Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

I think on this thread, we can continue our debates as to what the selected characters may be if pikachu ain't fixed
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

This looks awesome! I love the 3D graphics *hopes Pichu and Eevee can be a starters* If neither Pichu or Eevee can't be a starter/partner, I'll most likely be an Oshawott with a Snivy partner. I can't wait to see what the story is! Can't wait to get this!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPichu View Post
    This looks awesome! I love the 3D graphics *hopes Pichu and Eevee can be a starters* If neither Pichu or Eevee can't be a starter/partner, I'll most likely be an Oshawott with a Snivy partner. I can't wait to see what the story is! Can't wait to get this!
    They wouldn't have pichu and pikachu be starters >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I really love the graphics in these games. It's just too bad that the games are for the 3DS. I don't have one yet, and I don't plan on buying one for at least another year. I really want to play these games as soon as they're out, though. I guess I should start saving money.

Wow this looks amazing. I hope they don't have those gender-specific starters though.
    But seriously. Pokemon Mystery dungeon is one of my favorite pokemon games.

Here are my predictions for the Player/Partner options. I put 6 per region. Most are the same as the ones from PMD Sky but I added extras to the regions that have less than 6. Some I picked at random lol.

Spoiler:- Starters:

And yeah, I hope they don't pull the whole Gender-specific starters. Hopefully when selecting a partner, we can choose it's Gender. Also all playable Pokemon can be either Gender like Female Riolu or Male Eevee etc. Not all of the Natures have been used in the Quiz so yeah...
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 13th September 2012 at 8:51 PM.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Here are my predictions for the Player/Partner options. I put 6 per region. Most are the same as the ones from PMD Sky but I added extras to the regions that have less than 6. Some I picked at random lol.

And yeah, I hope they don't pull the whole Gender-specific starters. Hopefully when selecting a partner, we can choose it's Gender. Also all playable Pokemon can be either Gender like Female Riolu or Male Eevee etc. Not all of the Natures have been used in the Quiz so yeah...
    I don't think they have to balance it like that, in fact I think they'd probably put in slightly more 5th gen Pokemon since this is the first Mystery Dungeon title they'll be appearing in. I'd say it'll be more like this:

1st Gen:
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Pikachu
    Eevee

2nd Gen:
    Chikorita
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Phanpy

3rd Gen:
    Treeko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Skitty

4th Gen:
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Shinx
    Riolu

5th Gen:
    Snivy
    Tepig
    Oshawott
    Blitzle
    Zorua
    Axew
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Woo! So obvious Mystery Dungeon was obvious. I've never actually played one, but I'm excited for Pokemon transitioning to the 3DS. I want to see what they can do with the 3D graphics too. Mystery Dungeon's 2D animation is generally beautiful, but it wouldn't work as well.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I don't wanna be a Pikachu... And I really hope those aren't the only partners

Why are some people worried about Pikachu being a forced player? Have they done that before? I haven't played one of these since Blue, but I find it hard to believe they would limit it when I would assume so many love being able to play as different Pokemon.

I probably will end up buying this whenever it comes out in Canada, like I said, haven't played one since Blue(Never got around to buying the other ones), and I plan to get a 3DS anyways so why not.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 13th September 2012 at 10:59 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

OK, why are so many people immediately jumping to conclusions about there only being 5 starters?

When the first Mystery Dungeons were announced they didn't announce every starter. Why is everyone suddenly being so irrational about this?

i LOVED explorers of sky! it had an epic storyline, and i really hope that they have the personality test at the beginnging like the last ones. i really hope that they can top explorers sky, time and darkness. the only problem i see with the games so far is that i used to like the cute little sprites, and the 3D aspect is gonna take some getting used to. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post

Pretty Good List, but here's Mine...

Kanto
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Eevee
    Vulpix
    Meowth
    Pikachu

Johto
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Chikorita
    Phanpy
    Togepi

Hoenn
    Torchic
    Treeko
    Mudkip
    Skitty
    Ralts

Sinnoh
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Turtwig
    Shinx
    Riolu

Unova
    Tepig
    Snivy
    Oshawott
    Axew
    Litwick
    Zorua

I like this list, it brings back some old players, and adds in some that should of been from the start

And yea, I really dislike Pikachu >_>

I guess for me they'll have to really top the Music

Dialga's fight to the Finish and I don't want to say good-bye are hands down the best spin-off tracks IMO

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Wow! This might just persuade me to get 3DS! I was alright missing the Pokedex, but I couldn't bear to miss a PMD!
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

I really need to learn Japanese so I can actually read the damn pre-release screenshots....

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    OK, why are so many people immediately jumping to conclusions about there only being 5 starters?

When the first Mystery Dungeons were announced they didn't announce every starter. Why is everyone suddenly being so irrational about this?
    I don't really see enough people "jumping to conclusions"
    I do see how everyones doing a list of what they think can be starters.

Man, oh man, these games were what I was waiting for. I'm so excited for these games. I probably will be either Piplup with the partner as chimchar, or I might do it like how I do all my first playthroughs, which is stick with the starter I originally get just by taking the quiz. In blue I was treecko and in explorers of time I was Cyndaquil. I wonder what I will get this time.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Pspaans View Post
    But i really hope that there are more Hero/Partner Pokémon, If there are only 5, then, I don't think I buy the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    While I seriously am extremely excited for a new mystery dungeon, I am dissapointed about the extreme limitation to character selection. While I understand including pikachu and the most recent starters, why axew? And why just the 5 of them? May I remind everybody that its predecessor had more than 4x the possible playable characters?
    As well as plenty of people wondering out loud if these are the only 5 starters (Mostly in other threads, but the point stands).

I can perfectly understand why people would jump to conclusions. You can never be perfectly assured without confirmation when it comes to video games. What fans are seeing, is that there may only be 5 available Pokemon, as it's all that was shown in the scans. Without any information being given on whether there will be more starters, or if Pikachu truly is the only playable Pokemon, people're gonna freak out! It's what's to be expected.

Oh, and to hopefully assure those that are believing that Pikachu might be the only playable Pokemon: http://www.serebii.net/corocoro103.jpg
    You can see on one of the pictures, a Pignite traveling solo in a dungeon. No Pikachu to be seen. This could confirm that you are able to play as other Pokemon rather than just Pikachu. But who knows. *shrugs*

Even though most people will probably scroll right past my starters speculation, here goes (mostly 'cuz I'm bored and have nothing else better to do):

Gen I
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Pikachu
    Meowth
    Eevee
    Psyduck

Gen II
    Chikorita
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Elekid
    Magby
    Marill
    Tyrouge

Gen III
    Treecko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Skitty
    Ralts
    Electrike

Gen IV
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Riolu
    Munchlax
    Buneary
    Shinx
    Buizel

Gen V
    Snivy
    Tepig
    Oshawott
    Axew
    Zorua
    Drilbur
    Mienfoo
    Lillipup

...Hm, when I look at this, I can't help but think that it's a bit too large a roster... but hell, if we actually end up having this many playable Pokemon, I will not be disappointed. :P
    Last edited by ManhattanTheStarr; 14th September 2012 at 2:41 AM. Reason: thought I'd make some changes to the speculated starters

This'll be awesome. I'm still waiting for Black 2, and now I have to wait for this. It just gets better and better (not the waiting).

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    As well as plenty of people wondering out loud if these are the only 5 starters (Mostly in other threads, but the point stands).
    Well yea right now there seems to be a catch since this game seems just too good to be true. I wouldn't blame them.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    I can perfectly understand why people would jump to conclusions. You can never be perfectly assured without confirmation when it comes to video games. What fans are seeing, is that there may only be 5 available Pokemon, as it's all that was shown in the scans. Without any information being given on whether there will be more starters, or if Pikachu truly is the only playable Pokemon, people're gonna freak out! It's what's to be expected.

Even though most people will probably scroll right past my starters speculation, here goes (mostly 'cuz I'm bored and have nothing else better to do):

Gen I
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Pikachu
    Meowth
    Eevee
    Psyduck

Gen II
    Chikorita
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Elekid
    Magby
    Marill
    Tyrouge

Gen III
    Treecko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Skitty
    Ralts
    Electrike

Gen IV
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Riolu
    Munchlax
    Buneary
    Shinx
    Buizel

Gen V
    Snivy
    Tepig
    Oshawott
    Axew
    Zorua
    Drilbur
    Mienfoo
    Lillipup

...Hm, when I look at this, I can't help but think that it's a bit too large a roster... but hell, if we actually end up having this many playable Pokemon, I will not be disappointed. :P
    I do agree with you on the most part, but why Lillipup and Drillbur? Litwick is a better choice IMO, but seriously, Lillipup? That's technically a Com Mon, and we've never played as them before... (Shinx isn't, it just isn't)

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    I do agree with you on the most part, but why Lillipup and Drillbur? Litwick is a better choice IMO, but seriously, Lillipup? That's technically a Com Mon, and we've never played as them before... (Shinx isn't, it just isn't)
    Haha, and why Phanpy? Drilbur is pretty much just that random playable Ground-type. Like Cubone was in BRT/RRT and Phanpy in EoS. And Lillipup for its simplicity. Just a plain ol' playable Normal-type. Like Meowth and Eevee. Though maybe Minccino would be a better choice for the Normal-type... hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Can't freaking wait. I spent so much time on explorers of time.
    Same. I remember pretending to be Impish in the beginning test just so I could be a Piplup, and loving the game every second after.

This game looks great, too, though I wish there were more choices for pokemon to be.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

I can't wait for this! Been waiting for such a long time for a new PMD game! I love that they are moving things to 3D too (maybe the overworld in the main series will do the same with Generation VI on the 3DS?). I highly doubt the partners we know of now are the only ones. I do hope we can be a hero that doesn't have to be just Pikachu though!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'Dude View Post
    Is it confirmed that you can only play as Pikachu or will it be like past installments where you could be a variety?
    Err, out of curiosity, why are people thinking this?

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I hope we can evolve before beating the game this time.
    I agree. Just have use evolve when we get to the right level/have the right item.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    I don't understand it at all. Since when do games revel everything the first time their showcased?
    No sig. Deal with it.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast