Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

I'm not really understanding what's so special about Companion Mode, unless it's providing a way to explore dungeons without having to use your character and partner prior to completing the game's story and/or you're simply not allowed to use other Pokemon as your team leader outside of it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm not really understanding what's so special about Companion Mode, unless it's providing a way to explore dungeons without having to use your character and partner prior to completing the game's story and/or you're simply not allowed to use other Pokemon as your team leader outside of it at all.
    Yeah, I was struggling to get it...my Japanese isn't te best. Waiting for my translators to get on

Edit: Got it. When your characters are on a mission/in a dungeon, you can activate Companion Mode and using it, you make requests for others to bring items. This is also the mode used when doing local play

Alright then. So this Pokemon Mystery dungeon, from what I've learned so far from you guys, gives me some predicaments.

a. It now has some borrowed gameplay lines from MMO games (especially the item bringing part) like Defense of the Ancients
    b. Has a harvest Moon-esque / The Sims-esque sense of building and customizing your town. Heck, even choosing your character and partner's Gender
    c. The unintentional radar alarm is "on" for a pokemon romance possibility plot. Espeon and Umbreon is just one of those few victims of the animal romance alarm; not just the human (I don't need lenghty terms) and the partner pokemon protagonist's platonic friendship / love story.
    d. We got Legendaries NOT HIDING in dungeons anymore. Victini's Roulette makes him a (sort of) ginseng maker that loves to play roulette (gambling addiction much? Or is he a lady flirter [he better not be]?) ; Virizion being a friking Town mayor (Vote Virizion for video game president 2013)? Cobalion as Town Advisor? Terrakion as the Military Commander? YES PLEASE!!!
    e. We got (siblings or a couple?) Espeon and Umbreon (A VERY POPULAR POKEMON SHIPPING) as a sort of Detectives / Scientists / Researchers on Magagates. Does that make your jobs in the game investigators (OBJECTION!!!)? Wolfexpert made a PMD Investigators story the last time I've read somewhere 2 years ago. Just forgot where.

I'm liking it so far. They are following the game mechanics from dragon Quest XI this time. Search it on youtube rather than having me talking it all here.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I'm going to guess that some of the hardest dungeons will restrict the usage of Companion Mode, because being able to freely get items from your teammates would make them way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It's highly possible that those things don't activate until later, yes. Relax
    Whoa, Serebii replied O.o I'm jelly. Anyways, I loved all of the MD so far but the gameplay looks like a PR game! I want the old maze type :/
    Pokemon Black FC: Name: Ricky FC:0390 3746 7969

Credit goes to iMillenium for the banner!

Just checked this game out now and am getting really excited about it!
    Haven't bought any Mystery Dungeon games since Blue. Will definitely be picking this one up, are the previous games from the series worth it?
    Has much changed in the formula since the first game?

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by shiny ditto View Post
    Just checked this game out now and am getting really excited about it!
    Haven't bought any Mystery Dungeon games since Blue. Will definitely be picking this one up, are the previous games from the series worth it?
    Has much changed in the formula since the first game?
    Not really, I'd say the main difference between the first and second ones was the story, but that was a good change.
    The only problem I see with this new one is the lack of starters, you know, since there's only five. But I'll live, and I'm sure everyone else will if they decide to get the game.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon9 View Post
    Not really, I'd say the main difference between the first and second ones was the story, but that was a good change.
    The only problem I see with this new one is the lack of starters, you know, since there's only five. But I'll live, and I'm sure everyone else will if they decide to get the game.
    Oh, so it's confirmed that there are only five starters? That sucks...
    I'll live though, just gives less variety than the older games Can't remember too much, but you don't need to stick with those characters throughout the whole game - do you? Or can you swap to other pokemon you've found?

In the past, when the other games have come out, have these forums been active? With rescue codes, etc.
    Looking at it now it seems rather dead...

A large part of why the rescue boards ended up dying was because of the accursed Wondermail generators.

If this game has abandoned a password based system for non-local wireless rescues, I imagine it'll have a lot more longevity in that regard.

Wondermail Generators?
    (Sorry to sound ignorant, barely remember anything)

Are those the rescue codes? Why would that kill the board? I thought it would make it last longer instead?
    Or are you referring to some sort of program that automatically makes a password to save you. I hope that isn't the case as I'd love to help others out when the game's out, although it probably won't be a first day buy for me.

What else could it do other than a password system? As I remember it, using the passwords didn't require internet connection so I presume that's why they went down that road.

A large part of why the rescue boards ended up dying was because of the accursed Wondermail generators.

If this game has abandoned a password based system for non-local wireless rescues, I imagine it'll have a lot more longevity in that regard.
    Yeah, I'm actually glad that bit has gone. Now people won't just generate missions to get whatever item they please

According to the Demo, Oshawott starts with Assurance and Pikachu has Fake Out.
    Both are Egg moves. Those are the only ones I know of so far. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    We'll get Mega Flygon/Milotic when Roy gets his job back in SSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your Ridley on smash claims, now with fairy type add on for 20% extra coolness factor.

Pretty sure they gave the starters in Sky egg moves too, so I'm not too surprised about the ones in this game getting them as well.

It's too bad that the starters probably won't be able to have their dream world abilities, as that'll give recruited Pokemon of the same species a distinct edge over them. Especially Snivy, as stat reducing moves tends to be a lot more problematic in the PMD games.

Pretty sure they gave the starters in Sky egg moves too, so I'm not too surprised about the ones in this game getting them as well.

It's too bad that the starters probably won't be able to have their dream world abilities, as that'll give recruited Pokemon of the same species a distinct edge over them. Especially Snivy, as stat reducing moves tends to be a lot more problematic in the PMD games.
    Yeah they did but only the new ones. The others didn't.

As for Hidden Abilities, I've always had a thought that there'll be a dungeon where we'll get a hold item that allows the use of the Hidden Ability for the holder. That or there could be a special dungeon(s) where the Hidden abilities are used instead.

Hey you never know what they'll do. Oh and I freaking LOVE the music in this game!
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 18th November 2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    We'll get Mega Flygon/Milotic when Roy gets his job back in SSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your Ridley on smash claims, now with fairy type add on for 20% extra coolness factor.

Would it be worth giving this game it's own sub-forum in the 5th gen area?
    It's coming out soon (in Japan?) so I guess it will become more active over time, but it could help increase it's popularity as it's currently bundled in with "Other Pokemon Games" and is hidden underneath a lot of other forums. Or even a link to this forum from the 5th Gen area?

Also, hate to ask this as it's probably been stated somewhere before and I just haven't seen it. Any word on the EU release date? Or is it just the current Jap one? Around how long does it normally take to translate, etc. and then hit stores in the US / Europe?

It's kind of hard to tell at this point. The time it takes them to localize the spinoffs varies greatly. I hope we'll only have to wait maybe three months tops for this one, though.

On the subject of the most recent update, I'm wagering a guess that that new Ghost Gift is either a replacement for the gummis of the previous games, or simply a box that contains a random hold item for a ghost Pokemon.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 20th November 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shiny ditto View Post
    Would it be worth giving this game it's own sub-forum in the 5th gen area?
    It's coming out soon (in Japan?) so I guess it will become more active over time, but it could help increase it's popularity as it's currently bundled in with "Other Pokemon Games" and is hidden underneath a lot of other forums. Or even a link to this forum from the 5th Gen area?

Also, hate to ask this as it's probably been stated somewhere before and I just haven't seen it. Any word on the EU release date? Or is it just the current Jap one? Around how long does it normally take to translate, etc. and then hit stores in the US / Europe?
    Nope, we don't put Spin-off games in their own forum. Mystery Dungeon and Ranger have their own as they are running series, so discussion of the game belongs in this Mystery Dungeon sub-forum

It's kind of hard to tell at this point. The time it takes them to localize the spinoffs varies greatly. I hope we'll only have to wait maybe three months tops for this one, though.

On the subject of the most recent update, I'm wagering a guess that that new Ghost Gift is either a replacement for the gummis of the previous games, or simply a box that contains a random hold item for a ghost Pokemon.
    Got a translation. It increases the likelihood that Ghost-type Pokémon will join you. We got passwords for Rock and Dragon too

Yep so im not getting the game due to the fact that there's 5 starters and I don't like any of them.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Well, just because there's limited starters doesn't mean you should forego buying the game. This is a game where you can recruit other Pokemon onto your team and have them be the leader.

I'm not happy about the lack of starters (Charmander is my hero is my other games), but I'm getting this game as soon as I possibly can. The Mystery Dungeon series has prided itself on giving its games a moving and indepth storyline, so I'm not going to let something as trifling as there only being five starters stop me from enjoying that.

Knightfall signing off...

I mean cmon, its not like 5 starters meant always laziness. I don't know if any of you guys used an"Autodesk 3d Maya" program. I believe this is one of the popular softwares used to make 3d characters. Now I don't know why some of you impulsed with the limited starter choices (but I'll be honest that its a salt for me too), but I tried one myself. And you guys think making 3D models is easy?

I'd say from personal experience, IT IS NOT! you need lots of dedicated time to master making 3D. Sure characters (EVERY SINGLE POKEMON) are one factor. How much more when the over world itself is included?

But I believe that this mystery dungeon is the first PMD that will have story characters be playable like other common RPGs.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Mainly, because I doubt that they had one person do all the models. And a professional. Are you a professional? There is also the matter of the reference art, you don't just open up the program and model, you just go by the reference art. Maya is screwy when it comes to using a reference (Blender, of all things, does refrences better, anyway).

But what does that have to do with limited started selection? Pokedex 3D already has the models for all the pokemon anyway, so it is a non-issue.

I think the starters are limited due to the more advanced cutscenes in this game. I guess they just didn't want to animate all of them.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

It seems a little bit Killjoy to be fair.

What about the personality quiz? I want to know what Pokémon I'd be!
    Hi! SeekerofLight here, always aiming to help peeps out in all their gaming and writing needs... provided I myself have been given help about the topic...

Incoming! A brand new fic starting soon!
    Watch this space. Yes, literally, THIS space, below this!

Fun fact. Wild Pokémon evolve too
    ...How does that even work...

Maybe they just do it randomly assuming they're of the appropriate level for it.

Though the stat gains from evolution were pretty minor in the previous games, so unless that's changed, it's a pretty pointless occurrence.

On an unrelated note, I'm glad Deino is available during the main storyline     Spoiler:- Storyline:
    Last edited by Rakurai; 23rd November 2012 at 11:30 PM.

Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast