Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Black&White 2 should go back to the Gen IV style instead of 3D?

If nintendo make the change to 3d they should do it properly. No 3d city on ds a 3d game on 3ds. Battle revolution style. Basically semi 3d dosent work for pokemon.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

If I had to choose I would rather have the new updated graphics, but I would prefer it if they made your Pokemon in battle less Pixelated; it just doesn't look right compared to how clean the oppositions Pokemon looks. Although I did really like the Polygonal 3D I just can't resist the new look of Pokemon, especially now I am so used to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    What?
    How can you play Pokemon religiously?
    Its a figure of speech... Youve honestly never heard that expression before?

As far as the graphics are concerned, animated sprites are a huge leap forward, and I don't feel they depart from the original "game design" at all. They're still using artistic sprites and not 3D models, and I'm fine with that. After playing BW, the lack of sprite animations is very noticeable in the older games.

As far as the region design is concerned, I do feel that Sinnoh was superior. I also feel that the regions should not be based on actual countries/continents, since it's a bit strange that in BW, I'm obviously from a town in Florida when looking at the map... yet it's not Florida... and somehow I can walk or ride my bike the entire span of the U.S. in hardly any time at all. Weird.

I personally like the new 3-D style and how all the pokemon move and such and close there eyes when they sleep. Now if they could get them to acutally fall when takened out and move differently for all their respective moves, that would just be icing on the cake. Though all of that would be hard on a handheld, but not for a consol. Also before anyway says I just like the 5th gen, I have played pokemon since R/B to G/S/C/ then a huge gap to SS/HG and now B/W
    [The Hoenn Triangle]
    Join Today http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Feel the Crushing Power of the Sea Sector!

Credit to Shade2000

FC Pokemon X Flare♥ 2681-0317-2090

Spoiler:

Its always good to try a new style of gaming IMO

This thread makes no sense. Gen V and Gen IV graphics are nearly identical. The graphical upgrade between the two generations has been the least significant since Pokemon began.

Most of the sprites are rehashes from Diamond and Pearl. The only major addition is the animations, and even they look pretty dated (better animations have been done on the SNES 20 years ago).

Something has to be wrong with you if you'd choose the Diamond and Pearl overworlds over Black and White's. DP had a bland and uninspired overworld. If it wasn't for the 3D (yes, DP were also in 3D) DP could have easily been for the GBA. Black and White didn't exactly push the DS's graphical capabilities either, but it did make a better use of them (the bridges, the moving camera, better depth in the overworld).

Also, stylistically Gen IV was pretty ugly. I hated the massive bobble heads and miniature bodies. Gen V was a lot less chibi than Gen IV was. Gen IV's towns all had the same boring tiles and houses. Gen V made sure that every town looked different from each other.

I could go on and on about how awful Gen IV was, honestly. But just know that Gen V is definitely an improvement and we're much better off than we were 5 years ago.

I would hate to see pokemon games go to 3DS only.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulmuhsee View Post
    As far as the region design is concerned, I do feel that Sinnoh was superior. I also feel that the regions should not be based on actual countries/continents, since it's a bit strange that in BW, I'm obviously from a town in Florida when looking at the map... yet it's not Florida... and somehow I can walk or ride my bike the entire span of the U.S. in hardly any time at all. Weird.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Unova is technically smaller than Sinnoh if you take into account what they were based off of in real life: Unova is the NYC metropolitan area while Sinnoh is the entire island of Hokkaido and some of Sakhalin.
    Shiny Hunt Status
    Darumaka (W, random) - found!
    Tranquill (W, random) - found!
    Maractus (W, Masuda) - 660 eggs hatched
    Oshawott (W, Masuda) - not started

As much as I like Gen. IV, I'm gonna have to say no. The graphics, if anything are what will be improved in the future.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    No. I like the 3D things coz if they keep using the same stuff, it'll be boring as hell, nya~
    I have never agreed with anything more. The 3D is great and if you wanna get some Gen IV graphics, go play some Gen IV games. Eventually these games will be in 4D or something and everyone will be crying about how they want 3D back...
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I don't know why you wouldn't like the pokemon to have some animation in them especially in combat.

The one thing I noticed between B/W vs HG/SS is that there appears to be less land to explore. Less legendaries to catch, and less side things to do. I also dislike how you are stuck with the 5th gen pokemon especially since I dislike how the majority of them look. Fortunately the dreamworld allows you to get some pokemon out of the 6th gen prior to beating the elite 4 which I generally used to go into the GTS negotiations. You can get some pretty sweet deals through that if you find the right people like I managed to get a bulbasaur, torchic, dratini, and a L62 Garchomp which was so OP at the time. My entire team was traded pokemon so leveling was quick and easy which I like. The whole grinding for hours in grass drives me nuts. So the whole GTS negotiations thing is pretty awesome. I know there is the entralink stuff but I don't know anyone or really care to know anyone to utilize them. I play these games mainly for the solo experience and the collecting.

The one area I think they need to expand upon is the game battle mechanics themselves. The introduction of dual or triple battles is awesome but I think some real time strategy would be the biggest leap they can take. While the introduction of trade negotiations is a godsend I personally would like to see a better search engine for the normal system. For example if I'm trading a Mewtwo I would like to search for those looking for a Mewtwo and see what they are offering. That and being able to cycle through more than the 10 or so available offers when looking for a certain guy cause lets face is the trade system is full of L3 commons being offered up for legendaries and starters. Sometimes I want to find a guy who just wants to trade a Pidgey for a Pidgey since I like the bonus exp that comes with traded guys.

Personally, I find myself getting bored when playing 4th gen games anymore since the Pokemon feel somewhat lifeless.

Animated sprites in the 5th gen games prevent me from feeling this, so no I don't want GameFreak to go back to the old static style of Pokemon battles.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Heck no, why would we want those terrible gen IV sprites back?
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."-Karen of the Elite Four

I've been waiting for a graphical upgrade since 2007. And I'm happy to have gotten it.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Playing with moving sprites brings life to the Pokemon battles, and when playing HG again, the battles there have become dull..
    So I disagree :P

I would never want the graphical style to go back, the games look great now.

I'm even interested in the new Mystery Dungeon game because of the graphical upgrade, I never really cared about them before.

New Pokemon graphics >>> Old Pokemon graphics

The only way to go is forward.

Pokemon is headed to the 3DS. So obviously, the 3D environment will continue to be improved and polished. Alongside this, the pixel sprite quality will improve as well. Obviously, we can expect that the sprites will use a larger resolution, and will be animated (which should be the standard).

The only things I can see them bringing back are gameplay features

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I don't see why we should go back. The only thing I really don't like are the pixelated back sprites, but I'd rather have this fixed than go back to the previous style.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I don't see why we should go back. The only thing I really don't like are the pixelated back sprites, but I'd rather have this fixed than go back to the previous style.
    Even if they make a larger back sprite compared to the front, I think large pixelation will continue to occur as long as the camera zooms in and out of the battle field.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Nah, it's fine as it is. The 3D kind of graphics now are pretty amazing, and I think they've done a great job doing so..

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

It really wasn't that big of a jump. What would be a big jump is actually showing the Pokemon attack the opponent without just a repeated attack animation (ie bite has the Pokemon rushing up to the opponent and biting them, instead of just a picture of a mouth crunching)

The 3D is great, going on Skyarrow Bridge for the first time is great due to the 3D.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Well... Aside from a few areas it's pretty similar. I have to say I thought GameFreak really went the extra mile by adding some 3d areas to the game.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

Naw, I thiink its great that the style is going forward ^_^ I like this 3D style better :P
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast