Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

YES! I was kinda hoping the new game would be main series or side-series(like Colosseum), But with these graphics, who gives a crap, it's an awesome looking 3DS game!

Do not doubt the Cloyster Clan.

Yeah. So much to look forward to!
    B2W2! Dream Radar! And now also a new PMD!
    Right now, I'm in the Hall of Origin...

Quote Originally Posted by shiny charizard master

I decided to read up on reviews of the past games (IGN being an untrustworthy reviewing source as per usual =P) and I've noticed that the only consistent complaint is the lack of polish, if you will, on the controls.

While looking at the screen shots Serebii has up (thanks for those btw), I've noticed that, unlike previous games, we actually get ALL FOUR of our moves mapped to separate buttons this time (A, B, Y, and X)!!

edit: rightright, this is the picture I was referring to: http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/cave8.jpg
    I wouldn't like that unless you mean you have to hold R as well in which case that is fine.
    Last edited by Azurus; 15th September 2012 at 7:39 AM.

Credit to Brutaka for the amazing banner and user bar. Yeah, having 2 is redundant, but it shows you guys my favorite pokemon, what story I had planned and my position in the WoJ.

Time, there's never enough of it but it's always there to waste.
    -Azurus

this is the picture I was referring to: http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/cave8.jpg
    Somehow, that picture just gave me an immense hope and belief that this game will not fail. Not sure why.

Do not doubt the Cloyster Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by shiny charizard master View Post
    Only a PMD game could get me to stop being the vanishing act master I am and reappearing on Serebii.
    ~~~~~~

I decided to read up on reviews of the past games (IGN being an untrustworthy reviewing source as per usual =P) and I've noticed that the only consistent complaint is the lack of polish, if you will, on the controls.

While looking at the screen shots Serebii has up (thanks for those btw), I've noticed that, unlike previous games, we actually get ALL FOUR of our moves mapped to separate buttons this time (A, B, Y, and X)!! I'm pretty excited for this game's release, I just hope it can live up to the legacy of the first two games (let's not talk about PMD wiiware).

edit: rightright, this is the picture I was referring to: http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/cave8.jpg
    I wasn't even aware you still existed. o.O
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Something is wrong here. The partner select usually comes after you get your main pokemon through the quiz. So why does this game's partner select show pikachu, snivy, axew, oshawott, and tepig? See the problem? The partner list should be missing at least one pokemon.

For example, say you get pikachu through the quiz. Pikachu should now be removed from the list. Unless we can pick a pokemon of the same species which wouldn't make sense.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

This game looks amazing, not a huge fan of MD, first one was good, but after that they started to become boring, but this one looks fantastic, I'll be purchasing it.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Looks good. He are my predictions.

Kanto
    Bulbasaur (Calm)
    Charmander (Hardy)
    Squirtle (Rash)
    Pikachu (Brave)
    Vulpix (Female only) (Relaxed)
    Cubone (they seriously need to bring this back from RB) (Male only, starter only) (Lonely)
    Eevee (Female only) (Naďve)

Johto
    Chikorita (Docile)
    Cyndaquil (Lonely)
    Totodile (Rash)
    Phanpy (Male only) (Relaxed)
    Mareep (why not?) (Female only) (Mild)

Hoenn
    Treecko (Adamant)
    Torchic (Sassy)
    Mudkip (Gentle)
    Gulpin (Male only) (Mild)
    Spoink (Timid)
    Trapinch (Male only) (Bashful)
    Skitty (Female only) (Quirky)
    Ralts
    (Female only, starter only) (Timid)

Sinnoh
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Shinx (Male only)
    Riolu (Male only)
    Cherubi (Female only)
    Drifloon (Starter only)

Unova
    Snivy
    Tepig
    Oshawott
    Munna (Female only) (Lonely)
    Zorua (Male only) (Quirky)
    Axew
    Cubchoo (Male only)
    Sandile
    Blitzle
    Minccino

Partners
    Munchlax
    Buneary
    Meowth
    Purrloin
    I updated some pokes in, and did some natures. I'll add later.

I absolutely adore the Mystery Dungeon games. They are in my opinion the best games ever, of all time. I love the story, and I love being a Pokemon, and I love all of the gameplay aspects to the game. So a third instalment, AND one with brilliant looking graphics? Hell ****ing yes.

It seems form the video that at at least one stage, you can have your group of Pokemon all at once. I may be wrong and that may just be guild members or town members but yeah.

In addition, to those who are worried about there only being Pikachu, I am certain that you can be other Pokemon. For when they say which Pokemon will be appearing, when they announce Tepig, they show this.
    http://www.iaza.com/work/120916C/iaza13221376961200.png
    Now that looks pretty much certainly to me like the player as a Tepig. Pikachu is not present in the picture. And the camera is focused on Tepig. Whether or not this is after the maingame, I don't know. But you can definitely be different Pokemon in some way than just PIkachu.

Now we should speculate about the story. According to IGN's top 100 RPG's, Black and White ranked up to #35 due to the leap of improvement and importantly, the deepest and darkest and edgiest story in the franchises history. Let's see if this game can match or out perform Black and White / Black and White 2 in the story category.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

as long as we can still recruit pokemon from dungeons......i'm happy!

I've been a huge fan of the mystery dungeon games, especially time/darkness/sky and I am definitely excited for this! I just wish there was better selection for starters than just Pikachu, Axew and the 5th gen starters :S It kind of makes me nervous about whether they are including all existing pokemon in the game or just a portion of them. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I updated some pokes in, and did some natures. I'll add later.
    Eeeh, at this point, I'm sure we can mark Zorua out in possible starter Pokemon. As there's already been a video showing a Zorua being recruited in a dungeon.

...And why male only? Gender specific starters're what screwed with the replay value in RRT/BRT and EoS. Not having as many options for playable Pokemon because of your gender? Not cool. Especially considering the fact that so far, all available starters have been able to be male as well as female in the main series. And honestly, if anything, you'd think Zorua would be a female only exclusive. :P

I absolutly love the graphics in this game. Also love that you can have axew and zorua as a partner =D

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

i just saw the new trailer for the game, and it looks really awesome. and i agreee with the last posts, i hate how some pokemon in explorers of sky are gender specific, like, i'm a girl, and if i want to be a shinx, they won't let me. and if i want to be a riolu, they won't let me. I hope it's somewhat different in this new game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    Eeeh, at this point, I'm sure we can mark Zorua out in possible starter Pokemon. As there's already been a video showing a Zorua being recruited in a dungeon.
    Starter Pokemon are recruitable in other areas of the game. That says it's unlikely, but not impossible. And also keep in mind that it may be a partner but not a starter.

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed that the video is hinting that there's only 5 starters and no personality test. It made the game feel more personalized that way. I'm thinking if the 5 starter thing is true, I'll go for either Snivy or Axew. The rest of the game looks good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCombusken View Post
    It seems form the video that at at least one stage, you can have your group of Pokemon all at once. I may be wrong and that may just be guild members or town members but yeah.
    I think those are just guild members. You wouldn't even be able to have that many Pokemon out normally, it wouldn't make sense to keep track of that many Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCombusken View Post
    In addition, to those who are worried about there only being Pikachu, I am certain that you can be other Pokemon. For when they say which Pokemon will be appearing, when they announce Tepig, they show this.
    http://www.iaza.com/work/120916C/iaza13221376961200.png
    Now that looks pretty much certainly to me like the player as a Tepig. Pikachu is not present in the picture. And the camera is focused on Tepig. Whether or not this is after the maingame, I don't know. But you can definitely be different Pokemon in some way than just PIkachu.
    Remember that one menu selection screen where it shows Pikachu, the 5th gen starters, and Axew? That looks like a starter selection screen. So it seems that those will be the starters and no personality test. But I could be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Now we should speculate about the story. According to IGN's top 100 RPG's, Black and White ranked up to #35 due to the leap of improvement and importantly, the deepest and darkest and edgiest story in the franchises history. Let's see if this game can match or out perform Black and White / Black and White 2 in the story category.
    Well here's what I can gather from the trailer. Kyurem seems to have a major part in it and I assume his forms will be showcased, which means Reshiram and Zekrom would need to appear (they'll probably be important too). Virizion seems to be the guildmaster, so Terrakion, Cobalion, and maybe Keldeo will likely appear and have a major role. The guild seems to consist of you and your partner, Espeon and Umbreon, Virizion, Gurdurr, two Timburrs, Dunsparce, Emolga, Quagsire, and Scraggy. Hydreigon also appears to be a villain or boss. One scene shows them overlooking a giant ice city or something, probably Kyurem's lair. That's about it. My guess is that if Reshiram and Zekrom will appear, there's going to be a major truth vs. ideals theme in the storyline. Kyurem will probably be a neutral party being fought over. Each of the Musketeer trio is likely to have established separate guilds for training rescue teams (which would explain Terrakion and Cobalion's absence). Virizion's relationship with his partners will probably be explored.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th September 2012 at 8:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Errr, on serebii's homepage it says that we have to take a picture of ourselves to get our partner chosen for us. I take it he means the main character because we have always been able to pick our partner. Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about taking pictures. Does this mean I won't be able to manipulate it to get the pokemon I want?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Omg, Oshawott looks adorable in these games! It's a shame I won't be able to get them, but the graphics look amazing. I got so used to the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games that I didn't think the graphics would change this drastically. I look forward to seeing more screenshots and learning more about the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Errr, on serebii's homepage it says that we have to take a picture of ourselves to get our partner chosen for us. I take it he means the main character because we have always been able to pick our partner. Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about taking pictures. Does this mean I won't be able to manipulate it to get the pokemon I want?
    So it does. Good eye diakyu. That makes me wonder what that "starter selection" screen really is then. Will they give us a limited range of options after we use the camera, or do we pick the our partner from those five? I'd like to know more on how this works and if there are more starter options.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Just take pictures of random stuff until you get the Pokemon you want.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Poor choice of words. My apologies. Fixed

http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/pics.shtml

Full-sized images there

Of course it's on the 3DS, and I don't have the money for one >_>.

But hau-au, that looks good! Yeah, there were questions (and I guess rumors) floating around about a new game, and I had questioned it myself. I loved the second game for its story, so I hope this one has a story just as dark as Explorers. I'm a bit excited, even though I'll be a late-arrival (again). Spent nearly 200 bucks on my DS Lite and SoulSilver together, it's going to cost more to do the same with this. Mrr...

Taking pictures of ourselves for our starter? Interesting... if I ever do get a 3DS, I'll have to remember to look my best for it, since it could mess up if I take the picture wrong.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

The trailer was interesting, makes me want it more. I wonder who is the bad guy in the game, I bet it'll be a Hydreigon.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    The trailer was interesting, makes me want it more. I wonder who is the bad guy in the game, I bet it'll be a Hydreigon.
    I think it's gonna be Kyurem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by TouyaBlack View Post
    I think it's gonna be Kyurem.
    Yea, Kyurem might be the final boss. Maybe it changes form during battle.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast