Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

No, You CAN do DLC before the ending, It'll just be harder.

I really hope they added genders back in to the full version

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    No, You CAN do DLC before the ending, It'll just be harder.

I really hope they added genders back in to the full version
    I'm sure they've gotten plenty of negative feedback from the lack of gender, so let's hope that entices them. Personally, I prefer the story to be 2 guys anyway; I just feel the PMD stories fit Bromance better than anything else, but for the sake of those who would rather do otherwise, and of course the lovely ladies that compose half of the Pokemon fanbase, I hope genders come back into play.

Not to mention, Explorers make Attract, and other such moves, actually affect Pokemon based on gender, so not having them could potentially mess up gameplay as well.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Attract worked on everybody in the first PMD, since genders were absent from the gameplay in that one, and it's the same for this game..

But yeah. It would be dumb to remove the option to have the hero be male or female, seeing as it was in all of the other games (Even though it was mostly for the purpose of determining what Pokemon you get from the now non-existent quiz).

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    I'm sure they've gotten plenty of negative feedback from the lack of gender, so let's hope that entices them. P
    If they removed it I highly doubt that they would be able to put it in within two weeks of the demo after the game has already gone gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Attract worked on everybody in the first PMD, since genders were absent from the gameplay in that one, and it's the same for this game..
    So in the Japanese game even, a male Pokemon using Attract on another male would work? Or is this a change we're just seeing in the demo so far?
    My Shinies:

In the Japanese version, it was a purely aesthetic gender.

Well bollocks.... that lowers the odds of them adding in genders greatly, doesn't it?
    My Shinies:

Gameplay wise, all of the Pokemon are gender ambiguous.

Still, the fact that they bothered to include the gender difference for Pikachu would make removing the option for the hero or partner pretty dumb.

Well bollocks.... that lowers the odds of them adding in genders greatly, doesn't it?
    Yes. Quite.
    I could go either way on the issue, to be honest.

The box that my Arby's Mozerella Sticks came in just gave me a 14-Floor Magnagate. Only 3-Star difficulty, though, so I can safely say that difficulty and length have almost no, if any, correlation.
    My Shinies:

The box that my Arby's Mozerella Sticks came in just gave me a 14-Floor Magnagate. Only 3-Star difficulty, though, so I can safely say that difficulty and length have almost no, if any, correlation.
    I believe difficulty determines the strength of the random dungeon Pokémon, as well as the boss enemies that appear.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    I believe difficulty determines the strength of the random dungeon Pokémon, as well as the boss enemies that appear.
    I figured as much. I was just pointing out that it doesn't seem to affect the size of the dungeon. Scientific observation, good sir.
    My Shinies:

I got the demo, and beat it today. It's really looking amazing to me. The only part I don't like is Quagsire. He is *VERY* annoying, hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    I got the demo, and beat it today. It's really looking amazing to me. The only part I don't like is Quagsire. He is *VERY* annoying, hmm?
    I am not sure what you are talking about, hmm. I really enjoyed his character, hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    You want land? It's yours, but only if you have enough poke.

Sorry, Pikachu, I can't give credit. Come back when you're a little...hmmmmmm...richer.

I'm not really sure what determines the rewards you get at the end of the dungeon, but I did notice that the rare dungeon that rewards 360 Poke instead of the usual 300 or 330 has a much greater tendency to give out multiple high quality items.

The two items I'd like to acquire before the full game's release are a pair of X-ray Specs and a pair of Gold Specs (Which let you see where any gold bars on the floor are).

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    I am not sure what you are talking about, hmm. I really enjoyed his character, hmm.

HMM? Quagsire should have been swaped for the purrloin line as they fit the role better HMM?

I think it would've been better if you got a choice of lands. I can see one being the rocky terrain we have currently, maybe one being a more elevated cliff-face, and maybe one that's more of a barren forest. A decision on your Paradise location would have greatly helped me forgive them for the otherwise unforgivable Pokemon variety.
    My Shinies:

More areas seem to open up over the progression of the game.

I'm surprised at the kinds of items everyone is getting from these Magnagates. It's almost like they let you play the actual game already in that regard. Good thing for 30 uses. I've been doing this about once a day.

Has anyone tried fighting Kecleon in the Magnagate dungeons yet?

I just decided to try it. Astonish hits for 145 damage. In addition, all of my Poke and Items were lost, instead of just half.

Don't mess with Kecleon.
    Last edited by Rayze Darr; 17th March 2013 at 8:16 AM.
    My Shinies:

Has anyone tried fighting Kecleon in the Magnagate dungeons yet?

I just decided to try it. Astonish hits for 145 damage. In addition, all of my Poke and Items were lost, instead of just half.

Don't mess with Kecleon.
    Considering how OP he was in the previous games, I'm not really surprised.

I'm more curious about what the deal is with that sleeping Braviary who shows up from time to time, as it'll never wake up until you actually manage to cause damage to it, which seems impossible outside of Blast Seeds and maybe Dragon Rage, as it takes zero damage from everything, even after I lowered its defenses as much as possible with Tail Whip. Even the basic attack, which I presumed to deal a fixed 5 damage doesn't put a dent in it.

If it does take damage from Dragon Rage, I'm thinking it might be remotely possible to defeat if you minimize its attack stat, then keep paralyzing it with Pikachu as your leader while you have an Axew partner hit it with Dragon Rage.

I'm more curious about what the deal is with that sleeping Braviary who shows up from time to time, as it'll never wake up until you actually manage to cause damage to it, which seems impossible outside of Blast Seeds and maybe Dragon Rage, as it takes zero damage from everything, even after I lowered its defenses as much as possible with Tail Whip. Even the basic attack, which I presumed to deal a fixed 5 damage doesn't put a dent in it.

If it does take damage from Dragon Rage, I'm thinking it might be remotely possible to defeat if you minimize its attack stat, then keep paralyzing it with Pikachu as your leader while you have an Axew partner hit it with Dragon Rage.
    Yeah, I was just curious if they lowered his power in the Magnagates, given that the Pokemon we're given has a fixed level.

Also, I've done a good 20 or so Magnagates, and not once have I seen an Axew show up.

Edit: I just realized, I've never seen a Tepig either. Great, so it seems that whatever you chose in story mode, the Magnagates will exclude. That's why I'm stuck with this stupid Pikachu half the time, who wastes the 20 PP on his ONLY attack in just a few floors, because he insists on running away with me, given that the new default partner movement is "I wonder what it would be like to play this game alongside a pug who keeps slamming his face into the 3DS and occasionally drooling."
    Last edited by Rayze Darr; 17th March 2013 at 9:02 AM.
    My Shinies:

You could also try stalling it out with the right seeds/orbs while trying the set-damage method

Yesterday I actually defeated a braviary. I was a axew with a pikachu partner, so I set pikachu to only use thunder wave, which paralyzes braviary, then I would use dragon rage on him, step back, and repeat until he died. He only gave 315 EXP per member though, and didn't give a level up or item, so it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    Yesterday I actually defeated a braviary. I was a axew with a pikachu partner, so I set pikachu to only use thunder wave, which paralyzes braviary, then I would use dragon rage on him, step back, and repeat until he died. He only gave 315 EXP per member though, and didn't give a level up or item, so it's not worth it.
    So they CAN be taken down? (Assuming you mean the random sleeping Braviary that occasionally pop up) I tried hitting one a few times, but only got the 'The attack missed' or 'Braviary took no damage' messages.

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast