Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

I'll try to be Snivy as a starter, and I'm deciding between Oshawott and Axew for Partner. There is no way those other two are ever even coming close of getting on my team, other than completion purposes.

This is in no way the ending list, there have got to be some more partners coming. (Cubchoo, Zorua, Munna, Drifloon, Ralts, Elektrike)

EDIT: Rank Up! Yes! That's two badgesM
    Last edited by dirkac; 19th September 2012 at 6:06 AM.

It just occurred to me that if Pokemon still have both of their abilities available, Blitzle is going to be godlike in any dungeon with electric types around, since it would be getting a speed increase AND a special attack increase if anything uses an electric move while it's around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It just occurred to me that if Pokemon still have both of their abilities available, Blitzle is going to be godlike in any dungeon with electric types around, since it would be getting a speed increase AND a special attack increase if anything uses an electric move while it's around.
    Well, it's not as bad as Bronzong having no Weakness, despite already being a wall.

I think the ''Taking a photo of your face'' is just an extra thing or something, and it's not gonna entirely replace the personality test. Just like the Aura Check thingy in the Explorers games. But we better wait for more information.

What would be better than that is Klinklang, with Plus and Minus .

Now that I think of it, Sigilyph will be good, given that Magic Guard and Wonder Skin almost give it a complete immunity to status.

IKR? I'm so getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Well, it's not as bad as Bronzong having no Weakness, despite already being a wall.
    Nothing has no weaknesses, some just require you to get around their immunities. In Bronzong's case, you can use Gravity, Mold Breaker, Smack Down, and maybe a few others. Hell, there's a lot of ways to get around Levitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    What would be better than that is Klinklang, with Plus and Minus .
    Not really, no. You'd need another Pokemon that has one of the two, and I think they'll make it so if you have both, you can't power yourself up.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 19th September 2012 at 4:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not really, no. You'd need another Pokemon that has one of the two, and I think they'll make it so if you have both, you can't power yourself up.
    I WAS joking, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I WAS joking, you know...
    No, I didn't know that.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'll have Oshawott as my partner if no other ones are available. Tepig and Axew are boring and I'm really sick of Snivy.

There will probably be one ability per pokemon, with the dream world ones being rare. Riolu's abilities cancel each other out...

Quote Originally Posted by FireHawkDelta View Post
    There will probably be one ability per pokemon, with the dream world ones being rare. Riolu's abilities cancel each other out...
    Actually, Steadfast activates when the Pokémon cringes in Mystery Dungeon, too, meaning it technically has a use.

Quote Originally Posted by FireHawkDelta View Post
    That's not what they've done in the past, and I see no reason for them to change that now.

Has anyone noticed something with the dungeon crawling pics on the main site? No past generation Pokemon. Just 5th generation. Other than Pikachu, of course. That's pretty concerning, as it might be an indirect confirmation of no past generation starter Pokemon being available. Oh! And I've also noticed no gender symbols next to the Pokemon names. No more genders for the Pokemon either? Just throwin' stuff out there. :P

EDIT: Well, now that I think about it... there are past generation Pokemon that have been shown outside of dungeons... Maybe them not being seen in any of the current dungeon pics is just a coincidence. I'll try and overlook that. x)
    Last edited by ManhattanTheStarr; 19th September 2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    Has anyone noticed something with the dungeon crawling pics on the main site? No past generation Pokemon. Just 5th generation. Other than Pikachu, of course. That's pretty concerning, as it might be an indirect confirmation of no past generation starter Pokemon being available. Oh! And I've also noticed no gender symbols next to the Pokemon names. No more genders for the Pokemon either? Just throwin' stuff out there. :P
    Didn't they show a Dunsparse in the trailor? It was like by a river or something. Actually that does look like a starting town.

Just checked and they showed Espeon, Kecleon, and Umbreon. But in the dungeons you're right only 5th gen Pokemon were shown. I doubt that there will only be 5th generation Pokemon in dungeons. If it does end up that there's only 5th gen in dungeons, it will be a very short game and I won't buy it if that's the case.
    Last edited by *IZ*; 19th September 2012 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post

EDIT: Well, now that I think about it... there are past generation Pokemon that have been shown outside of dungeons... Maybe them not being seen in any of the current dungeon pics is just a coincidence. I'll try and overlook that. x)
    Actually, in the trailer, at 0:40, you can see the team fighting a Jolteon inside a dungeon. Might be post-game, but i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Nothing has no weaknesses, some just require you to get around their immunities. In Bronzong's case, you can use Gravity, Mold Breaker, Smack Down, and maybe a few others. Hell, there's a lot of ways to get around Levitate.
    I meant without any moves or items, like Spiritomb, it has a weakness if Odor Sleuth or Foresight is used.

My face when I heard the news

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Let's be honest but they missed a potential plot in the 2 previous PMDs (tampered but not strengthened). A character romance development. (Only applicable if the partner's gender is opposite to the hero's gender.) Male x Female pair / Female x Male pair.

What do I mean by this? I mean, shouldn't they like ... take the romance and spiritual development to the next level? That means, we can encounter or play a scene where you, the hero proposes to your female partner that they shall be mates (Same as vice versa)? That means, we get a marriage scene. And some days later, your wife bears an egg. Then a couple days later, the egg hatches and their child was born.

Cmon! If you read pokemon mystery dungeon fanfics, most to some of them are romanced based with a "male x female" pair.

Promote this plot for an even happier ending

While they did it with Manaphy in PMD 2, shouldn't they do the same in Magnagate? I mean, how about, as a male hero, become a father raising your child? Or as a female heroine, bear the seeds of your male partner? Perhaps make it a bit like a mini sims game (Only the family. No other else)

Make it blossom Chunsoft and Gamefreak. That's what spin offs are for. Right? Something completely new and not available in the already popular Main series. PMD is rated T+ worthy.

Anyways: here are my debates for the other candidates and the partner genders.

Legend:
    (******) - Partner's gender (some are partners only)
    [******] - Hero/ine's gender (ranges from both, Starter only, to male / female only)
    Kanto:
    -Bulbasaur (male) ; [both]
    -Charmander (male) ; [both]
    -Squirtle (male) ; [both]
    -Pikachu (male) ; [both]
    -Cubone (male) ; [male only]
    -Eevee (female) ; [female only]
    -Vulpix (female) ; [female only]
    -Meowth (male partner only)

Johto
    -Chikorita (Female) ; [both]
    -Cyndaquill (Male) ; [both]
    -Totodile (Male) ; [both]
    -Mareep (Female) ; [female only]
    -Phanphy (male) ; [male only]

Hoenn
    -Treecko (male) ; [both]
    -Torchic (female) ; [both]
    -Mudkip (male) ; [both]
    -Ralts (female) ; [both]
    -Skitty (female) ; [female only]
    -Snorunt (female partner only)
    -Trapinch (female) ; [both]

Sinnoh
    -Turtwig (male) ; [both]
    -Chimchar (male) ; [both]
    -Piplup (female) ; [both]
    -Shinx (male) ; [male only]
    -Riolu (male) ; [male only]
    -Munchlax (male partner only)
    -Buneary (female partner only)
    -Pachirisu (male partner only)

Unova
    -Snivy (female) ; [both]
    -Oshawott (male) ; [both]
    -Tepig (male) ; [both]
    -Minccino (female) ; [female only]
    -Axew (male) ; [male only]
    -Emolga (female partner only)
    -Zorua (male) ; [both]
    -Cubchoo (male) ; [male only]

If you listen to track 4 of the music in the japanese site of Magnagate, someting tells me that track 4's equivalent would be those of the Time Gear Music in the Explorers saga. Does it mean we have another relic to discover and protect? PMD and Fifth Generation is theoretically starting to become like Legend of Zelda. Seriously, I have a theroretical comparison below.

I'll be honest with you guys. In PMD2, the importance and power of the "Time Gears" (governs the world's time. when taken away to the tower, the planet enters he dark age known as the paralysis) is very similar to the power and value of the "Triforce" in "The Legend of Zelda" series (Once all 3 pieces of the Triforce are obtained, one can obtain anything they want whether it would be peace or evil. It depends on the user like Link and Ganondorf).

That's all I can say. but really, Pokemon in general is evolving like how his 2 mentors, Mario and Link, did over 25 to 30 years
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

While a slight romance could work (Doubt it though), i don't think the whole marriage thing would work well at all. I'd rather have little hints at romance than take it that far.

Anyways, since everyone else is doing it, starter predictions go

Gen I
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Pikachu
    Cubone (Seriously, it needs to return)
    Meowth
    Eevee
    Vulpix
    Machop
    Psyduck

Gen II
    Chikorita
    Totodile
    Cyndaquil
    Phanpy

Gen III
    Treecko
    Mudkip
    Torchic
    Skitty
    Ralts
    Zigzagoon

Gen IV
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Riolu
    Shinx
    Munchlax

Gen V
    Snivy
    Tepig
    Oshawott
    Axew
    Minccino

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    While a slight romance could work (Doubt it though), i don't think the whole marriage thing would work well at all. I'd rather have little hints at romance than take it that far.
    If it will be rated as E for everyone. But sometimes PMD has some rated T themes in it hidden in a friendlier form.

At least do what they did with Manaphy, you and your partner will raise an egg found in the dungeon . obtained from someone. The hatchling becomes an important character. Baby Victini as the next baby Manaphy? I mean, this can work like adopted child raised by both of you.

You know, A father and mother raising their adopted kid.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Let's be honest but they missed a potential plot in the 2 previous PMDs (tampered but not strengthened). A character romance development. (Only applicable if the partner's gender is opposite to the hero's gender.) Male x Female pair / Female x Male pair.

What do I mean by this? I mean, shouldn't they like ... take the romance and spiritual development to the next level? That means, we can encounter or play a scene where you, the hero proposes to your female partner that they shall be mates (Same as vice versa)? That means, we get a marriage scene. And some days later, your wife bears an egg. Then a couple days later, the egg hatches and their child was born.

Cmon! If you read pokemon mystery dungeon fanfics, most to some of them are romanced based with a "male x female" pair.

While they did it with Manaphy in PMD 2, shouldn't they do the same in Magnagate? I mean, how about, as a male hero, become a father raising your child? Or as a female heroine, bear the seeds of your male partner? Perhaps make it a bit like a mini sims game (Only the family. No other else)

Make it blossom Chunsoft and Gamefreak. That's what spin offs are for. Right? Something completely new and not available in the already popular Main series. PMD is rated T+ worthy.

They're never going to do something like this. Pokemon is meant to be E rated, maybe E10 at best. They're not going to add in explicit romantic themes like that, usually just brief mentions and vague hints like they do with GrovyleXCelebi. That's just about the best you can hope for.

Yeah... These aren't Harvest moon games, that idea wouldn't really work for these games, don't get me wrong though, the little romantic subtext between the Grovyle and Celebi and even between the hero and partner were pretty much my favorite part of the games! and for the record, I'd love it to no end if this new one was even heavier with the stuff! heck, make them a canon romantic couple by the end of the game! but the idea you're going with wouldn't really work for this type of game.

They're never going to do something like this. Pokemon is meant to be E rated, maybe E10 at best. They're not going to add in explicit romantic themes like that, usually just brief mentions and vague hints like they do with GrovyleXCelebi. That's just about the best you can hope for.
    Actually Bolt, the idea he's going with wouldn't necessarily chance the games rating, that's part of the point to the Harvest moon games, aside from growing crops and raising animals, the game encourages you to get married and raise your own family, and those games are a perfect E, heck most of the Anime and manga pointed to little girls are usually centered around romance anyway. Again, however, the getting married and having a child thing wouldn't work for the PMD series.
    Last edited by Foxtrek; 20th September 2012 at 8:15 PM.

[SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]What do I mean by this? I mean, shouldn't they like ... take the romance and spiritual development to the next level? That means, we can encounter or play a scene where you, the hero proposes to your female partner that they shall be mates (Same as vice versa)? That means, we get a marriage scene. And some days later, your wife bears an egg. Then a couple days later, the egg hatches and their child was born.
    I've been having male partners for the past Mystery Dungeon games, and to be honest, I'd prefer the platonic relationship. Although the protagonist romance is an interesting idea, I agree with the others that it probably wouldn't work too well since we don't have set characters/genders.

I actually plan on finally having a female partner this time around, so if there were to be any romance in this game as how you described it, I surely wouldn't be able to see it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrek View Post
    Actually Bolt, the idea he's going with wouldn't necessarily chance the games rating, that's part of the point to the Harvest moon games, aside from growing crops and raising animals, the game encourages you to get married and raise your own family, and those games are a perfect E, heck most of the Anime and manga pointed to little girls are usually centered around romance anyway. Again, however, the getting married and having a child thing wouldn't work for the PMD series.
    True, but most children at that age aren't interested in romance, so there's no point in putting it there.

I agree with Bolt, there shouldn't really be any, since it's aimed for kids. And if there were going to be romantic hints with the partner and hero, it should be implanted in the game, regardless of the gender of your Pokemon.

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast