Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Black&White 2 should go back to the Gen IV style instead of 3D?

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaCrasher View Post
    Why would you wanna go backwards?
    If you want to feed your nostalgia, just play Pokemon Red /FireRed then.

The new style could be even sharper and better, if there were a new Pokemon for the 3DS.
    Heard of the new PMD?

Anyway, while this won't correspond with my above post, BW sometimes looks like animal crossing, but in a good way, since I like AC.
    DP on the other hand, while Ilike it, it does look a bit strange, as if unfit somehow.

This is a silly argument. The fact is as time rolls on the games are going to have to move along with them and the one thing I'll rate nintendo for is the fact that rather than making it an exclusive 3DS game (Which probably would've lost alot of money) they decided to allow players the Option of using the 3D features of their latest console or allowing the players to use the modified game mechanics on their older consoles aswell as the 3DS (Which as I've stated before doesn't force you into playing the games in 3D you can choose to toggle it on and off).

Quite frankly I find the whole concept of 3D completely stupid on the count that it's been around for years and the reason it wasn't effective is because of the strain it put's on the eyes. At in this case you get to choose the option. Nintendo is going the way of interactivity with it's consoles to open up it's potential to the world and as ridiculous as their designs can be they always deliver.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    This is stupid

Why would you want to downgrade to something inferior to what you have now?
    its like getting a camaro and saying "naw i would rather have the gremlin instead"
    Perfect Example

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    This is a silly argument. The fact is as time rolls on the games are going to have to move along with them and the one thing I'll rate nintendo for is the fact that rather than making it an exclusive 3DS game (Which probably would've lost alot of money) they decided to allow players the Option of using the 3D features of their latest console or allowing the players to use the modified game mechanics on their older consoles aswell as the 3DS (Which as I've stated before doesn't force you into playing the games in 3D you can choose to toggle it on and off).

Quite frankly I find the whole concept of 3D completely stupid on the count that it's been around for years and the reason it wasn't effective is because of the strain it put's on the eyes. At in this case you get to choose the option. Nintendo is going the way of interactivity with it's consoles to open up it's potential to the world and as ridiculous as their designs can be they always deliver.
    Maybe this can be rectified by giving us the option to change view. Kind of like on the Sky Arrow Bridge, where the camera angle changes between the top side view and the side to side view. That way, people who prefer the top down view of older games can have that option, while anyone else can make full use of their 3D by switching it to the other view.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

yes. call me a nostalgia *** all you want but i dont give a flying fish if you disagree. i loved hgss style.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Nope. I love the new graphics.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

I'm mostly indifferent to graphics in games like Pokemon as long as they don't hurt my eyes or give me headaches, the mechanics are the important thing.

I just wish they'd bring back the option to have your Pokemon follow you around outside its pokeball.

The President has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?
    Yes [ ]
    No- [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by SirLadette View Post
    I just wish they'd bring back the option to have your Pokemon follow you around outside its pokeball.
    Sure that was fun, but there's no point in that.

I preffer the new style way a lot, battle and animations flow more efficently than any other gen, also interactivity from both pokemon during battle is way better than only a send out itroduction move.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Sure that was fun, but there's no point in that.
    Exactly, so why not add it back in if it didn't cause any harm? (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

What you're proposing is absolutely ridiculous. To go back and remove a successful advancement is completely the opposite of the norm.

That being said, no, I would not wish to revert to the generation IV style of display.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

5th gen is ugly to me at least, too heavily pixelated, but it's crazy to think they'd change the graphics completely especially since the games are already done.

The overworld graphics are fine but the battle graphics are what I think's ugly.

However I am fine with the overall flow of the battles.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 14th September 2012 at 1:34 AM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Nope.

I think the improvements are, well improvements. I like seeing the arms and stuff and I like all the animations like Cheren foot tapping and Bianca fixing her hat.

And I may be alone on this, but I rather like the battle screens. The pixelly-ness doesn't bother me and kind of makes the colours stand out to me.

I'm fine with the new graphics. They are slightly pixelated in movement and such, but they can can be improved in the future. I also see them as a big change from what it was before.

I think the new style is cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    I did enjoy R\B\Y, and played them religiously.
    What?
    How can you play Pokemon religiously?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    What?
    The bigger question is how can you play RBY religiously?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    What?
    I think he meant "regularly on a daily basis".

Anyway, as for my opinion about the topic, GameFreak said that they will keep using sprites since they can be more artistic with it. I'm glad that they won't shift to 3D Pokemon models. But if ever they do, I'm fine with it.

As for environment, I'm happy with the 3D implementation that we already have in BW2.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I like the Gen V style, and hoping it keeps improving in the future!

I quite like the new styles they put in,

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

*Face-desk*

It's WAAAAAAAAY too late for that.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Its fine just how it is now. I just hope GF doesn't go too far on the graphics and make them like the Pokemon BR kind of graphics, that would ruin the main series games. I would hate to see 3D models, GF should just stay with the sprites.

I'm pretty fond of both the Gen IV and V graphical styles for different reasons. Gen IV is probably the generation of games I've played the most, and Pt/HG/SS-style graphics have really grown on me. But I love the slightly more detailed/realistic styles of BW, so no, I'm not big on the idea of regressing to Gen IV graphics. Why would they do that?

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

I like the new style a lot better. I do not have a problem if game freak switches to 3D, that'd be even better.
    One thing I enjoyed about the 4th gen graphics,(heartgold mainly), is that in HG/SS, the graphics seemed anime like and that's one of the things I loved about it.
    But overall, game freak should stick with the Gen V setup.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

No we need to keep the 3D, gen 4 had bland visuals.
    No point in downgrading.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast