Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The Road to Humilau (755)

That was a boring battle. Jellicent was beaten in one hit. It's also hard to care whether Kotetsu wins or loses.

I thought the first half was more entertaining. Marlon hardly got to do anything. Over all, bad episode.

I like this episode, my favourite of a few.

It was cool how they used Cameron, as a new rival to show off the gym and himself too! I really the first half of the episode were Ash and Cameron bond together. I also like how Cameron's shown to be like Ash in many ways, how they act and get along.

Haha, funny how they lost poor Cilan and Iris alone. I like how the group was; Ash, Cameron, Pikachu, Meloetta and Riolu. Nicely cool Pokemon combination. I thought the Pokemon expression were funny.
    It was sweet how Meloetta helped them find food in the rain. I thought the mistakes Cameron made are funny while still proves to be clever at times.
    Wow, Ash flipped his hat to save Cameron was epic, saying all those stuff from the bonding time. Oh, those star constellations are something. Lol, Cameron: Compass is confused too. XDDD

Awesome way to introduce Marlon, meeting back up at the gym with Cilan and Iris. A good gym battle, seeing Ash on the sides was different while Cameron does mistakes yet Ferrothorn and Samurott look cool with also Samurott anime debut I think. A nice win over Marlon's Mantine and Jellicent.

So Ash and Cameron say to meet up at the Unova League and say good bye!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I really couldnt get into this episode, it showed just how much Ash has been dumbed down since BW began. By the time Marlon arrived you didnt really see his personality it was just a 2 on 2 battle that didnt do anything revolutionary except a mantine that can use grass and psychic attacks which was a nice change, but overall the gym battle felt squashed in.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

An episode of two halves.

The first half involved the gang getting to Humilau City however Ash and Cameron get lost. This was actually a good thing because it allowed them to bond and we realise that they have similar interests and goals. I think this is the start of a great friendship.

The second half showed Cameron vs Marlon and unusually, Ash is on the sidelines :O. This battle had good moments showing Cameron's strong pokemon but he is far from a flawless trainer. I look forward to how he has developed from the league.

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

This was an ok episode. I don't really have any comment other than the gym battle Cameron had seemed incredibly short.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    I really couldnt get into this episode, it showed just how much Ash has been dumbed down since BW began. By the time Marlon arrived you didnt really see his personality it was just a 2 on 2 battle that didnt do anything revolutionary except a mantine that can use grass and psychic attacks which was a nice change, but overall the gym battle felt squashed in.
    I agree with this comment about the gym battle feeling squashed in. It was a shame, but it was a nice change that Ash was on the sidelines as someone above me said.

I also really did enjoy the bonding bit between the two because it seemed to give Ash a chance to re-live his goals and dreams and let them come to the fore front of his mind again, because in my recollection I can't recall him mentioning wanting to be a Pokemon Master at all in Unova. Although I could easily be wrong there!!

It was also a nice change to see a few different Pokemon to the usual lot, as the only Ash Pokemon we saw was Pikachu, and it gave the writers a chance to showcase some of Cameron's Pokemon and also let us see a Mantine again and a Jellicent!!

Overall, a good episode but I'd like to have seen a longer Gym Battle that was a 3 on 3 rather than a 2 on 2.

Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

Marlon's way too mellow, seriously Cameron flat out owned Mantine with Samurott and he didn't care at all, heck he even commented on how Cameron owned him.

lol guess they knew ahead of time since you can tell Samurott's a female, it's got that kind of voice tone down if you listen good enough.

Also why is Mantine now pronounced Mantine(tine sounded like Tin from Dratini) when it used to sound like "time" (change n and m) make up your mind dubbers.

Either way Cameron's got Idiot Savant syndrome it seems cause when it matters he tears stuff up in combat even if he doesn't have good mental control in other situations.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 5th January 2013 at 2:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    I also really did enjoy the bonding bit between the two because it seemed to give Ash a chance to re-live his goals and dreams and let them come to the fore front of his mind again, because in my recollection I can't recall him mentioning wanting to be a Pokemon Master at all in Unova. Although I could easily be wrong there!!
    Yap, you are wrong. He also said it to Iris and Cilan in the "Dreams by the Yard Full" (IIRC) for example.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

This was an odd episode. It felt like filler for the first half which could of easily turned people off and the gmy battle was out of nowhere. I liked the battle and it made me like Samurott more than I already do however it was odd at the same time.

This episode...wasn't really that good. There was a complete disregard of weak moves. Ferrothorn couldn't handle a measly Psybeam. Apparently, Cameron's Samurott is a little bit too overpowered using water type moves on Mantine (it could've been a big difference in Mantine had Water Absorb). Also, poor Marlon was beaten quite too fast unlike Roxie, not to mention a damned 2-on-2 is completely unheard of in this anime.

I feel sorry for both Roxie and Marlon for deviating too much from the usual 3-on-3 format.

Also, Cameron would have lost using Riolu for sure. That was actually a blessing. So yes, this episode was less than average. Screw the fact there was a Riolu around to catch my attention. Another one needs a more deserving episode than this...

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Also, poor Marlon was beaten quite too fast unlike Roxie, not to mention a damned 2-on-2 is completely unheard of in this anime.
    To my recolection, Sinnoh's the only region where there wasn't a 2 on 2 gym format

Previous two vs two matches.
    Kanto:Brock, Misty, Koga
    Jouto: Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce
    Hoenn: Roxanne, Brawly, Liza and Tate
    Sinnoh: none
    Unova:Lenora.

i actually reallly enjoyed the episode!! i liked the gym battle and studd but mostly liked how they got lost nd had to chill in the cae them being seperated from iris and cilan was my favorite.. loved it.... there bonding reminds me from back in indigo.. with ash and ritchie ... seems like cameron is his new replacement

The episode was like 50/50. The first half went well, and particularly hilarious. Nice to see Ash and Cameron interact with each other there.

But the second half...well, it felt a bit rushed. It just seem they just want to get the battle out of the way, that's all.

Has anyone noticed that they pronounced Mantine as Man-tin, and not Man-tine (like time). This is really weird, and I wish I would know why they did that.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Hmm, Kotetsu seems less scatterbrained to me in the dub. Maybe it's because of his voice and the fact that I now understand what he's saying. I do wonder if he trains himself as well as training his Pokemon, because he seemed to pull Ash up much easier than what Ash did. And the highlight of the episode for me was when he forgot Riolu and Riolu did its cry. I don't know why, but it seems really cool to me. Dangnabbit, it's Man-tin not Man-tine. (>.<)

Cameron's exactly defined as scatterbrained. He's humours, to me, at times than others. It gets a little annoying. Don't get me wrong, I love his character, but he could be putting his own Pokemon in danger. Call it a hunch.

The battle with Marlon was what I was looking forward to the most, but it was rushed like nobodies business. Not enough time to see more of Marlon as well.

Least Cameron got his last badge; his Samurott was pretty beast anyway.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    Has anyone noticed that they pronounced Mantine as Man-tin, and not Man-tine (like time). This is really weird, and I wish I would know why they did that.
    That annoyed me. Other times it has been Man-tine and it was fine like that.

Random : PokéRadar

I wish that Wailord was in the fight. There hasn't been a single Wailord in a battle in the anime.

Likely because of it's size; but yeah, how awesome would it be to see Wailord fight?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Likely because of it's size; but yeah, how awesome would it be to see Wailord fight?
    It'd probably be pretty awkward and pretty hard to animate :P Of course it could just be like Joltik vs Beartic and just squish the opponent XD

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Also, there could be a good reason why it doesn't fight.

The thing would cause tsunamis. That's just on par with the move Earthquake...

Wow... I really hated that gym battle in the dub :/

Well, not hate, but I don't like how Marlon forgot Mantine had Psybeam and just spammed Bullet Seed to no avail. Plus, Iris commented that Mantine was Marlon's main Pokemon, so shouldn't it have given Samurott a much tougher time (Samurott cake waked the thing)? Or is Ash the only one that has to suffer that fate
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Wow... I really hated that gym battle in the dub :/

Well, not hate, but I don't like how Marlon forgot Mantine had Psybeam and just spammed Bullet Seed to no avail. Plus, Iris commented that Mantine was Marlon's main Pokemon, so shouldn't it have given Samurott a much tougher time (Samurott cake waked the thing)? Or is Ash the only one that has to suffer that fate
    Well, now we know why there's a big influx of trainers that enter the league too easily: the Gym Leaders are informed to murder Ash on the spot with their Pokemon.

Let's forget the fact that most of us has played the games and look only at the anime. Is Marlon the most forgettable Gym Leader in the show's history?

Wow what an amazing episode, im so glad most of the episode was focused on Ash and Cameron derping around in the woods, you know instead of focusing on a gym battle and having a chance to show off the new gym leader. Oh Cameron why did you have to go now none of the episode will be the same without your wacky humor and your one dimensional writing.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast