Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    A few rules.
    1: DON'T - Use Escape Orbs to get away from, or Petrify Orbs on Kecleon.
    2: DON'T - Fight a Pokémon with Selfdestruct, Explosion, or Aftermath in a Kecleon shop.
    3: DO - Sell Gold Ribbons and other valuable items to a Kecleon before stealing them back alongside everything else in their shop.
    4: DO - Use Pure Seeds to warp yourself to the dungeon's stairs to get the heck out of there.
    I never spent a lot of time experimenting with Kecleon in previous games. The Magnagates are less permanent, so I guess I just feel more comfortable doing so now. That being said...

I find 1 to not be true. Escape Orbs work great if you don't care about the dungeon's end-reward. Did you mean Warp Seeds, maybe?

2 and 3 I never even thought of. Thanks for the warning on 2, and thanks for the tip with 3, but I couldn't find a way to sell items to Kecleon in the dungeons. Just drop them on the shop floor?

4 seems pretty straight-forward, Pure Seeds are just so rare in these low-level Magnagates. I hope I find one, and a particularly wealthy Kecleon, in the same one sometime!

The main reason behind my experimentation is to see if the Kecleon behave any differently in GTI than they did in Rescue or Explorers. Seems pretty same-y, though, from what little experience I've had with them in the past.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

If you use an Escape Orb while a Kecleon is chasing you, you'll lose all your items and money.
    Using a Petrify Orb on one will make it multiply by the dozen.
    If a Kecleon's merchandise is destroyed by an explosion, it will blame you and start attacking.
    To sell your goods, drop them on the ground and either leave the shop, or more preferably, talk to Kecleon.

If you use an Escape Orb while a Kecleon is chasing you, you'll lose all your items and money.
    Using a Petrify Orb on one will make it multiply by the dozen.
    If a Kecleon's merchandise is destroyed by an explosion, it will blame you and start attacking.
    To sell your goods, drop them on the ground and either leave the shop, or more preferably, talk to Kecleon.
    Ah, don't use Escape Orb while it's chasing you. I see. Well, I can confirm that, if you use Escape Orb while still in his shop, before buying anything, you keep all the goods you had on you.
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    Google

I just can't believe it's only 5 days until this comes out... Getting it and a pikachu 3DS XL. Zen pinball 2 on wii U will help me wait
    I will be getting the Pika 3ds as well, I don't have enough money for both at the same time so I will have to purchase it some other time I guess.

What dungeons are you guys getting Tm's from? I haven't gotten a single one and I have won my fair share of 4 Star dungeons.

On gamefaq's forums I read that someone who claims to be a reviewer states that the gender option is in the full game... But there is no proof of that.

And I swear, if Europe gets the gender feature left intact and NA doesn't, that will make me SO mad.

And on almost EVERY website talking about PMD GTI, there are always weird comments like these:

"Wow. Just how bad is this game really? They took out so much stuff its not even funny anymore.

<insert massive face palm here>"

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    What dungeons are you guys getting Tm's from? I haven't gotten a single one and I have won my fair share of 4 Star dungeons.
    I'm thinking it's just totally based on luck.

I'm not even that certain of whether or not the difficulty or length of a dungeon influences the quality of the rewards, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm thinking it's just totally based on luck.

I'm not even that certain of whether or not the difficulty or length of a dungeon influences the quality of the rewards, either.
    Well I have 4 TMS from the Magnagates I got like Torment, Ice Beam, Cut, etc.
    I'm also excited for PMD Gates to Infinity starting to get bored of the demo here >.> (4 days left!)
    Also, you guys know that when you buy the game and play it, I think there might be an option to download the full version of some games, like Art Academy and Freakyforms.
    Last edited by LeafytheLeafeon; 21st March 2013 at 12:51 AM.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Add me on my Pokemon Games!
    Pokemon White 2: (will add later in 2014 :P)
    3DS Friend Code: 5043-2269-9331

Current MM: Shiny Flawless DW Male Espurr: N/A

I just got X-Scissor from Peculiar Cave which is 3 Star and short. So yes, probably just luck which is not my strong-suit.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    And on almost EVERY website talking about PMD GTI, there are always weird comments like these:

"Wow. Just how bad is this game really? They took out so much stuff its not even funny anymore.

<insert massive face palm here>"
    Yeah, I could see why the lack of Pokemon could make people want to skip it, but it still bums me out because it's pratically everywhere.

I'm more in it for the story and music than the Pokemon though so I guess I just have different priorities.

Funny thing is that I never used many of my recruits in Explorers anyway.

Funny thing is that I never used many of my recruits in Explorers anyway.
    Me neither.

In the first game, I ended up giving all of my stat boosters to a single Manectric that I essentially solo'd all of the postgame dungeons with (Excluding the level 1 dungeons). Reason being that my other party members ended up being dead weight a lot of the time due to the lack of the skill that allows them to fire ranged attacks through allies (Which thankfully, is still in Gates to Infinity).

In Explorers, I ended up using a team of four that had all of the essential IQ skills.

I always found recruiting all of the Pokemon to be more tedious then entertaining, especially when dealing with Pokemon like Kecleon that have an absurdly low recruit rate and/or a low appearance rate. Thankfully, the recruitment rate issue is addressed in this game, too.

Yeah, I honestly doubt all those complainers over the lack of pokemon even recruited all 492 pokemon in the last game. Nothing will prevent me from buying this game.

There's more to the Pokemon variety than just recruitment. While recruiting is a lot of fun for me, there was also having a huge variety of enemies to face in the dungeons. Even then, I admit that 144 is much better enemy variety than most games. The same can be said for starters, which are what mainly tick me off. In the six playthroughs I've done in Mystery Dungeon games, I've used all different Pokemon. I love the variety that the starter choices provided, and I always avoided the "anime favorites" like the plague. It was always more fun for me to play as a lesser known Pokemon like Phanpy, Shinx or Machop, instead of one of the starters. The fact that all we have this time are "anime favorites" is a huge letdown. Again, though, we have 5 choices of starters, which is more variety than most games give you when starting out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have no doubt in my mind that Gates to Infinity will be a great game on its own right. I also have no doubt in my mind that it won't hold a candle to the amazing quality of Explorers of Sky. I have since decided that I will purchase GtI, but I still feel that complaining about a key feature that was drastically dumbed down is valid.

Just my two cents. I mean, the Rangers games feature a normal sized Pokedex as well, and I loved the first two, even though the third one was absolutely horrible.
    My Shinies:

Something good this game did was make it so Pokemon of the same species won't necessarily have the same moveset as others, even if they're of the same level, perhaps to address the aforementioned lack of variety in Pokemon species.

I have to questions. 1. When can you recruit Pokemon in this game? 2. Have they said any where the price for the DLC Dungeons or whether or not they'll be free on release date?

According to Serebii.net part of the site, there will be one DLC dungeon that will be free - for a limited time. It looks like there will be a couple additional dungeons on release, but it will cost you a small amount.

According to Serebii.net part of the site, there will be one DLC dungeon that will be free - for a limited time. It looks like there will be a couple additional dungeons on release, but it will cost you a small amount.
    now what about my other question. When can you recruit?

Okay, I spoilered a small section of the early game to answer. One of the first Pokémon you can recruit is at Lv.12. That means you will be able to recruit Pokémon very early in the storyline.

It's good that we get to start recruiting early on.

Here's something I'm wondering: what level did you guys reach in the demo? Personally, myself (Rayze the Tepig) and my partner (Naul the Axew) are both sitting at level 9.
    My Shinies:

Level 8. But I taught myself (being an Oshawott), Aerial Ace, which is worth more than a level or two of EXP grinding.

Level 8. I thought myself (Snivy) a nifty Reflect though, and I have Light Screen sitting in my Box.

My egg moves are pretty good though, Pursuit and Assurance. Both help tons against those uberpowerfull Gothita and Minccino.

Aw man, this is finally coming out tomorrow! I'm getting hyped.

Level 8, for Oshawott and my my partner Axew.
    I'm awesome

When is this coming out in Australia? I must be blind because I can't find it anywhere.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White: