Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moves in the Anime That Don't Look How You Imagined

Default Moves in the Anime That Don't Look How You Imagined

Ran a rather clumsy search and couldn't find anything like this topic, so feel free to laugh if this is something already much discussed.

Watching the Sinnoh league episodes today, I found myself saying, "I wish Hyper Beam looked more lethal. It was the ace move back in the day, and anytime it appears in the anime, I just want the movie to seem bigger, more dangerous.

Any move animations you feel similarly about?
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Thinking recently, I was pleasantly surprised by how they animated Fire Pledge.

Fire Pledge was amazing, yeah !

But I was more surprise by Take Down ...

hydro cannon was a rather disapointing move for me, it just looks like a big water pulse.Especially when compared to frenzy plant which is supposed to be the same strength but looks so much more impressive.

I don't know is it just me or Stone Edge doesn't look as powerful as in the games and obviously Rock Smash,Fire Spin,Whirlpool etc. appears larger than life in the anime when they are just weak moves.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. Ever since the 4th generation, the animation looks pretty crappy.
    Water Pulse looks surprising more lethal and painful than the games.
    Rock Smash and Flash Cannon are amazing especially when Ash's Boldore uses them. Oh yeah Rock Blast is epic too.
    Mud Shot is very interesting as they fire more bigger globs of mud at the opponent than Mud Bomb thus making it seem more stronger.
    Priority moves do not seem as fast as they are in the games but they do seem stronger. ex. Mach Punch, Quick Attack and Aqua Jet.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Stone Edge looks like a special move the way it should've worked was the pokemon slams their fist, horn or feet into the ground and send a bunch of rocks flying in the direction of their opponent.

Aeroblast from the second movie looked awesome like a legendary exclusive move should.

Shadow Ball looked like precisely how it should've which is a surprised since Mewtwo used it before it was even released.

Judgement looked unbelievably awesome much cooler than it does in the games.

I did like Luster Purge that was cool I always imagined it would look like a giant white beam of some kind.

Psychic doesn't look all that to be honest I'd expect it to show like mental shock waves that damage the opponent rather than a blue light show.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

I've never expected absorb to look like some red laser beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    Watching the Sinnoh league episodes today, I found myself saying, "I wish Hyper Beam looked more lethal. It was the ace move back in the day, and anytime it appears in the anime, I just want the move to seem bigger, more dangerous.
    Then try to look at the B/W 2 trailer that shows Mei VS Cheren.

IMO, the Hyper Beam in that trailer is awesome as hell.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

You know when it looked most awesome? In the First Movie when Gyarados used it.

Dragon Pulse - It's different in the anime.
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Hyper Beam, Judgement, Roar of time.

I wonder why Brock never gets poisoned by Croagunk's Poison Jab.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Hyper Beam, Judgement, Roar of time.

I wonder why Brock never gets poisoned by Croagunk's Poison Jab.

I believe either

A.Croagunk held back
    B.Brock eventually became immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I believe either

A.Croagunk held back
    B.Brock eventually became immune to it.
    Croagunk holds back. His "fist" actually isn't as poisoned as it is when it uses the move in battle.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Just like Lucario Fan said, Dragon Pulse. I'll like it better if it were to look like it does in the game, but fiercer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

Yea, Serperior's Hyper Beam was awesome, I hope that will be the new animation in the future, the one that have now doesn't look too "hyper".

Mach Punch and Aqua Jet have been disappointing if only because they don't seem to have the priority status they have in the games.

I was really bothered with how Surf was demonstrated in the Hearthome tournament, but that might be because Hearthome had crappy animation.

Sinnoh's Draco Meteor looked awesome! I don't know why, but it doesn't wow me as much when it is used in Unova.

Also, personally disappointed that Outrage is basically a Dragon type version of Close Combat.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 12th September 2012 at 6:13 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Mach Punch and Aqua Jet have been disappointing if only because they don't seem to have the priority status they have in the games.

I was really bothered with how Surf was demonstrated in the Hearthome tournament, but that might be because Hearthome had crappy animation.

Sinnoh's Draco Meteor looked awesome! I don't know why, but it doesn't wow me as much when it is used in Unova.

Also, personally disappointed that Outrage is basically a Dragon type version of Close Combat.
    I don't know if you saw "Great Bowls of Fire" but there was this Dragonite who used Outrage and the attack completely lived up to it's name because sure enough Dragonite went absolutely berserk and essentially ripped the hell out of Ash's Charizard and Clair's Dragonair.

As for most of the other moves I've gotta say if the move Ho-oh used in one of it's very few cutscenes was Sacred Fire it looked weird.

I was disappointed with Hydro Cannon and Dragon Claw just looks like a different color Slash. Fire Pledge was incredible possibly my favorite fire move now.

I don't really imagine or expect what moves look like in the anime since the anime has a lot of deferences with the games.
    I did think Pikachu's Thunderbolt didn't look like electricity though, but it does from now on in BW and come to think of it the pokemon's moves in BW have improved in the way they look then before in the series.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

While playing the games I always imagined Air Slash being like a powerful wind slash made by a sword, but in DP animation it was a wind orb? pretty much like rasengan, and now in BW they're like ... shurikens? that should be Air Cutter animation and the other one Air Slash.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

I've not imagine IceBeam in a tri-shot. In the anim, it's 3 beams started by a sphere point. In the game, it's... a line. But it's better in the anim
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Roar of Time look so much better in the anime than in the games

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Fire pledge really was nothing like i thought it was going to be like.

I imagined Grass Knot to be more...lethal looking, I suppose. It looks so obvious just to have a literal blade of grass in a knot trip the opponent, although I know that's technically the description.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Also water pulse comparing it to how the game makes it look. water pulse looks so much cooler in the anime then in the games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast