Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    DLC is Downloadable Content Yuuji. Yea, I have to agree with dirkac, it's a pain in the butt when we don't have good starters and then we have to pay for the best.
    Oh. That's what it is. Thanks Lit.

You guys are right, I wouldn't want to pay for new Starters. I do even pay for the things I have now.

Wait I thought the makers of pokemon were against DLC -.-

I think it's more Nintendo's decision.

And considering how well the Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC sold, it's safe to assume they'll be trying it for many more games in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Wait I thought the makers of pokemon were against DLC -.-
    GameFreak are. Chunsoft are not.

We'll not likely see paid DLC for main games. Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'd assume he wasn't just referring to the movement in the overworld, because that's not really a groundbreaking or unexpected change..
    That and there's instant diagonal movement now, rather than having to press a button or be precise in doing so

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Maybe they'll add the other starters in for paid DLC?
    That won't happen. Nintendo's policy is that DLC is to be an EXTRA. The game is to be complete without the DLC and any DLC is done after game development ends and is just an extra which also adds to it

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    GameFreak are. Chunsoft are not.

We'll not likely see paid DLC for main games. Relax

That and there's instant diagonal movement now, rather than having to press a button or be precise in doing so

That won't happen. Nintendo's policy is that DLC is to be an EXTRA. The game is to be complete without the DLC and any DLC is done after game development ends and is just an extra which also adds to it
    Alright Serebii im going to take your word. With DLC does that mean the wondermail passwords are gone? I mean in explorers of time/darkness, nintendo would give out special passwords to unlock dungeons to fight legendary Pokemon like Groudon.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Alright Serebii im going to take your word. With DLC does that mean the wondermail passwords are gone? I mean in explorers of time/darkness, nintendo would give out special passwords to unlock dungeons to fight legendary Pokemon like Groudon.
    We cannot answer that either way

Hm, I'm curious about starters. I'm sure there'll be more, but we know that Emolga won't be an option (since it's going to join your team and everything). Not that I was really hoping for it or anything.
    I think I'll wait before I say much more about this... once they reveal all the starters, I'll have more to talk about. Starters are important.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Indeed DLC wouldn't be something that I would hope for in terms of the starters. That's just more like a tease if anything.

I also hope news about the starters is released soon. The information about this game seems to be pretty "hush hush" at this point of time; however, I trust that Chunsoft would do a good job with it. However, the amount of starters available makes me worried. PokePark 2 was a fine example of that anyways...and so far it's just like it with just Axew included.
    Black Team:

Currently replaying Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver!

If they go back to letting you use other Pokemon in town once you finish the game, I think I could personally care less about the seeming lack of starters.

This sounds crazy, but i think pokemon get their hidden abilities when they have a high enough IQ (from gummis)
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    If they go back to letting you use other Pokemon in town once you finish the game, I think I could personally care less about the seeming lack of starters.
    I get what you mean. It's fun to run around with random Pokemon.
    But, to me at least, the starters are pretty important because the whole game revolves around them. Like, your weaknesses, moveset, etc. The diversity of starters gives it more replay value, and I personally think that that is one of the most important things in the mystery dungeon games. It also doesn't hurt when you can be a Pokemon you love design-wise, either.
    But that's just me.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Hey, can somebody please summarize the game for me? Is it true we take a picture of ourselves to pick our starter? Can we still recruit Pokemon from dungeons? What Starters and Partners can we even pick? I found out about it only yesterday. :/
    I'm awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    Hey, can somebody please summarize the game for me? Is it true we take a picture of ourselves to pick our starter? Can we still recruit Pokemon from dungeons? What Starters and Partners can we even pick? I found out about it only yesterday. :/
    All details are on the site

The Pokémon you are is determined through the camera. Starters & Partners are Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott and Axew. Yes you can still recruit Pokémon from dungeons else it'd be an incredibly dull game.

Looks like it's going to be released in Japan this month. I'm so excited, though i'm also worried at the same time, mostly about the duration of the game and story.

PMD1 and 2 both had a more or less long maingame, with a lot of post-game dungeons. The third one however, didn't really have much.

PMD1 and 2 both also had a really good story; especially the second one, but yet again, the third one had a really lacking story.

I'm 90% sure this fourth game won't have the same problems that the third one had, though.

Also, that we still only have a release date for japan also worries me a bit, but not that much.

Only 22 days till the release and let the countdown begin. Personally I don't mind the starters but would like more. I would really like the walk around town with any Pokémon! And they should go back to the original storage syste
    !

OMIGERD.

THIS YEAR.

STOP IT. STOP SPOILING US. T-THIS IS MADDENING.

Why do they insist on teasing us with these BEAUTIFUL quality aniamation shorts as trailers? ;______________;...

there's TWO 2 minute ones uploaded on the japanese pokemon youtube channel.
    I lol'd though because I watched the second preview first, and I thought pikachu was the human...XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r69hFgRXtbM

thats the first preview.

EDIT: also, if from what I can tell, you don't become a exploration team until a little ways into it...well, thats what I assume from the montage of explations and happy memories that pikachu cept talking about. XD
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 2nd November 2012 at 8:39 AM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I noticed the Pikachu in the trailer was female. Too bad they probably won't actually let you have a partner of a different gender ingame.

I'm also curious to see whether Hydreigon is showing up to bail you out or if it has its own bone to pick with you (Presumably the latter).
    Last edited by Rakurai; 2nd November 2012 at 10:06 AM.

I love those trailers, especially this one! :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXqo...hannel&list=UL

Seems like Virizion, Dunsparce, Espeon and Umbreon will be in your team vs Kyurem.

I'm pretty surprised on how limited the starters are, aspeccially considering the only two starters widely liked being Snivy and Axew (maybe the Pika too).

... Why did I tak myself into there being a third partner in the game halfway through, with a bigger selection?

They didn't exactly look like they were in any condition to be fighting.

I'm guessing that's probably one of the exposition segments where your character learns part of what their purpose for being in the world is, the fact that he/she is unaffected by whatever is weakening the other Pokemon surely being related to that.

Oh gosh forget that last comment of mine this is gonna be the best PMD ever

Okay seriously now, that one trailer got me SO hyped for the game, you don't even know. If Nintendo doesn't release this outside of japan, i'm gonna hurt someone.

So, the only starter and partner Pokémon are Pikachu, Axew, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott? That's very disappointing.

I hope there are more though. Maybe they're just keeping them a secret till the release?

Those trailer were so good. So pumped for this game.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Sometimes, secrets are meaent to be revealed when the time is right.

And seriously, if I were to ask a question, What would be Virizion's reason to lead a town? Did he like ... retire his position as a legendary pokemon guarding something important/hiding? same goes for victini?
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast