Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Anyway I made up my mind. I'm not buying it if it's only those 5 playable characters.
    Seems pretty silly to not buy a pokemon game just because there isn't enough selection for starters. Especially when we all already deal with having even less selection for our starter in the mainstream games.

But as already been said, whatever floats your boat. I'm still buying it, and assuming the five revealed are the only choice of starters, I will be a Snivy and my buddy is going to be Axew.

Ahh, I like that your move power increases. Thunder lll? That sounds very powerful. I wonder what would happen to moves like Roar of Time or something, massive overkill. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    Seems pretty silly to not buy a pokemon game just because there isn't enough selection for starters. Especially when we all already deal with having even less selection for our starter in the mainstream games.
    To me, this makes the gameplay feel somewhat limited compared to the other PMD games, and some people complain about this because they want a more diverse amount of playable pokemon you could be. I myself take the personality test a few times before I could get something that I'd like, and I don't mind starting a new agme knowing that there are a large number of other pokemon to choose from. So knowing this, I'm disappointed.

On the other hand, I still have my hopes up for more CoroCoro leaks on the gameplay and starters. Never know what's over the horizon.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Ahh, I like that your move power increases. Thunder lll? That sounds very powerful. I wonder what would happen to moves like Roar of Time or something, massive overkill. xD
    You already could power up moves in the previous games with Ginseng.

I presume they just decided to simplify the process by making it occur after enough uses and with Victini's booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    You already could power up moves in the previous games with Ginseng.

I presume they just decided to simplify the process by making it occur after enough uses and with Victini's booth.
    Lol, I forgot that item existed.

Maybe, Victini does assist you in your move power boost.

The pics look fablulous.

And the games are so long I never have time for more than 1 playthrough.

Something else I'm really hoping is retained from the previous PMD titles is the variety in terms of the dungeon environments.

I really liked going to certain dungeons like the Spatial Rift and Deep Chasm because of how surreal they got on the later floors.

Something else I'm really hoping is retained from the previous PMD titles is the variety in terms of the dungeon environments.

I really liked going to certain dungeons like the Spatial Rift and Deep Chasm because of how surreal they got on the later floors.
    Yea! That would make the dungeons really fun to explore. I hope that they don't feel that because it's on a new system that they should have a fresh start.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

With more screenshots added, I now know who runs a shop and stuff. So, Dunsparce's role is to join your team? I like it, and I like that Emolga's joining too. (^.^)

From the pics released, I can't really say that I like the way the move selection is set up. I'm used to the same ol' 'move the cursor and press A' method. I wouldn't really want to select the wrong move by accident.

I'm also assuming, that because this is for 3DS, the circle pad'll pretty much give you free rein over the direction you're facing.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

With more screenshots added, I now know who runs a shop and stuff. So, Dunsparce's role is to join your team? I like it, and I like that Emolga's joining too. (^.^)
    IKR!? At least that's a plus.

Dream PMD Team

Litwick, Vanillite, Nyx and Dunsparce

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

I really hope they'll handle IQ skills the way they did in the previous game. It made putting a team together more interesting.

Hopefully they'll have the sense to give ALL Pokemon larger then one star better IQ skills, though, as there was little reason to use something like Steelix or Wailord when they simply denied you the use of a full team with no real benefits. It was a reasonable balancing factor for Dialga and Palkia due to them having the broken Absolute Mover skill, but not for anything else.

The game looks great.

I'm going to miss the sprites though : (

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    The game looks great.

I'm going to miss the sprites though : (
    But, they still d ohave the Face Sprites, and they look the best as they ever were.

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    But, they still do have the Face Sprites, and they look the best as they ever were.
    Graphically enhanced, yes. The same? About so.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I must say, the music for this game sounds great.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Perhaps it might be a late reply; however, I am excited that a new PMD has finally been announced. It's about time and indeed it's good to see that the series is still continuing (I loved the previous installments and it's good to hear that this one will have a deeper story than the previous ones).

My only disappointment is with the possibility of five starters; however, as the others have said I guess I shouldn't worry for now. The game still has time before its release and I do hope more starters become available (I personally like the diversity of the playable characters in this series, so I hope it doesn't lose that factor).
    Black Team:

Currently replaying Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver!

...so appearantly you aren't just limited to 4 dimensional squares.

WAT.

I MUST SEE THIS IN ACTION BEFORE i LABEL IT SOMETHING. ._.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Maybe they'll add the other starters in for paid DLC?
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

They abandoned grid based movement? I don't understand how in the world the gameplay's supposed to work now if that's the case, unless it's not pseudo turn based anymore.

I'm also not really sure what to think of the DLC. Hopefully, the DLC dungeons will just provide an easier method of getting some otherwise rare Pokemon, and won't include Pokemon that can't be obtained anywhere else.

They abandoned grid based movement? I don't understand how in the world the gameplay's supposed to work now if that's the case, unless it's not pseudo turn based anymore.
    I saw grid movement on the preview for the game though...Serebii said "not limited too". So... maybe its a special thing you could do? Or maybe there is two ways to do a dungeon?

Either way, I still have no idea how this is supposed to work. x.x...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I'd assume he wasn't just referring to the movement in the overworld, because that's not really a groundbreaking or unexpected change..

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Maybe they'll add the other starters in for paid DLC?
    Oh god no. If they do this I'll have a reason not to buy this.

DLC? What's that? :/ Does DL stand for Down Low?

DLC? What's that? :/ Does DL stand for Down Low?
    DLC is Downloadable Content Yuuji. Yea, I have to agree with dirkac, it's a pain in the butt when we don't have good starters and then we have to pay for the best.

Tumblr

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast