Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Okay, this may seem weird. But I'm actually seriously worried that you won't be able to choose the hero pokemon's gender.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Eve of the Apocolypse View Post
    Okay, this may seem weird. But I'm actually seriously worried that you won't be able to choose the hero pokemon's gender.
    I believe it's confirmed you do. It's a few pages back I think.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I believe it's confirmed you do. It's a few pages back I think.
    Okay, thanks. '^.^

I don't like to be mistaken for a male, to be honest, and since I'm going to be Pikachu, I wish to be visibly acknowledged as a female. (You, know, with the tail and all.)

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Whoever came up with the idea to get rid of the hunger mechanic deserves a freaking raise. One of the only things I disliked about the past games.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

However, getting rid of hunger makes it seem even easier than it does already. I think mayhap they don't have it in the demo, is that you can not stock up on food before the main game starts. Lousy reasoning but I want to play it as a roguelike and not just a dungeon crawl.

Credit to Brutaka for the amazing banner and user bar. Yeah, having 2 is redundant, but it shows you guys my favorite pokemon, what story I had planned and my position in the WoJ.

Time, there's never enough of it but it's always there to waste.
    -Azurus

Hunger was just annoying and is in no way essential to a roguelike.

In normal dungeons, it was never an issue due to the abundance of apples and being able to use a Tight Belt.

In the level 1 dungeons, it simply added to the amount of luck involved in a successful dungeon trip thanks to how rare apples tended to be.

Yet another item I never knew existed. xD

It was great when I stumbled upon a Big Apple sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Hunger was just annoying and is in no way essential to a roguelike.

In normal dungeons, it was never an issue due to the abundance of apples and being able to use a Tight Belt.

In the level 1 dungeons, it simply added to the amount of luck involved in a successful dungeon trip thanks to how rare apples tended to be.
    I forget which game it was, but apples are NOT rare in normal dungeons. I had, like, 7 by the seventh dungeon.

I forget which game it was, but apples are NOT rare in normal dungeons. I had, like, 7 by the seventh dungeon.
    I've only played PMD Sky/Time/Darkness and all I know is that the amount of apples you find are randomized throughout each dungeon.

As for the hunger aspect of the game, I guess I could live with it.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

That's kind of why I said "In level 1 dungeons"...

That's kind of why I said "In level 1 dungeons"...
    Also kind of why I said 'in normal dungeons.' I usually don't bother with the level l's.

The point is that you responded as though I was saying apples were rare in normal dungeons when I clearly didn't...

In any case, I'm still feeling kind of dubious about the whole matter of IQ skills and genders.

The point is that you responded as though I was saying apples were rare in normal dungeons when I clearly didn't...

In any case, I'm still feeling kind of dubious about the whole matter of IQ skills and genders.
    Hey, I'm just hoping attract isn't broken again. But since you get to choose your partner's gender... well, I don't know. :/ It's a good sign, but...

I hope Dream World abilities will be with out partner and hero Pokemon once we start the game. Hero/Partner Snivy using Leaf Storm while it has the ability Contrary would be awesome.

If anything, I'd assume they'd be on Pokemon you hatch from eggs.

Though that's also assuming you can even do that still.

Oh yes. I forgot about the Eggs. Well, that is more realistic than mine. xD

I thought the IQ skills were a great asset to the games. "Survivalist" is a great example as to why IQ skills are significant in the games.

The matter I was referring to is the fact that there's no signs of IQ skills being in the game.

Which would be a serious disappointment if that turned out to be the case, considering how it gave you a good reason to use certain Pokemon species.

The matter I was referring to is the fact that there's no signs of IQ skills being in the game.

Which would be a serious disappointment if that turned out to be the case, considering how it gave you a good reason to use certain Pokemon species.
    Oh, my bad. If there won't be any IQ skills in the game, as far as I know, then that's a step back for me. IQ skills are the reason why I hoard gummies. Without IQ skills, the growth and experience mechanic feel a bit incomplete IMO.

In the scans, it states that you can make friends with legendaries such as Terrakion, Tornadus and Landorus.
    You can also find special Pokémon such as Zekrom in dungeons.
    Espeon and Umbreon are classed as Dungeon researchers and are researching various things including Magnagates.
    As always, the dungeon layout changes upon each entry of the dungeon.
    The game features local play, where 2 to 4 players can play together in the Pokémon Paradise and even in special dungeons
    You get the item Gold Seed if you enter the password: W4KRK4XH

Images @ Serebii.net

I'm guessing there probably aren't going to be too many dungeons devoted to legendaries, as was the case in the Explorers games, where they mostly just appeared at a low chance on specific floors of certain dungeons.

I'm curious about how multiplayer is going to work in dungeons, though.

I'm guessing there probably aren't going to be too many dungeons devoted to legendaries, as was the case in the Explorers games, where they mostly just appeared at a low chance on specific floors of certain dungeons.

I'm curious about how multiplayer is going to work in dungeons, though.
    There's an image of it in the second image. One in Pokémon Paradise, one in a dungeon, one against Reshiram

Now I'm hoping that being able to control the Pokemon of your choosing in the Pokemon Paradise isn't limited solely to your character and partner.

A (Sort-of) Multiplayer PMD?!

I can die happily now.

No seriously, this, for me, makes up for the supposed lack of hunger and IQ skills.

Everything else is also looking pretty good. Can't wait for the full game.

Well, Espeon and Umbreon as researchers in the game sounds interesting. I don't know why, it just does.

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast