Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1439

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    That's mainly because hydreigon is weak compared to most other dragon types. I have no clue why, but when I use him in the FOUR STAR boss battles he dies in one hit from anything...
    After leveling him close to the cap, his stats aren't actually that bad compared to other Pokemon. It's just that he has a "slow but steady" growth pattern and seldom gets higher then a one point gain in every stat per level, but rarely ever fails to get an increase in a particular stat upon leveling, which tends to start occurring frequently for other Pokemon.

Also, all of the Pokemon in this game have varying stat caps which are fairly reflective of their stats in the main games. This means Hydreigon ends up being one of the strongest Pokemon overall once it's maxed out with vitamins and devices. This also unfortunately means the max stats of unevolved Pokemon are absolutely terrible compared to their evolved forms.

Quote Originally Posted by BayBeeBoi View Post
    I have a question and i hope it hasnt been asked before, sorry but i didnt wanna go through62 pages trying to see if it actually was asked before. Anyways, my question is, you know the sparkly stuff on the ground it usually gives you an item when you walk over it, but a couple of times I have encountered sparkles on the ground that are a little darker and nothing happens when i walk over it with my pokemon. And no its not because my bag is full. So can someone tell me what to do with those. I think it looks like the sparkling looked aand the tree that you could push over in the beginning to make a bridge but I pressed a in front of it and nothing happened. Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question lol.
    Those are gold tiles. If you're holding a Gold Scope, you can see them and collect the gold bars in them by simply walking on them, but if you lack that item, I believe you need to step on the panel and use the "Underfoot" option from the menu to get the gold bars.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 6th April 2013 at 2:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BayBeeBoi View Post
    I have a question and i hope it hasnt been asked before, sorry but i didnt wanna go through62 pages trying to see if it actually was asked before. Anyways, my question is, you know the sparkly stuff on the ground it usually gives you an item when you walk over it, but a couple of times I have encountered sparkles on the ground that are a little darker and nothing happens when i walk over it with my pokemon. And no its not because my bag is full. So can someone tell me what to do with those. I think it looks like the sparkling looked aand the tree that you could push over in the beginning to make a bridge but I pressed a in front of it and nothing happened. Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question lol.
    I think you are talking about the "gold floor/tile/spot thing". I have had the same experience and the solution is: step onto it, then press X, and finally select the "Underfoot" option. At that point you will be prompted to select dig or pick-up (I don't remember which) and you will then recieve a gold bar, more in higher level dungeons, that you can trade to Cofagrigus.

Edit. When someone says what you were going to say faster that you do; do you declare Ninja'd, or does that refer to something else?
    Last edited by It is I,; 6th April 2013 at 2:56 AM.

I know I've said this before, but the music in this game is so, so good.

Unexplored Region of Ice really stands out to me. Though I'm not done yet so I dunno if there's some later ones that are better.

All of the themes in the dungeons leading up to the finale are really good, as is the final boss theme.

I'd say they're at least on par with the Temporal Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Where is Meloetta at? I've walked around my Paradise each time I beat a mission but she won't appear
    As long as you're past the post game Meloetta should be there. I had the same issue in finding her. Make sure you check your "cool creekside" area (assuming you have one) carefully. Far right side has stairs leading down it to another facility spot, which was overlooked on my part. Found her there down the stairs. So as long as you finished the post game then she should be somewhere in a blank spot where you can build a facility. If you have no open slots that may also be an issue causing her not to show up

I managed to finish the Path of No Return with Meloetta today.

I feel as though the only reason I pulled it off was because of the X-ray Specs I found on the second floor, though. They're an absolute lifesaver as they:

1. Let you see where all the items are, so you don't waste your time hunting down supplies.

2. Let you see the locations of the enemy Pokemon, so they can't ambush you once the floors become dark, plus you can snipe them with ranged attacks before they see you.

3. Allow you to see monster houses, thanks to their dead giveaway of having a massive number of items in a single room.

I was expecting something a bit more special then a Mobile Scarf at the end of the dungeon, but I did leave with dozens of Joy Seeds and stat boosters, plus almost every one of the best hold items, so it was worth it.

Now I'm trying to get through the Ultimate Wilds with Virizion, which is proving to be a lot more complicated due to the more annoying assortment of Pokemon there, as well as less items.

So what's everyone's favorite songs for this game?

Some favorite dungeon themes of mine include Lost Cyan Way, as it seemed like a remix of all those road themes with a good deal of finality to it. There's also West Tower, which had a little bit of the Desperation theme in there (which very much fit the mood at that time). One of the random infinite dungeon themes also has a remix of the Magnagate theme, which was pretty cool.

Of course, the "final story dungeon theme" is amazing as always.

I really like the theme for the desert dungeons and the Holehills. All of the dungeon themes in the last chapter were superb, as well.

It's pretty hard to just pick a small number of favorites, since the entire soundtrack is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    After the Axew DLC gets released i'll have about $8 left in points and I plan to use it on more DLC. Which ones should I get? The ones i'm missing that are currently out are Scalchop Beach(Because I'm a Dewott), Kecelon Bazarr, and that 99 floor dungeon(Absolutely no interest in this one). I might buy that Sweets DLC
    Kecleon Bazaar is a must-have if you want easily recruitable Eevees, more Pokémon Gifts than you'll know what to do with, and shops full of valuable TMs.

Do they sell the type specific gifts?

Those seem practically required for the Pokemon that can't have gifts made specifically for their species.

My favorite are the pre final boss song (Which plays after losing to him once in the deposit box area), the frism and ending themes, and the great glacier main tower theme.

In all I think this is way better than the other PMD in terms of music, as the only song in this game I hate is stony cave

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    I think you are talking about the "gold floor/tile/spot thing". I have had the same experience and the solution is: step onto it, then press X, and finally select the "Underfoot" option. At that point you will be prompted to select dig or pick-up (I don't remember which) and you will then recieve a gold bar, more in higher level dungeons, that you can trade to Cofagrigus.

Edit. When someone says what you were going to say faster that you do; do you declare Ninja'd, or does that refer to something else?

Thank you, I will try that the next time I come across it...
    Last edited by BayBeeBoi; 6th April 2013 at 5:24 PM. Reason: forgot the quote

Does anyone know how high any given move can be leveled?

Quote Originally Posted by 33Whimsicott33 View Post
    So what's everyone's favorite songs for this game?

Some favorite dungeon themes of mine include Lost Cyan Way, as it seemed like a remix of all those road themes with a good deal of finality to it. There's also West Tower, which had a little bit of the Desperation theme in there (which very much fit the mood at that time). One of the random infinite dungeon themes also has a remix of the Magnagate theme, which was pretty cool.

Of course, the "final story dungeon theme" is amazing as always.
    I always enjoy all of the endgame musics myself. Most the ones I enjoyed the most had the game tune (the hope theme, which I thought all Hope themes were amazing) sound to it. Sincerity and Compassion, the final boss (both themes), Scorching Desert really had a great tune I liked, of course all final dungeon songs were just perfectly fitting (amazing) I thought, and of course the ending theme's like Frism and NF and the others. Pretty much this games soundtrack was what I was hoping it would be. It was on par and in most parts better than EoT/D/S.

Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    Does anyone know how high any given move can be leveled?
    I don't think there's actually a limit to how many times a move can level up.

Once you get it past level 8, it'll display a star instead of a number, but it'll keep gaining EXP and powering up until it's reached the cap for power, accuracy, and PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Do they sell the type specific gifts?

Those seem practically required for the Pokemon that can't have gifts made specifically for their species.
    The gifts are the items randomly littered throughout the floors. I even found a Fighting Gift before leaving because of a full bag of items.
    edit: On a subsequent run I found a Water Gift, Dragon Gift, and a Bug Gift.
    Last edited by Eternalserenity; 7th April 2013 at 4:33 AM.

I still can't help but be confused by the fact that seemingly all evolved Pokemon actually end up having lower stats then their pre-evolutions at level 100 if they were recruited in their evolved form as opposed to evolving to it.

The evolved Pokemon in Explorers ended up being superior even before factoring in the stat bonuses from evolving.

It's nothing a couple stat boosters can't fix, but it's still awkward to me.

On a totally unrelated note, I just noticed this is the first PMD where your hero actually says something if you talk to them while they aren't leading the party (In all of the other ones, they just gave you visible silence). The only place you can actually do this is at one of the rest points in a dungeon, though.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 8th April 2013 at 8:45 AM.

yeah within EoT/D/S it's just silence while in GTI it's I haven't checked during rest points or anything. Rescue team games were the only ones I saw any talking from the hero post story. Always seems to be a (hero) character with a completely different personality every game at least.

lately trying using the magnagate function it's been nothing but short easy dungeons. no luck getting any high ranked or longer dungeons. there a certain amount that must be run before it gets better dungeons?

People have forgotten this game exists thanks to Mewbuu. *glares*

According to information I heard.
    1: Harder magnagates unlock after beating easier ones × amount of times
    2: The hardest magnagates unlock only after you beat the game.

I know how to rob Kecleon Shops successfully now.
    1: steal goods
    2: use a Foe-Hold Orb
    3: use a Pure seed and just walk to the stairs
    (make sure to pack a few Reviver Seeds just in case the shop Kecleon wants to be a smartass and uses Shadow Sneak on you.)

I think the most important factor in getting a high difficulty Magnagate dungeon is making sure the object you're using for the magnagate is covering as much of the scanning circle as possible.

On an unrelated note, I managed to make it through the Ultimate Wilds the other day using Keldeo. I largely attribute my success to having found a pair of X-ray Specs on an early floor, though, as being able to see where the enemy Pokemon are in the dark is a lifesaver when they start dealing enough damage to one or two hit KO you.

well maybe a few more scans is all it'll take. I've done a few dozen scans already and to no success. Was starting to think it depended on your paradise rank as well. Guess those hard ones will show up soon enough...beat the game awhile back, just had no luck with getting any special magnagates yet is all. Maybe I'll just have to find some objects that fill the scanning area better than close or halfway.

I think I actually got my first 13 star difficulty dungeon before I finished the story, so it might just be related to the size of the object and how many dungeons you've finished.

i got myself an 8 star magnagate the other day. i have a silver paradise rank if that matters as well as 2 pages of finished Magnagates.

Magnagates make this game way to easy though. i havent even beat chapter 3 yet, and i have 20 max elixers an 14 reviver seeds stored up.
    Last edited by pikasaur; 10th April 2013 at 1:29 PM.

I beat it.

......yeah. I cried. Dammit, it's just...I knew it was coming but...;___;

I actually thought the plot point about....
        Spoiler:- Shhhhh! Spoilers:
    Last edited by diakyu; 10th April 2013 at 5:33 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast