Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1439

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Good luck with those bosses. Once you get to the Western Tower they really start to stack the deck against you.

    And...uh, wow. They sure know how to pile on the drama in the post game dungeon     Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Last edited by Bliu; 27th March 2013 at 1:33 AM.
    3DS FC: 3652 0647 7573
    Friend Safari: Electric Type-Helioptile, Pachirisu, Zebstrika

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Peeps, GET POKEPARK FOR FREE until the end of april. I bought skill treasury btw.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliu View Post
    Good luck with those bosses. Once you get to the Western Tower they really start to stack the deck against you.

    And...uh, wow. They sure know how to pile on the drama for the partner's request for you to rejoin Paradise, and they especially know how to make it hurt if you say no.
    People seriously need to learn what things should and shouldn't be spoiler tagged...

    But in any case, I'm a little annoyed by the fact that the only time you really get a chance to construct the Paradise much is before you set out on the fourth chapter, as your partner will force you to progress the story instead of taking requests after a few days after that point. This unfortunately bars you from upgrading your facilities, as the higher quality materials become available then, as well.

    I'm currently about midway through the fifth chapter and...

        Spoiler:- MAJOR story spoilers:

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Potato
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    That's the reason Companion Mode exists. You are pretty much forced to play out the story from chapter 4 onwards. But in Companion Mode, you're free to do as many requests and paradise-building things as you feel like.

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moo Moo Farms
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    That's essentially correct. The gender of the partner made no difference whatsoever to any gameplay
    I wasn't aware Gender made any difference in PMD at all. Besides which pokemon you started as anyway.

    on another note, i dislike that we can only go on one mission per day now. Unlike as many as we can find per dungeon, in previous games.
    Last edited by pikasaur; 27th March 2013 at 1:35 AM.

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,670

    Default

    ...I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me for some reason. Oh well. Off to upgrade all my shops.

    Also, I can't help but remark on the difficulty of the boss fight in chapter 5. Even with Reflect and Mega Drain, I was still taking enough of a beating that I had to use Oran Berries and orbs to survive on top of that. Having those dumb Pansear that can incinerate your stock of seeds and berries prior to it certainly doesn't help any, either.

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Saving this game for a twelve hour road trip to the beach for spring break. Thank goodness my sister has a 3DS so I can use hers when mine runs out of battery.

    I chugged about 61 hours into the Japanese version, wonder if I'll beat that time on my english one.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  8. #1058

    Default

    Playing this on my new special edition pikachu 3DS XL :P lol I love the game but one thing I wish I could change is being able to complete multiple tasks in one run. Also...anyone else miss wigglytuff and the gang? Lol overall a very exciting game, but for some reason ivy park does not show up in my dlc so I can't purchase it:/

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporenine View Post
    Playing this on my new special edition pikachu 3DS XL :P lol I love the game but one thing I wish I could change is being able to complete multiple tasks in one run. Also...anyone else miss wigglytuff and the gang? Lol overall a very exciting game, but for some reason ivy park does not show up in my dlc so I can't purchase it:/
    Based on the comments in this topic so far, it seems no one misses the Wigglytuff Guild more than I do, lol. Quagsire's personality is obviously derived off of Wigglytuff's, as is Dunsparce's from Bidoof's. Whenever either of these guys talk, I start to miss the old gang. I also agree hardcore about only being able to do one mission at a time. It's easily this game's most blatant fault.

    As for the DLC, not all of it is available to us yet. I think we only have... 4 of them?
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Potato
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    That is correct. We only have 4 DLC dungeons at the moment. Curiously, the only bad one of the bunch is the free one.

  11. #1061

    Default

    OK Guys... MAJOR question. Can I delete the demo now? I'm already in the final dungeon, so I don't wanna lose my save if I delete it.

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A garbage can near you!
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    OK Guys... MAJOR question. Can I delete the demo now? I'm already in the final dungeon, so I don't wanna lose my save if I delete it.
    I don't see why not, it would be silly for a game to be dependent on the demo. I'm pretty sure the game just copies your file from the demo and is independent of it thereafter.

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,611

    Default

    I got my game earlier and started. I'm oshawot and my partner is pikachu. So far I'm about to enter stony cave.

    Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The State of Denial
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Does anyone know how many times a tm can be used in this game? I'm wondering because you can collect multiple copies but I have used the same X-Scissor tm on at least four different pokemon.

  15. #1065

    Default

    OK... I'll wait a bit more to see if anyone else can confirm that.

  16. #1066
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,611

    Default

    I beat stony cave and am now at the half way point in hazy pass. Not to far but thats ok =)

    Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

  17. #1067
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I am in love with Inflora Forest's music. It's so peaceful~

  18. #1068
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Potato
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It is I, View Post
    Does anyone know how many times a tm can be used in this game? I'm wondering because you can collect multiple copies but I have used the same X-Scissor tm on at least four different pokemon.
    TMs are infinite in use. The game lets you get multiples just in case you accidentally lose/sell one.

  19. #1069
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,670

    Default

    Well, I finished the story today, and I can definitely say I liked it the most out of all the games, mostly because of all the character development, which was rather lacking in the previous games. The ending was really good, too.

    I think my only big complaint would be     Spoiler:- Huge story spoilers:
    Last edited by Rakurai; 27th March 2013 at 11:57 PM.

  20. #1070
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Potato
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    I have an interesting dungeon tip for you guys. Once you beat the game, the dungeons start doing weird things like affect floor design, make enemy Pokémon sleep, etc. On occasion, you'll wind up in a parallel version of the dungeon you're in. (Serebii calls them mapless dungeons) Make sure to have a Gold Scope handy when it happens. Golden sparkly spots are common in these dungeons and they always contain 5X Gold Bars in each spot. I found 110 Gold Bars in one trip. Also, every box a Pokémon drops in these places will either be 5X Gold Bars or Gold Ribbons.

  21. #1071

    Default

    I beat this game... And let's say that i cried... IT WAS AMAZING! I think this is the best of all of them.
        Spoiler:- Huge story spoilers:

  22. #1072
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Must....not..click....spoilers...

    Man I had a feeling but:
        Spoiler:- Story spoilers:


    And I swear, Oshawott's "sad" expression has to be 3 times as sad as everyone else's "sad" expression. It just looks like it had the worst day ever every time.

  23. #1073
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    I beat this game... And let's say that i cried... IT WAS AMAZING! I think this is the best of all of them.
        Spoiler:- Huge story spoilers:
    This game really did an excellent job of emphasizing the bond between not just you and your partner, but all of the other Pokemon you befriended.

        Spoiler:- Ending spoiler:

  24. #1074
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    629

    Default

    So, I've just beaten the main game (I, too, found the ending quite sad.) and have gotten a little ways into the after-game. I have to say, while I enjoyed this game a lot I still think Explorers of Sky was better. To me, the overall story of EOS was better and deeper than Gates to Infinity's. There are also a few other things that bug me, such as:

    1. Lack of genders - That was just plain stupid and I see no reason why they were, or should have been excluded.

    2. Only one mission at a time - This is probably what got on my nerves the most, because of this it takes FOREVER to gather materials to build/upgrade facilities.

    3. No hunger in the majority of dungeons - Yes, I actually liked the hunger mechanic from the past games. I feel it made the games a bit more challenging (Something GTI wasn't, at least for me.) and added more depth to the gameplay.

    4. Lack of IQ Skills and Gummis - I don't know about you, but this was one of my favorite mechanics from the old games. Building up enough IQ points to get a new skill (Especially when you got to the higher-up ones.) was a very gratifying feeling. I realize the Team Skills were kind of a replacement, but you get them randomly and so infrequently. I much prefer finding the semi-common Gummis or getting them from missions.

    ...I think that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad by any stretch of the word. It's a fantastic game, I just think it's a little inferior.

    Protip, Chunsoft: Fix/Bring back the above, keep the Team Attack, move levels and a system like the Paradise and you'll have yourself a dang near perfect game.

    EDIT: Also, does anyone know if the old Wondermail rescuing system is still intact, or was it replaced by the Reviver Seed thing?
    Last edited by AscendingFire; 28th March 2013 at 8:36 AM.

    Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

  25. #1075
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Potato
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    The old SOS Mail for rescuing others has indeed been replaced by the inferior streetpass system, which is good in theory in places like Japan where everyone carries a 3DS with them, but terrible for the rest of the world, where people are lucky if they get one streetpass a day.

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •