Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 135

Thread: Do you think Black&White 2 should go back to the Gen IV style instead of 3D?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    born and live in north ireland
    Posts
    11

    Default Do you think Black&White 2 should go back to the Gen IV style instead of 3D?

    I personally think they should, I do like certain changes however I think Black and White just didn't really feel like a Pokemon game, what is your opinion?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    543

    Default

    No I like the new style

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    If possible they should go back to Gen I style.
    But the new handheld system needs a new Pokemon game, no?

    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    If possible they should go back to Gen I style.
    But the new handheld system needs a new Pokemon game, no?

    This pretty much sums up my point. Most of the new features are upgrades what would've happened anyway and as for the 3D ones if I remember rightly you actually have the choice of toggling between 3D and Normal Screen so I don't really think it's necessary to cut it out.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The tube (a pencil you ride)
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    This pretty much sums up my point. Most of the new features are upgrades what would've happened anyway and as for the 3D ones if I remember rightly you actually have the choice of toggling between 3D and Normal Screen so I don't really think it's necessary to cut it out.
    I never knew that. Cool.


    White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    This pretty much sums up my point. Most of the new features are upgrades what would've happened anyway and as for the 3D ones if I remember rightly you actually have the choice of toggling between 3D and Normal Screen so I don't really think it's necessary to cut it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RondezView View Post
    I never knew that. Cool.
    Wait.

    What?

    How

    You guys know we're talking about 3D graphics right

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack xx munchlax View Post
    I personally think they should, I do like certain changes however I think Black and White just didn't really feel like a Pokemon game, what is your opinion?
    Are you kidding? Their new style is great!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Gotta feeling this is going to be a spec thread -.- anywho, I like the new feel over the last few games, HG\SS as well as Gen V. They are giving us a story vs throwing you into the game with only a starter and sending you on your way. Yes I did enjoy R\B\Y, and played them religiously. But I think with the new story\new look GF is givin everybody what they want. I gotta feeling with the 3ds its going to be like BW\B2W2 with a story, but with a more open world concept. But who knows

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Garbage dump
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    I did enjoy R\B\Y, and played them religiously.
    What?
    How can you play Pokemon religiously?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    What?
    How can you play Pokemon religiously?
    The bigger question is how can you play RBY religiously?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    What?
    How can you play Pokemon religiously?
    I think he meant "regularly on a daily basis".

    Anyway, as for my opinion about the topic, GameFreak said that they will keep using sprites since they can be more artistic with it. I'm glad that they won't shift to 3D Pokemon models. But if ever they do, I'm fine with it.

    As for environment, I'm happy with the 3D implementation that we already have in BW2.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    What?
    How can you play Pokemon religiously?
    Its a figure of speech... Youve honestly never heard that expression before?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the tub, sweetie :3
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I love the new style. My point is basically what the above poster said.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/otn79k.png[/IMG]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I do like the new style and I think the animations of the Pokemon are really good, the only let down is that on my DS Lite (I'm not sure about the newer DSs) the Pokemon which the player uses are extremely pixelated. This is the only real draw back, compared to the highly detailed Pokes of Gen III and IV.
    5th gen DW Females for trade: If you would like one, message me and we can sort something out.


    3DS Friend Code: 0060-9650-3356, looking for Dragon friend safaris especially hidden ability Dratinis/Dragonairs, PM me if you have one please.
    Black Friend Code: 1248 8541 3806
    Time Zone GMT

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nimbasa City
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Yeah, and the battlefield and call of duty games should look more like duck hunt.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,529

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Filling the void
    Posts
    10,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack xx munchlax View Post
    I personally think they should, I do like certain changes however I think Black and White just didn't really feel like a Pokemon game, what is your opinion?
    You're

    You're aware that the games are already developed and released, right?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    You're

    You're aware that the games are already developed and released, right?
    Im just curious but why did you use you're twice?

    To the OP: bro, it's still Pokemon so your obviously going to buy it despite whether you like 3D or not.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    I'm pleased with the current style. I really doubt they'd actually revert back to Gen 4, since, you know, that was Gen 4, and we're in Gen 5.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    706

    Default

    I like both of them honestly!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    This is stupid

    Why would you want to downgrade to something inferior to what you have now?
    its like getting a camaro and saying "naw i would rather have the gremlin instead"

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec.
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    This is stupid

    Why would you want to downgrade to something inferior to what you have now?
    its like getting a camaro and saying "naw i would rather have the gremlin instead"
    Egg-sactly.

    People seem to think that saying "it was better back then" is a good argument.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    This is stupid

    Why would you want to downgrade to something inferior to what you have now?
    its like getting a camaro and saying "naw i would rather have the gremlin instead"
    Eh, just because something was used back then but not now doesn't mean that it's necessarily inferior. Many people argue that Unova's relatively linear region design is quite inferior to the non-linear regions of DPP and HG/SS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Egg-sactly.

    People seem to think that saying "it was better back then" is a good argument.
    New games come with new designs, I guess. Innovation is sometimes key.

    "It was better back then" is a horrible argument, if only for the fact that "better" is subjective. At least something like "sales over the first week were worse than that of the previous generation's games" would've made sense, because that'd be using a(n) (erroneous) fact to support the point being argued. :/





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Why would you wanna go backwards?
    If you want to feed your nostalgia, just play Pokemon Red /FireRed then.

    The new style could be even sharper and better, if there were a new Pokemon for the 3DS.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaCrasher View Post
    Why would you wanna go backwards?
    If you want to feed your nostalgia, just play Pokemon Red /FireRed then.

    The new style could be even sharper and better, if there were a new Pokemon for the 3DS.
    Heard of the new PMD?

    Anyway, while this won't correspond with my above post, BW sometimes looks like animal crossing, but in a good way, since I like AC.
    DP on the other hand, while Ilike it, it does look a bit strange, as if unfit somehow.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •