Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Remember in PMD1, when you went to Mew's Dungeon and it could be on any floor from 35 and up, plus it could be any Pokemon too? I could see Zoura/Zoroark transforming like Mew did.
    I'm more worried about if it were on your team. What would it transform into when you enter the dungeon? When and how often would it transform?

As for Dialga, I never really had trouble with it because I always had a type advantage against it (I was a Charmander in Darkness and a Riolu in Sky). I pretty much made short work of it with about 8 Flamethrowers/Force Palms. And after I evolved my starter, I went back and beat it in half that many moves. Darkrai, though... I don't remember how easily I beat Darkrai in Darkness (it must not have gone too badly since I don't remember it that well), I went back and beat Sky, and even with the type advantage, he gave me a ton of trouble. He would either put me to sleep the entire battle and either I, my partner, or Cresselia would die before I wake up, or he would spam Double Team to the point where none of my attacks could hit him. Even when I was able to save 6 Reviver Seeds and enough Pure Seeds to essentially warp my way through Deep Dark Crater, it still took me a few tries to beat him.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

In Sky, Darkrai was easy. All I had to do is KO Rhyperior, and my Shinx knew Discharge so it was pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm more worried about if it were on your team. What would it transform into when you enter the dungeon? When and how often would it transform?
    Oh, that is a problem. I wonder how that would work.

I'd guess that Zorua's Illusion would probably just turn it into the Pokemon ahead of it in your team formation, as it does in the main games, and at the start of each floor. They'd have to make the illusion last for more then a single hit for it be of much use, though.

Something else I also hope they change is not having so many segments that only allow use of the main character and your partner. It seriously bugged me that around half of the story in PMD2 was like that, and not being able to use them for either of the final bosses especially felt like a slap in the face.

Primal Dialga was easy for me. I threw a Stun Seed at it. I then ate a Violent Seed (With Riolu). I then threw a Vile Seed at Dialga and Vulpix used Imprison. I then OHKOed it with Focus Punch.

As for Darkrai...Well there is one thing I've always wanted to do. And that's to use a Reviser Seed on him. Hahaha!

Not sure how much Illusion will be of any use. I guess it'll be fun to use. Maybe. Also there's no quiz. We have to use the 3DS Camera? If we get the same Pokemon everytime...Well I don't know how I'll feel about that.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Maybe Illusion could function like this?

Makes the Pokemon look like an enemy/ally pokemon untill it is attacked by you/the enemy?

Phanpy not learning dig is fail

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Maybe Illusion could function like this?

Makes the Pokemon look like an enemy/ally pokemon untill it is attacked by you/the enemy?
    That sounds the most possible.

In Sky, Darkrai was easy. All I had to do is KO Rhyperior, and my Shinx knew Discharge so it was pretty easy.
    I had Earthquake and Discharge at my disposal, and Darkrai himself still gave me trouble thanks to sleep and Double Team.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I had Earthquake and Discharge at my disposal, and Darkrai himself still gave me trouble thanks to sleep and Double Team.
    How did your partner avoid Earthquake? And I hated Darkrai in Darkness/Time Dark Void and Double Team was a pain. (>.<)

Since you start in the same line as Darkrai, you can throw a Stun Seed at him to take him out for the whole battle so you can concentrate on his minions. Just be careful not to use room ranged moves like Discharge. Speaking of which. I reckon those should be nerfed and have a range around the user like Thunderbolt which is 1 square all round the user. Maybe 2 squares around the user for those moves instead?

Moves like Thunderbolt and Dark Pulse are like this:

*P*

Room ranged moves like Discharge, Earth Power and Ominous Wind should be like this:

**P**

You have no idea how annoying those Room Ranged moves are. Especially Drifloon's and Drifblim's Ominous Wind coupled with it's broken Unburden ability. It allows it to use the same move twice in one turn for just 1PP when not holding an item. Unlike the main games where it needs to consume it's hold item, it doesn't need to in Mystery Dungeon...

How did your partner avoid Earthquake? And I hated Darkrai in Darkness/Time Dark Void and Double Team was a pain. (>.<)
    It didn't, but that turned out to be the least of my worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Since you start in the same line as Darkrai, you can throw a Stun Seed at him to take him out for the whole battle so you can concentrate on his minions. Just be careful not to use room ranged moves like Discharge. Speaking of which. I reckon those should be nerfed and have a range around the user like Thunderbolt which is 1 square all round the user. Maybe 2 squares around the user for those moves instead?
    I tried using a Sleep Seed once but he woke up one turn later. And why shouldn't I used room ranged moves? That's exactly what helps me eliminate his minions. Discharge only problematic earlier on since Rhyperior's Lightningrod soaks up every hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Moves like Thunderbolt and Dark Pulse are like this:

*P*

Room ranged moves like Discharge, Earth Power and Ominous Wind should be like this:

**P**

You have no idea how annoying those Room Ranged moves are. Especially Drifloon's and Drifblim's Ominous Wind coupled with it's broken Unburden ability. It allows it to use the same move twice in one turn for just 1PP when not holding an item. Unlike the main games where it needs to consume it's hold item, it doesn't need to in Mystery Dungeon...
    IDK if they need to nerf it that much, but yes, it is annoying when, say, a Camerupt on the other side of the room can easily hit you with Earth Power.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 18th September 2012 at 4:23 AM.

I remember I went to a Dungeon that had Nidoking and Nidoqueen, I didn't even see them enter the room and they spam Earth Power. Shinx didn't stand a chance. (>.>)

I remember I went to a Dungeon that had Nidoking and Nidoqueen, I didn't even see them enter the room and they spam Earth Power. Shinx didn't stand a chance. (>.>)
    And this is why they should be nerfed because of how unfair they are...

I still have bad memories of Silver Wind hax Ledian in Mt. Travail. It kept Spamming it and it kept raising it's stats which includes Movement Speed...There was nothing I could do.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah! I'm also interested in seeing what the Gen 5 abilities will do in this game. Most of them will have the same effect as the main series but for these ones.

Unnerve: Not quite sure what this will do. I reckon it'll prevent the use of berries and seeds in a certain radius of the user.
    Cursed Body: If it's hit with a move but doesn't faint, it may seal the move that was used until the next floor.
    Harvest: If the Pokemon uses a Berry or Seed (Except Reviver Seed), it has a chance of not being consumed.
    Moody: Oh dear...this broken ability, still not as broken as Mystery Dungeon Unburden, I reckon it'll be a bit different than the main series. I think that the effect will happen when changing floors and that's it.
    Regenerator: Probably one of two things. 1) It increases the natural recovery rate (when walking) or 2) It restores HP when changing floors. Most likely the latter.
    Sand Rush: Exactly like Swift Swim and Chlorophyll. It'll use the same move twice in the same turn using just 1PP while in Sandstorm weather.
    Analytic: Not quite sure how this will work.
    Illusion: It was mentioned earlier. It'll probably take the disguise of an ally until it takes damage. It'll be a gimmick ability in Mystery Dungeon :/
    Imposter: Transforms into a random Pokemon on the floor. But Ditto is useless anyways since it doesn't copy the moves in Mystery Dungeon...unless they fix that.
    Prankster: This will be fun to use. I think that it'll allow the user to use Status Moves twice in the same turn while using just 1PP (Like Sand Rush, Swift Swim and Chlorophyll). Fun times with Prankster Riolu with Copycat.

As for abilities. I know we've had Pokemon with both abilities but I reckon they should have just one of them (Heatproof and Levitate Bronzong? Really?). As for Hidden Abilities. I think that there will be a Dungeon where they use their Hidden Abilities and at the end of it, you get a hold item where you can use the Pokemon's Hidden ability in any dungeon.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 18th September 2012 at 9:59 AM.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Good thing i already got a 3ds!
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I don't have a 3DS yet, but by the time the game is released in NA, if it is at all, I should have the money for both.

I like already having a 3DS, now just to hope more starters will appear. The only one of them revealed I actually like, is Snivy. The rest wouldnt even exist if I care.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I like already having a 3DS, now just to hope more starters will appear. The only one of them revealed I actually like, is Snivy. The rest wouldnt even exist if I care.
    I'm surprised there are a lot of Snivy lovers. I thought there would be more Oshawott.

Surely enough more starters will be revealed over time. The previous PMD games didn't announce all the starters at once, pretty sure the same is happening here.

I'm surprised there are a lot of Snivy lovers. I thought there would be more Oshawott.
    ... I'm actually pretty neutral about Oshawott, but Tepig? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    ... I'm actually pretty neutral about Oshawott, but Tepig? Ugh.
    Agreed. Tepig had the potential to be the first non fighting since gen 2, but no. typical fire/fighting....
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Yea... Damned Tepig.

At least Infernape and Blaziken is usable...

Tumblr

I would have though after evolving into Dewott, then Oshawott line would be Water/Fighting. :/

I would have though after evolving into Dewott, then Oshawott line would be Water/Fighting. :/
    I thought Dewott would have evolved into some sort of majorly epic Water/Fighting..otter..thing.

Im fine with samurott, just, it coulda been closer to its prevos instead of what it is now...

Im still deciding between Snivy/Oshawott for my partner for this, however. :/....
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    I thought Dewott would have evolved into some sort of majorly epic Water/Fighting..otter..thing.

Im fine with samurott, just, it coulda been closer to its prevos instead of what it is now...

Im still deciding between Snivy/Oshawott for my partner for this, however. :/....
    My hero's going to be Snivy, but I haven't fully thought about my partner yet.

It kind of sucks, but is very neat at the same time, that your Pokemon is determined by your face. For some reason, I think getting Snivy and Axew will be kind of hard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post

I'm picking Oshawott, because I'll be an Axew. I can't resist: Haxorus has an axe head, and Samurott has swords in its less. The warriors must be together.
    Last edited by FireHawkDelta; 19th September 2012 at 3:21 AM.

I'm waiting until the full Starter Roaster is revealed before I make my team.

Tumblr

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast