Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Pokemon HG Team ideas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Quidam Locus
    Posts
    171

    Cool Pokemon HG Team ideas

    This is basically a thread that is for suggestions for my HG team. Movesets are planned to be for when I battle a lt surge or some other early kanto leader. What I need help with is movesets. NOTE: Havent started yet so am just doing rough ideas and mons I will definitely use.

    Typhlosion-Syndicate
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Earthquake
    ~Brick Break

    Lapras
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Perish Song
    ~Ice Shard

    Exeggutor
    ~Leaf Storm
    ~Psychic (can trade over to Diamond)
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Sleep powder

    Venomoth-Antvenom
    ~Zen Headbutt
    ~Signal Beam
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~Sleep Powder

    Dragonite
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Fly
    ~Waterfall

    Miltank-(No nickname-was traded over.)
    ~Milk Drink
    ~Body Slam
    ~Earthquake
    ~Zen Headbutt

    Constructive criticism welcome. Any suggestions are great because, well, I'm an indecisive guy.
    Last edited by Argon Wartortle; 21st September 2012 at 6:56 AM. Reason: New team members
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

    Hoenn Starters :3



    I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Typhlosion @ Expert Belt
    Mild / Blaze
    • Flamethrower
    • Shadow Claw
    • Focus Miss
    • Earthquake

    Lapras @ Leftovers
    Modest / Shell Armor
    • Surf
    • Thunderbolt
    • Ice Beam
    • Psychic
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    402

    Default

    ^I was going to post my lapras set but you beat me, of course its pretty standard.

    Exeggutor
    ~ Leafstorm/Energy ball
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Leech seed/sludge bomb
    ~ Sleep powder

    I don't like leaf storms drop in sp. attack because it would force a switch out to reset the stat drop, but its your choice. Barrage and sludge bomb would do little, but if you like sludge bomb would provide some coverage instead of using leech seed.
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

    MM success so far,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Dragonite can be filler if you like. Run Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Dragon Claw / Waterfall if you do imo.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Quidam Locus
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Typhlosion @ Expert Belt
    Mild / Blaze
    • Flamethrower
    • Shadow Claw
    • Focus Miss
    • Earthquake

    Lapras @ Leftovers
    Modest / Shell Armor
    • Surf
    • Thunderbolt
    • Ice Beam
    • Psychic
    Great ideas thanks. forgot typhlosion got focus miss. Done HG a couple times with typhlosion and four time out of five it had mild. Not really the most competitive person on wifi etc so lapras will just stick to the nature I get it with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

    Hoenn Starters :3



    I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Quidam Locus
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Dragonite can be filler if you like. Run Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Dragon Claw / Waterfall if you do imo.
    Sounds great. DRAGONITES OWN. Might do fly over Dragon claw and fire punch over fire blast so that I can stick an expert belt on it and spam dragon moves till I win. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Last edited by Argon Wartortle; 9th September 2012 at 8:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

    Hoenn Starters :3



    I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Sounds great. DRAGONITES OWN. Might do fly over Dragon claw and fire punch over fire blast so that I can stick an expert belt on it and spam dragon moves till I win. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Use Fly if you must. If you do , you'll not want to spam Draco Meteor too much since it lowers your Special Attack. If you use Fly , then Dragon Claw > Draco Meteor is better.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Quidam Locus
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Use Fly if you must. If you do , you'll not want to spam Draco Meteor too much since it lowers your Special Attack. If you use Fly , then Dragon Claw > Draco Meteor is better.
    Yeah probably... Why do competitive battlers spam Draco meteor? I got the idea off the kyurem potw. But the catch for this occasion is Draco meteor is the only special attack I will have. And I can switch moves easily. Just fire off a Draco meteor then spam physical moves maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

    Hoenn Starters :3



    I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Yeah probably... Why do competitive battlers spam Draco meteor? I got the idea off the kyurem potw. But the catch for this occasion is Draco meteor is the only special attack I will have. And I can switch moves easily. Just fire off a Draco meteor then spam physical moves maybe.
    That's fine , but now you'll want Dragon Claw > Waterfall , since Dragon + Fire covers a lot already.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Pastry Core of the Galaxy
    Posts
    251

    Default

    i have an awesome typhlosion and its lv 70, i din't EV train because i didn't know what EV training was, its really powerful in-game and for friendly matches, sometimes battle tower

    Typhlosion @ Charcoal
    Blaze

    Rock Slide
    Focus Blast (not really a good move, only used for PKMN league, searching for a replacement)
    Eruption
    Blast Burn (STAB move, good for hurting water types, rocks, etc)

    its a good set, its my opinion
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

        Spoiler:- text:


    I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    i have an awesome typhlosion and its lv 70, i din't EV train because i didn't know what EV training was, its really powerful in-game and for friendly matches, sometimes battle tower

    Typhlosion @ Charcoal
    Blaze

    Rock Slide
    Focus Blast (not really a good move, only used for PKMN league, searching for a replacement)
    Eruption
    Blast Burn (STAB move, good for hurting water types, rocks, etc)

    its a good set, its my opinion
    LoL , Blast Burn sucks.

    I've already given a better set
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Pastry Core of the Galaxy
    Posts
    251

    Default

    to be honest with you, i really couldn't care less about you Typhlosion's set. my typhlosion would destroy your's any day of the week. even if you typhlosion was a higher level, my typhlosion would do more damage with blast burn, since A) it's a high power move, B) It's a STAB move, and C) my typhlosion has bonded with me to Max, meaning all its stats are boosted slightly when in battle.
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

        Spoiler:- text:


    I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Pastry Core of the Galaxy
    Posts
    251

    Default

    also my typhlosion knows a rock move, rendering your typhlosion harmless
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

        Spoiler:- text:


    I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    to be honest with you, i really couldn't care less about you Typhlosion's set. my typhlosion would destroy your's any day of the week. even if you typhlosion was a higher level, my typhlosion would do more damage with blast burn, since A) it's a high power move, B) It's a STAB move, and C) my typhlosion has bonded with me to Max, meaning all its stats are boosted slightly when in battle.
    You're kidding right? A Typhlosion with 2 Fire Type moves and some average coverage is better and can "beat mine any day of the week". Blast Burn wouldn't OHKO Typhlosion , and then you'd need to recharge. And btw Rock Slide dosen't render it "harmless" , even if it's SE. You need to understand that Flamethrower does more than BB over two turns too , before you make a rate. Two Turn moves suck. You think that since you beat the E4 with that **** you call a Typhlosion , that it's good? You're funny , but you're rates are even more hillarious.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Pastry Core of the Galaxy
    Posts
    251

    Default

    well before you start calling my typhlosion ****, then maybe you need to re-read my post. i do admit that rock slide wouldn't render it harmless, it was just a figure of speech. and that moveset was ages ago. i now realise that BB is a pile of **** and i have re-done typhlosion's moveset:

    ThunderBolt
    Rock Slide
    Flamethrower
    Metal Claw

    (i know metal claw is bad, but i used it to give my typhlosion coverage against it's weak points)
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

        Spoiler:- text:


    I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Aura sensai is correct. the only thing more funny than your misguided love for your typhosion is your movesets. You should stop posting in this section.
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

    MM success so far,

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    well before you start calling my typhlosion ****, then maybe you need to re-read my post. i do admit that rock slide wouldn't render it harmless, it was just a figure of speech. and that moveset was ages ago. i now realise that BB is a pile of **** and i have re-done typhlosion's moveset:

    ThunderBolt
    Rock Slide
    Flamethrower
    Metal Claw

    (i know metal claw is bad, but i used it to give my typhlosion coverage against it's weak points)
    Unless you hack (which it seems) , you can't get Thunderbolt or Metal Claw on Typhlosion. Metal Claw sucks anyways.

    Funny thing is , you sent me a Friend Request too. You must know you're wrong.

    And thanks koosbane.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where Life Starts and End
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    to be honest with you, i really couldn't care less about you Typhlosion's set. my typhlosion would destroy your's any day of the week. even if you typhlosion was a higher level, my typhlosion would do more damage with blast burn, since A) it's a high power move, B) It's a STAB move, and C) my typhlosion has bonded with me to Max, meaning all its stats are boosted slightly when in battle.
    Drugs....PEOPLE DON'T USE DRUGS! Or you will end doing those rates!!!

    Hahaha! Did you call your Typhlosion...good?....Hahahaah! Please, you need to LURK MOAR!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Pastry Core of the Galaxy
    Posts
    251

    Default

    spell it right *******. and i cant hack, don't know how. so back off all of you, before you make stuff worse than it is. Aura I said thanks multiple times about ur comments, so don't start turning round the tables. and Akanjao, i know what you sed bout me and stuff and i've reported you. and it seems i was right. you are the small percentage of americans and Canadians who are self-righteous dicks after all. you are just like a bad joke. you disgrace your country. its people like you that give your nation a bad name. and i look down upon you all with shame. thank god i don't know any of you in person.
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

        Spoiler:- text:


    I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    spell it right *******. and i cant hack, don't know how. so back off all of you, before you make stuff worse than it is. Aura I said thanks multiple times about ur comments, so don't start turning round the tables. and Akanjao, i know what you sed bout me and stuff and i've reported you. and it seems i was right. you are the small percentage of americans and Canadians who are self-righteous dicks after all. you are just like a bad joke. you disgrace your country. its people like you that give your nation a bad name. and i look down upon you all with shame. thank god i don't know any of you in person.
    You need to grow up , Canada and the US are great Country's and we don't disgrace our Country's.

    I think that Lucas is scared right now.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Pastry Core of the Galaxy
    Posts
    251

    Default

    im not saying they arent great countrys. all im saying is that most of the reason most the world thinks your annoying is because ppl like you are so stuck up and think ur the best all the time. you need to learn when to step down, admit ur wrong, and apologise. and i dont mean about my rates. or the movesets. this has mutated from a fun discussion set up by someone who wants some answers, to a hating thread. i apologise to you squirtle, fr ruining your thread. why can't you just say 'ok, we treated u unfairly, we souldn't talk behind ppl's backs, so just grow up and act maturely. god, why can't we just act civilised and asult about this, its just a misunderstanding
    Last edited by THEIRONDONUT; 21st September 2012 at 9:53 PM. Reason: didn't say what needed to be said.
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

        Spoiler:- text:


    I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Well maybe we aren't wrong.

    If you want to learn to get better at rating , then do what all of the good raters did , lurk more and study up on the aspects of Pokemon.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where Life Starts and End
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    spell it right *******. and i cant hack, don't know how. so back off all of you, before you make stuff worse than it is. Aura I said thanks multiple times about ur comments, so don't start turning round the tables. and Akanjao, i know what you sed bout me and stuff and i've reported you. and it seems i was right. you are the small percentage of americans and Canadians who are self-righteous dicks after all. you are just like a bad joke. you disgrace your country. its people like you that give your nation a bad name. and i look down upon you all with shame. thank god i don't know any of you in person.
    Hahaha! LOLLMAOWTF! Are U mad Broh?!

    First things....First!
    1°: Who said I'm Canadian?! Who said I'm American?! I from Brazil, so I'm godamn sexy *O*
    By the way, i can't disgrace my country... She's already a disgrace, haha!
    2°: You reported me? That's AWESOME! So i'll report you too. You know why? Because i DIDN'T do anything wrong...i guess....OHGODWHY?!
    3°: Me D7d3 i don5 kno2 ho2 t9 spelling, sory me, pliiiiiisssss?! s2 <<<<<<<3 You

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    You need to grow up , Canada and the US are great Country's and we don't disgrace our Country's.

    I think that Lucas is scared right now.
    Yay! I ain't scared, i mean...i don't double post THAT MUCH, and my historic on SPPF is pretty good
    Last edited by Sohryu; 21st September 2012 at 11:12 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Hahaha! LOLLMAOWTF! Are U mad Broh?!

    First things....First!
    1°: Who said I'm Canadian?! Who said I'm American?! I from Brazil, so I'm godamn sexy *O*
    By the way, i can't disgrace my country... She's already a disgrace, haha!
    2°: You reported me? That's AWESOME! So i'll report you too. You know why? Because i DIDN'T do anything wrong...i guess....OHGODWHY?!
    3°: Me D7d3 i don5 kno2 ho2 t9 spelling, sory me, pliiiiiisssss?! s2 <<<<<<<3 You


    Yay! I ain't scared, i mean...i don't double post THAT MUCH, and my historic on SPPF is pretty good
    That's going in my siggy now.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    526

    Default

    We shan't turn this into a talk thread and we should seriously get back to Rating Neon Squirtle's team.

    EDIT: @THEIRONDONUT: Ok! You're causing NOTHING but fights! I'm forced to report you AGAIN!
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 24th September 2012 at 4:12 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •