View Poll Results: What is your favourite Fossil-pokémon?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omanyte--Omastar (Rock/Water)

9 4.79%
  • Kabuto--Kabutops (Rock/Water)

29 15.43%
  • Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)

35 18.62%
  • Lileep--Cradily (Rock/Grass)

22 11.70%
  • Anorith--Armaldo (Rock/Bug)

20 10.64%
  • Cranidos--Rampardos (Rock)

14 7.45%
  • Shieldon--Bastiodon (Rock/Steel)

7 3.72%
  • Tirtouga--Carracosta (Water/Rock)

24 12.77%
  • Archen--Archeops (Rock/Flying)

28 14.89%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fossil Pokémon

When I was little, Lileep WAS my favorite Pokemon. So, it's my choice. ^^

| tumblr. | dA |

Booooooy, this a tough one.

If I had to choose just ONE, I would choose.......Archen, because it evolves into the kickass Pokemon known as Archeops, and I love it, despite the crappy ability.

Always see myself using Bastiodon the most. Although it's usually death fodder due to its typing, an arm for an arm never hurts the odd time.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Cranidos--Rampardos is who I like more.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlueLatios View Post
    Right. So take Lileep for example. Before it became a fossil it was only grass type, but when scientists extracted it from the fossil it had to be part rock (because its body is most likely made up from rock since it came from a fossil) and kept its grass typing along with it.
    We don't know that, and even if I'm inclined to agree with that theory, the one that says that they became fossilized because they were rock type in the first place (and thus didn't decay) is just as possible. That's why I would like to get some further information in future games, though I doubt that Game Freak will bother.
        Spoiler:- Signature: 3DS FC & in-game character:

Quote Originally Posted by auteur View Post
    We don't know that, and even if I'm inclined to agree with that theory, the one that says that they became fossilized because they were rock type in the first place (and thus didn't decay) is just as possible. That's why I would like to get some further information in future games, though I doubt that Game Freak will bother.
    Yeah.

I'm sure if it affected their DNA so much that they became Rock-type, they would also be visually different etc...but Cradily for example, to me at the same time doesn't pass as non-Rock pokemon with its current look, but also doesn't look like it was in any way changed from its original design.. I mean, none of them look "Rock-ified" to me, except for Aerodactyl perhaps, and even if that was the case, I would expect them all to be merely secondary Rock not their main specialization.

All I want as proof is something that confirms they were exactly the same creatures originally as they are now. The design simply goes hand in hand with the type.
    I think there is some TCG art of fossil pokemon walking around at ancient times, but I doubt that counts.

Its just common sense. The Pokemon simply came from fossils and kept their rock typing.
    No its not.
    They were Rock before they died already. Makes just as much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    Yeah.

I'm sure if it affected their DNA so much that they became Rock-type, they would also be visually different etc...but Cradily for example, to me at the same time doesn't pass as non-Rock pokemon with its current look, but also doesn't look like it was in any way changed from its original design.. I mean, none of them look "Rock-ified" to me, except for Aerodactyl perhaps, and even if that was the case, I would expect them all to be merely secondary Rock not their main specialization.

All I want as proof is something that confirms they were exactly the same creatures originally as they are now. The design simply goes hand in hand with the type.
    I think there is some TCG art of fossil pokemon walking around at ancient times, but I doubt that counts.
    I guess Pokédex entries are the only clues that suggest that they're the same as the ones who lived in ancient times. I mean, if they were just "based" on those ancient Pokémon, that should be noted somewhere, but instead in many entries we read things like "This Pokémon lived in ancient times." or "Three hundred million years ago, it hid on the sea floor." (Randomly taken from Kabuto Silver and Crystal entries, but there're tons of other examples) that suggest that this same creature lived in the past.

Its just common sense. The Pokemon simply came from fossils and kept their rock typing.
    To you and to me it may seem the most plausible explanation, but the lack of any official one makes it still debatable, since there may be little clues that could suggest the "they were always rock type" explanation. (As the Pokédex entries I named or Relicanth typing that may show rock types were abundant in ancient times.) I mean, it's a healthy debate and there's no need to discard any possibility.

omastar is the best competitive pokemon c:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKyogre443 View Post
    omastar is the best competitive pokemon c:
    You are right competitively...too bad Rampardos just really looks cool..
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Omastar: That silly face always made me smile, and I always liked that shell on its back. I'll admit, though, I like Omastar better now than when I did as a kid.

Kabutops: ...Kabutops has always been a less-cool version of Scyther to me. ...Okay, as a kid, I always wanted Kabutops, but as a kid, I also only liked Pokemon just for being lizard like and having weapons. Now a days, I don't have as much respect for it as I did as a kid.

Aerodactyl: I'll admit he can look cool in the right light, but the games rarely show that right light to me.

Armaldo: Armaldo is kind of adorable in a way. I remember playing Pokemon XD and seeing Armaldo's animation in that game where he slams his tail down, and then the big guy shakes for a second. I always found that cute, to be honest.

Cradilly: Meh. ...All I really have to say. Meh.

Ramparudos: Another meh. He's kind of cool, but not as much as Omastar or Armaldo to me.

Bastiodon: I used to be really disgusted by Bastiodon. It's so ugly. And yet, it's so ugly it's kind of cute.

Caracosta: ...Nope. This guy's just plain ugly.

Archeops: Archeops is kind of cool. Colorful and pretty lizard-like in the face. Even then, I'm never been all that much of a fan.

All in all, it would be a toss-up between Omastar and Armaldo.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Omanyte, Lileep & Cradily, Anorith & Armaldo and Aerodactyl are my favorites. I love their designs.
    A loyal servant of Albert Wesker, and the master of sandviches.
    No, not Jill sandviches. Sorry.

My scroll in Dragon Cave. Go and click my babies, will ya?

I have officially claimed Yanma.
    GYHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bryan Fury is MINE!

My favourite fossil Pokemon is Carracosta, for me it easily has the nicest design of all the fossils.
    Friend Code
    0860-3708-9703

Friend Safari (Ghost)
    Lampent - Pumpkaboo - Golurk

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    If that ruins Rampardos, then ~90% of the rest are useless too, and we might as well all just use uber legends.
    What do you mean?Rampardos sucks,but that does not mean 90% of Pokemon suck.

My favourite fossil Pokemon is either the anorith line or the archen line. I like Archeops cauz he is a BAWSS flying type with bad self esteem... (his ability) And I like Armaldo because (third qen was the best) he has EPIC clawz and he just has the best design of all the fossil Pokemon.

RAWK ON

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    What do you mean?Rampardos sucks,but that does not mean 90% of Pokemon suck.
    Ive been defeating pokemon with it all day long on my NU-tier fossil team.
    The whole team would play miserably on any higher tier.

Yes 90% of pokemon suck and are easily countered/KOd compared to the better 10%.
    All I am saying is, just because Rampardos cannot compete with guys like Garchomp, does not mean its useless.

Don't you think GF would have given us answers on this by now? Its been five generations already.
    Which helps your argument how? Neither is more plausible with no explanation given.

Polly wanna cracker!? Reeaaarrrwwwrrrrrr!!! (:<

Default Rampardos the master of the ancients!!!

images (3).jpgRampardos has great speed and strength as well as he can learn many strong moves most rock types could not learn, i almost cried when i lost my diamond for him and him only( as well as my lucky pikachu) but in all now that i have another i expect him to rise to the ocassion, as did my original.

I'm a huge fan of most Fossil Pokemon. Omanyte/Omastar will always have a special place in my heart, and have been some of my favorite Pokemon since RBY. I also love Aerodactyl, Lileep/Cradily, Relicanth (if it counts) and Cranidos/Rampardos. Never actually used Archen/Tirtouga but they both seem pretty fun to use.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

I would love to see Fossil Bert and Ernie Pokemon. They're old, right?
    Is Relicanth concidered a Fossil Pokemon?

What is the process of reviving a fossilized pokemon? How do they reconstruct the full pokemon from just a shell or claw?

I personally think that the majority of these prehistoric pokemon were originally rock pokemon like Aerodactyl who wasn't even revived from a rock/fossil.

However, I also believe that Lileep and Anorith were originally water/grass and water/bug because of what they are based on and their lifestyle.

Well, it is GameFreak magic!
    Nah, I don't think so. Omastar could've been just water, and Kabutops may have been... something else. But I see your point
    Just imagine them with squishy skin instead of rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Hancade View Post
    images (3).jpgRampardos has great speed
    Rampardos' speed is 58.Great speed my a@s.

It is great after 2 or more Rock Polish though..
    Or in a Trick Room Team.
    Or with some Scarf

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    I'm a huge fan of most Fossil Pokemon. Omanyte/Omastar will always have a special place in my heart, and have been some of my favorite Pokemon since RBY.
    Cheers for that. I recall wanting a Kabutops in my first Blue run but somehow I mistakenly took the Helix Fossil. I was disappointed at first, but I learned to love the Omanyte family.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Is Relicanth concidered a Fossil Pokemon?
    Well, it's a kind of living fossil, but I guess that it would be more accurate to describe it just as an ancient or prehistoric Pokémon, since it wasn't revived from a fossil (even though it was once thought to be extinct, according to Emerald Pokédex).

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    What is the process of reviving a fossilized pokemon? How do they reconstruct the full pokemon from just a shell or claw?
    According to some of Aerodactyl's Pokédex entries, it was revived from the DNA that was inside the Old Amber. My knowledge in DNA is almost null, but I guess one can assume that the remainings (the ones trapped in amber and the ones fossilized in rocks) contain the full genetic information, and thus, with some futuristic technology they can revive the full organism. This may be reaffirmed by Omanyte's Red/Blue entries: "Although long extinct, in rare cases, it can be genetically resurrected from fossils." I guess the rare cases mean when the genetic code can fully be recovered and isn't damaged or has missing segments.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast