Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    Here's how I would react:

I would become as angry as AVGN, as frustrated as someone who died on ninja gaiden a thousand times, and rage as bad as I could. The last story DID eventually come out in NA, but at first it didn't. It's just with NOA's habit of not localizing lately, I've been worried sick... Even more so than Pokemon conquest. (BTW, how long did it take from JP launch to be confirmed for NA? it was a 3 month release period so if we are lucky we may have it out in February.. Maybe.

Also, on YT and other sites, people are saying it's coming out in april or june... Yet no one has confirmed anything... Which is true? I've been worrying myself sick about this in school lately too. (Yes, a Pokemon spinoff worried me more than a main game, THAT'S how awesome this game is to me... The best game I've ever played is Ys I and II on the TG CD, and this seems to be better)

Neither is true or false. There is no date yetr

Hopefully it'll come in Feburary... Pokepark 2 came out in November in JP and came to the Us in 3 months!

Any idea how can you get the Kami Trio in this game? Serebii's Pokemon Listing states that they are "Mission Gift", presumably meaning some mission from Azumarill. But any idea how can i recognize the mission with them? Hints like how many stars does it have or how many floors would have been helpful.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oncoming Storm View Post
    Yeah is pikachu a forced pokemon? I wan't to be something else!
    Actually you have 5 Pokemons available in the game to pick up, not only Pikachu. And you can choose your starter instead of answering all those questions like in the past games.

The 5 Pokemon availabe are: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Axew and Pikachu.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 18th December 2012 at 3:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Any idea how can you get the Kami Trio in this game? Serebii's Pokemon Listing states that they are "Mission Gift", presumably meaning some mission from Azumarill. But any idea how can i recognize the mission with them? Hints like how many stars does it have or how many floors would have been helpful.

Thanks.
    They appear in this game's equivalent of the Golden Rooms from Explorers.

If you take a mission with a high mystery level, you'll have a higher chance of entering one of those areas, but only one particular dungeon is capable of having each of them, all of them post story dungeons.

A bit of clarification on the 'warped' dungeons. Any dungeon post game with a high 'mystery' level is capable of warping you, and apparently, there are 5 possibilities as listed below. Take note that 6 of the post-game dungeons are special in that, 2 kinds of important 'warps' are possible through them. These are the Quiet Tundra, Dream Island, the Moonlight Forest, Iron Rust Mountain, Large Pit, Smokey Mountain.

1) You get warped to a dungeon with the exact same name, but conditions are reversed (i.e. you cannot recruit the Pokemon there despite you normally could). Similarly, if you originally cannot recruit Pokemon in that dungeon, you could after the warp (applies mainly to the post-game dungeons which are not the 6 ones listed above)
    2) You get warped to one of the dungeons that are no longer accessible post-game, for instance the Glacier Palace East and West. This usually happens with the earlier pre-game dungeons.
    3) You get warped to the 'Golden Chamber', where there are rare items and different Pokemon listings.
    4) You get warped to the 'Mapless Street', which is only possible through one of the above 6 dungeons. The starters are mainly ound here. There appears to be 3 different 'Mapless Streets':
    A - accessible via Quiet Tundra or Dream Island, you can find the Pikachu line and Oshawott line here
    B - accessible via Moonlight Forest or Iron Rust Mountain, you can find the Snivy line here
    C - accessible via Large Pit or Smokey Mountain, you can find the Tepig line and Axew line her
    5) You get warped to the 'Golden Chamber Deepist Part', which is again only accessible via the 6 special dungeons. You find Tornadus or Thundurus here. Again, there are 2 different 'Golden Chamber Deepest Part':
    A - accessible via Quiet Tundra, Dream Island or Moonlight Forest, you can find Tornadus here
    B - accessible via Iron Rust Mountain, Large Pit or Smokey Mountain, you can find Thundurus here

The six special dungeons only takes you to either 'Mapless Street' or 'Golden Chamber Deepest Part' apparently, and you cannot get the other kinds of warps through them. Similarly, the 3 other kinds of warps are only possible in all the other dungeons.

In addition, for the Cobalion and Terrakion missions to appear (which is by random on the right side notice board), it seems you need at least the Royal Rank. A word of advice for Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus is that, consider using the type based gifts, since the chance of recruiting them without the gifts seem extremely low. Landorus is found on the 8/F of Breezy Plains after the end credits, and my personal experience is that if you can recruit Landorus (with the ground or flying gift), you basically nailed the game. It comes at level 70 and knows Earthquake. You can almost kill anything with Landorus at this point, even the weaker Reshiram and Zekrom who are weak against you. After it learnt Stone Edge, it could easily take out Ho-Oh too. Of course, you still need a few Revive Seeds just in case.

The special legendaries appear in fixed 'challenge' dungeons. According to the Japanese boards, it seems that Ho-Oh is the only one that may appear shiny, not the other ones for some odd reason:
    1) Ho-Oh - Eternal Ruins
    2) Lugia - Tidal Sound Ruins
    3) Reshiram - White Summit
    4) Zekrom - Black Edge
    5) Kyurem - Sky Tower
    6) Black or White Kyurem - Deserted Sky Tower

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Ok, being the paranoid type of guy I am, here's what I found using the last release of Pokemon Rumble Blast.

The game was officially announced on June 11th, and came out 2 months later in Japan.

The NA version was announced on July 19th, and came out in October, but in terms of the game's release, it was a 2 month gap.

So that would mean if it's taking longer for the NA version to be announced... I'm not sure if I should worry. I realllly hope it comes out before the end of Q1

If my ''Rescue & Explorers Release Date Investigation'' turned out right, they all had a 4 month gap between being released in Japan and NA Release Date announcement. So that would mean we'll most likely get some info in February. Maybe later/earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    If my ''Rescue & Explorers Release Date Investigation'' turned out right, they all had a 4 month gap between being released in Japan and NA Release Date announcement. So that would mean we'll most likely get some info in February. Maybe later/earlier.
    February sounds about right, somehow I think they'll announce it in the Spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Thanks Coronis. Made everything way more clear now, next week i'll try to put some of my time into hopefully finding and recruiting the Kami Trio.

Also strange that only Ho-Oh can be shiny.

February sounds about good for a release date. Crossing fingers!

A Spring release date would be good to; I'm just betting my money That this game'll come out in NA around late Spring/early Summer.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Ho-oh being the only shiny is really weird. I wonder why...?
    :/

Ho-oh doesn't have any story significance, does he?

I certainly hope it doesn't get announced all the way THAT late. That's way too long compared to the announcement of the more recent games.

Pokemon + Nobunga's ambition- Released in March in JP, announced for NA in April to come out 2 months later

Pokemon Rumble blast- Confirmed for NA even before the JP release!

That's why I'm worried. There is no reason whatsoever for a PMD game to take so long to be localized, if Pokemon Conquest (Which many, many people never thought would come to NA for a long time), and Pokepark wii 2 (Fun fact, that came out in November as well, and came to NA in Feb!) came out so quickly after their JP release, then this has to be confirmed at least in the next few weeks, or else this could be a problem.

Also I saw that the sales of PMD 3DS jumped up a ton. Hopefully this means a quick confirmation in NA

The thing is, the reason why I said February is because every PMD game before this one was announced for NA 4 months after JP release (Even Sky). There's a chance for an earlier announcement, but if this game follows the same pattern as the rest, then we'll most likely get news February.

The sales are pretty good as of yet though, so even if we get an announcement later, it most likely will get a NA release at some point.

Guys, ignore EVERYTHING!

IT'S CONFIRMED FOR NA!!!! YES!

http://press.nintendo.com/object?id=36581

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    Guys, ignore EVERYTHING!

IT'S CONFIRMED FOR NA!!!! YES!

http://press.nintendo.com/object?id=36581
    It's being released 3 days after my birthday. Looks like I'll be asking for a late birthday gift. I can't wait to play it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Can't wait for this game. I have been looking forward to a new mystery dungeon since sky which is my favorite of the spin off. Hopefully this one is as good.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Funny enough, it gets confirmed JUST when I say it's coming in February. Right after I said ''it's coming to NA at some point'', too. Glad to know I'm wrong, excitement +1.

Coolio. Hope it's really good!

Too many Nintendo games in March though...:/

Good news.

Just hope people don't get so horribly hung up on the low number of recruitable Pokemon that they can't enjoy everything else about the game (Though they already are, judging from other forums...).

What if the reason they didn't have that many pokemon IMO was perhaps to save us from the inevitable 3ds Main Pokemon game. Or they're setting up a sequel..?

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Good news.

Just hope people don't get so horribly hung up on the low number of recruitable Pokemon that they can't enjoy everything else about the game (Though they already are, judging from other forums...).
    It doesn't really matter, as long as the gameplay and story is awesome.

....Now I'm gonna get VERY impaitent waiting 94 days...

Unfortunately, a lot of other people seem to be thinking that the game is completely ruined because of the lack of Pokemon.

Which is kind of funny, considering that the Wiiware games were reviewed very poorly despite having all of the Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Unfortunately, a lot of other people seem to be thinking that the game is completely ruined because of the lack of Pokemon.

Which is kind of funny, considering that the Wiiware games were reviewed very poorly despite having all of the Pokemon.
    And the Ranger games were doing it before it was cool

Honestly...the PMD games have always been needlessly obnoxious when it comes to recruiting and using Pokemon.
    Cutting down is probably for the best

This game has made it a LOT more viable to use a variety of Pokemon on your team thanks to them:

1. Leveling up while not in the party.

2. IQ skills now being obtainable in treasure chests instead of requiring gummi grinding and all of them also being available for all Pokemon, instead of being restricted to certain species.

There does seem to be some manner of friendship value that's involved in getting happiness evolution Pokemon to evolve and is also presumably tied to the effectiveness of the party attacks, so there's likely some incentive to use the same Pokemon still, but not nearly as much as in the previous games.

Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast