Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Black&White 2 should go back to the Gen IV style instead of 3D?

It's not going back and the next thing you might see in the future for handhelds is Coliseum/XD looking next gen game or that new mystery dungeon look.

i like having the game outside battle be in 3d because it can look really nice, but personally i hope that battles stay 2d. 3d isn't necessarily superior to 2d. in fact, generally 2d stuff is more detailed at the same level of power. 2d on the n64 looked great while 3d looked terrible (by today's standards). even the wii which has subpar 3d abilities has some incredibly detailed 2d games. i think being in 3d would kind of make battles lose their charm, because you wouldn't get the same level of detail.

Why would you want a graphics style to go backwards instead of forwards? That's like saying 'nyeah, I don't want improvement!'.

The camera zoom in BW was great. I really enjoy the Sky Arrow bridge, and Castelia. I'd be happy if they made all future pokemon games look like animal crossing, tbh. That's a lovely mix of immersive 3D and overhead angles.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    This is stupid

Why would you want to downgrade to something inferior to what you have now?
    its like getting a camaro and saying "naw i would rather have the gremlin instead"
    I like this post^^

Even so the older style wasn't "gremlin" it was more like original mustang trying to be transitioned over to the ugly fox body. I think if we are going to see evolution of the game it needs to consist of story and strategy before graphics. However the next console version needs a major re haul graphically.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/291z3g7.jpg[/IMG]

The current Graphics are awesome in my opinion, I am excited to see how it will evolve into even better graphics

I do like the new style but I also think some things are pointless. I also feel that the game has to evolve with the DS. Not only for promotional sake, but for quality as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jack xx munchlax View Post
    I personally think they should, I do like certain changes however I think Black and White just didn't really feel like a Pokemon game, what is your opinion?
    I don't know about your uncertainty. Is your understanding about 3D is all about being realistic like real things? In video games, 3D meant eing able to view and move in 5 directions or more (just the 4 basic directions is more for 2D). And please tell us what you know and understand about the Phrase 3D.

Personally, 5th gen's design are at is best combining innovative 3D AND ALWAYS staying as a 2D battle. Why?

-It has the pixel sprite and 2D structures of Generation 1, 2, and 3.
    -It has the animations from 4th Generation and coloring
    -It flavors itself a fair bit with 3D from Pokemon Spinoff games (3D wise games like: Pokepark series, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon Coliseum and XD: Gale of Darkness)

I don't know. Maybe your concerned about the in game environment looking slightly like an open world. Ad if you still need to know more of it, play like the 3DS version of The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Tme
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Hell yeah !!!

For me personally, HG/SS was the pinnacle of style and B/W felt like a downgrade. I guess this is because b/w should have been 3ds games if they wanted to go for this 3d effect. Looks quite poorly done in many places due to technical limitations of the console. I'm happy with the 3D battles, just the 3d on the field looks poor.

I like the look of it, although they seemed to be a bit too...self indulgent about it. For instance, just look at all the camera angles they used whenever you went on a bridge. Or rather, the Bridges of Camera Angles, as I and some friends joke. Besides that I don't think it has stopped it feeling 'like a Pokemon game'. That's different to how the game looks (heck, Colo/XD feels like Pokemon and that has 3D MODELS GASP).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I actually disliked the gen IV style, it was just a crappier version of what we got in this gen. (which is only logical seeing as they came first)
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Graphs is not that good in BW2 as previous versions.
    N3DS - 0216-0813-5548 B&W2 - 0519-5144-9531

Follow me on twitter @slkry Contributed by slkry.com

Friend Safari - Bug : Pinsir Illumise Ledyba

I absolutely hate every single DS version's pixelated buildings and environments. They look like cardboard, and I certainly hope that the transition to the 3DS changes this.

If they didn't keep upgrading the graphics level, they would lose a lot of younger players who didn't play it before Gen IV and V.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

They are just so different. I honestly find the Gen 4 graphics easier on my eyes. I don't know why, Gen 5's graphics are beautiful and incredibly innovative, but I get headaches much more easily playing B/W/B2/W2 than I do playing D/P/Pt/Hg/SS. Plus, as others have mentioned, Gen 5's battle sprites are horribly pixelated. They are just...not what they could be. It honestly irritates me to have this beautiful game and have battle sprites look the way they do. I love their animations, but they just look lazily done. I do honestly prefer Gen 4 style graphics. To me they just look...better. I love Gen 5, and like I said, it is beautiful for what it is, I just don't like it as much. I think Soul Silver (and Heart Gold) was the most gorgeous Pokemon game I have ever played. Just my opinion.
    Edit: I also love the chibi style characters...I find the BW style of characters to be ugly. Especially when they move. Ew.
    Last edited by MallorylovesVulpix; 23rd October 2012 at 5:20 AM.
    My Shines (Gifts/GTS, some RE): -Lucky, -Pichu, -Raichu, - Vileplume, -Bellera, -Hunbro, -Entei, - Darunia, -Burning, -Mew, -Flybea, - Azumarill, -Weavile, -Arceus, - Blaxorus, -Janine, -Swampert, -O'kee, -Purple, -Suicune, -Raikou, -Furret, -Blupo, -Charming (first random encounter on Black), -Blingblang, -Tempos, -Whiscash, -Rueben and Rubri, -Goragal, -Starmie, -Porygon-Z, -Athena, -Jim Bo, -Pinkeye (first ever shiny encounter on Emerald).

wait what? go back to GenIV style? why not make genVI for GBC...

They should improve the games, not go backwards.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

I don't mind the new style, but some of the animations/transitions (e.g. entering a door) are way too slow, and mess up the flow of the game.
    3DS FC : 2020-0494-0652 [Y]
    Friend Safari : ;662;

Depends, some stuff from this new gen is cool such as the perspective, but I also like some of the 4th gen animations and graphics, for example the ball graphic when ur catching a pokemon.
    <--- My Tumblr ♥ ~ (Thanks Mega Weavile)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    A Zinedine Zidane Pokemon would be awesome, although his only known move will probably be headbutt though.

I really like the new style I like the blockiness or Gen III too but I think at the moment the graphics are heading in the right direction.
    Friend Code X/Y: 5413-0119-2660
    IGN: Ryan
    Friend Safari: (ROCK)
    Check out my Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/RyIsBored
    Mega Wishlist:

I think adding more of a plot was a good idea. It gives the game more direction and it is nice to have all these side characters to battle or battle with.

I think if they just go back to throwing us out there they need to turn this game into an MMO. I think that would be pretty neat.

Places like Castelia City are unlike anything I've seen in pokémon, and when you go back and play previous games you realize how much has really changed. The only thing they need to work on are the sprites. Idk much about sprites but can they just make it less...notable?
    Pokémon Diamond Team

Pokémon HeartGold Team

Pokémon White Team

Pokémon White 2 Team

Overall, the new style is cool - nice touches between BW and BW2 that i've noticed so far are a noticeable increase in quality of the battle location indicators during battle, animated trainer sprites are nifty and the C-Gear looks a lot better than it used to. Though given that I got stuck with the Munna skin on White, that didn't really take much to make it better.

Still, I do miss many a feature from Gen IV. Overworld Pokemon following, not having to hold down B to sprint all the time. Minor things really, but I feel that after the big fuss they made introducing the overworld Pokemon sprites and the following system, it seemed a massive dissapointment not to bring it back for BW or BW2, especially since it was a really nice touch.

As I say though, overall, very satisfied.
    Pokemon Y
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 213 | Time: 20:19

Pokemon X
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 208 | Time: 14:51

3DS Friend Code - 3024 - 6764 - 1919
    Friend Safari: Bug - Ledyba, Volbeat, Pinsir

A bit off subject but the developers NEED to jack Pidgeot family up a bit...holy crap! Mine is at level 81, every stat but attack seemed to be maxed out and yet it is still inferior to the other five.

And if that isn't bad enough, the best moves Pidgeot could learn don't even have 100% accuracy and they tend to miss on the most crucial moments (and even at ridiculous moments like now...fly missed on a level 4 Purrloin).
    MY TEAM AS OF 2012

I like the new style and think it adds to the experience of the game in a positive way. I actually think that White 2 is the best Pokemon game yet out of the ones I've played.

I honestly think gen 6 will bring a large change as pokemon is going to shift to a new system, I suspect 3d models or high res moving sprites next gen. Also gen 5 was style > gen 4.

Heck I can't even looking HG/SS in the eye anymore due to B/W.
    Friend code: 4897 7047 8708

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast