View Poll Results: What is your favourite Fossil-pokémon?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omanyte--Omastar (Rock/Water)

9 4.79%
  • Kabuto--Kabutops (Rock/Water)

29 15.43%
  • Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)

35 18.62%
  • Lileep--Cradily (Rock/Grass)

22 11.70%
  • Anorith--Armaldo (Rock/Bug)

20 10.64%
  • Cranidos--Rampardos (Rock)

14 7.45%
  • Shieldon--Bastiodon (Rock/Steel)

7 3.72%
  • Tirtouga--Carracosta (Water/Rock)

24 12.77%
  • Archen--Archeops (Rock/Flying)

28 14.89%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Fossil Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    Thats one possibility yes.

But I think either all of them already were Rock, or none of them were. But then I find it hard to think of some not being Rock like Tirtouga and Kabutops as for some of the others that could look exactly the same...
    Put it this way, if we were to revive fossils, the only physical thing we have left of them is rock. Rock can't be turned into living flesh and blood, so the Pokemon turn into the rock type, but kind of like Geodude where he's possibly made of rock but has living features eg eyes, mouth etc. Okay now Im confused because the more i try and explain, the more problems I find. xD Seriously GF, give us some more fossil insight soon.

Pokemon X: (Tam) 0860-4501-8564

Friend Safari: Spiritomb | Pumpkaboo | Shuppet

I love the idea of fossil pokemon, but the design haven't apealed to my, except aerodactyl and maybe rampardos.
    As for Relicanth, i believe that in a later game, about 10 years time, it could appear as a fossil. This would be a great touch.
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

Pokemon: Kanto Legends

Come on the Mighty Infernape!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlueLatios View Post
    I don't know why people keep talking about these fossil people keeping their rock type.. Its a game, meaning GF can just put things in the game without having to have an explanation. All fossil Pokemon are part rock simply because they were once fossilized inside rocks.
    Because its fun to figure this stuff out? Why discuss anything at all if its a game and GF could put in alien robot invasions?

You make it seem like a satisfying simple explanation, but for me its just raising more questions. Why would being fossilised make the original pokemon Rock after being brought back to life?

I mean, surely when GF decided to make ancient pokemon that are revived from DNA preserved in fossils (which btw is not doable in the real world because the DNA decays), they knew if those were to be exactly as the initial now extinct pokemon, or if seemingly magical alteration of the DNA merely by being buried in dead ground for ages is somthing thats a possibility in the pokemon universe.
    They were careful about details that most fans dont even notice or care about, like type orders from the sole beginning, so I simply don't believe that they don't have some actual explanation for this issue.

I always figure since they're fossils being rock types makes it natural. As for Tirtouga isn't it more water physical compared to Kabuto who is more water mixed and omanyte water special. Those two along with Craniados are my favorites

i like archen cuz hes cool

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlueLatios View Post
    If they had an explanation for it they would simply tell us. I mean whats to figure out? You wont figure anything out until GF gives you the answers to it which they would have done by now. I guess I know what you mean, though. Its fun to make guesses as to why GF did this or did that.
    What I mean is, when whoever came up with Kabutops' design for example, they knew if ancient Kabutops looked like this and this was simply a clone or if they were designing a rockified fossil version of it.

The more I think about it, the more it seems absurd to me that ancient Kabutops didn't look the same as they do now.
    And if all the fossils look the same as their ancient versions, there is just no way I would ever buy the "Rock was added because fossil" theory, cause surely you wouldnt look the same if your DNA got so affected by whatever dead rock forces that you now officially count as a Rock type pokemon.

Aerodactyl because he was seriously a haüs in gen 1

Kabuto is the only real answer here.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

Carracosta is my fave fossil Pokemon, followed closely by Aerodactyl.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    Kabuto is the only real answer here.
    Yeah, esp those slashing claws >:3 nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

I want to know how archeops was restored with feathers :s

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by 36squid View Post
    I want to know how archeops was restored with feathers :s
    If we take theory nr.3 I got an explanation.
    So assuming ancient Archeops is 100% identical to the revived Archeops in every way.
    Meaning, it is mainly Rock type and always was. Since we see no simple rocks covering its body or similar, I would say it (and several other Rock pokemon, especially Geodude and co.) has a different biological make-up than non-Rock pokemon. A wild speculative idea would be that its silicon-based instead of carbon or who knows what, but simply, its a kind of organism, with cell-structure that allows for the part storing its DNA to remain fully preserved instead of slowly decaying when suddenly buried in layers of rock or whatever circumstances the fossil pokemon samples were found in.

I would say Anorith/Armaldo. Probably because I've never used any other fossil Pokemon before besides Archeops and that was a fail -.-

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

I still like Cradily and Lileep more than any other Fossil (except maybe Relicanth, which is even, and Relicanth is a living fossil, so it techniacally fits under this condiditon

I think that Lileep, Anorith, and Omanyte are cute as well as their evolutions. :]

oh it's a love/hate romance. 'cause i could watch her dance, if i've got my boots.
    credit to Ruby Moon

i really like carracosta's design, especially the face shell/mask thing.

Omanyte/Omastar for me.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

i think your second theory makes sense to me
    actually they didn't have rock type, but they gain it
    so maybe kabutops were like Water/Bug ( i always think of that too, imagine bug vs bug: kabutops vs schyter!)
    remember theory about genesect = kabutops?
    maybe.. (just maybe)
    in a way that only team plasma knows, kabutops lost it's water typing and gained steel as a secondary type, making it a Bug/Steel!!!
    what if gamefreak send scouts to Pokemon forums,
    give some trailer for the new gen,
    then wait for our responds, and keep an eye on our speculation,
    and then steal our idea???

used THIEF!
    It's super effective!

Kabutops has always been my favourite fossil pokemon. Aerodactyl's cool too.
    Digimon Club
    Chapter 14 of A Dragon in Shining Armour is up.

Author's Profile (New)
    Banners by Sworn Metalhead ^ and Anastasia R. v ----pairs with Diamondpearl876
    Claimed: Grovyle (6/30/10) and a second time (11/10/13).

Quote Originally Posted by just mew View Post
    i think your second theory makes sense to me
    actually they didn't have rock type, but they gain it
    so maybe kabutops were like Water/Bug ( i always think of that too, imagine bug vs bug: kabutops vs schyter!)
    remember theory about genesect = kabutops?
    maybe.. (just maybe)
    in a way that only team plasma knows, kabutops lost it's water typing and gained steel as a secondary type, making it a Bug/Steel!!!
    With that theory, Kabutops would have looked differently originally too right? I mean since it looks more like a Rock pokemon than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    With that theory, Kabutops would have looked differently originally too right? I mean since it looks more like a Rock pokemon than any other.
    If that second theory is true, then I'm sure all the fossil Pokemon looked different. It's interesting to think about. Now I want to know what all the fossil Pokemon could've looked like before they became fossils
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

I am really wanting to exchange codes with someone who has: Ponyta, Charmeleon, Dewgong, Pikachu, Pinsir, Heracross, Spheal, Luxio, Gastrodon, Piloswine, Helioptile (Or Milotic if anyone finds one)

Rampardos, has great speed for a rock type, looks cool, and learns great moves, what more could you want from a type like that.

My favorite fossil is Tirtouga.
    I'd like to see a raptor or t-rex next

Aerodactyl, mainly because it's the fastest fossil out there!
    My team for Pokemon Y:

Also, if you have a Swirlix or a Clauncher I would be happy to trade with you .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast