View Poll Results: What is your favourite Fossil-pokémon?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omanyte--Omastar (Rock/Water)

9 4.79%
  • Kabuto--Kabutops (Rock/Water)

29 15.43%
  • Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)

35 18.62%
  • Lileep--Cradily (Rock/Grass)

22 11.70%
  • Anorith--Armaldo (Rock/Bug)

20 10.64%
  • Cranidos--Rampardos (Rock)

14 7.45%
  • Shieldon--Bastiodon (Rock/Steel)

7 3.72%
  • Tirtouga--Carracosta (Water/Rock)

24 12.77%
  • Archen--Archeops (Rock/Flying)

28 14.89%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Fossil Pokémon

Kabuto--Kabutops FTW. I just loved it when I first saw it in Pokemon Yellow and in the anime a long time ago.

What I would like to see is Fossilize Dragon type. Though I think it would have more then 2 weakness but with a good background story on it I wouldn't care.

The reason I think they are part rock type is simply because they are revive from fossils. So they still have rock minerals in their DNA and what type they use to be.

Example Water/Rock, Flying/Rock etc.

Not asking just hoping for this to be an avatar,

Alright I just found some confirmation of my theory.

I was playing BW2 earlier and visited the Nacrene museum.... Guess what I found there. A big Armaldo fossil is for show right there. And it looks 100% the same as the revived ones do, as I thought would be perfect sense to expect anyway.

And as I pointed out before, look goes hand in hand with type. If some pokemon suddenly lost/gained/changed one of its types, SOMETHING has to happen to its look whatever it is, it definitely wouldn't look exactly the same.

So I am completely sold now on the idea that each fossil pokemon was Rock-type from the beginning, which is the reason why their fossils are well enough preserved to enable cloning in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    I was playing BW2 earlier and visited the Nacrene museum.... Guess what I found there. A big Armaldo fossil is for show right there. And it looks 100% the same as the revived ones do, as I thought would be perfect sense to expect anyway.
    Whoa, now I'm even more eager to play BW2. Kinda reminds me of the skeletons of Kabutops and Aerodactyl in Pewter Museum, they looked pretty much the same as their revived forms too.

I can't see how Anorith and Armaldo can be Bug types. I hope they will make more fossil Bug types based off insects in the future.
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

:: Athos :: Porthos :: Aramis
    :: D'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Eelijah View Post
    I can't see how Anorith and Armaldo can be Bug types. I hope they will make more fossil Bug types based off insects in the future.
    You cannot really think of how much sense the Bug type makes for it, because you have no reference of what a secondary Bug-time is supposed to be.
    Short of Skorupi, all Bug types are primary Bugs, so its hard to define what exactly would make a secondary Bug type. My guess is segmented body, or features like sticking out eyes and insect-like limbs, which Armaldo pretty much fits.

aroedacyl hands down

and fossil pokemon i would like to see:
    mammoth
    sabetooth tiger
    velocoraptor
    stegasourus
    loch ness monster (nessie ish)
    t-rex
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I really liked the idea of Fossil Pokemon.

I voted for Armaldo, but Archen, Sheldon and Kabutops are all so awesome. :"D

It makes sense being Rock Types. I also like your theories. :3

Quote Originally Posted by auteur View Post
    Whoa, now I'm even more eager to play BW2. Kinda reminds me of the skeletons of Kabutops and Aerodactyl in Pewter Museum, they looked pretty much the same as their revived forms too.
    Its in BW1 too.... Just go into the nacrene museum and look at the exhibits

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Its in BW1 too.... Just go into the nacrene museum and look at the exhibits
    Really? I must've forgotten about it, seems like an eternity since I thouroughly checked the museum and not just made a brief visit up to the entrance to revive some fossils. Thanks for telling me, I'm gonna revisit it the next time I play.

My theory is that we'll fossils are rocks and the Pokemon fossils are rocks and after being revived it still has some rock in it.

Yah...it doesn't make since.

Anyway my favorite is aridactyl(spelling?)and I would like to see a new fossil as ice/rock or electric/rock.

Omega - 1/1/13

My favorite is Archeops. I love its design and I have one in my Black team. It has been a good Pokemon to me despite its ability. =D
    But I also like Armaldo, Rampardos, and Aerodactyl. And I've used Archeops more than any other fossil Pokemon.
    FUTURE ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Will be soft reseting for Shiny Treecko. Shiny Salamence will be from Y as a Bagon.
    Might even try getting a Shiny of the others with DexNav, Hordes, and Chain Fishing.

ADVENTURE STARTING DECEMBER 25TH.

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Giblie View Post
    My favorite is Archeops. I love its design and I have one in my Black team. It has been a good Pokemon to me despite its ability. =D
    Yep, it's a great Pokémon for in-game teams, I used one in White too and it was one of my strongest Pokémon. Since it's also very fast barely anyone survived its attacks long enough to hurt it and make its ability active. And its design is plain awesome!

I wish there was an Rock/Electric and a Rock/Dark fossil Pokemon.

Rock/Flying fossils ftw!
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Definately going for Lileep. It's evolution, Cradily, looks badass.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678