Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

I am stoked for this. Just sayin'.

being dreams, we can justify anything. also, the scenary in while in the dugeon looks beautiful comparitive to what it always has kind of looked like.

but just to keep up with this, my original reaction was "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS." I repeated that line 20 times before I posted something about it. XDD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Let's see, will this game be called

PMD:MIL or PMD3?

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightfall
    There will be one, Nintendo isn't about to let Mystery Dungeo die. It has arguably one of the biggest fanbases of any of the Pokemon spinoffs, and brings in a good bit of publicity and revenue. Two things that makes a game series good.

Yes, the next Mystery Dungeon game will be here, most likely after the hype for Black 2 and White 2 dies down. It's probably already in development, or at the very least planning stage.
    This stuff takes time, I mean they have to come up with a plot (one with meaning, a few major twists, and an emotional ending) which is a feat in itself, then comes the actual game and software development and coding (not to mention all the work that goes into creating the dungeons themselves, I mean no two dungeon maps are exactly alike, that takes effort), and than come the goodies like the WiFi connections among other things they have to add to the game.

So yeah, that's my bit of rambling. The sum of that big wall of text is: they are probably working on it, it'll take some time.

There will be another one, mark my words.

Knightfall signing off...
    I posted that on May 20th. I was right.

I wonder how the 3DS format will effect the traditional dungeon crawling experience or how the game play might be changed. I can tell you for sure that I'll be finding out as soon as it hits U.S shores.

PMD Gen V! It's finally here! Rejoice people of the world!

Knightfall signing off...

Maybe we'll have the Musketeer Trio and Keldeo for the main storyline and Keldeo helps you in the final battle against Kyurem? I'd like to see something like that.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

YAY!

I like the new art and market map, it just looks more natural.

I hope there are a few more starter choices. It would be totally awesome if they ever let you pick any first evolution pokemon to play, then (almost) everyone would be happy, but I know there's no way that's going to happen.

It looks like the m-gate photos are all round things (clock, coin, plate, bald guy's head), and there's the circle on screen, so there must be some story/reasoning behind that.
    Problematic Paranormal Files

The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: The Little Mermaid was the last Disney animation with hand painted cels.

I did that high pitched barely audible squeal of joy when I saw this and couldn't wait to tell everyone about it. I am super hyped for this game and I speculate a late spring to early summer release.

Credit to Brutaka for the amazing banner and user bar. Yeah, having 2 is redundant, but it shows you guys my favorite pokemon, what story I had planned and my position in the WoJ.

Time, there's never enough of it but it's always there to waste.
    -Azurus

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Here are my predictions for the Player/Partner options. I put 6 per region. Most are the same as the ones from PMD Sky but I added extras to the regions that have less than 6. Some I picked at random lol.

Spoiler:- Starters:

And yeah, I hope they don't pull the whole Gender-specific starters. Hopefully when selecting a partner, we can choose it's Gender. Also all playable Pokemon can be either Gender like Female Riolu or Male Eevee etc. Not all of the Natures have been used in the Quiz so yeah...
    Looks good. He are my predictions.

Kanto
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Pikachu
    Vulpix
    Cubone (they seriously need to bring this back from RB)

Johto
    Chikorita
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Phanpy
    Mareep (why not?)

Hoenn
    Treecko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Gulpin
    Spoink

Sinnoh
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Shinx
    Riolu
    Cherubi

Unova
    Snivy
    Tepig
    Oshawott
    Munna
    Zorua
    Axew
    Cubchoo
    Sandile
    Blitzle
    Minccino

Partners
    Munchlax
    Buneary
    Meowth
    Purrloin
    Last edited by dirkac; 14th September 2012 at 8:18 AM.

I'm really excited for this game, I have been waiting for it since BW came out. The only thing that worries me is the graphical change, I know it's like that to suit the 3D effect, and I know change is necassery for a game to evolve, it's just that I always liked the old graphics and animations. I'll give it a try as I love the PMD series, and I hope I end up loving this aswell.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I hope we can evolve before beating the game this time.
    Actually, I would prefer otherwise. Evolution represents a large milestone in the Player's life, the transition from being a human in a Pokemon's body to being a full-fledged 'Mon, so forcing the choice of evolution too early on in the game would diminish the significance of that theme.

Pretty sure the main reason they didn't let you evolve during the story in the previous games was because it would mean having to create a whole new set of character portraits for their evolved forms, since your hero and partner need to be able to show their expressions and what not.

Now that the game is in 3D, I presume they'll be relying more on animations to get emotions across.

I still saw the emotion portraits in the screens, like Axew had a shocked expression but his Overworld Sprite wasn't reacting.

I can picture some pokemon's emotion portraits... Like Togepi and Litwick....

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml# Top right corner of the Second Scan
    Last edited by Lost™; 14th September 2012 at 2:24 PM.

Credit to EG for Banner.

That's actually true, I think. If you use a replay or similar device to evolve you or your partner before completing the storyline, the expression portraits don't appear.

Black/White relied a lot more on animations than it's predecessors, so hopefully we'll be seeing some of that in PMD3. However, they're made by two entirely separate devolopers, if I'm not horribly mistaken.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

I'm so excited for the new PMD! luckly I have a 3DS I wouldn't mind if you can only be pikachu I love raichu.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    I don't understand it at all. Since when do games revel everything the first time their showcased?
    That's just it. There's nothing to understand about it. The fans know that not all info will be revealed about a game before it's released, but they'll still have their negative thoughts and speculations as to what's going to happen because there are no confirmed, straight up facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    That's just it. There's nothing to understand about it. The fans know that not all info will be revealed about a game before it's released, but they'll still have their negative thoughts and speculations as to what's going to happen because there are no confirmed, straight up facts.
    And since Chunsoft isn't making this, well speculated to not be making this... I hope they don't pull a Nintendo E3 2012 on us with this.
    Last edited by Lost™; 14th September 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Chunsoft's not making this? Oh lordy, more like I hope they don't pull a Mario Party 9 on us...

Speculated. Key word there.

On the page for the game on the main site, it has the developer still listed as Chunsoft. So, I guess nothing's certain.

Knightfall signing off ...

Why exactly wouldn't chunsoft be working on this? I mean, they are working on 3DS titles so why not. But if they aren't, who is working on it?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Only a PMD game could get me to stop being the vanishing act master I am and reappearing on Serebii.
    ~~~~~~

I decided to read up on reviews of the past games (IGN being an untrustworthy reviewing source as per usual =P) and I've noticed that the only consistent complaint is the lack of polish, if you will, on the controls.

While looking at the screen shots Serebii has up (thanks for those btw), I've noticed that, unlike previous games, we actually get ALL FOUR of our moves mapped to separate buttons this time (A, B, Y, and X)!! I'm pretty excited for this game's release, I just hope it can live up to the legacy of the first two games (let's not talk about PMD wiiware).

edit: rightright, this is the picture I was referring to: http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/cave8.jpg

It was mentioned that they were preoccupied with other projects at the time, and that a PMD title shouldn't be expected this gen.

I'm hoping they decided to surprise us.

Well, from what I've seen judging by the trailer... it doesn't look like we'll have any other playable Pokemon except Pikachu, the Unova starters, and Axew. I really hope that isn't going to be our only options for starters in this game, or I'll be very disappointed... But REGARDLESS of that, this game is looking pretty sweet. Loving the new graphics. They truly make the gameplay pop.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    Well, from what I've seen judging by the trailer... it doesn't look like we'll have any other playable Pokemon except Pikachu, the Unova starters, and Axew. I really hope that isn't going to be our only options for starters in this game, or I'll be very disappointed... But REGARDLESS of that, this game is looking pretty sweet. Loving the new graphics. They truly make the gameplay pop.
    Nah, I still feel like they will reveal new pokemon each month.

But it does look really good! Loving the art style. I was literally freaking out when the trailer was showing all of the returning features.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but has chunsoft been confirmed yet?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Nah, I still feel like they will reveal new pokemon each month.

But it does look really good! Loving the art style. I was literally freaking out when the trailer was showing all of the returning features.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but has chunsoft been confirmed yet?
    Yes, they have. Look at the bottom of their official site. Speaking of which:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/dungeon_magnagate/
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 15th September 2012 at 4:26 AM.

They really are not trying to hide the legendaries are they? I saw three in that one trailer. Luckily for me they are all some of my favorites.

It also looks like in this game we will be going back to owning our own house like in the first games. But I could be wrong.

I was worried about the transition from 2D to 3D, but I was wrong. The game actually looks very good with 3D models.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast