Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Love that agreement. This PMD 3 is taking lesson references from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, The Sims series, and some colonization history too. like it very much

And ... just as I UNEXPECTEDLY THOUGHT, a romantic relationship blooms with the two (Female Pikachu and Male Oshawott). Something tells me this is officially the most ROMANCED Pokemon game ever!
    Oh god not this again

Meh. As long as you can actually choose the genders I'll be happy. (Torchic. Don't EVER be a guy again)

Love that agreement. This PMD 3 is taking lesson references from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, The Sims series, and some colonization history too. like it very much

And ... just as I UNEXPECTEDLY THOUGHT, a romantic relationship blooms with the two (Female Pikachu and Male Oshawott). Something tells me this is officially the most ROMANCED Pokemon game ever!
    That would be very disturbing don't you think? A human falling in love with a Pokemon.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    That would be very disturbing don't you think? A human falling in love with a Pokemon.
    You should've seen the argyment we had about this a few pages back ._.

Anyway, I hope with all atoms in my body that Friend Areas make a return.
    I LOVED THEM.

Lol, I hope they aren't very expensive. I remember I had to save up a lot of money for just one.

So, apparently, according to the main page, you can also get the other starters via passwords.

Huh. Well, that's odd. Pokémon Rumble comes to mind for some reason.

Honestly with as little as we know I'm just hoping for 649 pokemon.

[img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Shuam View Post
    Honestly with as little as we know I'm just hoping for 649 pokemon.
    Serebii stated before that every Mystery Dungeon game has had all Pokemon. So, no need to worry there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    So, apparently, according to the main page, you can also get the other starters via passwords.

Huh. Well, that's odd. Pokémon Rumble comes to mind for some reason.
    I said that's a possibility, it could be items compared to them.

They've also done passwords before:
    http://www.serebii.net/dungeon3/password.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Lol, I hope they aren't very expensive. I remember I had to save up a lot of money for just one.
    I bought Pokemon Rumble for 34.99 but since mystery dungeons are pretty popular it might be 39.99 since it's also on the 3DS. It won't be less than 34.99 though, im pretty sure.

I bought Pokemon Rumble for 34.99 but since mystery dungeons are pretty popular it might be 39.99 since it's also on the 3DS. It won't be less than 34.99 though, im pretty sure.
    I think he was talking about friend areas. ^-^; If he was, I agree though. Friend areas were cool and all, but also kinda annoying, especially with the crazy prices. I'm hoping we can still just recruit Pokemon without worrying about those things... But they would be interesting with the 3d, so I wouldn't complain if they did have them.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

I'm kind of hoping that in addition to having the Pokemon you recruit run shops, you can also have some of them just linger around in town as residents.

It always felt kind of awkward to me that you and your partner were the only team members who actually lived in town.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Oh god not this again

Meh. As long as you can actually choose the genders I'll be happy. (Torchic. Don't EVER be a guy again)
    You should've seen the argyment we had about this a few pages back ._.

Anyway, I hope with all atoms in my body that Friend Areas make a return.
    I LOVED THEM.
    For me, after watching the trailers, so much no.

Why, the 'said' Pokemon paradise is like seriously getting hints from harvest moon games.

And what I mean by that is that if Chunsoft, unintentionally, sent a message through their trailer that a relationship option is found in the game mechanics (and some of the gameplay may be mixed from harvest moon games, which means romance and love may or may not be inevitable), that means that falling in love with a pokemon as a "human becoming pokemon" would not be so alien after all (recall the amnesia factor).

Note that I involved harvest moon gameplay elements in this since the trailer is showing small details of it

So this is A pokemon harvest moon game with mystery dungeons to the mix. Much like rune factory 9a harest moon spin off)
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    That was pretty bad yeah. Though I found it a good way to waste time, and it kept me playing too.

For me, after watching the trailers, so much no.

Why, the 'said' Pokemon paradise is like seriously getting hints from harvest moon games.

And what I mean by that is that if Chunsoft, unintentionally, sent a message through their trailer that a relationship option is found in the game mechanics (and some of the gameplay may be mixed from harvest moon games, which means romance and love may or may not be inevitable), that means that falling in love with a pokemon as a "human becoming pokemon" would not be so alien after all (recall the amnesia factor).

Note that I involved harvest moon gameplay elements in this since the trailer is showing small details of it

So this is A pokemon harvest moon game with mystery dungeons to the mix. Much like rune factory 9a harest moon spin off)
    Okay! I still don't think this'll get implemented... But if it does I'll be forcing myself to pick Pikawott or Tepixew :P

DANGIT NINTENDO STOP HYPING ME WITH THOSE TRAILERS

No srsly, this game is looking AWESOME. It may even beat PMD2 in terms of story (Doubt it, but still). I can't wait for this to be released in Europe.

But if it doesn't, i'm going to simply murder someone now.

Okay! I still don't think this'll get implemented... But if it does I'll be forcing myself to pick Pikawott or Tepixew :P
    Alright! take a frostlass chill! No need to erupt about this kind of relations (are most of the western people I've chat with are hiding some form of pessimism? Maybe social communication history relates to it. From what I learned in early social history so far, eastern nations had a much more optimistic lifestyle compared to western places holding a lot to struggling lifestyles. Of course these are merely afterthought opinions from the lesson I had in school).

Back at the topic...

But let us say that you may agree (with me) that constructing the "Pokemon Paradise" and finding Friend Areas has some Harvest Moon - esque similarity [or "The Sims"]. But since you still fight in mystery dungeons (PMD is a Roguelike Genre if you know that), it now has a pinch of that Rune Factory feeling (farming plants on your farm and slaying monsters in dungeons).

Uhhh ... Pikachu as female and Oshawott as male (trailer reference) [not bad]. At least THIS female Pikachu will hopefully separates her from Ash's Pikachu or Red's Pikachu. Maybe she may act like Samus Ararn (No way this is possible. Smash Bros Brawl Reference)

All I can say is just to be patient. I mean ... the obtained starters are not yet official (proof came from coro coro magazine. One pic shows a badge to 2 other pokes. Minccino and Petilli). There may just be more ... but will only be relealed somewhere this november as the japanese version. The one I gve comment is an "If statement ..." (C++ language)

But ... is your pairing style in PMD more of "HO YAY" (same gender) or "LES YAY"[different genre] (see them on Tv Tropes)?

So we do only get a choice of five starters/partners. That's severely annoying. The Pokémon franchise has been saturated by those five Pokémon over the past two years (fifteen for Pikachu, I suppose). I'm so surprised that that's all we're getting. It's great that we can choose the genders, but I don't see that as an acceptable substitute.

I guess there's some small chance that the full game will feature more, but it's quite unlikely. It would have been mentioned before, right?

e: Since the demo save data can be transferred to the game itself, we're definitely not getting more starters. :/

Alright! take a frostlass chill! No need to erupt about this kind of relations (are most of the western people I've chat with are hiding some form of pessimism? Maybe social communication history relates to it. From what I learned in early social history so far, eastern nations had a much more optimistic lifestyle compared to western places holding a lot to struggling lifestyles. Of course these are merely afterthought opinions from the lesson I had in school).

Back at the topic...

But let us say that you may agree (with me) that constructing the "Pokemon Paradise" and finding Friend Areas has some Harvest Moon - esque similarity [or "The Sims"]. But since you still fight in mystery dungeons (PMD is a Roguelike Genre if you know that), it now has a pinch of that Rune Factory feeling (farming plants on your farm and slaying monsters in dungeons).

Uhhh ... Pikachu as female and Oshawott as male (trailer reference) [not bad]. At least THIS female Pikachu will hopefully separates her from Ash's Pikachu or Red's Pikachu. Maybe she may act like Samus Ararn (No way this is possible. Smash Bros Brawl Reference)

All I can say is just to be patient. I mean ... the obtained starters are not yet official (proof came from coro coro magazine. One pic shows a badge to 2 other pokes. Minccino and Petilli). There may just be more ... but will only be relealed somewhere this november as the japanese version. The one I gve comment is an "If statement ..." (C++ language)

But ... is your pairing style in PMD more of "HO YAY" (same gender) or "LES YAY"[different genre] (see them on Tv Tropes)?
    What the **** is this post?
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 7th November 2012 at 6:05 PM.

So you can choose your partner's gender. A minor, but welcome change for the people who find the idea of having certain partner Pokemon as female rather awkward.

I'm also kind of curious as to what importance Munna has in the story, as well, especially considering that the world is supposedly a dream. The fact that Hydreigon was harassing it certainly is making it look like a bad guy at this point.

Ahh more news. It's good we can change our partner's gender. That's making me wonder if I should make one of them a girl. I'm so used to Ash's Snivy, I don't like male Snivy. *Sigh* I have no clue as of now of what to do.

I definitely want to have a female Snivy as well.

I'm torn between whether she'd be my character or partner, though.

I want Snivy to be my character, since its species are my favorite Starter evolution family. But, I still haven't made up my mind on who's going to be my partner.

I too really want Snivy as my character, but a male one. If Snivy ends up as my partner for some strange reason, i guess both genders could work.

As other possible partners, i guess Axew or Oshawott.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    So we do only get a choice of five starters/partners. That's severely annoying. The Pokémon franchise has been saturated by those five Pokémon over the past two years (fifteen for Pikachu, I suppose). I'm so surprised that that's all we're getting. It's great that we can choose the genders, but I don't see that as an acceptable substitute.

I guess there's some small chance that the full game will feature more, but it's quite unlikely. It would have been mentioned before, right?

e: Since the demo save data can be transferred to the game itself, we're definitely not getting more starters. :/

What the **** is this post?
    They might as well let you pick the Pokemon that you want to play as if there's only 5.

I didn't watch the new trailer all the way through so I missed the conformation that Zekrom and reshiram are in the game (though it was painfully obvious ever since Kyurem was confirmed). I wonder if they will take advantage of Kyurem's alternate forms?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I hope that all of us still know that that "there are only 5 staters" is NOT YET OFFICIAL! They did the same with the explorers saga. Just sinnoh starters and pikachu in the demo before release. Many starters to choose at the release date.

speaing of snivy (very seductively sexy starter), the snake with the "fleur de lys" (search da vinci code) tail would be the most feminine of all the current 5 choices.

But who knows, we MAY have more staters at all. Just waiting to be revealed (Minccino and Petillil from the magazine a few days ago shows possible proof of more selectable starters)

Back at the topic...

And from what viewpoint am I western? You just insulted yourself by calling me western.

Samus Ararn (spelled wrong) isn't even from SSB.

Okay, back on topic...

I believe that there will be more starters, as the way the starters are now, it's incredibly unbalanced, and like Jireh said, the same thing happened in the other PMD games (well, at least explorers).

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast