Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 1439

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Region
    Posts
    234

    Default

    I just seriously hope this one is like time,dungion and sky...lol...I can't say it enough
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    I'm kind of hoping they'll have an online leaderboard for the number of points accumulated and other things, considering that the 3DS is currently unhackable.

    Though if they do decide to do that, I hope they'll make doing things like taking escort missions into level 1 dungeons worth the effort.

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    594

    Default

    I, for one, am not much of a fan of this box art. Every other Mystery Dungeon game has always had an interesting use of Sugimori's artwork depicting a group of Pokemon discovering a chest or even exploring a (supposed) dungeon. This one is just a bunch of Pokemon slapped on a (somewhat) colorful background. Of course the box art is nothing to be concerned about, but considering that it's the most recent MD news, I might as well express my thoughts on it, right? :P

    I'm also becoming even more discouraged on the possibility of more starters, as the box art shows just the 5 Pokemon we've known since the beginning. Combine that fact with the trailer only showing the same 5 Pokemon on the selection screen, and that pretty much confirms it. I still have a little hope, but it's dwindling at this point.

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    696

    Default We new styles of missions

    If theres one thing they can improve, it would be, well, give us new kinds of dungeon missions!

    here are the kinds of missions we got so far from the rescue team and explorers saga:

    -Rescue mission (basic mission as usual.)

    -Search for a Missing Pokemon mission. (Quite like Rescue missions. But ... most of these letters will lack details as to where it was. Just like a missing person case. I guess that some of these letters don't even tell who's the pokemon you'll rescue until you find the rescuee itself)

    -Find an Item mission (a bit challenging. Especially dungeons with water)

    -Delivery mission (quite a bit challenging if it's in a weathery place, like Quicksand cave, that does not corresponds to you client's type.)

    -Escort me to my love/friend/rival mission (one of the hardest yet most awe inspiring and rewarding missions. Why? your client may end dumb enough to ruin things for you.)

    -Treasure Hunt mission. (Like 'guide a pokemon mission' or 'escort me to my love/friend/rival mission', you will give this pokemon a tour to a Golden chamber where a rare item is contained in a box. Once you step to the stairs your client will leave satisfied. Sometimes its just lying somewhere on a specific dungeon floor. Pick it up and your client is happy.)

    -Guide a client mission (So hard that its like the escort mission. Its just most of the time, you can't tell when it will be satisfied to leave you behind on what floor. Especially dungeons that are having tons of floors)

    -Solo Outlaw Arrest mission (early tries and levels are just evil. But it tends to get easier. It just depend on the criminal needed to be arrested. Magnezone or magnemite will join with you as a client, which is unavoidable at certain missions)

    -Runaway Outlaw Arrest mission (OH NO! NOT THIS MISSION! Kill it fast! Ones' it enters the stairs, mission fail without the dungeon penalty. So, sigh. Try again later)

    -Monster House Outlaw mission (gosh I hate this one! The criminal calls for TONS of backup of the residing dungeon unless you go something like Discharge, Attack Order, Earthquake, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, or Vacuum Cut)

    -Team Boss Battle Challenge mission (Well that's just cruel. You will have to fight a certain group of pokemon to receive your worthiness for thy team's sake. Worth the shot. Otherwise, not a cakewalk. But the rewards are nice)

    -Legendary Pokemon Battle challenge mission (this one's self explanatory. Though I warn you in advance, all of them are found in very hard dungeons. Jirachi is the exception, yay!)
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    I, for one, am not much of a fan of this box art. Every other Mystery Dungeon game has always had an interesting use of Sugimori's artwork depicting a group of Pokemon discovering a chest or even exploring a (supposed) dungeon. This one is just a bunch of Pokemon slapped on a (somewhat) colorful background. Of course the box art is nothing to be concerned about, but considering that it's the most recent MD news, I might as well express my thoughts on it, right? :P

    I'm also becoming even more discouraged on the possibility of more starters, as the box art shows just the 5 Pokemon we've known since the beginning. Combine that fact with the trailer only showing the same 5 Pokemon on the selection screen, and that pretty much confirms it. I still have a little hope, but it's dwindling at this point.
    You said everything I've been thinking. Well done. I didn't like how they ended the tradition of the cool boxarts. This one reminds me more of the pokepark or whatever that game was called.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,161

    Default

    I don't believe Sugimori was the artist on the Mystery Dungeon covers guys.

    Anyway, larger box art


  7. #407
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Thanks Serebii.

    So, Pikachu, Tepig, and Axew have scarfs. While Snivy and Oshawott have bows. I would have thought Snivy would be the only one to have a bow.

    Maybe, you get a scarf or bow determining on the gender of your Hero Pokemon?

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Whispering Rock
    Posts
    1,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Maybe, you get a scarf or bow determining on the gender of your Hero Pokemon?
    I'm not sure if that's likely, but I do know that in the previous PMD titles, you received either a bow, badge or whatever the hell you took from the Exploration Kit.

    Sucks that I see no sign of Pawniard being playable in this game. T_T
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I don't believe Sugimori was the artist on the Mystery Dungeon covers guys.

    Anyway, larger box art

    Yea it reminds me of the pokepark cover. Maybe the same guys that made that cover made this one? That's maybe why it's not creative at all.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The U.S.A!
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I don't believe Sugimori was the artist on the Mystery Dungeon covers guys.

    Anyway, larger box art

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Yea it reminds me of the pokepark cover. Maybe the same guys that made that cover made this one? That's maybe why it's not creative at all.
    They did the cover this way to show of those ring things, from when you scan an item to unlock a dungeon, since its a fairly important new development for the series (or at least it appears to be). I don't think people would like the cover much if it showed pokemon being sucked/diving into a black hole.

    The Scarf/Bow thing is probably not directly related to much. I think it was just to have an alternating pattern. (scarf, bow, scarf, bow,scarf on the 5 starter/partners)

    The other pokemon are presumably important to the story, so they're on there too.

    I suppose the cover design was made to look more interesting and have more relevance to the characters of the game, since previous titles show seemingly a bunch of random pokemon. (My copy of PMD sky Didn't have a Charizard in it for a long time, and he was never part of my main team, yet he was on the cover. I never saw an Arbok, but I remember he was on the cover of one of the games)
    Am I supposed to say something here?

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Lol, it is a pattern. But, I would like if your Pokemon did wear a scarf/bow throughout the game. I never see them.

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Whispering Rock
    Posts
    1,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Lol, it is a pattern. But, I would like if your Pokemon did wear a scarf/bow throughout the game. I never see them.
    http://dsmedia.gamespy.com/ds/image/...04988_640w.jpg

    Just one of the screenshots in the game. But I do see what you're saying about the overworld design. You never do see them with scarfs or bows. They solely contribute on a stat (unless it says "radiating aura" or something like that)
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I don't believe Sugimori was the artist on the Mystery Dungeon covers guys.

    Anyway, larger box art

    I sense some Tron lines on this art. But I have to admit those rings have a possible story world value like the Time Gears shown in the explorers boxart. But I have to say the art is not so bad but could still be better
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I think they should make it so that when you equip an scarf/bow, it would actually show the pokémon wearing it in-game. Doubt they would do it, but it's a cool idea IMO

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcario97 View Post
    http://dsmedia.gamespy.com/ds/image/...04988_640w.jpg

    Just one of the screenshots in the game. But I do see what you're saying about the overworld design. You never do see them with scarfs or bows. They solely contribute on a stat (unless it says "radiating aura" or something like that)
    Yea, that's what I meant. The overworld sprites. I really want to see the scarfs and bows, since it's in 3D, we just might.

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default

    In the trailer, there was a Jolteon. It would be cruel of them to not include all Pokémon.

  17. #417
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josh352 View Post
    In the trailer, there was a Jolteon. It would be cruel of them to not include all Pokémon.
    I don't think all of them will be included since it's a spin off. But, I could be wrong. Also, I think it's good they showed Jolteon (maybe that's early in the game), usually we would encounter Eevee and its evolved forms after we beat the game.

  18. #418
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I don't think all of them will be included since it's a spin off. But, I could be wrong. Also, I think it's good they showed Jolteon (maybe that's early in the game), usually we would encounter Eevee and its evolved forms after we beat the game.
    Every single Dungeon game so far has had all the Pokémon in them

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Every single Dungeon game so far has had all the Pokémon in them
    Oh my. Big mistake I made there. I forgot, thanks Serebii.

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Just turn sideways, tilt your head up and smirk. Lol xD

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadarac View Post
    I suppose the cover design was made to look more interesting and have more relevance to the characters of the game, since previous titles show seemingly a bunch of random pokemon. (My copy of PMD sky Didn't have a Charizard in it for a long time, and he was never part of my main team, yet he was on the cover. I never saw an Arbok, but I remember he was on the cover of one of the games)
    Not to hate or anything... But Arbok was a member of Team AWD. Yeah, Charizard and Meganium were useless on the Sky art, they should've put Spinda or Wynaut, heck they could've used Scizor if they wanted to, they're all relevant to the story.

  22. #422
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Not to hate or anything... But Arbok was a member of Team AWD. Yeah, Charizard and Meganium were useless on the Sky art, they should've put Spinda or Wynaut, heck they could've used Scizor if they wanted to, they're all relevant to the story.
    Charizard and Meganium could've represented the starters you could get, along with Prinplup and Pikachu, but meh.

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrigon View Post
    Charizard and Meganium could've represented the starters you could get, along with Prinplup and Pikachu, but meh.
    Well, if they were gonna do starters, thwy could have at least done the srarters introduced in Sky.

  24. #424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    I'm also becoming even more discouraged on the possibility of more starters, as the box art shows just the 5 Pokemon we've known since the beginning. Combine that fact with the trailer only showing the same 5 Pokemon on the selection screen, and that pretty much confirms it. I still have a little hope, but it's dwindling at this point.
    Good point. I'm just really hoping Riolu will still be here, and if not... IDK. :/ I just don't want such limited options.

    Also, I'm wondering if you'll be able to choose the Pokemon's genders this time around. I'm not sure, but I may as well go back and check the color of the text boxes on the trailer.

  25. #425
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Whispering Rock
    Posts
    1,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve of the Apocolypse View Post
    Also, I'm wondering if you'll be able to choose the Pokemon's genders this time around. I'm not sure, but I may as well go back and check the color of the text boxes on the trailer.
    That's unlikely, as the personality test asks you if you're a boy or a girl. The result would end up either as a male or female pokemon, depending on what you chose for your gender. I don't think you'll be able to control that in this new game.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •