Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Purple, Grey, and the... Secret Dimension!? (PG)

Chapter Twelve has been written. I just finished it. I will *hopefully* post it tomorrow after school (well, after German Club after school :3).
    AS

Currently breeding for a shiny Aqua Jet Marill!
    FC: 4356 - 0171 - 9340
    Friend Safari: Normal (Lillipup, Audino, & Ditto)

Chapter Twelve: Rampaging Route 4!

Azumarill’s newly learned Ice Punch hit Leavanny in the stomach, and he was slammed into the ground.

“Leavanny can no longer battle. The winner is Brittany with Azumarill.”

“That was amazing, Brittany! Where did you learn to dodge Leaf Blade and strike back like that?” Purple was stunned. He didn't know Brittany was getting so good! Although he wouldn't admit it, he knew she was surpassing him in strength.

“I learned a lot from my gym battle with Roxie. I used the same strategy against her, in a way.” She walked across the field and picked up her Insect Badge. “I’m leaving, Purple. I’m going to a lovely place called Castelia Park to train and come up with new strategies. Best Wishes, Purple and Burgh!”

Burgh and Purple both said back to her, “Best wishes!”

Purple ran up to her before she could leave and hugged her as though it would be the last time he would ever see her.

Brittany left the Castelia Gym, the gym that she just won her third gym badge in. As she passed multiple piers, she came upon the last one before the entrance to Skyarrow Bridge.

“The guide says that Castelia Park is in the Castelia Sewers, so I guess that’s where I’ll go.”

“She told me that the Pokemon she wants is… there!”

“Hey, you! Stop! Servine, come out and stop that person!”

Servine flopped out in the most graceful of ways. His tiny legs sped across the pier and nearly caught up to the Team Underworld Grunt.

Brittany was giving chase now. The grunt had gone into the Castelia Sewers.

Brittany followed, but was almost immediately unable to go any further due to the smell from the Poison-type Grimer and Zubat’s smells.

Servine kept up with the grunt. The grunt was going up stairs at this point. When Servine got up the stairs, he found himself in a meadow full of grass and wild Pokemon.

Ten minutes later, Brittany made it up the stairs. It was the infamous Castelia Park that she had been looking for. While she took too long to get up the stairs, Servine had wrapped up the grunt with Vine Whip and kept him there.

“Good job, Servine. What should we do? I’ll call Professor Juniper.”

Brittany picked up her Xtransciever; however, she was paralyzed before she could call the professor. An Eevee pranced through the meadow. Brittany wanted- needed- it.

On Route 4…

“What are you doing here!?” Purple and the Mysterious Boy said simultaneously.

“I’ll answer first. Rufflet and I were actually researching the Desert Resort and Relic Castle here. We thought it might tie in to everything, but it doesn't. It only ties in to Reshiram and Zekrom, the legends of the Unova region.”

“That’s so cool! I just came from Castelia City. I got the Insect Badge!”

“Purple, I also have that badge,” he said as he flaunted it. “In fact, I’ve got five badges. I only need three more until I can go on with the mission.

Speaking of the mission, how many do you have? We need to all have eight as soon as possible!”

“I… umm… have two.”

“Are you kidding me, Purple!? Nimbasa City is up ahead; I demand you challenge the gym leader!”

The two boys walked through Route 4 until they came to the gate to Nimbasa City. As they approached it, a Sandile was thrown into the gate.

“That Sandile…”

“Is everything alright,- er, what’s your name? Last time we got interrupted before you could tell me.”

“My name is Grey. I've been sent by some of the best trainers in the world to stop this destruction. Anyways, that Sandile has been bullied by some Krokorok and Krookodile for some time now. I've stopped them, but it seems they’ve come back.”

“I’ll save Sandile. You fight, Grey.”

Purple grabbed a Poke Ball and threw it into the air. It was a decoy and a rescue mission. Purple threw it so Grey would have enough time to attack.

“Lilligant and Vanillite, attack with all of your force! Use your Petal Dance and Mirror Shots of doom,” Grey shouted when they came out.

The empty Poke Ball that Purple threw landed on Sandile’s stomach. The Poke Ball hopped into the air a few inches and consumed Sandile. The ball landed and one, two, three. Sandile has been caught by Purple.

While Purple caught Sandile, Lilligant and Vanillite had been caught in Krookodile’s Sand Tomb attack.

“Megahorn, Karrablast!”

Nobody had noticed, but Purple had secretly let Karrablast out of its Poke Ball and had it use Swords Dance. Karrablast’s Megahorn attack was supercharged now. Karrablast’s glowing horn jabbed into Krookodile’s body.

Krookodile fell over, unable to battle.

One Krookodile was down, three Krokorok to go.

Dewott popped out of his Poke Ball on his own. The Discipline Pokemon stood firm in front of the Sand Tomb-ed Lilligant and Vanillite.

Dewott lifted up its arms and a torrent of water poured through the Sand Tomb. Vanillite and Lilligant had been set free.

“Your Dewott’s Surf attack is quite impressive.”

“Thanks, Grey. That means a lot!”

Black scanned Lilligant and then Vanillite on his Pokedex while the battle wrapped up.

Dewott Razor Shelled one Krokorok, and it went “blasting off”.

“Lilligant and Vanillite, combine your Ice Beam and Solarbeam attacks to knock the other two out!”

The ultimate Grass-Ice move was born.

The blue beam of light with a green tint zapped the remaining Krokorok and they ran off. Purple and Grey were both fairly confident that they would never harm anyone or anything again.

The two returned all of their Pokemon to their balls and walked into the Nimbasa City.

Grey went to the Pokemon Center, and Purple went with him. When inside, Grey offered Purple to trade their Pokemon so they’ll evolve. Purple had never heard of such a thing, but he would be willing to do anything once.

The duo talked to Nurse Joy, but she only brought bad news. Reluctant to hear, the boys found out that the Pokemon Trade Machine is currently down- broken.

“What a bummer,” Purple sighed.

I wonder what Brittany’s doing, Purple thought.

Castelia Park had tons of wild Pokemon just running around and having fun.

The Pokemon were having fun, but the grunt was far from it. The grunt had gotten free from Servine’s grasp and had gotten the Pokemon Veronica had ordered him to get. Buneary.

“Eevee, Quick Attack that Buneary!”

Brittany’s new Eevee glowed white and slammed its own body into Buneary’s limber body. Buneary jumped into the air and kicked Eevee back down. It was Buneary’s Bounce attack!

“That’s what I was afraid of… There’s one other thing I’m afraid of. That would be Buneary’s ears. Watch out, Eevee! They’re super dangerous!”
    It was too late.

Buneary’s Dizzy Punch hit Eevee so hard that it knocked it out the second Eevee even thought to move. Eevee was paralyzed with fear. The Rabbit Pokemon’s glowing ears hit Eevee at Mach speed. Eevee landed a few feet back, unconscious.

“That’s what I thought, brat! Veronica will always get her way. We, Team Underworld, sure as heck won’t let a kid like you get in our way. Lampent, let’s go!”

Lampent came out and used Haze. Brittany was blinded, and she didn't have a Flying-type to blow away the smoke.

The smoke cleared, and Brittany was alone in the very meadow that she once yearned for. The meadow she wanted to visit so badly had turned into a nightmare, a nightmare of pain and agony.

Her Eevee’s spirit had dwindled down to nothing like a fire when it’s almost burnt out. Brittany’s spirit, too, had dwindled.

“I guess it’s back to training.”

Purple and Grey entered the electrifying city again when they left the Pokemon Center. The city boomed like a heated up cell. The friction of the town being the hustle and bustle. Purple and Grey navigated through this, but they were soon split up.

“SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF HERE!”

Purple heard a women scream this. When he followed the sound, he was at the Nimbasa City Ferris Wheel.
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 2nd April 2013 at 2:26 AM.
    AS

Yikes, what would Veronica want with a Buneary? Is it magical? Is it the chosen one? Guess I should keep reading!
    I'm also quite amused at Grey's demanding attitude. And who was he chosen by? I see lots more potential here!

Sprites made by Botchan-MLP

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Yikes, what would Veronica want with a Buneary? Is it magical? Is it the chosen one? Guess I should keep reading!
    I'm also quite amused at Grey's demanding attitude. And who was he chosen by? I see lots more potential here!
    Thanks. Everything will make sense soon enough.
    AS

Well, I just wanna apoligize for not reviewing earlier lol This is a very interesting series you got here and I just love the characters, especially Brittnay for some reason she seems to be a really interesting character with alot of depth because of how she handles suituations and her attitude makes me smile at times. I also like the pacing of your series with alot of original scenes and dialouge between all the characters. Overall, you have a very nice story here that shows truly great writing skills and expertise
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Well, I just wanna apoligize for not reviewing earlier lol This is a very interesting series you got here and I just love the characters, especially Brittnay for some reason she seems to be a really interesting character with alot of depth because of how she handles suituations and her attitude makes me smile at times. I also like the pacing of your series with alot of original scenes and dialouge between all the characters. Overall, you have a very nice story here that shows truly great writing skills and expertise
    Thanks so much! I'm really trying my hardest for all of you who are interested.
    AS

Chapter Thirteen: Elesa and the Ferris Wheel Fiasco!

Purple had run all the way across Nimbasa City. He passed the Battle Subway, the Nimbasa City Gym, the Musical Hall, and the Sports Stadiums. He was still astonished at how busy this city was. Once, a guy even threatened him for being in his way.

However, when he followed the screams, he ended up in a little park neighborhood. There were a few houses, but the thing that amazed Purple was the gigantic Ferris wheel.

He didn’t understand what was wrong. The place was beautiful. Flowers and grass swayed in the gentle breeze as if time would go on for forever. They would never stop. The Ferris wheel was eloquent. Every car on it alternated between being blue and gold, the colors of Electric-type Pokemon.

The shrill shrieks of torture cut through his idea of an ideally beautiful neighborhood.

“I still can’t figure out where that shriek is coming from.”

RING.

“Hm? My Xtransciever!” Purple answered, “Hello? Grey! What do you need? I think I’ve found the source of the screams.”

“Purple, listen. From here on out, this is all you. Nurse Joy just told me that she needed me to go to Driftveil City to save the local gym leader there. Apparently, he’s stuck in the Driftveil Mines.”

“Alright. I’ll take care of this and challenge the Nimbasa gym leader like you instructed.”

Purple hung up his Xtransciever and approached the lady in charge of the Ferris wheel. She was a young little girl, freckles all over. Perspiration covered her face. Something was wrong.

“Hey, little girl. Can you tell me what’s wrong?”

“The Nimbasa City gym leader is stuck in the very top car! When she got stuck, the Ferris wheel stopped moving, too. Also, the Subway Masters Ingo and Emmet, are stuck in the car next to her!”

“Leave this to me.”

Purple called forth all of his Pokemon. Dewott, Swanna, Solosis, Karrablast, and Sandile came out in front of the Ferris wheel, prepared.

“Karrablast, prepare yourself with Swords Dance. We’re going to need it. Swanna, fly high into the air and be prepared to swoop down. Dewott, use Ice Beam on the gym leader and subway masters’ cars. Sandile, break open the subway masters’ car with Stone Edge. Solosis, catch them all with Psychic.”

The five Pokemon leaped right into the action. Dewott and Sandile launched their Ice Beam and Stone Edge attacks at the respective cars. Swanna flew up high, and Karrablast stood on the ground and spun in circles. The emblem of a sword appeared above its head.

“Now, Swanna, come down and pick up Karrablast.”

Swanna swooped down like Purple told it, and Karrablast flipped onto Swanna’s back. Swanna flew up towards the gym leader’s car.

“Karrablast, use Megahorn on the part covered in ice. The ice, combined with Megahorn, should be enough to break open the car.”

Swanna’s graceful body reached the height needed, so Karrablast jumped off and rammed its now glowing horn into the ice covered car. The majority of the car broke into tiny blue pieces of Nimbasa City memories, memories that people from all over Unova experienced at the Ferris wheel.

“Good job, you two! How are you doing, Sandile?”

Purple turned his attention to Sandile. Sandile kept hitting Ingo and Emmet’s car with Stone Edge, but it wouldn’t break. A glow flashed behind Purple, and a Pokemon Purple had never seen before floated past him and gave Sandile its help.

A Psywave attack broke the glass with the combined power from Sandile’s Stone Edge.

“Sandile, Swanna, Dewott, and Karrablast are all here. Where did Solosis go!?”

Purple scanned the Pokemon on his Pokedex. He thought it might give him the answers he was looking for.

Duosion, the Mitosis Pokemon, and the evolved form of Solosis. Because Duosion's brain is divided into two, it can produce tremendous power when both parts share the same thought.

“You are Solosis!? That’s awesome, Duosion!”

The Mitosis Pokemon floated over and hugged Purple. Purple embraced it so hard that Sandile got jealous. Sandile missed its time to shine.

“Can someone get us DOWN FROM HERE?” The gym leader was furious. She now stood on the edge of her car.

“Duosion, Psychic!”

Duosion’s Psychic grabbed the gym leader, Ingo, and Emmet in its grasp and brought them down. The Psychic let them go; they were free!

The gym leader approached, “Thank you for saving me. Hi, I’m Elesa of the Nimbasa Gym!”

She had long black hair and a rather large golden scarf around her neck. She was tall compared to Purple, and she had quite the electrifying personality.

“Since you did save me and everything, I would like to give you the Bolt Badge.”

“I already got the Insect Badge this way, so I refuse. I want a real gym battle. I won’t allow myself to get two badges as gifts.”

“How does a one-on-one battle sound?”

“Fine.”

“Emmet, Ingo, be the referees?”

They both commanded, “Yes, ma’am.”

Ingo and Emmet were identical twins. Purple had never seen twins before, so he thought it was one of the coolest things ever. Ingo wore the black uniform, while Emmet wore the white uniform. They were professional subway masters, after all.

Ingo denounced, “Let the one-on-one battle pitting Purple against Elesa begin!”

Emmet finished his statement with: “Pick your Pokemon! Go!”

Elesa kissed her Poke Ball and threw it. “My Electric-type Pokemon will shock fear into you.”

Purple closed his eyes and stood there. Duosion, no. Dewott, definitely not. Swanna, heck no. Karrablast, he’s weak to her, also. That leaves Sandile.
    Emmet announced, “Emolga versus Sandile will now begin!”

“I’ll let you in on a little secret, Purple. My Emolga is actually weak. It can’t take many hits. That being said, my Emolga’s attacks are powerful enough to block your attacks, which means you will still lose.”

She winked. Purple knew she was serious.

“I like a challenge. Sandile, Stone Edge!”

“Knock them all down with Shock Wave!”

Emolga created a blue ball in her hands, and the electricity pulsed from it.

The Shock Wave electrified the stones and sent them right back at Sandile.
    The stones hit the ground around Sandile with a few actually hitting Sandile.

Emolga went straight at Sandile with its next attack, Iron Tail.

Emolga thrust its tail into the air. In doing so, its tail turned black as coal. Emolga landed a critical hit on Sandile, and Sandile flew back into the dust.

“Sandile, Incinerate!”

Sandile opened its jaws, and a flame spouted out.

“Block it, my Electric Warrior!”

Emolga put its hands in front of itself and a Light Screen appeared. Incinerate was decimated.

“Ha! I squash your attacks like I would squash an ant. Ha ha ha! It’s hilarious.”

“I’ll show you. Stone Edge one more time!”

Sandile did. The stones were deflected with Shock Wave again.

“Use Incinerate on the stones, Sandile, while they’re coming back at you!”

Sandile caught the stones in the air inside the swirling fire. Elesa was petrified.

“Send them right back!”

One by one, the flaming Stone Edge hit Emolga. Emolga hit the ground, but it got back up still.

“Sandile, Rock Slide.”

Pockets opened up in the air over the battlefield. Emolga dodged all of the rocks, but the last one hit it hard. Emolga crash landed on the ground.

“The winner is Purple,” Ingo and Emmet both declared.

Purple ran to Elesa and grabbed the Bolt Badge. He waved and ran off towards Driftveil City.

In Sinnoh…

“Grandma, I followed Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie all the way to Spear Pillar. When I got there, a flash of light appeared and they were gone!”

Carolina replied, “The legend must be true, then.” She hung up her Pokegear. “I hold fear for Unova… Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, please protect the Unova region,” she whispered to herself.
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 2nd April 2013 at 2:34 AM.
    AS

Yay! Sinnoh reference! I like the way you made Purple's team co-operate. And bringing another trio in. It flows really well, and it's well spaced too. No major grammar mistakes, either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSketchQueen View Post
    Yay! Sinnoh reference! I like the way you made Purple's team co-operate. And bringing another trio in. It flows really well, and it's well spaced too. No major grammar mistakes, either.
    I love Sinnoh. :3 I also love the concept of having everyone co-operate instead of one or two Pokemon shining.
    AS

Elesa stuck in a ferris wheel? No wonder I hate the things.

Anyways, thought that the screaming was because of an attack by the local team. Somehow I doubt that Ingo and Emmet would get stuck in the Ferris Wheel. Don't they have a flying type? I can't remember. But The Driftveil Ity Gym Leader getting stuck in the mines? I lol'd so hard.

Elesa stuck in a ferris wheel? No wonder I hate the things.

Anyways, thought that the screaming was because of an attack by the local team. Somehow I doubt that Ingo and Emmet would get stuck in the Ferris Wheel. Don't they have a flying type? I can't remember. But The Driftveil Ity Gym Leader getting stuck in the mines? I lol'd so hard.
    The whole thing with Clay, Elesa, Ingo, and Emmet will make sense soon enough...
    AS

Note: Sorry for the delay.

Chapter Fourteen: Caving of the Driftveil Mine!

A box radio beeped on a desk that radiated oceanic smell. Roxie picked up the walkie-talkie and talked into it.

“Hello? This is an emergency! All gym leaders- I repeat, all gym leaders- are needed at the Pokemon Association in Icirrus City! This is a mandatory meeting. Once again, all gym leaders are needed at the Pokemon Association!” She hung up the radio, leaned back in her office chair, and sighed.

She leaped out of her chair after a minute of rest and, with a kick to her step, walked out of her Virbank Shipyard office.

“I’m done, Marlon. The call has been made. Let’s kick it in gear and get to the meeting!” She jumped in Marlon’s boat. The tall, dark, and handsome man was standing at the wheel, shirtless.

On Route 4…

“Servine, keep at it and use Leaf Storm. Don’t let her get away!”

A Mandibuzz flew through the air, dodging all of Servine’s attack.

Brittany passionately commanded, “Her attacks seem to be coming from her mouth. She’s used Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse so far. Close her mouth with Vine Whip!”

Servine took a leap of faith in Brittany and did what she told him. Vines extended from the leaves on Servine’s mouth and wrapped around Mandibuzz’s mouth before she could fly away. Mandibuzz, however, fought back, relentlessly.

Mandibuzz’s entire body was torched in red flames. After a minute, her body turned blue. Servine’s vines were scorched and severely damaged, so he retreated. Mandibuzz did land the Brave Bird attack, though. Gaining experience, Mandibuzz started to shimmer. She puffed her chest out.

“She must have just learned new moves… Hmm…”

Wanting to prove his worth, Eevee came out to battle Mandibuzz. Eevee puffed his chest out also and posed for battle.

“My Eevee is a diva. Oh, dear..”

Eevee glowed white and charged. Once close enough, he took his charge to the sky. Mandibuzz put up her Protect, and Eevee’s Quick Attack was deflected, Eevee slammed into the dirt beneath Mandibuzz.

The Bone Vulture Pokemon made her wings glow silver and then black, a Steel Wing. She forced her ferocious attack upon the small Eevee. Where Eevee had been, a hole now lived.

Eevee resurfaced across the desert and charged another Quick Attack that hit Mandibuzz from behind. Mandibuzz fluttered down and was lying on the dirt, eyes swirled.

“Great, Eevee, let’s finish! Poke Ball, go!”

Mandibuzz went into the ball, unconscious. No fight.

It was two days later. Brittany had made it to Nimbasa City with her five Pokemon. She’d even beaten Elesa and gotten the Bolt Badge! What was she to do now? Logically, she’d go to Route 5 and continue her journey.

The young lass passed the Sports Stadiums and the Musical Hall. “If only I had time to go to them,” she sighed. “But, no, saving Unova comes first,” she finished.

She entered Route 5 and only saw trees. The route was crawling with tons and tons of trees. So many trees, in fact, that they lined the straight route.

A carnival was happening on the route, though. It was something that sparked interest on Brittany’s face.

“Oh, great, something else I can’t enjoy.”

Kids were running around, parents nowhere in sight. Vendors all over were selling delicacies such as funnel cakes and corn dogs. Brittany reminisced of all the times she went to the fairs back in Hoenn. Lilycove City always had them out at the Contest Hall.

Something other than the carnival caught her eye.

On the far side of Route 5…

“What do you mean the Driftveil Drawbridge is down!?

“I’m sorry, but both Nimbasa and Driftveil City are experiencing issues at the moment.”

“Fine, receptionist lady. I’ll just do it my own way then.” Purple walked to the edge of the drawbridge and jumped off, a roaring river underneath.

“Swanna!”

He flew with Swanna almost all of the way to Driftveil City. A flock of Ducklett was mad, however, because of the drawbridge being down. They attacked.

Ducklett surrounded Purple and Swanna in the sky. Air Cutters went everywhere.

The receptionist sighed, “First the boy with the Rufflet and now him. What bothers.”

In Driftveil City…

“Clay, can you hear me!? I’m trying to get you out of here!”

Grey had gotten over the Driftveil Drawbridge, avoiding Ducklett at all cost. He then made it into the gym that also worked as a mine; he already has the Quake Badge. The mine was covered in rocks from the cave-in.

“No response… Clearing the rocks will be the first step. Jellicent, Lilligant, and Pignite, please assist me! Water Pulse, Energy Ball, and Arm Thrust, respectively, you three!”

Slowly, the rocks started to disappear.

On the other side of the wall, Clay was hard at work with the rocks also. He had Palpitoad, Sandslash, and Excadrill hacking at the wall.

His brisk voice determined, “The best way will be for Palpitoad to attack first. Then, you two can attack simultaneously.” He then added, “Palpitoad, launch Hydro Pump!”

Palpitoad did, and, while a few rocks crumbled, the main purpose was to wet and damage the boulders.

Sandslash jumped and curled into a ball. He glowed silver and hit the wall. Excadrill jumped up and curled into a long silhouette and hit the wall also.

“Magnificent Gyro Ball and Drill Run attacks, you two. Keep it up,” he said in his deep voice.

“I think that might be the last layer of rock! Slam into it, you all!” Grey was getting pumped. He knew the Pokemon World Tournament started soon, and he couldn’t afford to miss it. That was, of course, where Veronica’s next attack would be.

The wall of rock crumbled as soon as Grey’s Pokemon slammed into it.

Excadrill and Sandslash’s attacks forced Grey’s Pokemon back. Jellicent, Pignite, and Lilligant were forced into Grey himself. Clay walked through, shocked.

“Grey, what are you doing here? Young fella, you already beat me, ya hear!”

“I know, Clay, but I was sent to help you…”

Clay helped Grey up, and Grey returned his Pokemon. Clay did the same. Clay then thanked Grey for saving him. A shriek filled the Driftveil Mines.

Something was coming.

Even though Purple had managed to get across the sky and into Driftveil without too much damage, the Ducklett weren’t going to give in. They chased him through the entrance to town, past the rest of town, and into the Driftveil Gym.

Gym trainers, workers of the mine who also challenged trainers before they could face Clay, tried to stop the Ducklett with their Pokemon, but Ground-type moves won’t work on Flying-type Pokemon like Ducklett.

The trainers continued to send out their Sandile, Krokorok, Palpitoad, and Sandshrew, but the Ducklett knocked them all out. The only advantage was Purple got a little bit of time to figure out where he was going.

He had returned Swanna so it wouldn’t take any more damage, but he was the one being attacked now. The different attacks that the Ducklett knew were slowing Purple down.

He turned into one corridor and saw Grey and Clay!

“Mooooooooooove!”

Clay and Grey ran as far back as they could into where Clay had been trapped. It was a dead end!

“Sandslash, Excadrill, clear more room!”

The two Pokemon came back out and used Gyro Ball and Drill Run, but there was no time. Purple ran into the room with them. The Ducklett had stopped in the entrance, posed for action.

Air Cutters and Bubblebeams soared through the cave, hitting Clay’s Pokemon and Clay, Grey, and Purple. This caused another cave-in.
    With the Ducklett on the other side, Purple, Grey, and Clay were caved-in.
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 2nd April 2013 at 2:44 AM.
    AS

Ha! Rabid Ducklett. I just have to laugh. Something about it seems so funny. Especially how they managed to defeat an entire Gym. Kind like when you use a Pidgey on Giovanni's Dugtrio.

But hey, the cliff hanger (or cave in so to speak) really has me thinking, is there going to be some important aspect of the story in the cave? I can't wait to find out!

Ha! Rabid Ducklett. I just have to laugh. Something about it seems so funny. Especially how they managed to defeat an entire Gym. Kind like when you use a Pidgey on Giovanni's Dugtrio.

But hey, the cliff hanger (or cave in so to speak) really has me thinking, is there going to be some important aspect of the story in the cave? I can't wait to find out!
    I'm glad you can't wait! It must mean I'm doing something right. xD
    AS

Things have been so hectic lately that I haven't had a chance to write. I will hopefully get the next chapter out tomorrow or Tuesday.
    AS

Chapter Fifteen: Passionate Battling at the Pokemon World Tournament!

“Hey, it’s Purple and Grey!” Brittany threw her tan arm into the air and waved as she saw the two boys enter the Pokemon World Tournament.

“Brittany! How have you been?” Purple walked up to her and gave her the usual passionate hug.

“I’ve been great! I have four badges! How about you two?”

Purple got sick to his stomach. “I only have three… Grey has five. We actually only made it here because a Pokemon saved us. We, along with Clay, were stuck in the Driftveil Mines. A Pokemon used Close Combat on the rocks and freed us. By the time we would have been able to see it, it was gone.”

“That’s fascinating! Let’s go, you guys, because registration ends soon.”

Grey and Purple signed their names and the Pokemon they would be using on the beige sign-up tickets that the receptionists at the registration table had.

The announcer came on, “Let’s get this thing starrrttteedddd-!”

The crowd went crazy.

“The first matchup will be Purple and Cheren, the Normal-type gym leader from Aspertia City!”

Cheren, the knowledgeable new gym leader, walked on stage. “It’s so nice to see you and Brittany again, Purple. Lenora’s not with me anymore, so I won’t be holding back. My new partner, Cinccino, go!”

“Escavalier, it’s your time to shine!” Purple gave his battle pose, a pose that consisted of him turning and throwing the Pokeball at an angle that made Brittany gawk.

“When did you get an Escavalier, Purple?”

“It turns out that Grey and I had Pokemon that evolved when traded. Isn’t that cool, Brittany?”

“For sure!”

Cheren pointed to Cinccino and commanded, “Take our skills and link them to your knowledge. If you understand that riddle, you’ll understand our strategy.” He bellowed and then commanded again, “Cinccino, start with Rock Blast!

The tufts on Cinccino’s back glowed orange and multiple disks of rock were sent hurtling at Escavalier.

“Guard yourself with Twineedle!”

Escavalier smashed every Rock Blast with its piercing needle-like arms.

“Our next tactic… Bullet Seed!”

Cinccino jumped high into the air. Cinccino opened its mouth, and Bullet Seed rained down on Escavalier.

“Endure that attack. Fight back with Energy Ball!”

The Bullet Seed rain shower ended. Escavalier put its needle-hands together and summoned an Energy Ball. Escavalier timed it perfectly, and the Energy Ball hit Cinccino just as it landed back on the ground.

“Get up, Cinccino,” Cheren fussed. “Swift!”

Cinccino barely managed to get up. The tufts came back out on its back. This time, they glowed yellow. Stars swarmed the battlefield, surrounding Escavalier.

“I came up with this when I watched a competition called the Wallace Cup, a contest, on television. A coordinator named Dawn used this with her Ambipom in the appeals round. Ever since I saw that, I have been working on catching and training a Cinccino to do this. We finally perfected it.”

“That’s clever, Cheren. It really is. It’s too bad that Escavalier is stronger. My star will shine brighter. Escavalier, Struggle Bug on the defense!”

Escavalier’s body glowed red. A force field of red energy came out of its body, blowing up all of the stars in the process.

“Now, use Giga Impact on the offense!”

Escavalier hurtled itself at Cinccino. A purple aura surrounded it as it boomed into Cinccino.

“Cinccino is unable to battle! Therefore, Purple is the winner!”

“We did it, Escavalier! There are only three more rounds until we win!”

The PA came on. The announcer stated, “The winners for round one are Purple, Sabrina, Grey, Falkner, Brittany, Fantina, Tate, and Veronica. Round two will begin shortly.”

Purple, Grey, and Brittany all screamed, “VERONICA!?”

The three met up in the lounge. They had a ten minute break to discuss what they were going to do.

“Grey, Brittany… I have something to say. Brittany, do you remember that note you gave me?”

“The one you dropped? Yeah, I remember. Why?”

“The note said that Team Underworld’s next attack would be on the Pokemon World Tournament. I brushed it off since I was with Cilan, my hero, but I was wrong. I should have prepared for this.”

Grey comforted, “All we can do now is fight and fight until we win. One of us has to win the tournament. There are only eight people left. Eight people were just knocked out. We can do this.”

“Round two will now begin. The first match will be Purple against Tate, the Psychic twin from the Hoenn region.”

“Why do I have to be first again?” Purple sighed and walked into the arena. He waved to the crowd; he was eating it up.

“Hi, Purple. I’m Tate, a twin to Liza, the other Psychic-type gym leader of Mossdeep City. Liza is out shopping. I will win no matter what. My Pokemon will be Alakazam. What will yours be?”

With the attack of the Pokemon World Tournament on his shoulders, he could only muster a one word answer: “Accelgor.”

Brittany asked Grey, “If you traded Pokemon to evolve them, why does Purple have both of them?”

Grey answered, “I have many Pokemon, so I gave it to Purple to strengthen his team. We are fighting for Unova, after all.”

She nodded. The battle had gotten underway.

Alakazam charged at Accelgor, fist burning. It was Fire Punch!

“Accelgor, use Double Team to escape that attack!”

Accelgor made copies of itself everywhere, but it was for nothing.

“Close your eyes and use Telekinesis to find the right one!”

Alakazam did. All of the copies went back to the real Accelgor when Alakazam pinpointed the right one. Alakazam’s fist burned again. This time, Fire Punch hit Accelgor. Lucky for Accelgor, it was burned.

“That’s perfect! End this battle now, Accelgor. Use Façade!”

Accelgor glowed various shades of red, blue, and yellow. When Façade hit Alakazam, it fell over unconscious.

“And that’s all she wrote, folks,” the announcer started. He finished, “Our first victor to move on to round three is Purple! Let’s see how the other three battles are going on the other stages.”

On stage two, Grey was battling Brittany. Vanillite was battling Brittany’s Servine. Vanillite used Icicle Spear to pin Servine to the wall. An Ice Beam dealt the final blow.

On stage three, Sabrina from Kanto was battling Fantina from Sinnoh. Sabrina’s Gengar was battling Fantina’s Mismagius. Gengar stood in midair, poised. Gengar was using Calm Mind to up its Special Attack and Defense stats. A Shadow Ball from Gengar knocked Fantina out of the tournament.

On the last stage, Veronica was battling Falkner, a Flying-type gym leader from Johto. Falkner couldn’t get any hits in. Veronica knocked Falkner and his Pidgeot out of the tournament in one hit from her Eevee.

The announcer exclaimed, “We have our winners for round two! Purple, Grey, Sabrina, and Veronica are moving on! Let’s see round three’s matchups!”

The crowd and the participants looked to the board. The board scrambled the victors’ pictures and put them in the bracket.

“It looks like Purple will be battling Grey and Veronica will be battling Sabrina!”

Purple and Grey ran to the lobby where Brittany was waiting.

“What are you two going to do?”
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 2nd April 2013 at 2:52 AM.
    AS

Chapter Sixteen: Turning of the Tournament!

“I guess I’d better get to the meeting,” a cold voice shuttered. The brisk man walked from the Icirrus Gym to the Pokemon Association. When he walked in, he was greeted.

In the large room, all of the Unova gym leaders were hanging around, waiting.

“You’re late, Brycen,” Drayden accused.

“My deepest apologies,” he bowed.

Sitting around an oval table were Skyla, Elesa, Lenora, Cheren, and Burgh. At the head of the table were Roxie and Marlon, the ones who called the meeting. At the opposite head, Brycen sat down. Chili, Cilan, and Cress, the triplets who now can’t stop fighting, stood at opposite ends of the room. Drayden stood to the side.

Roxie stood up and commenced, “I called this meeting for one reason and one reason only. After fighting Team Underworld in my own city, I realized that they are really up to something evil.”

Skyla commented, “Twist Mountain is right near my city, and I see people entering and leaving it all of the time. They can’t be good.”

“I was just at the Pokemon World Tournament, you guys. A guy named Purple beat me in the first round. Rest assured, you guys, I think he and his two friends will save the Unova region.” Cheren walked out.

Back at the tournament…

“The battle between Purple and Grey will now begin. Trainers, choose your Pokemon.”

The trainers didn’t have second thoughts. Brittany had asked them what they would do. It was simple to them. Their answer: fight.

“The battle will be Lilligant versus Dewott. Begin!”

“Lilligant, use Quiver Dance, and don’t let Dewott get close!”

Purple counter-argued, “Get close, Dewott! X-Scissor attack will do!”

Lilligant dances gracefully in place. Dewott grabbed its two scalchops and charged, fiercely glowing.

X-Scissor made contact with Lilligant’s body just as Quiver Dance wrapped up. Lilligant bounced Dewott off and awaited its next command.

“Use Giga Drain to knock Dewott out!”

Lilligant’s petals, as though they were vines, came out and wrapped around Dewott. A green aura surrounded Dewott and the petals. Dewott screamed in pain. Energy was being depleted from Dewott’s body.

“Launch it,” Grey shrilled.

The petals became looser, and Dewott was thrown back to Purple’s side of the field.

“Get up, Dewott! I know you can! Ice Beam the floor and Lilligant!”

Dewott managed to get to its feet. Lilligant was using Quiver Dance again, even though Grey and Lilligant both knew that it wouldn’t take much more to knock Dewott out.

Dewott started running. About mid-field, it stopped. Dewott leaned over, panting. Out of nowhere, Dewott’s eyes turned an evil shade of red, the kind that you always felt looking at you in the dark as a child. Blue aura surrounded Dewott and the field itself.

The announcer came on the PA, “Just as the battle was looking bad for Purple, Dewott’s ability, Torrent, has been activated. Will Purple be able to use this to his advantage?”

“Torrent? I didn’t know my Dewott had so much stored power. Let’s do this! Dewott, Ice Beam!”

Dewott leaned back up and launched the Ice Beam. Ice encased Lilligant.

“Don’t you know that Torrent only powers up Water-type moves?”

“No, I didn’t… Thanks Grey. Dewott, Surf the battlefield!”

A wave crashed up from the ground. Dewott jumped up and landed in the middle, surfing through the battlefield. Lilligant’s encased ice broke when Surf hit. Dewott jumped up again, the battle hitting a turning point.

“Lilligant, Dewott may not be able to control Torrent. Crash everything with Petal Dance!”

Lilligant spun. Glowing petals crashed Surf and the leftover ice. They also hit Dewott while it was still in midair. One petal after another cut Dewott. Dewott landed on the ground, unable to battle any further.

Purple held up Dewott’s Poke Ball. Dewott went back in with the red energy.

“You did great,” he congratulated. He walked off the stage and joined Brittany. Grey had to stay on stage for the finals. He will either face Sabrina or Veronica.

“Shall we go check Sabrina and Veronica’s battle? We shall!” The announcer skipped over to the other battlefield.

Veronica complimented, “This is the third round. No other battle so far has given me a challenge. Sabrina, you are a good trainer. But, you will lose. Eevee, Dig attack! Come up behind Gengar!”

Eevee jumped into a hole in the ground. Sabrina looked shocked on the other side. Gengar just floated in the air, waiting for Eevee to resurface.

Sabrina worried, “Gengar, watch out!”

Eevee resurfaced behind Gengar. Eevee summoned a Shadow Ball and hit Gengar with it in the back. Gengar smacked into the ground hard. Eevee landed next to it, and just to make sure it was knocked out, used a Bite attack.

“Come on back, Eevee. We’re just one step closer to our attack.”

“The finals will be Veronica battling Grey! Who will win the Pokemon World Tournament? Stick with us!” The announcer left the stage and went to his trailer for refreshments before the last round.

Ten minutes passed. Brittany and Purple sat in the stands still. Veronica was boasting to her Eevee about how great they are together. Grey stood in the middle of stage, worrying.

“Let the finals begin!”

“My darling Eevee, get on stage!”

“How do I fight that Eevee? It’s too strong. Hmm… Go, Pignite!”

“Eevee, use Dig on Pignite!” Veronica gave a wicked smile and threw her hands up like a model.

Eevee came up under Pignite’s legs. Pignite fell to the ground, injured.
    “Eevee, use Return, your strongest attack!”

Purple got up out of his seat and started to walk off.

Brittany started to get up to follow him and asked, “What are you doing?”

“Grey will be quickly beaten by Veronica. Our only plan was to win. You and I have both been knocked out. There’s nothing we can do other than to back him up. You stay here. It’s too dangerous. I’m going backstage for when Grey loses. That will be when she starts whatever her plan is.”

“Pignite has been hit by multiple Dig and Return attacks, but he’s sticking in there. How long will he hold on?” The announcer was now on the sidelines.

Eevee rammed into Pignite one last time with Return. Pignite bounced a couple of times on his way back to Grey. He was unable to battle any more.

“Veronica wins the Pokemon World Tournament! Please join me in the middle of the stage, Veronica, so we can award you your BP and trophy.”

“As if. Now!” She screamed.

A woman on the roof of the building with purple hair commanded the implanted Ferroseed to use Explosion. The Ferroseed glowed white and collapsed the roof of the Pokemon World Tournament in.

The purple-haired woman commanded, “Now, Golbat, use Smokescreen!”

The whole arena was filled with smoke. Nobody could see. Everyone was coughing and gagging for air. Veronica ran over and pushed the announcer off of the stage. He fell ten feet and hit the ground.

Brittany heard sounds of struggle in the arena. It was Purple and Grey!

One of the competitors, Falkner, eventually grabbed his Poke Balls containing his Pidgeot and Swellow. They cleared the smoke with their wings, but there was no sign of Purple or Grey anywhere.

Brittany jumped out of her seat.

“They’re gone!”
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 2nd April 2013 at 2:52 AM.
    AS

Great turn of events. The minute that Veronica won, I shouted, "It's a trap!" in my best Admiral Ackbar voice. Lo and behold, I was right. Now, I can only guess as to what will happen next. I have a few ideas, but I'll keep them to myself since you seem to have things pretty well planned out here.

Great turn of events. The minute that Veronica won, I shouted, "It's a trap!" in my best Admiral Ackbar voice. Lo and behold, I was right. Now, I can only guess as to what will happen next. I have a few ideas, but I'll keep them to myself since you seem to have things pretty well planned out here.
    I have soooo many ideas! I'm trying to fit them all in, but I don't know if I'll be able to!
    AS

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I have soooo many ideas! I'm trying to fit them all in, but I don't know if I'll be able to!
    I know, right? I had that problem too. That's my problem is that I get too many ideas and I can't write because I don't know what to use.

I know, right? I had that problem too. That's my problem is that I get too many ideas and I can't write because I don't know what to use.
    Same here... Would you say I'm doing alright?
    AS

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Same here... Would you say I'm doing alright?
    Oh yeah, definitely. I like your characters, and your plot just always leaves me wanting more. I'm still wondering how the spirits are getting involved (although I have my guesses.) Not to mention the secret dimension thing in the title, I can't wait to see it!

Oh yeah, definitely. I like your characters, and your plot just always leaves me wanting more. I'm still wondering how the spirits are getting involved (although I have my guesses.) Not to mention the secret dimension thing in the title, I can't wait to see it!
    Awesome! And just as you can't wait to read it, I can't wait to write it! I think I'm going to write another chapter tonight just because I have so much fun with it.
    AS

I am the same way. When I feel motivated, I write until I fall asleep. I have a ton of stuff down on paper. My problem is conveying it so that others know what I'm writing about o.o

I am the same way. When I feel motivated, I write until I fall asleep. I have a ton of stuff down on paper. My problem is conveying it so that others know what I'm writing about o.o
    I have the same problem! I write things sometimes, and I'm the only one that understands it!
    AS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast