Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (March 24th 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post

nope it's real
    Oh. Well props to NoA for a solid pop culture reference.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFinalCountdown View Post
    -Holding down L and a button to use moves was much faster and easier.
    Oh yeah, I liked that too.

Also, am I the only one that liked the overworld sections of Ragged Mountain? I feel like that adds a bit more life and complexity to the areas if you have some overworld areas interspersed in there. For example, here's some things they could do with it:

-Having to explore new sections of a dungeon later in the storyline (much how Double Grass is used in the main games).
    -Having optional areas to explore (like the expedition in TDS, where you have optional "path" mini-dungeons that you can explore).
    -Adding puzzles and other such gimmicks (like Crystal Cave in TDS).
    -Possibly secret exits to dungeons which are more difficult to find (locked by keys, blocked by an obstacle in which only certain Pokemon can progress like water or lava, etc.).
    -Interconnection between different areas in the game. Maybe you can have one dungeon lead to another, and have several optional dungeons unlocked by exploring alternate paths.
    -More interaction with the environment. Ragged Mountain already does this to a degree (having you go through two floors of Mystery Dungeon to get to the top of the cliff, knock down the log, and go down another two floors to reach the other side), but there's some more interesting ways to go about doing this. For instance, what if instead of using the log to cross the bridge up the cliff, what if you had to push the log down the cliff onto the broken bridge, and then go back in the entrance you came from, go down that section of the Dungeon backwards, and then cross the river down at ground level. Minor difference in this case, I know, but it'd be a lot more interesting with larger and more complex dungeons.

Anyway, I'd love to see more of this in the series. Do they do anything more with these overworld sections in the full game?

Multiple dungeons have overworld segments with puzzles and hostile Pokemon that if touched, will force you into a battle with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Multiple dungeons have overworld segments with puzzles and hostile Pokemon that if touched, will force you into a battle with them.
    That's cool, I guess. I kind of figured they would use it for things like save spots (like how in TDS you had a mid dungeon rest area with a Kangaskhan statue), boss encounters, and puzzles. But I still think they could do more with them to really flesh out the areas.

Excuse me, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but... I want to restart the demo. I Google'd how to several times but only saw one answer, and that was to delete it. However, if I delete it, will I be able to download it again and start over? Or will I not get a second chance? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't want to risk it.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

It's unfortunate that there's no way to change the Kecleon shop's inventory in the demo after you get access to the Magnagate feature (Reason being that you can't visit dungeons).

I was hoping to buy its full inventory of TMs, but ended up only being able to get a Grass Knot TM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    I fiddled around with the demo a bit more (of course only being able to chat with the NPPs and look at the scenery), and I'll have to be honest and say that my heart shattered slightly at the thought of missing out on the entirety of this game. I guess in the end I couldn't entirely pull myself away from a new Mystery Dungeon game with such good graphics and gameplay. It definitely won't be a day 1 buy from me, but I might try and purchase the game some time later on. It seems like the story might just be able to make up for the (in my opinion) boring roster. That, and the returning option of using recruited Pokemon.

...It's also just occurred to me that I haven't tried the Magnagate feature yet. HMMMMM... let us see how this goes.

EDIT: At the aforementioned issue of starter and partner Pokemon gender picking being absent, as saddening as it is, NOA probably decided to remove those options (for whatever dumb reason they believed was plausible), as the option to continue your demo file after purchasing the full game is available. That would mean that whatever gender your partner is in the demo, it'll just carry on to the full version without the gender changing option being implemented. HOPEFULLY that won't be the case, but I'm pretty doubtful of that. =/

Shoot, and I always wanted to be able to choose my partner's gender.
    I keep hearing from gamespot and neogaf they removed genders due to worries of getting in trouble because of the fact that you could choose to have a both male and both female pair, and since the hero and partner work together and eventually grow a bond together, that would mean if you picked a both male pair... NOA could supposedly get attacked by certain groups. I REALLY hope that's not true and it's just a overlook, as that would be the most silliest reason to axe genders if that as true.

I finished the demo last night. Like most demos it's way to short >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    Really? This was the longest demo to me.

Just wondering but can you only continue on the demo if you buy an actual copy of the game or only if you buy the full version on the eShop?

Quote Originally Posted by VaironGod View Post
    Just wondering but can you only continue on the demo if you buy an actual copy of the game or only if you buy the full version on the eShop?
    I'm pretty sure you can with either. But I'm not 100% sure.
    Anyway, not to sound annoying, but my question still remains unanswered. Can anyone tell me if I can delete the demo, but be able to play it again with different Pokemon? I want to restart it.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Played the demo. I really wasn't into it and it didn't have the same vibe as the other PMD games. I won't get it.
    Last edited by *IZ*; 9th March 2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon9 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can with either. But I'm not 100% sure.
    Anyway, not to sound annoying, but my question still remains unanswered. Can anyone tell me if I can delete the demo, but be able to play it again with different Pokemon? I want to restart it.
    Yes you can. I just did it.

Anyone know whats up with the passed out Braviary randomly found in Magnegates?
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDice View Post
    Anyone know whats up with the passed out Braviary randomly found in Magnegates?
    It's a normal pokemon in those dungeons. You CAN battle it, actually, just throw a item at it. Axew's dragon rage is the only thing that hurts it, though...

Alright thanks! So basically, until the retail version comes out, dont touch it because its too high of a level?
    3DS Friend Code:
    1590-4688-8478
    Add me for Friend Safari!
    Send a PM with your Friend Code to confirm!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    I keep hearing from gamespot and neogaf they removed genders due to worries of getting in trouble because of the fact that you could choose to have a both male and both female pair, and since the hero and partner work together and eventually grow a bond together, that would mean if you picked a both male pair... NOA could supposedly get attacked by certain groups. I REALLY hope that's not true and it's just a overlook, as that would be the most silliest reason to axe genders if that as true.
    If that seriously ends up being the case, then I don't know what the world's coming to.

After being buried in Fire Emblem for a month now, a simpler title like this was a really nice change of pace.

Sure it was only 47 minutes (two dungeons), but I enjoy the look and feel of the game. Oshawott (me) and Snivy made a great team. (Though I'm still not sure about it, given the lack of Pokémon...)

Also, how do I open the Magnagate? I tried five different circles, all in front of a window (sunny), but nothing happened however many times I pressed A.

The object can not cover the whole circle. It has to be a round object shot at a distance to open a magnagate

I've had a lot of trouble with that too. A door knob, fire alarm, roll of tape, bottle cap...I'd suggest you keep trying stuff until something works. Mine ended up working on a stack of DVDs.

As for the game itself, the demo's been fun. I like how your character doesn't seem to have lost his/her memory this time, they just don't have much of an idea of what's going on. One big problem right now is the text speed, it's just atrocious right now.
    3DS FC: 3652 0647 7573
    Friend Safari: Electric Type-Helioptile, Pachirisu, Zebstrika

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I think its length is somewhat appropriate, actually, it's the timing that bothers me more. I hate how it ends on a cliffhanger, they should've let you go to Hazy Pass and fight Scraggy or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think its length is somewhat appropriate, actually, it's the timing that bothers me more. I hate how it ends on a cliffhanger, they should've let you go to Hazy Pass and fight Scraggy or whatever.
    It would have been nice to see a bit more of the story. The demo itself wasn't short per say, though there wasn't much to do at the beginning. One more dungeon would have been perfect, and would have given us a better idea of the story. And unless someone gets the game for me for my birthday, I won't be able to play anytime soon
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

At east now I knew from the demo that your partner picked up quite a terrible place to start with. A Barren Wasteland? This is something like Cowboys and Aliens Again
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

So, yeah. Just finished the demo with me (Snivy) and Axew at level 8. I know the save data will carry over, but, excuse possible needless isiotic wuestion, will it carry over to both the cartridge and download?

pS. The little water and flowers in the dungeons are insanely beautifull.

You get the option to carry over the save data as soon as you start up either version of the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    At east now I knew from the demo that your partner picked up quite a terrible place to start with. A Barren Wasteland? This is something like Cowboys and Aliens Again
    Well, he did say that he couldn't afford anywhere else, so it is justifiable in that sense.

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast