Thread: Opinions On My Soul Silver Team?

Threaded View

Default Opinions On My Soul Silver Team?

Hey everybody, as some of you may know, I posted a thread a while ago with a bunch of pokemon on it and I was trying to put together a team. From the advice of other people and through research on various sites, I finally chose the team of 6 I will use. If you could take a look and give me some feedback I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Crobat @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 255 Hp / 255 Spd
    Nature: Careful
    -Confuse Ray
    -Toxic
    -Super Fang
    -Fly

This is my crobat lead. This thing works wonders. I start with a confuse ray to limit my opponent's ability to attack. Then try to poison it with toxic. From there I either use super fang or fly to do damage. Fly is meant more for stalling purposes than it is to be a strong attack. Because this crobat doesn't need to rely on it's attack or special attack, I was able to use EVs and nature to give it some bulk. It holds black sludge as a way to heal and to discourage trick.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 255 Hp / 255 Def
    Nature: Docile
    -Toxic
    -Minimize
    -Psychic
    -Softboiled

This blissey is my toxic staller/special wall. It runs a pretty simple set. First poison with toxic, use minimize to raise evasiveness, psychic to take care of fighting type threats, and softboiled to heal.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Naive
    -Flamethrower
    -Close Combat
    -Rock Slide
    -Grass Knot

This is a standard MixedNape. It has max speed and good coverage. Pretty basic stuff.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Fire Punch

My physical sweeper is dragonite. It uses DD to boost attack and speed, then does a lot of damage using it's great coverage.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Nature: Brave
    -Power Whip
    -Synthesis
    -Sleep Powder
    -Earthquake

Tangrowth is my physical wall. It has great HP and defense. Sleep power puts opponents to sleep (obviously), synthesis is to heal, and power whip and EQ do a good amount of damage.

Metagross @ Choice Band/Scarf
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Nature: Jolly
    -Bullet Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Thunder Punch
    -Explosion

This is my metagross. It's meant to work mostly as a revenge kill using either massive attack or speed depending on the item (band for in-game, scarf for battling real people). I also have several pokemon on my team who have weaknesses to ice types, and metagross will serve as my main method of dealing with those ice types.

Well that's my team! Please let me know what you think and give me any pointers you think might help! Thanks and have a nice day!
    Last edited by EvilTyranitar; 26th September 2012 at 12:37 AM.