Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1439

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Well add that to the list, I guess. I wonder if they only consider how things like this will work in Japan.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    So, I've just beaten the main game (I, too, found the ending quite sad.) and have gotten a little ways into the after-game. I have to say, while I enjoyed this game a lot I still think Explorers of Sky was better. To me, the overall story of EOS was better and deeper than Gates to Infinity's. There are also a few other things that bug me, such as:

1. Lack of genders - That was just plain stupid and I see no reason why they were, or should have been excluded.

2. Only one mission at a time - This is probably what got on my nerves the most, because of this it takes FOREVER to gather materials to build/upgrade facilities.

3. No hunger in the majority of dungeons - Yes, I actually liked the hunger mechanic from the past games. I feel it made the games a bit more challenging (Something GTI wasn't, at least for me.) and added more depth to the gameplay.

4. Lack of IQ Skills and Gummis - I don't know about you, but this was one of my favorite mechanics from the old games. Building up enough IQ points to get a new skill (Especially when you got to the higher-up ones.) was a very gratifying feeling. I realize the Team Skills were kind of a replacement, but you get them randomly and so infrequently. I much prefer finding the semi-common Gummis or getting them from missions.

...I think that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad by any stretch of the word. It's a fantastic game, I just think it's a little inferior.

Protip, Chunsoft: Fix/Bring back the above, keep the Team Attack, move levels and a system like the Paradise and you'll have yourself a dang near perfect game.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if the old Wondermail rescuing system is still intact, or was it replaced by the Reviver Seed thing?
    There's also:

- Smaller Pokemon roster / Significantly smaller Starter roster
    - No grinding endgame dungeons to recruit bosses
    - Many, many, many other, smaller things that I've beaten to death over the course of this topic, lol.

I agree, though. I wouldn't say "fantastic," but I'd call it a very good game, at least. Just not up to par with Sky. The majority of people who prefer it over Sky (in fact, everyone who does) seems to do so not because of the gameplay mechanics, but really because of the story.

Personally, where I am in the story,
        Spoiler:- Minor Spoilers, We All Saw This Coming:

and I find the story to be noticably weaker than the Explorers games so far, mainly do to the fact that there is no really defined plot yet, and the story has been so predictable and cheerful so far, with no real plot twists or sense of impending doom. For all I know, though, I'm still really early in, since I don't know how long this game is.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    Personally, where I am in the story,
        Spoiler:- Minor Spoilers, We All Saw This Coming:

and I find the story to be noticably weaker than the Explorers games so far, mainly do to the fact that there is no really defined plot yet, and the story has been so predictable and cheerful so far, with no real plot twists or sense of impending doom. For all I know, though, I'm still really early in, since I don't know how long this game is.
    You are right where the plot really picks up, keep going.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

- Smaller Pokemon roster / Significantly smaller Starter roster
    I forgot about that one, I could think of quite a few Pokémon (Zorua, Cubchoo, Golett, Pawniard... I guess Pawniard was already a character in the game, but you get the point.) that would be great candidates for starters.

I agree, though. I wouldn't say "fantastic," but I'd call it a very good game, at least. Just not up to par with Sky. The majority of people who prefer it over Sky (in fact, everyone who does) seems to do so not because of the gameplay mechanics, but really because of the story.
    Fantastic may have been a strong word, but it was still good. I guess I was expecting for it to live up to Sky and that's why it seems a little lackluster.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Just got an arc hen :3. Now is it possible to evolve them and how do you do it? I just set up the Oran Berry thing, and have just about finished the two new Dungeons, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    I forgot about that one, I could think of quite a few Pokémon (Zorua, Cubchoo, Golett, Pawniard... I guess Pawniard was already a character in the game, but you get the point.) that would be great candidates for starters.
    I think, in the Gen VI PMD, they can redeem themselves with the following formula: all 18 Starter Pokemon, and 1 Misc. Representative from each gen, for 24 Starters total. Also, all 700+ Pokemon, of course. This may seem like asking for a lot, but let's be fair here: If X and Y can handle 3D models of every Pokemon, much more animated, and fuller 3D environments, then a game that randomly generates its levels can easily handle this.

Here's my take on the gen reps:
    Gen 1: Pikachu (I don't like Pikachu, but let's be fair here, it's the series mascot)
    Gen 2: Swinub (Fairly popular, adorable, and Mamoswine is badass)
    Gen 3: Skitty (For a more feminine option)
    Gen 4: Riolu (Prevo of Gen 4's mascot)
    Gen 5: Scraggy (GTI's raised his popularity, and people have loved the line before. I didn't choose Zorua because his ability would be weird on a starter)

Then a rep from Gen 6.
    My Shinies:

Mienfoo and zorua would have been good starters, as they are in the game, but I'm not bothered. After all, this game is the best PMD out of all of them. It avoided the overcrowding issue that the last PMD had, had a amazing story that had very unpredictable turns and twists, and had a soundtrack that beat Ys I and II on the TGCD in terms of amazing quality. The only problem is I can't play it as

Spoiler:- GIGANTIC EVENT:

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    Mienfoo and zorua would have been good starters, as they are in the game, but I'm not bothered. After all, this game is the best PMD out of all of them. It avoided the overcrowding issue that the last PMD had, had a amazing story that had very unpredictable turns and twists, and had a soundtrack that beat Ys I and II on the TGCD in terms of amazing quality. The only problem is I can't play it as
    While I understand those points (not the story, but I may later), none of them make up for the fact that the gameplay's not up to par with previous titles, imo. Quite frankly, I can play a game with no story, no music and horrible graphics as long as the gameplay's amazing. Similarily, if a game has amazing story, music and graphics, but the gameplay is horrible, then we have a horrible game on our hands.

The gameplay in GTI isn't horrible, though, it's good. Compared to the previous games, though, it's a lot simpler, by extent not as challenging, removes grinding (I admit that this may be a good thing to some, but I enjoy grinding in my RPGs), makes it impossible to balance teams or tell what level your backup Pokemon are (the shared EXP system is horrendous), the ability to only do one mission at a time makes it slow, tedious, and again detracts from the challenge, and the lack of a Hunger or IQ system for the majority of the game takes out a lot of the preparation and tactics needed to succeed.

That's my opinion on it, and of course I respect yours, but to me, the superior game is the one with better gameplay. No level of graphics or music can change that.
    My Shinies:

The only gripes I have about the gameplay are the number of Pokemon and being able to take only one mission at a time. Otherwise, I prefer it to the past games.

Spoiler:- GIGANTIC EVENT:
    There isn't, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 28th March 2013 at 11:34 PM.

For the sake of not sounding like I think this game is the Antichrist reborn, I have, actually, discovered another new feature that I greatly enjoy: I love what they did with the weather.

+ Weather only appears on set floors, instead of at complete random
    + Weather prevents natural healing for any Pokemon, adding a new level of difficulty and adding new factors to consider
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The only gripes I have about the gameplay are the number of Pokemon and being able to take only one mission at a time. Otherwise, I prefer it to the past games.

There isn't, unfortunately.

Darn it...

I guess I'll have to do it Ys style: Put my partner, hydregion and a pawniard I nicknamed Adol on a team to go get it over with...

[SPOILER=PMD ending again]
    I'm going to say no the first time, just to see my suffering. And the reason I am putting Adol on my team is because the ending of this game reminds me of the intro scene of Ys II.

i am having quite a hard time choosing which 2 of the 5 starters i should use. ive tried an axew and tepig combo, but i wasnt enjoying axew so much. Then i did a pikachu and Oshawott combo, but had a hard time against grass types.

now im a tepig and i have a pikachu partner, but im not sure how long it will last.

Maybe they'll give us a free "starter pokemon" DLC in the future for more options.

This is a coincidence...

Spoiler:- Ending:

I chose axew with pikachu as my partner. been a really good team so far.

my biggest annoyance with the game so far is when you need rescuing, you have to use street pass. it's pretty impossible to find people with the same game as me to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtastic View Post
    I chose axew with pikachu as my partner. been a really good team so far.

my biggest annoyance with the game so far is when you need rescuing, you have to use street pass. it's pretty impossible to find people with the same game as me to help me out.
    In my area I actually get a ton of streetpasses... Plus I have a friend with the game. So I am OK if I desperately need rescuing, but I prefer the wi-fi rescues more

Ok, I think we can safely chalk up the lack of gender choice in the NoA release due to obscene amounts of laziness/pushing the game's release too early.

If their backwards-*** gender views was the issue, I'm preeeetttttttttyyyyyy sure Meloetta wouldn't be so openly...hermaphroditic. I gotta admit, that kind of blindsided me...and I was a tad weirded out with the third person "Prince" and "Princess" stuff. Hahahahahaha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than that, quite enjoy the story so far, just finished the pre-credits adventure, so now it's time for post-credits adventure! Love the story and I won't say the story being worse than Explorers makes this game worse as a result. I mean, let's be honest here, those games set the bar pretty bloody high. Even an excellent job wouldn't have reached its height. But I guess I should wait till the whole story is over before I make this claim. Hahahaha.

This is a coincidence...

Spoiler:- Late game spoiler:
    Last edited by Rakurai; 29th March 2013 at 6:08 AM.

This is a coincidence...

Everything about that guy in the post-game is funny.

Spoiler:- Post Credits:
    3DS FC: 3652 0647 7573
    Friend Safari: Electric Type-Helioptile, Pachirisu, Zebstrika

Spoiler:- BAD ENDING DETAILS:

Am I the only one who actually LOVES the Virizion and Espeon in this game? They are so... filled with personality
    Last edited by hawkmbl; 29th March 2013 at 3:13 AM.

Ugh...four dungeons in a row to get to Glacier Palace....I don't know how I got out of there without dying at least once.

Has anyone had Drilbur appear in their paradise before?

He apparently has a random chance to show up next to a lot (Occupied or empty), and will offer to dig for treasure there if you pay him (Which will destroy any facilities there). You then get a chance to go claim the treasure the next day which requires you to go through a special level 5 dungeon, from what I've heard.

I just finished the first real "plot twist" which, I don't know about the rest of you, but I saw it coming a mile away. On the other hand, I also made it to the first Desert Dungeon, and I have to give credit where it's due, that is some catchy music.

For those wondering what said plot twist I'm referring to is...

Spoiler:- Predictable Plot Twist:

Regardless, the story itself gets some props from me, and I won't compare it to Sky's until I've beaten it, other than the fact that the overall length of the story mode, if I'm as far as I think I am, seems to be about half of Sky's. I do think they did well portraying the Pokemon's reactions to one of the revelations.

Spoiler:- Right Before Final Stretch, I Think...:

So, let's add to my ever expanding checklist.

+ Great music
    + Realistic character reactions (moreso than most E-rated games, at least)

- One predictable plot twist
    - One out of nowhere and stupid as hell plot twist

Edit: I also feel a need to point out that the excess of Lampents and Chandelures in this current dungeon is extremely unfair to anyone who chose Tepig as a starter. This game's lucky that I enjoy challenge...
    Last edited by Rayze Darr; 29th March 2013 at 11:43 AM.
    My Shinies:

Spoiler:- Obvious story spoilers:

Spoiler:- Response to Spoilers Above:

I am enjoying this final stretch of plot so far, but I swear, if this game ends on a "The power of positive thinking can change the world!" speech...

Edit: As a side note, I wouldn't count this against the game that much, given that all the previous PMD games have also had unfittingly happy endings. There, I gave a complaint about Explorers of Sky; the ending sucks.
    Last edited by Rayze Darr; 29th March 2013 at 1:18 PM.
    My Shinies:

Spoiler:- End:

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast