Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Pkmn Games be harder?

Post Should Pkmn Games be harder?

Hello everyone! I was thinking about something. Do you think that the difficulty of the Poké-games go retouched? An infamous example.
    You're fighting the bad guy, but it will confiscate you the backpack and leaves you with only 6 Full Restores because "Let's see how you get on without your dear Revives!"
    Also add the fact that it even has a well developed Artificial Intelligence and Pkmn with appalling movesets (my favorite example is Cofagrigus with Embargo, Toxic, Mean Look and Curse. Shell Bell as item).
    And, if you lose the enemy will continue its sinister plans and will always be worse. The culmination there will be after losing three times: the evil plans will be achieved.
    So there you can decide whether to join the enemy ranks for loyalty, to then betray them or try again.
    I know it's far too interactive, however, what do you think? Maybe with the Wi-Fi Connection this interactivity could work ..

the trainer battles and gym leaders are really easy for me, then the elite four destroys. gym battles are too easy because if you're in rock gym you can just cause destruction with a water or grass type, and defeat every gym with type advantages. maybe that should change somehow? something like you're only allowed to use moves that arent super effective on certain gyms. that would test your strength. or not.. the striaton gym and nacrene city gym were hard
    Last edited by Ferrin; 27th August 2012 at 7:11 AM.

For example,more restrictions about the items?

nah. Seems complicated especially the three tries thing

Seems unfair especially where you have three tries left to defeat that person or it's game over
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by Lilia View Post
    Seems unfair especially where you have three tries left to defeat that person or it's game over
    Not exactly a game over but more on bad end or a worse end

And of course,These types of threads should belong to here http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ing!!!/page339 (I think)
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Look people, there is a formula. Everyone seems to want to complain about stuff, and yet they will complain when the formula is changed. We have all the items we have, we will never be limited except for the times where it is cut off like Battle Tower and Competitive. The AI can be stronger but do we really need every last trainer to wipe the floor with us? I can stand the evil teams being darker and stronger and maybe beating the player in cutscenes, but if we lose we should always get to just ave a chance tot rain a bit more and then rematch them. This is, frankly, a terrible idea that you didn't put any thought into as an actual Pokemon thing. Pleny of games have multiple endings and branching paths, that is not how Pokemon goes. I have rather well had enough fan-dumb who want to make Pokemon every other video game ever just with Pokemon characters.

I think the Elite 4 should stay the same difficulty, but there should be harder trainer battles...because If you battle EVERY trainer, you'll still be underleveled when you get to the E4. But I like the idea of having your bag stolen for a little bit. It'd suck if you had your lucky egg or something in there like a macho brace.

Especially on my 3rd or 4th run through, the games don't feel hard enough. Sometimes they're tedious, but they haven't got to the point where I've ever rage quitted (okay, I shouldn't say that) They haven't gotten to the point where I rage quitted IN A BATTLE. (Roar Raikou is the bane of my existence.)

Nope. I like the way they are. Not too easy and not too hard (for me that is). Besides, training your Pokes isn't really that easy. So I believe that it should stay this way. Besides, there are tough trainers already so I see no need for a higher difficulty level

nah, maybe a Challenge Mode option (although Gamefreak screwed it up in BW2) but I like it the way it is.

I think it is fine the way it is, the only hard thing being training post-game

I'd have to say if anything were to change difficulty wise they maybe should add in a few more random trainers who battle you throughout the game besides the rival and the leaders of the plasma, galatic, etc. It would be cool just to fight a random trainer then you keep runing into them, it's kind of like the TV interviewer and camerman in emerlad.

Problem is, these games are directed toward an audience of little kids who would probably get too frustrated if the games were harder and they couldn't beat them. When I was like 7 and I played my first Pokémon game, Ruby, I absolutely sucked at it. It took me an enormous amount of grinding to finally beat the elite four. Now, they're a snap because I actually know what I'm doing. I think if they only had three tries to beat the evil organization or whatever they'd get upset because they'd lose.

Spoiler:- credit:

Yes, yes and more yes. I don't think I've ever whited-out in game before [although I do train a lot, and buy healing items].

I don't think the games need to be harder. If it feels too easy, I just self-impose rules to make it more challenging.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Keep in mind, these games are marketed towards kids age, um, 8-10, i think? What you are suggesting is rather brutal, and nobody's going to want to continue buying games that are frustratingly difficult.

The games are fine how they are; cry me a river.

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    nah, maybe a Challenge Mode option (although Gamefreak screwed it up in BW2) but I like it the way it is.
    Exactly. Give us the option to activate Challenge Mode from the start and that's it.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Just make the wild pokemon level lower so it will more difficult to train like in HG/SS.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

If you think they are easy, go and make a nuzlocke run, trust me you won't think its easy then.

But I like the idea of having your bag stolen for a little bit. It'd suck if you had your lucky egg or something in there like a macho brace.
    :P A test for your strenght.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I don't understand really how to unlock it,indeed.

The only thing they need to do is make challenge Mode available from the beginning, and in both versions. Keep in mind these games are made for 8 year olds.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Spade View Post
    I don't understand really how to unlock it,indeed.
    You beat the Champion; it's that simple.

However that is exactly how it was botched; ideally it should have been available from the start (well, technically it is available from the start, as long as you have another DS and another copy of Black 2 that you've already beaten) and it should not have been version-exclusive. Poor White 2 players only get to make the game easier after defeating the Champion. :/

As for making the games harder, I don't think there is any need to do so. If you want to make it more challenging then impose restrictions on yourself, like in a Nuzlocke run. Nobody's forcing you to use those Revives.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I would like more gyms.

"Every night I used to pray that I'd find my people -
    And finally I did - on the open road."

I think the idea you've cooked up is wonderful, but unfortunately, that's not Pokemon. It'd be great as a side game, like the Mystery Dungeon series or something.

Although I do personally think that the Pokemon games should be harder. ((she's saying this as she's having trouble defeating her HGSS game))

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast