Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Puppyshipper View Post
    I think the gender choosing is only for the real game just like how only the kecleon shop works
    Well if they already choose the genders for us (with the character saying "He") then i dont see how that'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Really? Because most of what I got was orbs and stuff (although I did get one or two scarves). And I only got 1 Max Elixir throughout the entire demo which annoyed me, especially during the Magnagate level.
    Yeah it's random. My first dungeon was horrible, but the next two were good, they change your character so that's nice and some are better than others (axew is really good imo). And the items you get are random, my 1st time in i got no max elixers, my second time in i got 5-6.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    Well if they already choose the genders for us (with the character saying "He") then i dont see how that'll work.
    most likly they just set it to male cause it's the first option and in the full game you can pick

but the game uses the save file of the demo. You may be right about the full game most likely doing it right, but for them to take it out the demo and making players start over to choose is weird.

Yeah it's random. My first dungeon was horrible, but the next two were good, they change your character so that's nice and some are better than others (axew is really good imo). And the items you get are random, my 1st time in i got no max elixers, my second time in i got 5-6.
    I know that, but still, it's kind of annoying to not have Max Elixirs at all during a long dungeon. And I wanted to save the only one I got for the main game, so that was even more annoying.

I've been able to manage without Oran Berries or Max Elixirs in the current Magnagate dungeons, but I imagine they'll be a must in the later ones that are in the 50 floors range and/or even make you battle against a legendary Pokemon at the end.

Max Elixirs end up becoming a lot less necessary in the main game once you level up a move enough times, as the PP counts for some of them can actually reach the cap of 99 at that point. However, since you can't do that in the magnagate dungeons...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I've been able to manage without Oran Berries or Max Elixirs in the current Magnagate dungeons, but I imagine they'll be a must in the later ones that are in the 50 floors range and/or even make you battle against a legendary Pokemon at the end.
    Me too, but I only just barely squeezed out a win in the one I played (which was 8 floors) because Tepig had no more attacking moves to use by about 6F.

Max Elixirs end up becoming a lot less necessary in the main game once you level up a move enough times, as the PP counts for some of them can actually reach the cap of 99 at that point.
    WTF? Did I miss some kind of new game mechanic or something. I don't remember ever being able to "level up a move" to increase its maximum PP.

i just didn't go through the entire floor on every floor, if a pokemon picked up an item i wanted, i looked for it, if i didn't see any more items and i did most of the floor when i find the stairs, i just take them. I usually clear each floor but since we don't have items, we can't do that as much. AND REALLY? Level up a move that way? That kinda sounds cool...along with the infinite tms.

i just didn't go through the entire floor on every floor, if a pokemon picked up an item i wanted, i looked for it, if i didn't see any more items and i did most of the floor when i find the stairs, i just take them.
    This is pretty much what I do as well: look for the exit, pick up items along the way, and chase after Pokemon that pick up valuable items before leaving the floor.

I'm curious if anyone knows why there is a sleeping braviary in the magnagate dungeons? I've run into it like 5 times and cannot seem to wake it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzo View Post
    I'm curious if anyone knows why there is a sleeping braviary in the magnagate dungeons? I've run into it like 5 times and cannot seem to wake it up.
    Lol right! That did happen. Yeah I saw that too. I was afraid to go near it. But it won't wake up?....that's kinda creepy....

Yeah it like refuses to wake up. I tried hitting it multiple times. I've looked around to see what the deal with it is, but I haven't found anything yet. It was on like 3 of the last 4 floors in the last magnagate i tried.

Saw an in-game picture on Tumblr since the demo of it isn't here in Australia yet but... Here's a quote that I find amusing:

Swanna: "You can call me Swanna if you want. Just don't call me maybe."

OMG I love this game even more! I can't believe they referenced that song!

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

WTF? Did I miss some kind of new game mechanic or something. I don't remember ever being able to "level up a move" to increase its maximum PP.
    It's a feature that's either absent from the demo or introduced later in the story.

Repeated use of a move and/or the type specific dojos in the full game will cause it to level up and gain power and PP.

Still, there is ZERO reason to axe the gender option for your partner. It's hard for me to have a male oshawott named "Lillian"!

Lol right! That did happen. Yeah I saw that too. I was afraid to go near it. But it won't wake up?....that's kinda creepy....
    I tried this too. Maybe it's just ridiculously overleveled and won't wake up until a later point in the game. It'll probably kick your *** anyway, so don't bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Saw an in-game picture on Tumblr since the demo of it isn't here in Australia yet but... Here's a quote that I find amusing:

Swanna: "You can call me Swanna if you want. Just don't call me maybe."

OMG I love this game even more! I can't believe they referenced that song!
    >implying tumblr is a reliable source.

Someone probably Photoshopped it into a meme, I kinda doubt that'll be in the game. But it'll be awesome if it is.

It's a feature that's either absent from the demo or introduced later in the story.

Repeated use of a move and/or the type specific dojos in the full game will cause it to level up and gain power and PP.
    Interesting. That's going to be a helpful feature. But for now, you kind of do need those Max Elixirs for the longer dungeons.

Alright, noob question time. Was this available on the JP eshop? rying to see fi it'll be on the EN one, but any search I try to find out just gives me stuff about the demo being out. Trying to find out since I am going out of town for a week ont he 25th, and it'd be easier to just download it rather than have to worry about making it to the store (especially after the FE fiasco)
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

I tried this too. Maybe it's just ridiculously overleveled and won't wake up until a later point in the game. It'll probably kick your *** anyway, so don't bother with it.

>implying tumblr is a reliable source.

Someone probably Photoshopped it into a meme, I kinda doubt that'll be in the game. But it'll be awesome if it is.

Interesting. That's going to be a helpful feature. But for now, you kind of do need those Max Elixirs for the longer dungeons.

nope it's real

I played the demo last night, and this is how I feel about it in terms of likes and dislikes.

-The 3D models really help the characters come to life and bring a sense of freshness to the cutscenes (ex. The scene in which a Munna is chased by a Hydreigon).
    -Holding down L and a button to use moves was much faster and easier.
    -The music is great as always :3
    -The dungeons themselves seem a little less bland when it comes to inside layout. I really hope that there are more dungeons like the first one with an inside and outside.
    -The gameplay was fun and feels sort of like the main series games in terms of combat.
    -Oshawott :3

Dislikes
    -During in-game portions the limited movement of character models looks awkward (ex. When your partner pokemon jumps without moving his arms of legs during dialogue).
    -Most of the demo was dialogue and it really could have used a bit more action.
    - The plot seems to be nothing new. The player is still a human transformed into a pokemon and has to save the world from...something, I presume. In fact if I remember correctly, the very beginning of the game is almost identical to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team.
    -Movement. I found moving with the analog stick to be hard to control and I got stuck on the edges of hallways all the time. The D-pad felt stiff and awkward when I tried to use it. This problem becomes worse with higher movement speeds.
    -The limited starter and partner options was a little disappointing, but at least I like all the options. I hope the roster is expanded in a second version (providing one will exist).
    -When searching for magnagates my 3DS camera was really finicky about what was a circle and even when held still would keep jittering between an object being an acceptable magnagate and not.
    -Distinct lack of Shuckle (though this may be a personal problem).

I may have been a little too hard on the game, and honestly I have no clue if I'm going to buy it or not. Just don't know what to think...

The plot has a number of aspects to it that make it stand out from the previous titles. But that's all I'm saying.

The plot has a number of aspects to it that make it stand out from the previous titles. But that's all I'm saying.
    Yeah, even though I played through in a language I can barely make out a few words in, I was really pleased with the way it turned out.

And the 3D in this game really helps out some of the scenes. Especially the action scenes.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I just hope the edit in the gender does not mean NOA will censor more stuff in this game.

EDIT: How do you do spoilers on this site? I can't find the markup tag
    Last edited by hawkmbl; 8th March 2013 at 11:45 PM.

I fiddled around with the demo a bit more (of course only being able to chat with the NPPs and look at the scenery), and I'll have to be honest and say that my heart shattered slightly at the thought of missing out on the entirety of this game. I guess in the end I couldn't entirely pull myself away from a new Mystery Dungeon game with such good graphics and gameplay. It definitely won't be a day 1 buy from me, but I might try and purchase the game some time later on. It seems like the story might just be able to make up for the (in my opinion) boring roster. That, and the returning option of using recruited Pokemon.

...It's also just occurred to me that I haven't tried the Magnagate feature yet. HMMMMM... let us see how this goes.

EDIT: At the aforementioned issue of starter and partner Pokemon gender picking being absent, as saddening as it is, NOA probably decided to remove those options (for whatever dumb reason they believed was plausible), as the option to continue your demo file after purchasing the full game is available. That would mean that whatever gender your partner is in the demo, it'll just carry on to the full version without the gender changing option being implemented. HOPEFULLY that won't be the case, but I'm pretty doubtful of that. =/

Shoot, and I always wanted to be able to choose my partner's gender.
    Last edited by ManhattanTheStarr; 9th March 2013 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    A new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game! OMG! Yes! Yes! Yes!

EDIT: Oh gosh yeah! If they pull a Blazing/Stormy/Lightning on us, I'll be very disappointed. Lets hope it has a great storyline like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. It'll be interesting if they can top that one! The player is turned into a Pokemon so that's a good start!
    Yeah, I LOVE the part when they have the player pokemon go back to their own world after dialga, which i had tamed (YESSS! BUT I DONT HAVE THE GAME ANYMORE T.T) and then meh piplup partner started crying and i started crying. i was a freaking charmander XD

Spoiler:- Credits:

Add me on my Pokemon Games!
    Pokemon White 2: (will add later in 2014 :P)
    3DS Friend Code: 5043-2269-9331

Current MM: Shiny Flawless DW Male Espurr: N/A

This game has a really good OST. And I always love the remixes of the Quiz music!

Consider me hyped.

I got the demo yesterday and I'm a tepig and my partner is an axew. I really like the graphics but like many other people I wish there was a bigger variety of pokemon you and your partner could be D=

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast