotom-s (unless you think that's extremely important). consider a better fighting check there; there are several options such as amoonguss (which has decent synergy with regirock), garbodor, musharna, misdreavus, and weezing. i wouldn't really recommend the last two since it gives an invitation for some things to come in like sub bu braviary, but they're not that bad.

    i'm not being really specific because i'm on my phone and don't really feel like bring thorough, but these are a few things that can be done without making huge changes to the team.
    and honestly it's better if you just test out the team and/or its changes extensively and identify and sort out the problems it may have.
    Last edited by locket; 16th October 2012 at 2:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locket View Post
    mmk. i'm giving it further thought and your team really needs to have an answer to threats under rain (and to a lesser extent, sun). physical ludcolo actually loses to a lot of things, so i will have you consider two things. first off, you can just go with a the standard special life orb rain set with a timid nature. this gives much better insurance when you need to revenge kill rain threats not named mantine/ludicolo as it comes off its better attacking stat. the other thing you can consider is running absol over cinccino so that you have a way to check ludicolo, gorebyss, etc with sucker punch while handling psychic types. having only one form of priority as an answer to fast things is kind of unreliable if you do choose to go with absol, so making rotom-s your choice scarf user with a timid nature should remedy that to some extent. finally, i don't really see the point of having torkoal since it doesn't really do anything except for helping rotom-s (unless you think that's extremely important). consider a better fighting check there; there are several options such as amoonguss (which has decent synergy with regirock), garbodor, musharna, misdreavus, and weezing. i wouldn't really recommend the last two since it gives an invitation for some things to come in like sub bu braviary, but they're not that bad.

    i'm not being really specific because i'm on my phone and don't really feel like bring thorough, but these are a few things that can be done without making huge changes to the team.
    and honestly it's better if you just test out the team and/or its changes extensively and identify and sort out the problems it may have.
    Yep, I'm testing my team as of now. Stunfisk was kinda disappointing, but Cinccino itself swept 3/6 of the foe ._.

    Anyways, I'll consider Amoongus first. If it works, then I'll stick with it. If it doesn't, then it's Musharna time! *sings*

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    BIG UPDATE!

    Amoongus is now replacing Toarkoal. Here's the set I'll be running:

    Amoongus @ Black Sludge
    Bold
    252 HP/252 SpDef/4 SpA

    - Clear Smog
    - HP (Ice)
    - Giga Drain
    - Spore

    Amoongus is surprisingly bulky, because I saw its stats and was like "meh" for a while, but wow! That thing can tank, like 20% from Sesmitoad's Ice Punch! Anyways, I'm currently facing the "unable to beat Weezing problem..." XD

    Anyone has any ideas? Also, I love the physical Ludicolo, but the lack of Giga Drain really hurts. Should I switch back to special set or just run mixed?

    TY~

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •