Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

It falls under extra data, so it can be imported to either one. My friend had the style savvy demo and was able to import her clothes to the retail game.

I haven't played a PMD series since Blue rescue team. I really quite like the feel of the game and was a nice distraction for a few months. Just really debating on spending the money on this one for now. I may just wait until I hear some more reviews and the price drops a little. (Wishful thinking)

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

In that case, I guess I'll fill out my TM collection as much as possible using the Magnagate dungeons before the full release.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinni View Post
    I haven't played a PMD series since Blue rescue team. I really quite like the feel of the game and was a nice distraction for a few months. Just really debating on spending the money on this one for now. I may just wait until I hear some more reviews and the price drops a little. (Wishful thinking)
    Reviews in NA for PMD tend to be completely rigged. I highly recommend checking Gonintendo or metacritic's user ratings when the game comes out instead.

When is the demo for this supposed to come out?

Get the demo now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that you'll only be able to carry over your save data from the demo if you're playing the download version of the game, not the cartridge version?
    Just downloaded and started the demo, and it states "You'll be able to use the saved data from the demo version in the full version, too", so yes, you are correct

EDIT: I just played through the demo, and though it was a bit weird at first because of the 3D dungeons, I fell in love with the gameplay. My birthday is right before the game's release, so I might just ask to get it for a gift.
    Last edited by Iris Mist; 7th March 2013 at 10:49 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Played the demo and it is really fun.

I do plan on transferring the demo file to the full game when I get it, so when I do that, would I be able to delete the demo?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Playing the demo right now, and it's pretty fun. But I don't think I'll be picking up this one due to the lack of starters. Call me picky, but it's just not as enjoyable for me if I can't play as a Pokemon I actually like. =/ Also, this game's soundtrack is really great, though this is a Mystery Dungeon game. They always have astounding music.
    Last edited by ManhattanTheStarr; 7th March 2013 at 11:49 PM.

The demo certainly lived up to my expectations.

The shift to 3D added a lot of life to to the characters and really improves the storytelling.

The demo certainly lived up to my expectations.

The shift to 3D added a lot of life to to the characters and really improves the storytelling.
    It's a shame that the text is too slow for my tastes.
    It makes the cutscenes crawwwwwwwwwwwl by.

Something odd I noticed is that you can't pick the gender of your hero OR your partner, unlike in the Japanese demo. I wonder why that's the case...

Also, is the whole thing about moves gaining EXP introduced later in the story like the team attacks are?
    Last edited by Rakurai; 8th March 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Something odd I noticed is that you can't pick the gender of your hero OR your partner, unlike in the Japanese demo. I wonder why that's the case...

Also, is the whole thing about moves gaining EXP introduced later in the story like the team attacks are?
    yeah i noticed that too...weird...anyway did anybody try the magnagates? and if so what pokemon did you play as? I keep getting pikachu, and with the moves it has...it's pretty bad.
    Friends are family you choose

Pikachu indeed has a pretty terrible moveset, having only one attacking move, two stat lowering moves, and one status move. Stat reducers are pretty worthless outside of boss fights, since everything else gets KO'd too quickly for them to matter much (Stat boosters, on the other hand, are excellent anywhere).

It's a little better as a hero or partner, thanks to egg moves it has, though, plus it's the only one of them that learns a full room attack naturally (Though those aren't quite as useful anymore thanks to team attacks giving all Pokemon a full room option that can used in a pinch).

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    Playing the demo right now, and it's pretty fun. But I don't think I'll be picking up this one due to the lack of starters. Call me picky, but it's just not as enjoyable for me if I can't play as a Pokemon I actually like. =/ Also, this game's soundtrack is really great, though this is a Mystery Dungeon game. They always have astounding music.
    I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of starters myself, but the story and gameplay do make up for that. At least Axew is my favorite pokemon, so it made that choice easier.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's a shame that the text is too slow for my tastes.
    It makes the cutscenes crawwwwwwwwwwwl by.
    I have to agree with you on that. I felt like I was going to fall asleep at every cutscene.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Played the demo, it was slightly better than I expected, but probably not as great as Time/Darkness/Sky. I ended up choosing Snivy as my hero and Axew as my partner (which is going to be hell when I go to fight Kyurem, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it). Here's bascially what I liked and didn't like:

Like:
    -How Ragged Mountain had an overworld section in addition to some Mystery Dungeon sections. It really brings life to those areas. Are the any others like this as well?
    -The Magnagate feature. It's good for side missions and has a lot of potential (especially if they can find a way to integrate this into some sort of simultaneous play option with your friends).

Dislike:
    -Too much dialogue in the beginning. I didn't really notice the slow text speed as much, but boy was there too much dialogue in the beginning. I mean, get on with it, I want to explore some Mystery Dungeons already!
    -The map screen. It's too blurry and a bit hard to read at first.
    -Having to use an unused starter for the Magnagates.

Anyway, I'll definitely be picking up the full game when I get the money (although I may rethink my choice of starters).
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 8th March 2013 at 2:51 AM.

Yeah... I don't get it. I REALLY wanted my oshawott to be female and my snivy to be male... But they are both genderless! In fact, EVERY POKEMON in the demo has no gender... Not even enemy pokemon.

I loved this demo a lot, and I am buying this no matter what. I actually liked the slow text, it made the cutscenes give more emphasis. I'm sure you can speed it up in the full version.

But I swear, if we can't pick our partner or player's gender, I'll be SO mad!!!
    Last edited by hawkmbl; 8th March 2013 at 3:14 AM.

It's been a known fact that genders are absent in the actual gameplay, but them removing the last traces of it from the US release just seems like an odd design choice.

I can't think of any good reason for it all.

In any case, I'm kind surprised at how generous the rewards from some of the Magnagate dungeons are. Notably, I've gotten vitamins as well a Pass Scarf, both items that didn't show up until late in the game in the previous titles. Also, hooray for infinite use TMs.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 8th March 2013 at 3:44 AM.

It's been a known fact that genders are absent in the actual gameplay, but them removing the last traces of it from the US release just seems like an odd design choice.

In any case, I'm kind surprised at how generous the rewards from some of the Magnagate dungeons are. Notably, I've gotten vitamins as well a Pass Scarf, both items that didn't show up until late in the game in the previous titles. Also, hooray for infinite use TMs.
    But it still gives the partner emotions... So axing it is inexcusable. Hopefully it's in the full version... Or a patch can add it

uhhh apparently there are genders in here...when i was in a magnagate dungeon, a chillarmy's cute charm affected my pokemon...this is really strange...of all things, why take that away? Your character even says "he" when referring to the partner, so a patch would be weird if they give you a choice after that.

So then the genders are... Hidden? I don't get it. Though your partner DOES give you the option to nickname it after the first dungeon... So maybe they moved it?

no they usually let you choose the gender as soon as you pick your partner, or if they weren't gonna do that, they should have at least showed them.

I think the gender choosing is only for the real game just like how only the kecleon shop works

Really? Because most of what I got was orbs and stuff (although I did get one or two scarves). And I only got 1 Max Elixir throughout the entire demo which annoyed me, especially during the Magnagate level.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    uhhh apparently there are genders in here...when i was in a magnagate dungeon, a chillarmy's cute charm affected my pokemon...this is really strange...of all things, why take that away?
    All Pokemon were susceptible to Cute Charm/Attract in the first PMD games due to genders not being incorporated into the gameplay and this game has reverted to that style.

The only thing your gender choices for your hero and partner would even affect in this one is the dialogue. I can only hope that if there were any dialogue changes, they were so minor that they didn't feel like bothering with it, because I really doubt they're going include it in the full game.

Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast