Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

I really think we would've seen more starters by now if there were any. The Explorers demo having only some of the starters isn't a very good indicator, considering that they already made it clear that they weren't the only ones available through other sources, whereas nothing has been mentioned for this game.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that on the one picture we have of a Pokemon's status page, their gender isn't listed anywhere, nor do enemy Pokemon have it listed next to their name. Pokemon also apparently no longer get both of their abilities, either, which presumably means they're chosen randomly now as in the main games, which is going to make getting the ideal Pokemon for a team even more troublesome then before.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 8th November 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    I hope that all of us still know that that "there are only 5 staters" is NOT YET OFFICIAL! They did the same with the explorers saga. Just sinnoh starters and pikachu in the demo before release. Many starters to choose at the release date.

speaing of snivy (very seductively sexy starter), the snake with the "fleur de lys" (search da vinci code) tail would be the most feminine of all the current 5 choices.

But who knows, we MAY have more staters at all. Just waiting to be revealed (Minccino and Petillil from the magazine a few days ago shows possible proof of more selectable starters)
    It is official. The demo is literally just the first hour of the game. There will not be any changes to it

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It is official. The demo is literally just the first hour of the game. There will not be any changes to it
    Hmmmmmm .......... so that means .... I'm seeing a turn of patterns this time. Only 5 selectable characters. But the other characters now play crucial roles to the game ... as if they are also your official party members on your journey. espeon, mbreon, and Virizion ... would those characters then also become playable characters too?

It does ... gives this Rogue Galaxy Vibe now.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Hmmmmmm .......... so that means .... I'm seeing a turn of patterns this time. Only 5 selectable characters. But the other characters now play crucial roles to the game ... as if they are also your official party members on your journey. espeon, mbreon, and Virizion ... would those characters then also become playable characters too?

It does ... gives this Rogue Galaxy Vibe now.
    They are a part of your squad, yes

Oh man. Just finished watching the demo. My hype is at its maximum level.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

The fact that you have the likes of Umbreon, Espeon, and Virizion helping you out is making me worried that this game might again suffer from the frequent problem of denying you the option of taking the teammates you'd like for the story missions.

Also, it's starting to really seem like genders might be absent from the gameplay as they were in the original PMD. Which means Attract is going to be overpowered again.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 9th November 2012 at 2:43 AM.

I wonder when you are exploring with Virizion and the others in Kyurem's cavern will that be at the end of the game? Maybe it will, but maybe you could journey there at a earlier time, but you are then defeated (without battling it yourself) and you're forced out.

Any ways ... Victini ... would he have a side quest for you with him on your side in a dungeon?

I'm pretty disappointed that we only get 5 starters, but whatever. I don't have a problem with any of them, to be honest. I'll probably take whichever one I get on my first try.
    It's interesting to see all the new features that they're adding, though. I'd say it looks good, and you can't go wrong with a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game.
    Looking forward to it.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

How hard is the demo? I remember red explorers being quite brutal in the beginning.

I saw the trailer and just when I thought my interest in Pokemon was about to die (don't really care for B2W2), seeing another Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game in colorful 3D with amazing graphics but still with the same charm as the first batch of PMD games, that was really all I needed to realize it's far from over. I need this freaking game. And it better have a kick-you-in-the-gut tearjerker of an ending like the other games did, although I have no clue how they would top off what they did with Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.

Plus, it has Emolga. And Emolga just rocks. He may not be a starter, but I'm sure as hell putting him in the team and making him leader as soon as possible.

I'm starting to get kind of worried about they might've changed the gameplay.

I'm now hearing that there's no IQ skills from people who've played the demo, and if those are gone, it'll have removed one of the main reasons for using certain Pokemon...

I'll just cling to the hope that things like Pokemon genders and IQ skills will become visible once they become relevant to the gameplay and aren't gone entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm starting to get kind of worried about they might've changed the gameplay.

I'm now hearing that there's no IQ skills from people who've played the demo, and if those are gone, it'll have removed one of the main reasons for using certain Pokemon...

I'll just cling to the hope that things like Pokemon genders and IQ skills will become visible once they become relevant to the gameplay and aren't gone entirely.
    It's highly possible that those things don't activate until later, yes. Relax

I've also been hearing that they removed the hunger mechanic, which is a welcome change to me, since the game already limits how much time you can spend in a dungeon by having that mysterious force eventually blow you away, plus most players would just end up wearing a Tight Belt all the time to avoid having to deal with it.

If they have the sense to make a positive change like that, I don't see why they'd dumb down the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I've also been hearing that they removed the hunger mechanic, which is a welcome change to me, since the game already limits how much time you can spend in a dungeon by having that mysterious force eventually blow you away, plus most players would just end up wearing a Tight Belt all the time to avoid having to deal with it.

If they have the sense to make a positive change like that, I don't see why they'd dumb down the gameplay.
    Yeah. Despite the hunger mechanic being gone, they've kept the HP regeneration

Perhaps the magnagates has a slightly different mechanic compared to the rescuer and explorers. Like the disappearance of hunger. But seeing the trailers ... I found some interesting mechanics that magnagates separate themselves from the mystery dungeons of past versions. Some of these are my theoretical outcomes on the final releases

-monster houses play much smarter other than the numbered amount of items. Like a trap being activated. Perhaps as you step on a self destruct trap, then the enemies come down at you.
    -from the trailer 2 ... I'm afraid there may be floors that let you slowly DIE out of hit points ... possibly Power points too the longer you stay on the floor. May be even restrained to heal.
    -Some dungeons may have certain fields that just gives you sudden status attacks ... which is not pretty
    -When the enemies are group, they will gang you all up one by one and worse ... be KO'd.
    -Your items are completely useless even when used (like eating oran berries will not heal you unlike the usual) on certain floors with unnatural nonoccurrence

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Yeah. Despite the hunger mechanic being gone, they've kept the HP regeneration
    Won't the game to easier now without the hunger mechanic. I keep getting more and more disappointed.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I think that's a good thing. (IMO) I've lost many times, because I didn't have any apples. But, I guess that's only me.

Yeah, the lack of a hunger mechanic is a good thing to me. Hope they don't take out the IQ Skills, though.

We'll probably find out more when the game comes out here.

Oh yes. IQ skills were fantastic. They were so many good ones. I didn't get all of them for certain Pokemon, but they totally saved me a couple of times.

The only IQ skills I really cared about were Item Master and PP Saver, but those are imortant to me. If they took those away, I would be very dissappointed.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

I don't really care if anything gameplay wise is altered, as long as it still has a sad story. Seriously, PMD Time/sky/Darkness was the only game besides Final Fantasy VI to make me cry.

Oh my god... No more hunger?!
    One more thing for me to look forward to... because that means my storage won't be clogged up with Apples. Right? No hunger = no useless apples = more space for important items.
    Also, do they have any sort of cafe thing, like Spinda's Cafe in Sky? That was really a help in the game. Not that it was really needed, but it was a nice bonus. It'd be a shame to see that go away.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon9 View Post
    Oh my god... No more hunger?!
    One more thing for me to look forward to... because that means my storage won't be clogged up with Apples. Right? No hunger = no useless apples = more space for important items.
    Also, do they have any sort of cafe thing, like Spinda's Cafe in Sky? That was really a help in the game. Not that it was really needed, but it was a nice bonus. It'd be a shame to see that go away.
    Actually, I watched a video of the demo, and it kind of looks like Swanna is operating something like a bar. Mybe it's just me, but it wouldn't hurt to look at it and decide for yourself.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Eve of the Apocolypse View Post
    Actually, I watched a video of the demo, and it kind of looks like Swanna is operating something like a bar. Mybe it's just me, but it wouldn't hurt to look at it and decide for yourself.
    You can also see some kind of bar in the first animated trailer. So it's probably going to return in this game, or at least something similar.

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast