Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Can you choose your own gender in the game? How to see your gender?

You can choose the gender of your character and for the first time, your partner as well. However, it's like the original PMD in that genders have no effect on the actual gameplay, nor are they shown on any Pokemon.

I'm still kind of curious about whether or not your gender choice for your character and partner will affect the dialogue much, if at all, and it's for that reason I'm making my hero a female Snivy and my partner a male Axew.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 21st December 2012 at 2:56 AM.

I'm pretty P. Oed over how Hydreigon died.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 21st December 2012 at 2:23 PM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

You should probably spoiler tag that post...

I'm already annoyed at myself for accidentally spoiling some of the larger plot twists, and people aren't going to appreciate you blurting one of them out like that.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 21st December 2012 at 3:03 AM.

Release date announced! I was wondering how they'd shorten the super-long original subtitle...

"Gates to Infinity" eh? Not bad at all...

Now to keep away from spoilers...
    Last edited by 33Whimsicott33; 21st December 2012 at 7:26 AM.

So we finally get some info on the localization. Great, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    What if the reason they didn't have that many pokemon IMO was perhaps to save us from the inevitable 3ds Main Pokemon game. Or they're setting up a sequel..?
    Pretty much the main reason we get games like Mystery Dungeon and Ranger is to hold us off while they work on new games. I have no doubt that 6th gen is coming soon, but probably not too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    And the Ranger games were doing it before it was cool

Honestly...the PMD games have always been needlessly obnoxious when it comes to recruiting and using Pokemon.
    Cutting down is probably for the best
    I suppose, but I think they went a tad far with it in this game. First of all, I think every 5th gen Pokemon should've appeared and been recruitable. Also, I'm a bit disappointed that you can't recruit the mascot legendaries, I'd love to be able to tear through dungeons as Zekrom/Black Kyurem like a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Awesome to hear about the release date and US name! Comes out right in time for my birthday, so I shouldn't have to wait too long to play it!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEL*

Oh my gosh oh my gosh I'm so freaking happy ♥

If I get enough money from Christmas I'll be able to buy it when it comes out :'D

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Nice, Gates of Infinity? Can't wait! I might get it on launch, but I'd also like to get a Wii U with the birthday money I get (April 9th), so I don't want to buy too much stuff until then. Then again, I have like $175. We'll see.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

March!!! that will mean that it'll be out in Europe late April or early June I cant wait that long!!!!!!!!!!
    Why do I have a rain team? Because in Ireland It never stops Raining!

I NEED A TIMID TORNADRUS

Kanto team:
    Johto team:
    Hoenn team:
    Sinnoh team:
    Unova team:

Training:

Black 2 friend code: 3182 4021 0017

I offer Pokérus and Dream radar pokemon Pm me if you want 1.

I saw the intro and I think you can chose 1 if not the 2 pokemon at the start i kinda miss the test
    also I would like more pokemon to start with, Deino would be cool + he could have some bond or some thing with hydreigon
    Maybe we could have different outcomes by been given choices like it could have been     Spoiler:- Spoiler!!!:
    Why do I have a rain team? Because in Ireland It never stops Raining!

I NEED A TIMID TORNADRUS

Kanto team:
    Johto team:
    Hoenn team:
    Sinnoh team:
    Unova team:

Training:

Black 2 friend code: 3182 4021 0017

I offer Pokérus and Dream radar pokemon Pm me if you want 1.

You do actually get to make a choice that affects an event at one point.

And it's not one of those ones that just changes a few lines of dialogue and has things play out exactly the same after that, either.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 22nd December 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    You do actually get to make a choice that affects an event at one point.

And it's not one of those ones that just changes a few lines of dialogue and has things play out exactly the same after that, either.
    Really? Could you please put it in spoiler tags? I wanna know so baaaadddd XD

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Well, if you really want to know...

Spoiler:- MAJOR spoilers regarding both the ending and post-story plot.:
    Last edited by Rakurai; 23rd December 2012 at 3:10 AM.

Okay, thanks! That's really cool... then again, I'll probably be crying to much to even concentrate... Heheh... '^^

maybe now we can have a 5th gen pokemon ranger game......yes? please nintendo?

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    maybe now we can have a 5th gen pokemon ranger game......yes? please nintendo?
    For the foreseeable future, I can't see a 3d Ranger Game. It would be cool, but IMO it's run its course, at least for a good while. Although getting it in the latter half of 2013 could definitely work as it appears we have no mainstream game coming next year (for people outside of Japan). I wonder if the monster rooms or whatever they're called are returning. I had many a bad experience with them...

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Hmm... Everyone is talking about PMD Wiiware getting bad reviews, but I can't find a single review online anywhere. Can anyone link me one?

You know I'm wondering why they sent this one out, but they didn't do it for BSL. I think it stupid, I heard that they got rid of the test, because people didn't like it. I actually enjoyed the test! And I'm not buying a 3DS if it's going to be stupid. I love Time, Darkness, and Sky! I just hope thes are as good as them. And it seems they have their stories...plain lately. Don't get mad when I say this, but I didn't like the story line of Black and White nir Black and White 2.
    Clair Aragon

I've encountered Landorus like 5 times already, and i never managed to recruit it, omg. This is so hard. How did you even recruit him Serebii, or Coronis? The Password Item to recruit Ground Type isn't even helping me a bit -__- (I've gave it to the Pokemon i'm defeating Landorus with, and it still doesn't recruit!)

Ridiculously low recruit rates aren't exactly a new thing for the series.

I do kind of wonder how effective the Friend Ribbon is in this game compared to the Pokemon/type specific recruitment items, considering how difficult it is to get.

Serebii states it would be best if you used Flying Gift to easier recruit Landorus, but the problem is: There was no password for Flying Gift revealed yet! >.<

There isn't a single item in the game that's only available through those passwords.

The various type specific gifts show up as random mission rewards, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    There isn't a single item in the game that's only available through those passwords.

The various type specific gifts show up as random mission rewards, for instance.
    They also are given through team rank-ups
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Okay guys! On the first day of 2013, i've FINALLY managed to recruit Landorus! I just realized that you only have to use the Ground Gift while facing Landorus, before (Like 10+ times when i encountered him), i've threw the item at him and wondered why it didn't work XD.

Now with Landorus, the game seems really easier!

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast