Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Road to Humilau (755)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Why in the hell do people keep saying this?

I went over this with Heroes of Ideals last week. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO WATCH! THERE IS NO OTHER POKEMON ANIME SERIES OUT THERE THAT HAS ASH AS A MAIN CHARACTER WITH BRAND NEW EPISODES.

Or how about this? STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP WATCHING THE SHOW, AND INSTEAD IGNORE THEIR POSTS.

Good lord does anyone really need to reply to my one line review of the episode? Seriously, anyone need to reply?
    I kinda feel for you here man.. It seems if you're expectations have steadily outgrown this show..

That being said, this is a forum where people reply to other people's post. If you don't want people to reply, then don't post what you don't want people to reply to. You know it's as simple as that.

I kinda liked the battle, it was short. Jellicent was one shotted by Thunderbolt seeing as Pin Missile missed. They threw in Cursed Body just so that we remember the line has it and that Trip's Jellicent will activate it once or twice.. Mantine failed in my opinion, misses with Bullet Seed the entire time, and seriously, Bullet Seed against Ferrothorn? Heck, water moves had a better chance, but oh yeah:

MARLON DIDN'T USE ANY WATER TYPE MOVES AT ALL!!!

- Shadow Ball
    - Bullet Seed
    - Psywave
    - Wing Attack/Steel Wing

It's that the battle was in the water, but otherwise I wouldn't have known judging by these moves.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Cursed Body has a 30% chance of disabling the opponent's used move when attacked.

I assume it was only coincidence that Cursed Body worked at Snivy's physical attacks.
    The way that Iris was making it sound when Ash fought Trip's frillish, physical moves were the only ones susceptible to being effected, guess the writers finally got in gear and corrected this.

Only problem is now Trip's potential Jellicent's gonna be harder to beat...

^wait is that true? I know the guy was up against pokemon who could resist water attacks but still that don't feel right. Kinda reminds me of how Volkners Electivire only used Fire and Ice Punch, effective but not a good way of showing off your gym's element.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 13th September 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Cursed Body has a 30% chance of disabling the opponent's used move when attacked.

I assume it was only coincidence that Cursed Body worked at Snivy's physical attacks.
    I thought it worked like Aftermath. Its description is quite misleading
    When a move makes contact with the Pokémon, that move has a 30% chance of getting disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    I thought it worked like Aftermath. Its description is quite misleading
    It just makes me wonder why Iris put so much emphasis on physical moves triggering it during the fight with Trip's Frillish when both types of attacks do so.

I don't know what suprises me more here, the fact Marlon didn't use water moves at all, or the fact that Mantine can use Bullet Seed which I just learned is true.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Was that X-Scissor?
    No, it was a "double Razor Shell".

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    They made Pokemon out of stars again? Why do they do this every odd gen? What are we supposed to derive from this? This must have some meaning outside of simple bonding. Maybe someone who knows about Japanese culture will have a hint.
    He was trying to navigate by the stars, and pointed out the constellations he was using for orientation. There was no deeper meaning to it than that.

Yeah, I didn't really like how easy the gym battle went. :/

Marlon's debut deserved its own episode.

....and now, her story begins.

I'm sorry, but quite frankly, I find the fact that you could find absolutely nothing to like in this episode absurd.

You didn't even like how badass Samurott was?
    He doesn't because he doesn't like Kotetsu because Kotetsu has pokemon he wants Satoshi to have and he cant enjoy it, at this point I'm tired of beating on a dead horse with him...

If I was him I would do what you told him or atleast shut up but I'm not so I'm not going to yet again try to reason with him.

------------------------

Meh fell asleep couldn't watch the episode, seeing what you guys wrote seems like it was a fun episode, Kotetsu and Satoshi interactions seem to be cool.

The gym battle did seem easy from what I'm reading, well it seems like they really want to hype Kotetsu since he was introduced late.

They just hyped Serperior and now Samurott, I hope Satoshi evolves his Pignite(not going to happen since that wasn't changed in the ending) or Belle appears soon and does something awesome with hers.

-------------------

Saw the pictures damn Rioulo is so cute .

The battles seemed good even though yes it was small but like I said I think the point here was to hype Kotetsu.

Samurott looks cool underwater but just like we can see in the last picture with the badge case and stuff, URGH it can't stand and just looks awful if it tries too, still a cool pokemon but I still wish it wasn't Dewott evolution.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 13th September 2012 at 12:40 PM.

gotta admit, I think Roxie's stronger than Marlon in the anime but that's just my opinion.

Still can not believe that Mantine can use Bullet Seed now either what gen did that start happening?

I can also kinda agree i'm not happy about the fact it doesn't seem like Samurott can fully stand when using it's Razor Shell, makes it seem like a downgrade from Dewott.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    gotta admit, I think Roxie's stronger than Marlon in the anime but that's just my opinion.

Still can not believe that Mantine can use Bullet Seed now either what gen did that start happening?

I can also kinda agree i'm not happy about the fact it doesn't seem like Samurott can fully stand when using it's Razor Shell, makes it seem like a downgrade from Dewott.
    Thats why I can't like the evolution, I just can't how the heck do you go from a samurai a mobile samurai, to a ****ing tank that has swords and can't even stand, the most stupid thing is that it can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    It just makes me wonder why Iris put so much emphasis on physical moves triggering it during the fight with Trip's Frillish when both types of attacks do so.
    Thats the reason I am finding it hard to believe that Cursed Body can work on all types of attacking moves. Besides it kind of makes the ability quite disastrous for the opponent. If you only have one Super Effective move then you are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Thats why I can't like the evolution, I just can't how the heck do you go from a samurai a mobile samurai, to a ****ing tank that has swords and can't even stand, the most stupid thing is that it can't stand.
    Well look at the bright side, it can act as a pony for kids.

Samurott still sucks just as much as it did in the first BW movie.. can't enjoy the episode because of this.

The only good thing is that this kid has it instead of Ash..

Saw the pictures, looks like an episode I'll enjoy.

Ash and Kotetsu bond, building up their rivalry.

Kotetsu shows his battling skills.

Marlon had a butt shot.

Other stuff.

Can't wait to watch it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Yes! Samurott was amazing!

BUT.....

The bonding/rivalry part was meh in my opinion and the battle was disappointing short.
    Kotesu was pretty funny and an alright battler...heck better than BW Ash in some cases. The headband must apparantly stop blood from flowing into his brain so strecthing makes him serious.

Marlon was pretty much meh in my opinion as he did not do much to stand out from other great gym leaders. Heck Roxie felt Elite four strength than he did.

Kotestu's Ferrothorn was underwhelming but Marlon's Jellicent was even worse if it was not for his Cursed body. However the Ferrothorn seemed pretty funny though.

Samurott's fighting was pure epic. Ash don't even bother; you may not even get a Samurott anyway...just stick with Seismitoad Double Razor Shell and it standing up on its hind legs was awesome! BUT damnit, its moveset is just as bad as Ash's Oshawott...which is what I was expecting. While hydro cannon is great along with Razor Shell and Aqua Jet and probably water gun, there is no coverage moves.

Speaking of too much water moves, I think all the water moves left Marlon's pokemon for Kotestu's Samurott. LOL

Again, it is a real shame that Ash has not even gotten a decent battle like this still in Unova.

Speaking of which, did Oshawott appear? I hope not! I was watching the pictures and I hope he did not appear...and act odd with the Samurott....the rage will never stop.

Overall 5/10
    Last edited by Groundedshock; 13th September 2012 at 2:51 PM.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

The battle did feel rushed, and you wouldn't even guess that this was an 8th gym leader. But I still loved the music and thought the plot was nice for some Kotestu/Ash interaction. I just can't get over how rushed that battle felt. I can kind of understand why someone might be disappointed. I actually enjoyed the junior cup a lot, but I give this a 7.5/10

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

wow that samurott...is just epic! ash could have something like that but noooooo
    decent episode i guess..battle was short lived....too bad that walmor didnt battle...

how would Wailord even have battled? it would be a sitting target to constant attacks, somthing that big can't be so fast as to dodge attacks like they were nothing.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Guys! Umm serebii accidently posted Oshawoot was in the episode, but he wasnt

I didn't get up this morning like I planned...ahem

But this episode seems pretty good. XD I laughed at how they split up by just going in the wrong direction. XD Wow guys, really bright. xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by RioluEeveeZorua fan View Post
    Guys! Umm serebii accidently posted Oshawoot was in the episode, but he wasnt
    Holy crap, Serebii made a mistake :P

Any ways, at least they showed Ash bonding with this rival unlike another rival we all know, it actually makes the rivalry better in my opinion.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Any ways, at least they showed Ash bonding with this rival unlike another rival we all know, it actually makes the rivalry better in my opinion.
    Nothing against Kotetsu, but Trip bonding with Ash would have been a much better episode. xD

....and now, her story begins.

Kotestu still doesn't interest me and the gym battle was really short. Marlon also deserved a better debut....this is probably the first and last time we'll see of him.

Overall, I'm left underwelmed from this episode.

Nothing against Kotetsu, but Trip bonding with Ash would have been a much better episode. xD
    Well we all know Trip would probably just run away or not say anything. Ash bonding with Kotetsu was fun. :3
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Samurott still sucks just as much as it did in the first BW movie.. can't enjoy the episode because of this.

The only good thing is that this kid has it instead of Ash..
    What's the matter with you? None of the starter evolutions are terrible. And the thought of Ash having Oshawott for the rest of the series is beyond stupid. I wish people would give it a chance.

My ideal battle ever!

Ohhh so thats how Ferrothorn moves.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What's the matter with you? None of the starter evolutions are terrible. And the thought of Ash having Oshawott for the rest of the series is beyond stupid. I wish people would give it a chance.
    To this day I still dislike Emboar's design, though the anime has made it a little better... but I flat out despise Samurott's design. Does that mean I want Ash to have Oshawott forever, no... but people are allowed to dislike/hate whatever they choose. Dewott is the better design IMO anyway.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast