Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Necrosis RP

Default Shadow Necrosis RP

SHADOW NECROSIS RP
    By Avenger Angel and Meeker

DISCUSSION: Right here

RULES

• Meeker and I are the overseers. We try to be friendly and we don't bite, but it does help if you cooperate and hear us out.
    • Serebii rules apply, but you already knew about that. Just a friendly reminder.
    • Bunnying rules for the RP are a little more lax, since getting healed and even revived is possible. But don't one-hit kill anyone's player character. If you think your post might be unfair, chances are good it is. If unsure, run it by me first and don't hesitate to ask questions. My VM/PM box is always open and ready.
    • God-modding restrictions are a little more lax too. I definitely don't mind characters building up their power and buffing themselves out with self-assigned side quests and whatnot, just so as long as they never become completely invincible. Even Godzilla and Chuck Norris have a weakness somewhere.
    • I'm not expecting you to surrender your life and every waking moment to this RP, but we'd like if you try to remember us and keep active when you can. It helps and keeps things fun, fresh, and active.
    • If you're waiting on another person to post and it's taking them quite a while, hang up the phone and break away from them by having something else grab your character's attention. This helps by making sure lots of people don't stay waiting and get locked up just from one person's inactivity.
    • Try to limit OOC chat. If you've got a lot on your mind regarding the RP, hey, use the discussion thread, we'll see it.

RULE ADDITIONS

When the RP begins, I'd like people to do the following. I'm not going to chew you out if you slip on these, but I think they would help.

HEADER FOR EACH POST

Something that looks like this would be fine:

Axel the Charizard (Character name and Species)
    Order of Xiav (Faction)
    Goldenrod City, Johto (Location)
    Affected RPers: Xeth - (KnightOfNi) (What PC characters your character is interacting with and the member name of who owns them).

This makes it easy for people to remember your character's name, what side they're on, and where they can be found without having to pull up the whole character's sign up and backtrack through your posts to find out where your character is. Also, if you have multiple characters, this lets people know which one you're writing for.

Also, the "Affected RPers" part gives people a heads up alert whenever another PC character is interacting with theirs, especially if they're being attacked. If you see your character's name in someone else's header, it's definitely a post you should read carefully.

QUOTE YOUR ABILITY/SPELL/CURSE WHEN ITS USED

Again, this saves people the trouble and agony from having to look it up on your sign up along with saving them from having to figure out which one you're using. When you use one of your character's seven special faction abilities, quote it right in the RP narrative so people know what it is and what it does. So your RP narrative should look something like this example:

I licked my chops at these quivering fools. These pathetic excuses for Pokémon. My name, Krovax the Dreaded, would spread among them and would be synonymous with fear. I would be the one Zoroark that they could not lay eyes upon without anguish. And for that, I could enjoy a banquet of infamy. It was what I always wanted.

I held out my open hand, sneered with a laughter of madness, and then gathered my dark, wicked energy to feast upon their souls with ravenous hunger. The orb of hated shadow flames summoned from the depths of the darkest nightmares swarmed around my hand, and then when it was ready to devour, I unleashed it upon the screaming villagers as they tried to flee with laughable failure.

NIGHTMARE FIRE - Drawn from the depths of the darkest dreams and night terrors, these flesh and mind-consuming flames relentlessly consume their victims until barely even ash remains.
    NPC Effect - NPCs are savagely devoured by the fire until nothing remains, unable to put it out even with water or smothering.
    PC Effect - PCs take heavy burns, but the flames have the tendency to burn out before the victim is fully consumed if the PC's will to survive is strong enough.
    All four of the squealing villagers were suddenly overwhelmed with an engulfing inferno of shadow nightmare flame. As they cried, I simply turned my back on them, walking away, laughing like a madman. Truly, they were obvious to true power, and they only learned far too late...

So yeah, just stick with that kind of setup, I feel it would be pretty helpful on everybody.

RP DETAILS

Spoiler:- In Case You Need It...:

TOWN DISTRIBUTION

Currently, this states which towns and areas are under what faction's control. Areas that are "contested" have both factions with a presence and foothold in the same city, and would likely be fighting to push the other out.

NEW BARK TOWN - Sonne Controlled
    CHERRYGROVE CITY - Sonne Controlled
    BLACKTHORN CITY - Sonne Controlled
    MAHOGANY TOWN - Sonne Controlled
    VIOLET CITY - Contested
    ECRUTEAK CITY - Contested
    AZALEA TOWN - Contested
    GOLDENROD CITY - Xiav Controlled
    OLIVINE CITY - Xiav Controlled
    CIANWOOD CITY - Xiav Controlled
    Last edited by Avenger Angel; 1st November 2013 at 4:26 PM.

Syrax the Goodra
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Mahogany Town, Johto
    Affected RPers: N/A

Xiav...

Ever since I learned their name, I've hated them. And usually it takes quite a bit for me to hate something. I dislike a lot of things. Old pizza, long lines, dead batteries, now those were things to dislike. But Xiav... I've been leader of the Sonne for years, but never did I think something so dark and evil could become so... widespread. Xiav... they were a virus of darkness, no doubt about that.

And we had to be the cure. I wasn't about to let Sonne's legacy become the stuff of forgotten history. In the beginning, I took their threat too lightly. I didn't think they would rapidly grow in strength and influence in so little time. I thought I could keep Sonne's secrets of light secure, but it was a little too late for that. I had to give the command to step into the open, which meant revealing that Sonne wasn't just a silly fairytale or myth. I knew stepping into the open was a last resort when it came to the Sonne, as our ancestors wanted Pokémon to be blissfully ignorant of the darkness of witchcraft while we made sure it didn't surface from the corners of the world. For generations, we had tried to protect ourselves by staying underground while trying to keep ourselves as just another urban legend. Now, our only choice was to become the forefront defense of the innocent... where all other defenses had fallen. The police have fallen back, the armed forces bewildered by this new threat, and all that was left was us to take their place as the sentinels of the world.

The choice between keeping our secrets of light under lock and key like they had been for generations... and sharing them with those civilians and warriors that would help us fight against Xiav... now that was a tricky choice that only I as the leader of Sonne could make. But in the end, I knew we needed all the help we could get. I gave the order for our best teachers and mentors to share the secrets with every man, woman, and child Pokémon that wanted to fight against Xiav and resist the darkness. The adults were trained to bend the light and holy fires used by our ancestors to drive back the shadows and witchcraft, while children were mentored to become healers and protectors. No one was too young or weak to help us or support the Sonne cause.

In a world that had plunged head-first into the blackest seas of shadow, it was the sanest choice. The one I knew I would least regret. Because I knew that otherwise... our weapons and shields of light would be taken with us to the grave if we didn't take action.

In the gathering room we had set aside for our campaign, we had laid out the map of Johto, and which areas were confirmed to be under our control and which ones were still seized by Xiav. At least three dozen high-ranking Pokémon were in the room.

"We've still managed to keep eastern Johto out of the darkness," Damien, the wise Typhlosion who assisted me as my tactician, pointed to the locations we had on a map that was laid out on a table. "Our sources indicate we've managed to keep Xiav out of here, and any cathedrals and ziggurats they've constructed were torn down. While their damned scriptures and idols can't be burned in normal fire, the white cleaning fire we have easily eats away at those instruments of terror."

I was thankful to the light that we had at least managed to accomplish that. As long as there was will to resist, there was hope. We had to be the proof that the notions of Shadow Armageddon were false, but at the moment, there was far too much widespread fear. One needed only to look to Goldenrod City to see how dark, and how wretched the once bustling metropolis had become polluted with the fogs of nightmares and terrors. Still, I was hoping one day, maybe even soon, we could bring hope and light to a place where it seemed like not even a single candle could glow.

"Violet, Ecruteak, and Azalea have become a battle to try and hold," Damien told me, showing me the contested areas on the map. "Xiav... it's obvious they have no intention of going down easy. I've seen these bastards fight and what they're capable of. No Pokémon should have control over such... evil."

"I don't expect for any of this to be easy," I told Damien and everyone else in the command room. "We just need to pray and train to be stronger. This may be the hardest challenge Sonne has ever had to face, but in essence, it could also be our moment of greatest glory. Now, I'm sure you all would like to be a part of that."

The gathering of Pokémon in the room was in agreement, about all three dozen of them. Looking at the map, I knew we needed to take action. Xiav's cathedrals and dark temples were still scattered throughout Johto, often nestled in dark and hidden places that were easy to overlook. Meanwhile, it was easy to tell where they had been. The land, its trees, grass, and wildlife cringed and moaned at the viral presence of Xiav. They had to be liberated from this nightmare.

"We will join up with our brethren in Ecruteak City," I told Damien. "That area is sacred ground, and we cannot afford to let Xiav continue to defile it. We've already proven to Xiav we can heal and undo all the damage they've done. There's no reason for any of us to be afraid."

Fear would turn into vigilance. Pain into relief. Anxiety into hope. Once again, we would force the darkness and the shadows to flee at the arrival of the light.

Eris the Delphox
    Order of Xiav
    Outskirts of Violet City, Johto
    Affected RPers: Aeron (Brutaka)

The room was dark, and the stench of death filled the room. The mutilated body of a hung over an endekagram from the ceiling in the middle of the room, a sacrificial knife stuck in its right eye and its body parts scattered across the floor. In front of the corpse sat Eris sitting on her knees. Her one good eye was rolled back as she bobbed her head up and down. Her macabre trance was a sight to behold, and never leave the witness's head.

"Oh shadows..." she mumbled, "may you bring us light through your darkness. May you purge the heretics from this land..."

But then, the door creaked. The disturbance of her "peace" broke her trance. Her eye right eye wen back to normal, while the other continued to stare at the ground. The Delphox looked behind her, seeing the door continue to open ever so slowly. Finally, the Pokemon that opened the door revealed itself. It was Aeron, the Pachirisu. She stood there, shocked. It was as if she had never seen Eris, or her rituals before.

The witch stood up, and put her hat back on.

"This had better be important for you to have disturbed me in my time of prayer."
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Aeron the Pachirisu
    Order of Xiav
    Route 36, Johto
    Affected RPers: Eris (Meeker)

Dirt and stones flew as Aeron, an unseen blur, scampered down the beaten path. Just have to make it to Violet City... I can't believe this guy is so brash. I bet you think you're so tough. Hah! You are nothing. Newling. Hah! A shiver went down her spine along with a disturbance in her tie with her energy. Her invisibility had worn off. In actuality, she was still cloaked as the spell lasts until she interacts with something. Not that mattered, as he could track her scent anyways. But returned mana meant that she had enough magic to fight back...

"Stop right there, vile succubus!" her pursuer cried. She had been called worse.

She made a show of stumbling, flashing back into existence, until she came to a stop in front of a moldy shack in the middle of a dead, lifeless patch just outside of Violet City.

A Lucario, looking noble and uppity, confidently stepped between Aeron and the shack. "You've given us quite the trouble, rat. But you're all alone out here. And you're tricks wont work on me. I am a member of Sonne, bringers of light and banishers of evil! Your grime does not effect us."

Oh, lordy lord, this guy thinks he's the world's lone savoir. Airhead. She staggered to her feet, eyes tearing up. She gave him the saddest, most hurt look she could muster. "You..." She sniffled at this point. "You think I'm... grime?"

A look of guilt flashed on his face for a moment. It vanished, leaving only uneasiness. "I've heard of your tricks, you hear me! That sad act isn't getting you anywhere."

"You think I'm pretending?" Tears spilled onto her cheeks. "Everyone always thinks I'm lying... I've just had a bad life, okay! My parents were never there for me and I had to dig through the rubbish to survive! There were so many nights that I was hungry. And it was so cold... The hard stone was the softest thing I had to rest my head on... And nobody cared!" Aeron was sobbing at this point.

"I..." The Lucario had completely broken down at this point. His stance was shoddy and his magic guards had lowered to the point where it did him no good. "I had no idea."

"No. No one ever does. They don't care about a little girl, all on her own, in a dark alley. They'd rather forget. But that's okay. They should forget me."

"Don't say that!" He was completely hooked.

"Why? I bet you don't even get it. You were probably raised from nobility, or at least wealthy. You wouldn't know. And I bet you didn't even care. You probably seen dozens of poor children like me, all huddling for warmth. I bet you didn't even spare a Poke." Time to turn this around. Oh, how I love to demoralize the supposed good before dispatching them... They are all corrupt. At least I admit it.

"I...I..." he stammered.

"You what? You didn't realize it?"

"It was always just something that was there... I assumed that's just how it was..."

"Figures. You lot are all the same." Aeron's fur began to darken as pinpricks of energy raced around her body. Her childlike voice was gone, replaced by a thick Kalos accent that flowed like venomous syrup. "Perhaps you shouldn't assume that the ways things are now is what is right. You call us corrupted, but who's really the bad one here?" The Pachirisu was pitch black by now. Her form began to dissolve into a mist. "Oh, wait. That would be me!"
    -DARK TURN
    User turns to smoke and rushes through the opponent and appears behind them.
    NPC: The target is burned away by dark and electric energy, leaving a pile of ash. User is now behind the former target.
    The cloud of diseases and shadow energy that was now Aeron rushed through the frightened Lucario and reformed behind him. She glanced at him as he collapsed to the ground. His form lost its color, and he was reduced to hacking coughs that spewed dust and ash into the air.

"What... What did you do to me?" He wheezed.

"I've gotten rid of another high-born mark of greed from this Earth. Return to dust, as is your fate."

He succumbed to more hacks and he stared horrified as his paws began to disintegrate, landing as ash on the blackened soil. They locked eyes, and she relished the sight of his quivering soul leave his ashen form. Aeron left the pile of dust where it laid.

Well, that was fun. She turned to the shack and placed a paw on the woody surface. A spark of shadow power left her. The wooden panels spurred to life with purple light and a door appeared. She pulled it open slowly and she was greeted with the smell of death. Chanting could be heard from inside. Oh no, she's praying! Aeron peeked inside, as she needed to speak with her anyways.

In the depths of the dark quarters sat a Delphox that swiveled back and forth over a desecrated corpse. The victim was no longer recognizable. Aeron could feel a look of shock come over her face, as no matter how many times this happens in front of her, she never got used to it. The witch spoke after standing on her feet again. "This had better be important for you to have disturbed me in my time of prayer."

Aeron cleared her throat and regained her senses. "Of course, sincerest apologies. I had little intention of doing so. However, I bring news. Some grim, others grimmer. It appears that our acolytes have finished corrupting the Ruins of Alph. They seemed to have lost their power, but it may be possible to re-activate the location to fuel our magic. It is still speculation though.

"The wasteland has begun to expand southward onto Route 32, and we should expect to be at Azalea Town's doorstep within a few weeks. There has been little resistance in that direction.

"Annoyingly, the Sonne presence has grown exponentially in the west. They've also caught on to my activities in Ecruteak. I was chased down Route 36 by a particularly outspoken newling. Of course, even after learning of my deceptive nature from his superiors, he ate my story up as if it was a glazed poffin. He no longer walks this existence.

"That is my report, mistress. What will you have of me now?" Aeron gave a small nod indicating that she had finally concluded.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

Raphael the Infernape
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Ruins of Dragons' Den, Blackthorn City

"A'ight, training's over"

The adamant Diggersby glanced over at everyone, including me. It was quite impossible to tell if he were happy, sad, angry, jealous, ashamed, or any emotion for that matter. He had always maintained that same jolly grin ever since we all have met him. But I know for sure that the look was obviously used to let our guards down. That was how he trained us, actually. If he seemed happy or jolly, a few of us will slack off a little, and then wham, he throws a reprimanding punch from his enormous ears to put you back in line.

"Remember," the Diggersby exclaimed, raising his shoulders, "the western and mid-parts of Johto seems to be a thriving place for those Xiav thugs. We're currently fighting for three cities"

The other pokemon around me shuffled around restlessly until the Diggersby slammed one ear on the cavern walls, causing everyone to freeze.

"Violet, Ecruteak and Azalea" The Diggersby continued, his voice sharply toned. "You have learned all of the routes, passages, and pathways throughout western Johto. Today, you may unravel the maps that I have given to each of you yesterday"

Each pokemon in the room pulled out their maps and untied the red ribbons that concealed them. I simply plucked the string in two and unraveled what seemed to be the map of Johto.

"As you can see, you have two routes: The route that cuts through the Ice Path and leads to Mahogany or Route 45 that leads to Cherrygrove. Each of you will travel in groups of three. As I see that there are six of you," Diggersby cleared his throat "there will only be two groups. Therefore, I will lead one, and the other is lead by the one with the best performance in training"

I prayed that the supposed 'other leader' would be me. But as always in my times of hope, I could tell that Diggersby's eyes saw right through me.

I opened me eyes and kept a straight face. The other pokemon looked at me with mixtures of glares and grimaces.

"Raphael will be the leader of the group in the back" Diggersby explained.

The other two pokemon, a Bisharp named Clemont and a Ninjask who fancied himself by the title of "Shinobi", stared at me warily. Well, life's unfair I thought to myself. Apparently, we weren't close.

"Without further ado, you all will be dismissed" Diggersby bowed graciously. I bowed along with the others, my flame crown wearing downward.

"Now go and ready yer equipment" Diggersby let out in an informal manner. I walked along with the other pokemon until I heard a silent whisper.

Raph

I turned my head to see Diggersby towering over me. Speaking of which, have I told you that this guy is much taller than regular Diggersby? Years of training just somehow made him that tall, as he told me a week ago.

---

Diggersby paced back and forth from the two, crumbled Dragonair heads. Only the calming sound of the waves from the outside broke the silence, but he finally spoke to me:

"What are Xiav?" he said furtively.

"Ignorance" I replied with passion. His gaze cut right through me. At times like this, it felt as though he were probing all the secrets and thoughts of my mind.

"Why did you join Sonne?" he questioned.

"I was sent an invitation" I replied, but he raised an eyebrow

"But that doesn't matter," my words stumbled off hastily "as I've seen for myself and my fellow Sonne members, the Xiav have grown and raised hell throughout Johto. Their audacity will be the death of them!"

I had to stop there. A sickening thought of Diggersby slapping me across the face suddenly materialized. Instead, he sighed.

"Who are the Sonne?"

"We are the lethal bane of the Xiav, the one's to shed light and strip all obscenities from evil. We maintain peace without ever being known. And we will slay the Xiav, the epitomes of ignorance."

This time, Diggersby nodded.

"Remember, young Infernape," he began pacing again "Don't confuse your own ambitions with Sonne's. I feel that there is an anger in slumber within you. A belligerent pokemon that destroyed your family and clan because of his own greed."

I stared in awe. How did he know that?

"...He has darkness in his heart, too" the Diggersby spoke magnanimously. I nodded, but he turned his back away from me.

"Now go," he commanded "your friends are waiting for you. You have yet to usher in a new era of peace. Never forget that"

"Yes, sir" I replied vehemently. Then I ran off to the outside, breathing in the fresh, cavern air as I made my way to Clemont's tent.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Irwin the Dragalge:
    Order of Xiav
    Olivine City, Johto
    Affected RPers:
    None

From the outside, this building – quaint, large, on a decent size street – did not look like a Cathedral of Xiav. From the inside, it didn’t look like a Cathedral of Xiav (most of the time). However, when Irwin entered the large central hall, an elderly Kadabra was pulling down the blinds on the windows, lighting several red, ominous candles, and using his psychic powers to move some benches in an orderly fashion.

After a few seconds – the Kadabra noticed Irwin, and exclaimed ‘Goodness! I swear that the time just flies by. Well, I’d better tell you what’s been going on...’

This was one of the Order’s better ideas, helping them root out Sonne agents and sympathisers, and on several occasions preventing Sonne coups of several cities. The way it operated was simple – once a week, Xiav agents would visit the various cathedrals and preachers and ask them on their progress, as well as asking about any suspicious behaviour. While this seemed simplistic, it actually worked well, as many Xiav followers would confide in the preachers, occasionally giving them tidbits of information about any Sonne activity they noticed or suspected. This gave the agents the information they needed without any large, detectable activity, so they could call in on the people of Sonne without giving them a chance to prepare or escape.

“You have done ... well” Irwin commented, “This information should help our cause in a myriad number of ways.”

The Kadabra, looking bashful said, “Why, thank you sir. We do have a prayer session in about 15 minutes, if you would care to join us.”

Remembering the various rituals that accompanied this, Irwin said that he really needed to leave for important business, before hastily leaving. Well, at least this was partly true, as he did have some important business in Ecruteak – an undercover Sonne agent had been detected, so it was his job to eliminate him.

While he didn’t like personal harm or risk to himself, he did hope that this one would last more than 15 seconds after he opened their front door.

Irwin swiftly left the city and headed into a nearby clump of woods. He swiftly left this at two hundred miles per hour in a vertical direction, thankful the sky was filled with dark clouds, and flew off towards Ecruteak.

Angel of Death: Makes him turn pitch-black, with dark after-images extending roughly 3 feet behind him trailing his movement. This ability allows him to fly at over two hundred miles an hour, doing decent damage if he collides with anyone, and he can maintain this for up to 6 hours without rest. However, he cannot use any regular attack while in this form. This is mainly used for transport.

Eris the Delphox
    Order of Xiav
    Affected RPers: Aeron (Brutaka)

"Of course, sincerest apologies. I had little intention of doing so. However, I bring news. Some grim, others grimmer. It appears that our acolytes have finished corrupting the Ruins of Alph. They seemed to have lost their power, but it may be possible to re-activate the location to fuel our magic. It is still speculation though. The wasteland has begun to expand southward onto Route 32, and we should expect to be at Azalea Town's doorstep within a few weeks. There has been little resistance in that direction. Annoyingly, the Sonne presence has grown exponentially in the west. They've also caught on to my activities in Ecruteak. I was chased down Route 36 by a particularly outspoken newling. Of course, even after learning of my deceptive nature from his superiors, he ate my story up as if it was a glazed poffin. He no longer walks this existence. That is my report, mistress. What will you have of me now?"

Eris sighed. The news was short and to the point. Things weren't looking too well for the Order. If the failure to take Sprout Tower for the past week hadn't been enough to make her angry, this was sure to do it. The Ruins of Alph had lost their power. Just another detriment to add to the list.

"Alright," she answered, "thank you for coming to me. Now, if you would just stay there for a minute."

The Delphox walked over to her desk, where she sat down and took out a quill and some parchment. She dipped the quill in the inkwell and began to write.

Quarren,
    It has come to my attention that the Brotherhod of Sonne is more powerful than we had thought, and their spirits are twice as strong. We are currently having trouble in pushing them out of Azalea Town, Violet City, and Ectruteak City. If we are to make any progress, their morale must be broken. I know that it has been a long time since I have ordered such tactics to take place, as they took much of our dwindling resources to put into action, but the success was unbelievable. I need you and your shock teams to reinitialize the terror doctrine once more.
    Signed,
    Eris, Founder of the Order of Xiav

She looked it over once more before putting it in an envelope, which she sealed with a wax stamp. She handed the letter to Aeron, who was still standing right where she had told her to.

"Take this to Quarren in Goldenrod. He'll be the Weavile in black leather armor or a black robe. Do not fail in getting this message to him! Do not look at it without his permission, do not lose it, and whatever you do, do not let it fall into anyone's hands but Quarren's! That is important information that is not to be seen by anyone but him, especially not Sonne's! Understood?"
    Last edited by Meeker; 3rd November 2013 at 4:10 AM.
    Author's Profile

Raphel the Infernape
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Ruins of Dragons' Den/Blackthorn City, Johto

I peered through the thin veil of Clemont's tent only to see a very faint darkness and hear the shuffling of footsteps. The atmosphere of his tent always seemed eerie, but nevertheless, I slipped through the veils as I relied on my crown of fire to guide me through the darkness. Though, as if out of nowhere, a faint hiss, followed by an emanation of light sounded from the other end of the tent. I could very well make out the silhouette of a Bisharp.

Clemont held a match in one hand, dipping the flickering ember into each wick of the candles perfectly aligned up in mysterious rows. Just what was this? It couldn't have been the practice of dark magic. Lord Diggersby could practically smell the presence of darkness from over a mile away. This couldn't have been dark magic, but just to be safe...

"Learning some Xiav magic tricks, eh Clemont?" I joked around, but he froze and turned to me with an anonymous visage.

"No, just lighting up some candles for my next meditation session." Clemont paused. "What's with you?"

I stepped in further into the now diminishing darkness. "Nothing. Just thought I'd might break the ice."

Clemont laughed sarcastically, "Ice? What ice is there to break? Listen, if you've come here to tell me how good you are and how you are the freakin' messiah of Sonne, then don't waste your breathe. I'm already well aware that you'll be leading us tomorrow"

I honestly couldn't respond. I've met quite a few sarcastic bastards, but this guy...

"No, I'm just here to see if you have everything in order for tomorrow. Diggersby is already planning to take the short route through Mahogany town, Sonne's base, so our company should be taking the Route 45 to Cherrygrove. From what I've heard, there's been some mischievous Xiav activity going around there. I thought that we could also weigh in about another hour of training or so tonight, that way we will be prepared to take them down."

Clemont lit another match with a swipe from his arm blades. "I already knew that," he replied half-heartedly "but thanks anyway. You don't have to worry about me either. Just worry about your own hide, my meditation takes care of all of everything"

A sudden crack of thunder reverberated throughout the cave. The calming tone of rainfall could be heard. Clemont looked off to the side, as if acknowledging the rains' presence. He gaze turned back to mine.

"Better watch out there, hot-head. It's suppose to rain all night."

It took me a moment before I realized he was talking about my fiery crown.

"Rest assured, this fire can't be taken out" I snickered.

A violent gust of wind blew throughout the caverns, causing the tent to cave in a little. The embers disappeared in smoky wisps.

"Dammit" Clemont mumbled.

I shrugged his frustration off. With a whip of my scarlet flames, I set all the candle wicks afire before Clemont's eyes. He gawked at me with surprise.

"Watch it, you damned little-" then the rest of his words were just meaningless slurs of curse words. I laughed a bit to myself.

"So you need anything else?" Clemont asked with a hasty voice. Before I answered, he turned away and began rearranging his equipment on the shelves nervously. It was pretty obvious that I had scared the living hell out of him with that little fire trick. Good thing he didn't know that I was once a street performer, or else his sarcastic remarks would've taken a toll on my nerves.

I left his tent and scurried along the stones to my tent. There, I decided to light a candle of my own, then before I knew it, slept soundly at the sound of falling rain. Much too bad that I missed off on training, but getting to know your comrades is also worth the time as well.

But as soon as I closed my eyes, a vision of shadowy hordes came to mind. One peculiar one with crimson eyes haunted me for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow, something terrible will come.

Kenneth the Scizor
    Order of Xiav
    Blackthorn City, Johto
    Affected RPers: Primal Crusader V, Meeker

Rain plummeted to the ground from the pitch black heavens above, pattering on the hard metal body of Kenneth. Crouched amongst small shrubbery upon a small hill in Blackthorn City sat the quiet assassin, contemplating his next move. The town was full of the vermin known as the Sonne, and they were always on guard. Kenneth had been lucky enough to sneak in on this night, as it was stormy and quite hard for the guards on the outskirts to see if anyone was trying to enter. Various Pokémon constantly passed by Kenneth, yet somehow were unable to detect him. Not that it mattered though, as he could have easily taken care of them. As he crouched in the soaked bushes, an idea came to mind. However, this was quickly dismissed by the sound of approaching footsteps.

"So, are you heading to Mahogany tomorrow?" a deep, rumbling voice spoke.

"Nah, I'm stationed here until I get further orders," replied a much higher one.

"Oh. I'm not heading out either, but I heard that Diggersby is. I also heard that another group is set to head from Route 45 to Cherrygrove," the gruff voice returned.

"Wait, do you sense that?" Asked the second voice. Kenneth tensed, afraid that he would be detected.

"Well I was just on a mission and killed on of those dirty Xiav, so it may be me," answered the first voice. The two voices continued the now meaningless dialogue and slowly walked away. Kenneth breathed a sigh of relief, and set his new plan into action.

Good, now to end things with a little fun. Ever so quietly, Kenneth cast a spell. Despite knowing that this could alert the Sonne members around him, it could also delay the arrival of this Diggersby and his men in Mahogany Town, providing an opening for an ambush. Slowly, a mass of black beetles, dark as the night sky formed around Kenneth, and began to engulf the hillside. With a movement of his hand, Kenneth directed the beetles toward the Dragon's Den. More and more of the pitch black insects appeared, and soon cries of Sonne were heard. It was now that Kenneth was to make his escape. Sadly he could not stay to witness the death of his enemies. With beetles engulfing him, he dashed for the outward mountainous boundaries, spreading more beetles as he did so. Clawing his way up the mountainside, he looked down at his work, and saw the wonderful sea of evil he had just created.

NIGHTCRAWLER'S WRATH: An army of beetles made of shadows forms, and are commanded by Kenneth. More beetles are present the darker it is, or if more shadows are present.
    NPC Effect: The beetles charge the target and burrow into it's skin, eating the victim from the inside out.
    PC Effect: Large amounts of bug bites occur. Over the next three posts, small amounts of damage also occur.
    Reaching the top, he dashed for Route 45, the rain continuing to hit his hard outer body. Upon finding a small cave, he ducked inside, and pulled a cell phone from his pocket. He dialed Eris' number, and the phone began to rang. He desperately hoped she would pick up, as this was a crucial piece of information. A piece of information to give Xiav the upper hand in this brewing conflict.
    Last edited by BugPokemonMaster316; 3rd November 2013 at 3:46 AM.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

OOC: Uh, BugPokemonMaster, remember you can only use one Xiav ability per post. Otherwise... we'd have people spamming them in loads.

Syrax the Goodra
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Route 42, Johto

Ecruteak City was an important liberation site. We had gathered up a good amount of forces and took a convoy of the best and more well prepared armored vehicles we could gather, although against Xiav's dark influence, I figured they could only do so much.

In all, we had gathered seven convoy vehicles. Three of them were vans carrying a good amount of Sonne followers while the others were sedans. We didn't intend on using these once we entered into the fight. Against the Xiav, vehicles were only transport. The power of light needed to be used against them to have any chance of bringing them down.

"Goldenrod City looks horrific," One of the Sonne followers, a newly recruited Dewott, spoke on the way to Ecruteak. "Is it beyond hope?"

I had recalled what had happened to the city since Xiav's takeover. The entire metropolis had been plunged into a seemingly endless night, where the sun was no longer welcome. That wasn't all, however. Sentient shadows had taken up residence within the city, lurking to wrap themselves around any unsuspecting Pokémon and suffocate them within the darkness. Trying to even get any Sonne specialist to break through such intense darkness was difficult to say the least.

"No, not beyond hope," I told the Dewott. "It will take work to return it to its former state. However, we can't reach that city until we have a direct land route. There's only two ways to get to Goldenrod, but first, we need to take Ecruteak to have any chance of that."

In truth, Xiav had done several things that witches and warlocks of the past hadn't done. For one, most often those who practiced witchcraft and curses didn't so openly invite just about anyone to join them. And for another, they didn't make their practices seem like a necessity for survival. Xiav had used enticement and fear to boost their ranks, and once their followers possessed the powers of darkness, it drove them hungry to acquire more.

They had turned darkness into not only a culture, but also a power-inducing means to survive...

When I could see Ecruteak City up ahead, I was thankful for the fact that the city had not fallen, but it was clear Xiav's presence was still there and could still attempt to push Sonne out of the old city. But we couldn't afford to lose a city that was at crossroads. If we lost it, we would have no direct line to Olivine and Goldenrod, so there was no choice but to take it and hold it for as long as we could.

We needed to keep our wits and be ready for anything.

OOC: Ah, looks like I have some competition. >:)

Raphael the Infernape
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Ruins of Dragons' Den/Blackthorn City, Johto
    Affected RPers: BugPokemonMaster316 (Kenneth)

A violent upheavel rose upon the Dragons' Den. I could hear it, but what for? What was going on?

I jumped up from my bed, finding a myriad of black insects crawling unnaturally around my body. Stifling a scream, a lit my fists afire and swept them off with all of the vigor and strength I had left in my body. They were all across the floor, too. Just what the hell was all of this?! I simply crushed every one of them on the floor with some uprising anger. The little bastards seemed to be coming from the outside. I quickly lifted the veils from my tent only to see grotesque heaps of them congregating all over the cavern walls, falling from the ceiling and flying around everyone else's tent in a very unnerving manner. It wasn't long until Clemont, along with some other pokemon I could vaguely make out from the distance, retreated from their once humble aboads to either rid of the menace or run out in sheer panic. But what was this. I inhaled deeply, only to receive the nauseating stench of Xiav magic throughout the air. Wait...

Xiav magic

"Impossible!" a Golduck wearing the mage uniform of Sonne exclaimed from the other side of the Den's lake. He quickly dipped his hands into the waters, then lifted them into a miniature tidal wave that struck down on the black beetles. He continued the deluge as Diggersby briskly exited the Dragon shrine, then jumped from stone to stone and landed right beside me.

"XIAV!" he screamed while shattering the ground with his destructive ears, shooting all the little buggers in the vicinity sky high whilst the unlucky bunch were crushed in a brutal manner.

"Raphael," Diggersby said breathlessly as he continued his assault,"if anyone, you should've known how this happened."

I couldn't respond; I was too busy breathing and casting fire on the beetles as I watched the lot of them burn. Yes, burn you little Xiav cronies. Burn in-

"SOLDIER!" Diggersby bellowed. My senses were then shaken up by his loud voice. Immediately, I responded as the screams and spells shook the cave around us.

"I don't know sir," I gasped, "but, if this may be any use at all, I had a vision last night that a shady group of pokemon were all marching through a field. One of them in particular had bloody, crimson eyes."

As I finished, Diggersby immediately ran off to the side in order to save a Dragonair soldier from the onslaught of beetle's that had almost covered her whole. I scouted along the busy pathways and aided the soldier along with Diggersby.

"Help..." she spoke with little tone in her voice. It was too saddening, but I had to scratch them off while hurting her in the process. It was the only way to truly rid of those things.

"Thanks" she croaked.

Diggersby shouting some sort of command I couldn't hear beside all of the ruckus that had cause the injured dragon to slither down into the depths of the lake. For the rest of the time being, Diggersby and I, along with Clemont, a Croagunk and some Rhydon that joined our party, had spent the remainder of the night crushing the insects to a nasty pulp. The Golduck, along with some medic Duosions headed by a Reuniclus, were busy treating the black and nasty wounds of the victim Sonne pokemon. It wasn't long before all of us were resting beside some of our worn out, torn tents. The medic Duosions treated each of our wounds respectively.

"Those bugs," the Croagunk rasped "they were obviously sent by a Xiav spy."

"Impossible" I interrupted. "Xiav is nowhere near close to taking Blackthorn at all"

"Welp, sorry to spoil your luck" Clemont interrupted as I caught him while he was rolling his eyes.

"For once, could you lose some complacency and actually act like your a Sonne soldier, you bastard?"

Clemont rose up quickly and shot me a deathly glance. The pain immediately shook him down back to the ground. Good, I thought this should teach you something.

"So, Raphael. You said that you saw some red eyes staring right at you in your vision?" Diggersby asked. I nodded formally.

"Yes, sir. As I said before, they were crimson red, and-"

"Crimson red" Diggersby repeated. An eerie silence followed, then Diggersby sat up a bit.

"From what I know, that must have been a Bug-type Xiav user," he explained "those tactics are conventional for those types of pokemon, including Dark, Psychic, Ghost, and Poison-types. At least from what I have faced from the Xiav, those seem to be the types that are normally out on the prowl, looking for grabs or waiting for prey."

"Cowards" I spat.

"Indeed" Diggersby agreed, "they seem to be more like assassins and information keepers. And if anything gets in Xiavs way, those specific types are the ones that handle, I should say, the interrogation and torture.

From all of the anger welling up inside me, I couldn't keep still. Ignoring all of the pain, I shot up and away from the Duosion medics and stood with dignity.

"I'm moving out. I'll look for that sorry Xiav follower and shove fist up his-"

"Raphael, don't make haste. Of course, the plan was for all of our Blackthorn units to leave simultaneously, but in different directions. However, it's impossible now seeing as how half of my unit is in intensive care"

I studied his gaze for once. "I understand, but let those too weak to fight stay here, while I and the healthy members of my unit scout out and wipe away the trail of crap Xiav had left for us."

Diggersby thought for a while, but my impatience grew. We needed to act now.

"Okay then" he answered.

And that was all it took for me to blaze downward through the cave and immerse myself in the rainy weather from the outside. It took a while for me to notice that Clemont was running right beside me, his iron body dripping wet from the downfall.

"You're not leavin' without me" he demanded haughtily.

I nodded, and then we advanced through the depths of the rain and soon after, the mud-drenched plains of Route 45 that opened before us like a foreboding path. It was time for the Xiav to pay for their sin.
    Last edited by Primal Crusader V; 3rd November 2013 at 5:05 AM.

Starting out quiet so to speak. Don't want to be the one that brings all the chaos out at once.

Xeros the Greninja
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Goldenrod City
    Affected Rpers: Syrax (Avenger Angel)

I heard the curses behind me, and it took every amount of my luck and skill to dodge them. Casting a small look behind me, I got a good gauge just how far away they were. Two Xias acolytes had pursued me to the rooftops of Goldenrod: a Parasect and a Ninetales; however, it seems as if the mushroom was losing steam. I could have easily out jumped them, but I foolishly tried encouraging back into the fold of life. Ended with a gash across my thigh and a burn on my wrist, but there weren't too bad. The gash was slowing me a bit through.

Ahead was my hope: a building jump. Of all of the things Goldenrod was now, it was still my turf. No one except my Scouts held mastery over the rooftops. Even after Goldenrod lost its luster, my group had stayed as intel for Sonne. Checking my bad over my back, I felt that the paper was still pressed between my staff and my body. Leaping over the final few obstacles between myself and the ledge, I shortened my bursts for the final jump. I heard a growl close behind me, but without looking, I leaped over the building. Below me was at least sixty stories of open air and ahead of me was a rather far drop to the next rooftop. Reaching for my staff, I twirled about to see what was behind me. Rotating my bō enough to sling a shuriken back towards my pursuers, I saw that the Ninetails had decided to leap after me as well, probably willing to forfeit his life to end mine. My timing couldn't have been more perfect as just as the fox was about to clamp down on my leg, my attack knocked into him, veering him off course enough to completely miss and plummet to the streets below.

Placing my staff back against my back, I focused on my descent to the building beneath me. It would be close, but I judged that I'd make it in about a few seconds. Taking a deep breath, he shaped a spell that would protect him from any further harm to himself.

Angelic Freefall
    A trick he learned on the fly when he was hit in mid jump off a building. This ability allows him to slow his fall before crash landing and take minimal fall damage.
    Rolling with the impact of the ground, he got back into his stride and bound off back to HQ. He had plans of possible enemy movement that needed to get back to Syrax. Hopefully, it would useful information of a possible assault on Ecruteak. The exact details was that the leader of Xias was last seen around Violet City and that with her presence there, more focus was being brought to Ecruteak. I also added my own notes of how I had been doing since I looked up to Syrax ever since I joined. In fact, I had missed his singing, something I had mentioned in the note. With my pursuers gone, I made it back to HQ and got a Fearow to take the message to Syrax. I trusted he'd get it delivered. Now to focus on liberating Goldenrod, one step at a time.

~~~~~~~~

Weavus Dragon-slayer the Linoone
    Order of Xias
    Route 37 en route to Ecruteak City
    Affected Rpers: None

I couldn't wait to see Ecruteak burn. At the very least, make it at least as dreadful as the City of Gold was now. I had gotten permission to “cause as much chaos as I could” by the higher ups. Not that I needed that, but it felt good knowing that an argument wouldn't be part of my reward. I had a just the way to do it, too. Supposedly, the mayor was still alive, so what better way to plunge Ecruteak into chaos than to cut off the tip of it. I just hoped that the guards and members of Sonne didn't use Ho-oh's tower as a defensive structure. Mortals may hate me, but I'd rather not have the gods hate me as well if I was forced to fight in their home. But that bridge would be crossed later. For now, he set his sights on the dingy city of ghosts as the troops around me grew anxious as well. We were the reinforcements to this stalemate. And I wanted to make sure it stayed that way.

Breaking off from the pack, I went into the trees to get a good spot on what was going on, and what was to follow. I'd wait for now, and make my move when the chaos erupted again. By tonight, I will Kiss the mayor to the grave.
    credits for pic and banner: Avenger Angel and Brutaka

I have claimed Sceptile

Destiny's Forge: click sig.
    ARD: UNDER REVISIONAL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Also read Essense of Law.

Aeron the Pachirisu
    Order of Xiav
    Route 36, Johto
    Affected RPers: Eris(Meeker)

Aeron took the precious envelope from the witch. The parchment was quite large for someone of her modest stature, so she slipped into the ribbon on her tail and pulled it tight. She turned back to Eris and simply nodded, as there was nothing else that needed to be said. Aeron knew the job and was fully aware of the consequences of failure. Sonne would be the least of her problems.

The Pachirisu shut the door behind her. Afternoon was quickly coming to end. But that was good. Aeron would need to sneak passed Ecruteak on her way, and she'd need the cover of night. The place was too much of a turmoil to launch investigations, but with the Sonne trying to take city out from under Xiav's nose... She'd be found if she wasn't careful.

Her magic came flowing back to her as the recharge time expired from her last spell, the remnants of which still laid on the ground before her. She paid it no heed.

Not wasting any time, she fell to all fours and shot down Route 36, heading westward towards the black haze that marked Xiav territory. It was close - Xiav had been preparing the land for the invasion of Violet City. Xiav had the city under siege, but with the Sonne resisting us from the east, on top of local authorities, it wasn't going well.

Shadows soon took Aeron as she sprinted into the wasteland. She flew through the ash like a whirlwind; Pachirisu were know for their speed. Something... wasn't right though. It was as if the darkness felt thin. She was used to the thick, tangible shadows that guided her like demented butlers... but that was all gone. It still looked the same, but Aeron was smarter than that. Something is very wrong here. I should-Oh!

Suddenly, a ring of Pokemon jumped out at her from the ash. An ambush! They were good, Aeron had to admit. If it weren't for the fact that the shadow magic had all but been cleared away in the area, she would have never noticed. In total, there were 10 different Pokemon closing her in. They varied widely, but anyone could tell that they were members of Sonne. Some new recruits, others battle hardened veterans. It wasn't very fair. For them, Aeron thought.

"No where to run, street rat. I think that you should hand over that letter and we can all go on our way. Does that sound good?" The speaker was Houndoom that really looked like he should be working for us. It takes all kinds, Aeron supposed.

"Heh, even if I thought I could get away with it, why would I listen to your pompous face, huh? I bet you think you're better than me, all wrapped in your glowing white magic." The snarkiness practically dripped from her words.

The Houndoom paid her bait no heed. "Gregory, a Lucario, age 20, who left for perimeter patrol on Sonne's Route 36 border. He filed a report of suspicious scents and movements in the dirt. Almost as if an unseen figure was making a break for Violet City. He left to investigate. He has since not reported back. Psychics can establish a link and they predict that he was killed. You wouldn't know about this, would you?"

Aeron decided that the cute girl act wasn't going to work this time. It was time for a different approach. "Gregory, huh? Yeah, I might have seen him. Also might have killed him. Not sure, really. Not enough time in the day to worry about pretentious rock-heads."

The Houndoom growled. "He was just a basic grunt! He just joined a week ago. Barely left his smiling family to join the army! And you... you murdered him. In cold blood! You're a monster."

"I know! Isn't it lovely? Oh, how I enjoyed letting him watch his own body turned to ash before his very eyes. I could do the same to you, if you're interested. It's a once in a life time experience!" Aeron chuckled.

"We're not afraid of you. You're surrounded, and we are protected by light!"

"Protected? Is that what you think? Let's see how big and scary this sissy little charm of yours really is..." Aeron lackadaisically scanned the aggressors. She found her target immediately. Just to the right of the somewhat-imposing hellhound stood a nervous Poochyena. He shook a little, obviously scared of the stories he's heard of Xiav members. He shied into the Houndoom a little, and Aeron knew she found the golden ticket here. Dear me, this is about the evilest thing I can imagine! Am I really going to do this? Pfft, who am I kidding?

The opposing Pokemon all tensed themselves when the Pachirisu began to glow purple and black. She could feel them exuding their pitiful white magic, ready to block her shot. All except for the small Poochyena, that is. The inexperienced pup cowered further behind the Houndoom.

After more energy poured through her, a jet black star glowing with purple energy formed between her outstretched paws. She released the eager aster and it flew straight and true. "Hey Poochyena!" Aeron called out. With a smirk she said, "Catch."
    -DOOM STAR
    User fires a black star-shaped projectile that seeks the target. This attack does not miss.
    NPC: This attack will never miss and go through walls if need be. It decays anything it passes through.
    The Houndoom's eyes grew wide in that moment and attempted to shield the pup's body with his own. Aeron could have killed them both instantly. The fun little star goes through things. But she had something else in mind. Following her command, the star veered around the Houndoom and passed straight through the Poochyena, who cried in pain.

"No!" the Houndoom yelled in emotional agony.

"That's why 'Apprehend the Murderer' isn't a children's game." Aeron's voice was solemn, as if even she was surprised at what she had just done. The rest of the ambushers back off and fled, terrified of the monster they tried to ensnare.

It was quite a site, indeed. Delphox's blood-ridden rituals were nothing compared to this.

The Poochyena shook violently and attempted to stand. Clumps of fur fell out with ever shake and the pup vomited blood and bile in horrific amounts. "It hurts... so much, ah! Make it stop! Dad, please... save me..." The small hyena's limbs began to bloat slightly, and the visible skin turned black in some areas and green in others. The air reeked of death. The scene was sickening, but Aeron couldn't bring herself to look away.

The dying child, who could be no more than 16, was decaying alive from the inside out. The pestilence coursing through the canine's body were working in overhaul, eating away flesh and producing copious amounts of gas. His body began to split open in places, oozing thick blood and black goo onto the wasteland soil. He sobbed in pain, the spell simply not letting him pass out or die. As his legs crumpled out from underneath him, the spark in his eyes finally grew dull.

The stricken Houndoom stared in horror at the remains of his son, now just a rotting pile of unrecognizable flesh on the ashen dirt. He glared with the fury of a thousand suns at Aeron. "You're not just a monster. You're a demented demon!"

She shrugged. "I've been called worse."

"How could you do such a thing to child!? In front of his own father!" His eyes poured tears and his sadness could be felt tangible in the air.

"Now, see, my question is this: Why did you bring your kid to apprehend me?"

"I was showing him what it was like to be a member of Sonne! The kid was so timid that I thought maybe seeing a bloodthirsty criminal would toughen him up a bit. He wasn't even part of the Brotherhood yet!"

"Darn. I guess I don't get to punch another hole in my 'Sonne Death Count' card then. It's such a shame too. I was so close to a free bag of Pokeblock."

"Do you think this is a joke!?" The Houndoom was clearly agitated. His face was twisted in the ghastliest of snarls and his eyes were like daggers.

"I dunno. I hope not. If so, it has a horrible punchline. Kinda smells too."

The Sonne veteran, evidently done with Aeron, jerked his neck to reveal a necklace. The pendant had been hiding behind the skull ornament the whole time. The pendant was a black and red marble. But it wasn't just any marble.

Aeron was now considerably more worried. She didn't try to run. It wouldn't have helped. But she kept her cool. Even after the purple and blue swirls of light begun to swirl the enraged Houndoom to form a cocoon of pure energy, Aeron simply exhaled and mentally prepared herself.

She had time to think one word before he emerged and the fight would really begin.

Shit.

Eris the Delphox
    Order of Xiav
    Affected RPers: Aeron (Brutaka), Kenneth (BugPokemonMaster316)

The Pachirisu gave her a nod and left, leaving Eris in solitude once more. The Delphox looked around and closed the door. She took a look at her mutilated body once more, it was too late to meditate once more without a fresh one. But her stomach growled, and there was only one thing in front of her. I've been through worse, besides, it's not bad once you get used to it. After thinking about it, she crouched over the body.

"What were you again?" she asked as she dug her claws into the carcass and ripped out a chunk of its meat. Eris stared at it for a bit as the blood leaked like water from a fire hydrant, and bit into it. The taste of raw flesh filled her mouth, and her taste buds screamed in ecstasy. The flesh of other Pokemon had always been something she enjoyed dining on, especially after she began to practice black magic.

"Ah, a Zoroark! You were a Zoroark! You guy have always been pretty tasty, and you're no exception." She spoke to it as she feasted on the forbidden delicacy. Most Pokemon looked down upon the consumption of other Pokemon. But it never stopped her, she already had a "bad" record as it was.

It took about an hour, but she finally finished her meal. The Delphox was stuffed. Looking back at the letter she had written, she thought to herself for a moment. I wonder if they know that I eat other Pokemon. I wonder what would happen if I showed them that. Would my own followers switch sides? Or would they be afraid of me. And she continued, asking herself what-ifs for what seemed like forever. But then, the thought hit her: What if I took my own initiative to cripple their morale? Now that's what I should do!

Eris stormed out of her hut, looking at the war zone that was now Violet City. Embers accompanied by speckles of ash fell from the sky like grey snow. It littered the ground against the fallen structure like litter once had. It was time to make her move. The Johto News Channel had to be reporting on this, they always reported on things like this.

Now is my time. My time to... But then her phone rang. Of all times, now. She pulled it tout of her black satchel and up it up to her large ear.

"This better be important," she said. "I'm on very important business! So say what you have to say, or hang the **** up!"
    Author's Profile

Ryuka the Riolu
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Ecruteak City

Activity was building up in the part of Ecruteak City controlled by the Brotherhood of Sonne. There was seemingly more chatter than usual, except for in one room in particular where Ryuka was sleeping. Having finished a training session some time ago, the young Riolu was exhausted and decided to rest afterwards. After a couple hours, Ryuka was slowly being woken up by a familiar voice.

"Ryuka? Hey Ryuka, wake up!" The voice said as Ryuka felt someone shaking him in his bed.

Ryuka finally opened his eyes for a moment before blinking a couple times to clear up his vision. When everything cleared up, Ryuka sat up and turned to the side to see his best friend, Richard the Mienfoo, standing nearby with his sword strapped to his back.

"Hey there Ryuka." Richard said, giving Ryuka a gentle smile.

"Hi Richard. What's up?" Ryuka responded as he got out of bed and got his belt on.

"Phoenix asked me to get you, apparently he wants to tell us something important." Richard explained. They both know Phoenix the Blaziken as their mentor and the one they spoke to after they were both found unconscious, they had both been chased down by some Xiav cultists and collapsed from exhaustion that day. If the scouts from the Brotherhood hadn't found them after that, chances are they wouldn't be alive anymore.

Ryuka and Richard made their way through the base until they found Phoenix speaking with some other higher ups within the base. As he turned around to face them Ryuka quickly got behind Richard, even though he has been kind to them ever since they were brought to the base, Ryuka couldn't help but be intimidated by him.

"You're both here, excellent." Phoenix said to them, he then headed off somewhere while gesturing for Ryuka and Richard to follow him. As they walked around the base Phoenix started talking again, "As you both are no doubt aware, Ecruteak is a contested territory. Neither we nor the Order of Xiav control it, yet both sides want it."

Richard immediately responded "Because it's such a crucial location, right?"

"Yes, if we can take Ecruteak City, then we'll have a direct route to Goldenrod. Are fight with Xiav has been a stalemate so far, but hopefully our campaign is on the eve of a turning point." Phoenix stopped and turned around to face the two and told them "We received word that reinforcements are on their way here, led by Syrax himself."

Ryuka, still close behind Richard, looked up to see Phoenix's face and said "Y-You mean Sonne's leader? He's coming here?"

"The very same." The Blaziken told them "In fact, we're on our way to welcome him upon his arrival."

"Really? Wow, the Brotherhood's leader is coming here to fight with us." Richard said excitedly "Then we're gonna take Ecruteak City for sure!"

Ryuka wished he could share in Richard's enthusiasm, but his timid nature kept him from doing so. All he could do now is hope Syrax really is the kind of Pokemon everyone says he is.
    Last edited by Andydemon; 3rd November 2013 at 8:25 AM.
    Bring back Lucario, Lucas, and Ike in the next Smash Bros games!

Penelope the Lopunny
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Bellchime Trail, Johto
    Affected Rpers: N/A

Everything was quiet. Perhaps even too quiet. A young Lopunny prowled around, sometimes stopping to sniff the air and carefully observe the surroundings.

"It seems no one is here. No Xiav scum...Maybe I should relax a bit?" - she thought and sighed, but still there were heavy thoughts on her mind. Recently one of the Sonne groups was ambushed by Xiav assasins. They were destroyed but for the price of lifes of a couple Sonne members. Her aunt Viletta was a part of the said group and was hospitalized with severe burns on her leg. It would be quite a long time before she would be able to walk again. After that Penny became extremely cautious. She didn't want to lose another of her loved ones.

Penny sighed again and looked up. The weather was great, almost cloudless, bright sun - perfect for long walks between the trees. The autumn was in full swing, the trees were like a neverending mass of yellow and scarlet and the ground was a golden brown carpet of leaves, crunching underfoot and sometimes swaying in the wind. This reminded her of home back in Hearthome... At days like this Dad used to make a biiiig campfire and Penny with Mom baked lots of tasty things like apple pies and cinnamon buns. And then they invited all of their friends to party with them till late night, drinking hot cocoa and telling stories of days of old... Ah, good times, good times...

Penny suddenly realized that she was clutching her locket a little too hard. She gasped and let it go. Then she wiped the tears that began to form in her eyes.

"I hope that they are still alive... Curse you, Xiav monstrosities!"

That little emotional outburst helped her remember her aim. She wanted to gather more plants for auntie. Despite the access to healing magic, Viletta still believed in power of the herbal medicine.

"All right, time to get busy!" - Penny sniffed the air once more. It was really fresh and tasty, but there was another faint trail which caught her attention. Penny sprinted towards it without hesitation.

"Aha! Gotcha!" - Penny exclaimed as she lifted the lower branch of a bush and found a bunch of pale purple flowers - "Colchicum Autumnale also known as Autumn Crocus! Perfect! Auntie will be delighted!" - Penny grinned, opened up her backpack, took out a small knife and started cutting away the flowers.

"I wonder when the Sonne reinforcements will arrive...? It's been a long time and we haven't progressed in taking the city under our control...I hope there won't be any unpleasant surprises. Oh, who am I kidding? With Xiav around everything is possible..." - these thoughts have been occupying Pennys mind for a long time...
    Last edited by Pinkazoid; 5th November 2013 at 9:44 PM.

OOC: The "red figure" towards the end isn't you, BugPokemonMaster. Just a heads up. I'm assuming that you're in Dark Cave.

Raphael the Infernape
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Route 45, Johto

The once quiet solitary grounds of Route 45 were now ravaged from erosion and toppled by endless rockslides. Rain continued to shoot down from the grey skies like pins and needles against my fur. Damn, the changes in this area were depressing, no less than the quiet mountain retreat known as Blackthorn. Clemont and I ran wildly with an iron will, ignoring all of the portruding rocks and mudslides in the process. It was like running through an endless nightmare, only you're chasing after something a lot more gruesome. Those crimsone eyes were still fresh in my mind, staring almost hypnotically. Didn't scare me, though. In fact, the more I thought about it, the more I looked forward to razing that visage in a holy bonfire. Ah, that would be the time.

By now, Clemont and I were neck in neck, running at godspeed in hopes to outrun the flooding that advanced down the river.

"You," Clemont gasped in between breaths, "where we headed?"

I focused critically at the massive boulders that tipped the edges around the cliffs of the mountains. Everything ahead seemed safe. I replied, "We're hunting down that Xiav assassin that ransacked the Den."

"You think," he rasped, then coughed a bit, "you think you're sort of," he breathed again "overdoing it?"

"Not at all" I replied. "Chances are, that assassin could have picked up on some info of our base. He now knows our location."

"So," Clemont gasped once more as we both tread down the soaked path "he may also tell his buddies of where we are."

"Exactly" I chimed. But the conversation ended abruptly as we found ourselves overcome by a surge of waves that tore through the remainder of the route. I have to admit, I screamed and panicked. Water is no good for a Fire-type such as myself, and even more so, all of my spells utilized fire. So a surprise attack would have to be handled by Clemont.

"Crap!" he screamed as the advancing tides swept us further down the nightmarish path. We crashed into some outgrown trees and stones in the process. The water then hit a wall of worn out driftwood. It took a minute before I noticed that those were the bridges that connected the two stray paths on Route 45.

As the wave let us go, it preceded over the edge of the strait. Both Clemont and I were wheezing for air in the damp climate. I looked around to see a small station nearby with the doors closed, but the lights on. We were near Route 29.

Scampering drunkenly, the two of us barged in through the door way and slammed it shut, cutting off the violent sonata of nature that continued outside. My ears were ringing like hell, and it took a moment for my fiery crown to rekindle it's fire.

"Whew," Clemont breathed "one helluva ride, hm? We should be nearing New Bark Town. I'm wondering if we should rest there." Clemont looked up at the flickering light. We had made it inside the passerby station.

"You can call this rest right now," I assured "so we should restock in New Bark Town. There are some friendly Sonne faces there."

Clemont beamed, "True."

I looked out of the narrow window of the passerby station. The cloudy skies were now glazed by the copper-colored Johto sun. Just like that, the thunderstorm had reduced to a drizzle. I was relieved. But something caught my eye. Some rustling going on from tree to tree had been going on for a bit. It was then a half-shadowed, reddish figure emerged from the foliage, looking from side to side. Those bloody crimson eyes I had thought.

Then it struck me.

"The assassin is outside!" I shouted. Clemont immediately shot up from his rest and peered outside as well. I ran out from the otherside of the passerby station and immersed myself into the grassy fields of Route 29. The figure didn't see me, though he began gliding over from tree to tree again, as if he knew I was after him.

"COWARD!" I yelled out, then my wild pursuit resumed once more.
    Last edited by Primal Crusader V; 3rd November 2013 at 6:01 PM.

Kenneth the Scizor
    Order of Xiav
    Dark Cave, Route 45
    Affected RPers: Meeker (Eris), Primal Crusader V (Raphael)

The phone rang, and Kenneth's hopes began to plummet as it did not seem that Eris would be answering her phone anytime soon. About to end the call, an aggressive voice shot out.

"This better be important," Eris said. "I'm on very important business! So say what you have to say, or hang the **** up!"

"Master Eris, I have gained some valuable information," Kenneth began. However, the ongoing storm was disrupting the signal slightly. Bzzt Sonne groups are leaving" bzzt " ....thorn City. One is heading south down route forty-" bzzt. "The other West towards Mahog-" bzzt. "I suggest an am-" bzzzzt. Kenneth had lost connection in the gruesome storm. Hopefully, Eris had obtained the most important bits of information, as this was an opportunity they could not afford to miss. Returning the phone to his pocket, two figures could be seen rushing down the mountainside and being swept up by a wall of water. One's head was ablaze, while the other appeared thin with no other defined characteristics.

"Maybe I should get rid of them now," Kenneth whispered, putting one foot forward. Making his decision, he dashed into the pouring rain and the rampant flood. Smashing into the hard rocks and jagged edges, he sustained minor damage, but that would not stop him from completing his goal. The two figures were quite a ways in front of him by now, and it seemed as though he would never find them again. As the wave continued, he eventually found himself nearby a station, connecting to another route. The place is probably crawling with Sonne. I need to rest up before making my move. Kenneth leapt towards the nearby woods, attempting to recuperate before making his attack. He now had a new target, the station. By overtaking this, and leaving no survivors, it would be a perfect trap for the Sonne members heading this way. While this happened, the other Xiav members could overtake Blackthorn. It was the perfect plan, but Eris needed to know about this.

Once again, he grasped his phone, by the raging water had destroyed the piece of technology. Another form of communication was needed. I bet that station has a radio. Now there's an even better reason to attack. Kenneth crouched down into several bushes, and plucked several Oran Berries from them. Quickly, he gulped down the lush, blue berries, and prepared his attack. This would be it. This would be the first step towards domination, the first step towards survival.
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

Eris the Delphox
    Order of Xiav
    Violet City, Johto
    Affected RPers: Kenneth (BugPokemonMaster316)

The caller answered, but most of what he said was unreadable. Damned grunts, she thought, you'd think that they'd at least try to get good reception. But Eris couldn't help but remember what she could make out. From what he said, one could infer that Sonne members were moving from Blackthorn to Mahogany Town and to Cherrygrove. It wasn't that she didn't want to stop these movements, but she had other matters to attend to. Something much more sinister.

She walked through the ash-filled air of Violet City towards the Sonne controlled areas. Nothing can stop me now... She walked nonchalantly given that the City was under siege. They will know true power... As she made her way to her destination, various acolytes joined her. They will reap what they have sown. Eventually, Eris and her followers made their way behind the front line. And they shall suffer for their ignorance.

The Delphox's followers quickly dispatched any Pokemon that stood in their leader's way. It mattered not how close they got to her, she would simply set them on fire and leave them to burn. They continued their march through the Sonne defenses, losing no more than three members on their way.

"Does anyone know of a news van in the area?" Eris asked. Her voice was calm, unlike it had been not long before.

"Scouts have reported that there is one near the Pokemon Center," a Floatzel answered.

"Well," the Delphox replied, "That's not far. Members of the order, take prisoners if you can, we're going to capture this news van, and we'll show the Sonne why we are to be feared!"

Her followers let out a quiet chant, and followed her to their new destination. It was only two blocks away, and they made it there very quickly. The van was in perfect condition aside from the ash that had gathered on its roof. Nobody was broadcasting at the moment, its crew did what they could to pass the time. Two Pokemon, an Ivysaur and a Mr. Mime sat next to a wooden crate playing cards while a Gardevoir sat staring at the ash and embers as they fell from the sky.

Well, isn't she pretty, Eris thought. Too bad she'll probably resist capture. She signaled her group to attack, and they charged the van yelling "Hoorah!" The witch followed behind them, walking just as casually as she had before. The Floatzel she had talked to quickly dispatched of the Mr. Mime, while his friends took out the resisting Ivysaur. Only the Gardevoir surrendered. Eris walked up to her, and her hostage spoke.

"What do you want with me?" she asked, trembling as she spoke.

"Oh," Eris replied, "I have my reasons. Now, if would be so kind, I'd like to make you a deal. You can live, as long as we get your van. Sound good?"

"Fine!" she yelled. "Fine! Anything! Just let me live! I have a family!" The Gardevoir was determined to live. She didn't seem to matter what they took from her as long as she could have her family untouched.

"Thanks, sweetheart," Eris exclaimed, kissing her on the cheek. Acolytes, please, stuffer in the van and knock her unconscious." The Pokemon followed, and the Floatzel choked the news caster until she fainted. Now, to the refugee camp.
    Last edited by Meeker; 4th November 2013 at 1:16 AM.
    Author's Profile

Raphael the Infernape
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Route 29, Johto

It was him.

I chased after the Xiav menace with my claws ready to tear through his sorry face. Clemont, who seemed rather confused of at the moment, hurried along beside me. The red figure stopped, slid down the tree and shook his head apprehensively, as if he were wondering which way was the best way to go. I slowed down a bit, my crown of fire easily tempered, but my light magic at the ready. The figure then ran towards me at incredible speed. It darted right at me as Clemont threw himself out of the way. I grasped it's wrists and squeezed them tight as it tried ever so hard to grab hold of my neck.

"Got you" I jeered, "now you'll pay for the damage of-"

Then the figure began laughing hysterically. From the corner of my eye, I could see Clemont readied his blades in a crouching stance.

"Did you really think I was the one who demolished your sorry excuse for a base?!" he cried out.

I raised an eyebrow. Why the hell was he being so specific? If he weren't the one who did it, then how did he know what happened?

"Lemme let you in on a 'lil secret" he whispered. At this point, he was came close towards my ear. "I'm just a diversion"

Just as I was about to grab hold of his neck, he executed a backflip that nearly confounded me.

"That assassin. His name is Kenneth. I've been looking out for him for quite some time," he stated "sadly enough, he doesn't know me. He didn't even know that I saved his hide!" the figure began to snicker with a demented smile. "The Order of Xiav will finally let me in! The Shadow Armageddon nears! Oh, it is so beautiful. It is so-"

At this point, he began ranting about how glorified those Xiav would be at the end of it all. Clemont and I exchanged very brief glances. He wore Xiav robes, but how could he not be in the Order of Xiav? No, enough.

I grabbed him by the neck and threw his entire body at a tree. His body made a sickening thud as I approached him, his face to screwed up with insanity. "You're done" I breathed.

I threw my fists up into my fiery crown, and I focused deeply on my source of light magic. For a split second, everything around me ceased to exists as my fists were lit afire by a more refined, burning flame. I then withdrew them from my crown as the blazed and flickered restlessly. The figure, as it did not matter what pokemon species he was, stared in some awe, but still laughed unreasonably. I clenched them even harder as I saw the darkness in his eyes.

-DIVINE FIST OF FLAMES - The user deliberately sets his/her fists on fire then focuses his/her punches on the Xiav menace.
    -NPC Effect -When this attack lands, the NPC is badly burned and crippled, whilst losing HP. The more successive hits, the closer the NPC is to death.
    -PC Effect- PCs are seriously scorched and damaged by this move, but cannot die regardless of how many punches land on he/she
    Like weighted bludgeon's, my flaming fists struck the freak in the torso at blinding speed. I began to throw each hit in succession, as it became a deadly rhythm that crushed my opponent. I simply continued throwing a raging inferno at him as I felt each punch dismember him.

Thud, thud, thud , thud, thud

It went on forever before I noticed that my heart was racing, and the figure was set in a brutal, all-consuming bright fire. He screeched in such agony that Clemont shut his ears in recoil. Seconds passed as the holy flames devoured his dark heart. He was reduced to a fine ashed that, even then, continued to burn. I swear at the time, that I heard him croak vulgar words that only a devout Xiav follower would mumble. But light prevailed over him. I prevailed over him.

"Hey," Clemont ran over to me and shook my shoulder, "you alright? What's up with ya?"

It took a few more seconds to finally notice that he was done for. I turned to the side to see Clemont's petrified face.

"Wha-?" I murmured.

"Why did you kill that Scrafty?! He wasn't even Xiav!" he yelled.

"He was still following the culture though" I spoke with naivety.

"What? That doesn't even give you an excuse to deliberately murder him. His heart was still pure, for Arceus' sake!"

Pure I thought, I only saw a darkness equivalent to that of a Xiav.

"...And you could have saved him! Kept him hostage! We could have brought back to base and interrogated him for answers! Then, he could've led a normal life! We could have converted him from those ways! After all, he's not an official-"

"I know," I interrupted, but calmly, "but he still helped this 'Kenneth' guy that nearly caused the deaths of the entire Blackthorn base. His threat was equivalent to that of a Xiav soldier. Think about it; If we let that Scrafty live, he could've continued his trickery, quite possibly causing some serious downfalls on our part"

Clemont sighed. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, then focused his attention back on me.

"Okay. But think before you kill someone" he stated, now feeling more at ease. I nodded instinctively.

"And remember, buddy, you're a Sonne member, not a serial killer"

And the conversation ended as the a zephyr pushed through the everglades of Route 29.

Forgetting the incident, we decided to cut through a few trees and made our way to Cherrygrove. However, the environment was greatly affected by dark magic. It seemed as though Xiav warriors passed in and out through the vicinity. There were dark craters that blotched several areas around the forests, and they seemed to spread to the trees which were now dying and decaying. No traces of life were found along the way, but overall, Route 29 was in horrid condition. It was as if you have walked into a fairy tale that seemingly ended badly. The skies altered between purple and blue at times. I began to conclude that the Xiav were making a push to the east already.

~~~

We stopped at New Bark Town, where we had originally planned to stock up on supplies. Some jolly looking pokemon rushed to our aid and introduced us to the leader of the town, a Meganium that had originated from Ilex forest. We sat down with her as she told us of the dangers that lied further west. From time to time, Clemont would go around and socialize with the other Sonne members of New Bark.

It was too soon before we had to get moving. I looked up at the position of the sun, which was no enshrouded by those ghastly clouds. It was exactly noon. We had to get a move on, or else those Xiav would take control of Azalea.

This mission didn't turn out the way we planned, but we had to proceed, no matter how outnumbered or vulnerable we were.
    Last edited by Primal Crusader V; 4th November 2013 at 2:19 AM.

Eris the Delphox
    Order of Xiav
    Route 31, Johto

Dawn grew closer, and the horizon transformed to a deep blue-purple. Eris and two of her followers, the Floatzel and a Furret, made their way to the eastern edge of town, deep behind enemy lines. One screw-up and they could easily be captured by their foes.

"So, where are we going?" the Floatzel asked.

"To the refugee camp," Eris replied. "It's not far, just outside Dark Cave."

"Why are we going there?" the Furret continued.

"To Prove a point." The witch's cryptic answer only made him feel uneasy, and his face proudly displayed it.

The continued down the route, resisting the urge to corrupt the land as they went along. The Floatzel had the hardest time in doing so. He was proud to be by his master's side, and wanted to please her in any way possible.

Dawn was almost at end when they arrived at their destination. The small plot of land was surrounded by an electrified fence to keep dangers out and covered in canvas tents. But most importantly, it was teeming with now homeless Pokemon. They had escaped the fighting at Violet City, but Eris wouldn't let their suffering end there. Nobody escaped her grasp without suffering tenfold in the time to come.

They approached the gate, and were soon met by a lone sentry.

"What are you doing here?" the guard, a Rhydon, asked. "This place is open to authorized personnel only!"

Eris snapped her fingers and her Floatzel rammed into the guard with Aqua Jet. He was sent flying into the guard hut, leaving a large hole in it.

"Now," she answered, "let us in, or I'll have a mess of tapeworms put inside you, understood?"

He didn't respond. Either her follower had hit him harder than she had thought, or he was unconscious.

"Quin," she ordered, "finish him and get this gate open."

"Yes my lord!" he answered. Quin took out a dagger, and stabbed the Rhydon in the chest until he penetrated his armor. He stabbed the guard at least fifty times before he was sure that he had killed him. Covered in blood, the Floatzel found the button that opened the gate, and pushed it before regrouping with Eris.

Once inside, she used her psychic abilities to seal the gate once again. She wanted no one to escape.

"Attention everyone," she shouted, "this camp is under new management!" The refugees simply looked at her. They knew not what Eris had planned for them. "If there are any Sonne members out there, please, come up. I'd like to have a word with you."

Nobody came out.

"Is there not a Sonne member in here," the witch asked, "hiding amongst the cattle?"

Still no response, only blank stares were cast.

"Well then," Eris continued, "women and children first. Come up in a single-file line, or I'll kill you all."

The child refugees came up one by one, just as she had asked. She had her acolytes next to her, and they investigated each of the children.

"Alright Frisbee, kill them."

The Furret stared at the Delphox in shock. She had asked him to slay innocent children.

"No," he exclaimed with a shake of his head. "I'm not doing that!"

Eris sighed and knocked him to the ground. Just as he tried to get back up, she lodged her staff into his belly, pinning him to the ground. He coughed, and blood began to leak from the side of his mouth.

SPITEFUL KISS - (aggressive) The user connects their mouth to that of another character, and vomits a ball of flesh-eating tapeworms covered in black acid into the victim’s body.
    NPC Effect - The character is eaten from the inside-out in minutes while the acid melts through them.
    PC Effect - The character suffers from frequent severe vomiting, stomach cramps, ulcers, and is easily fatigued until the tapeworms are removed (seven posts to remove by vomiting, and ulcers last for one post after the worm is removed).
    "I have no patience for cowards," she said as she pressed her open mouth against his. Her mouth filled with a mess of black acid and tapeworms, and it continued to grow until she vomited it into her follower's mouth. She wiped her mouth as she rose to her feet once more, looking at everyone's reactions. Quin laughed as Frisbee flailed on the ground. His body began to disappear as he was feasted upon by the parasites inside of him. His screams filled the area around them until there was nothing left but his skeleton covered in the black acid and worms.

"Frisbee," she yelled as she retrieved her staff from the Furret's corpse, "you got worms on my staff!"

Quin chuckled at her complaint. Eris then nodded to him, and he knew exactly what she wanted him to do.

"Quin, would you mind helping me here?"

"My pleasure, ma'am!"
    Last edited by Meeker; 4th November 2013 at 2:46 AM.
    Author's Profile

Aegis the Scizor
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Route 31, Johto
    Affected RPers: indirectly Meeks (Eris)

The dawn began growing closer and I stopped in a small grove outside of route 31 preparing my mental preparations for meditation. I pulled the hood of my Brotherhood robes far above my head to cover my easily distinct eyes. I begun to levitate and closed my eyes and begun to think about the holy light flowing through me and stretching my mind beyond my physical body in order to search for Xiav presence in the surrounding areas. Smokestacks could easily be seen from Violet City, even at the distance I currently was at, the dark grey columns climbing into the heavens and twisting the dark blue dawn into a black morning over the city, I was lucky enough not to be in the cloud of ash for the winds was carrying it to the west.

Slowly, my mental focus began connecting into the consciousness of the refugees at the Dark Cave camp, and then…another presence. The dark presence in the camp lingered at the front, definitely Xiav, but unlike any darkness I have ever personally felt before. At the core, hatred poured into an endless void, surrounding that hatred flowed pure evil, one that filled with ecstasy watching innocent men and women die slow and painful deaths, this was definitely unique, nor was it a Xiav recruit, even they felt remorse and sympathy, this being was well beyond recovery, a thought I did not personally favor, I will forever hope that even the dark and demented can be saved, even this one hopefully.

Feeling an overwhelming sense of horror become present in every mind of the pokemon inside the encampment, I connected my consciousness with another pokemon, in my mind, I witnessed whom ever I had connected with, and I watched as a Delphox connect its open mouth onto a poor pinned Furret’s mouth, “ironic though, this Furret is also Xiav, why are they betraying each other?”, as their mouths connected, a pile of tapeworm became present in the Furret’s mouth and they eagerly crawled into the pinned pokemon’s belly. Pockets of flesh begun to bubble as the acidic worms begun to eat through the muscles and bulge under the skin, unfortunately, the spell did not knock out the Furret, through the pokemon I watched through, I could hear his screams resonate within the chamber, and then watch simultaneously as other pokemon begin throwing up. As the worms, now bulging all over the Furret’s body, begun to ooze out of small openings in the flesh, the bigger bulges began bursting open and thousands of tiny worms exploded outwards and dug their way back into the victim’s body, having enough of the torture, I released the mental connection I was using and stopped my meditation.

I began walking to the electric fence that became a barrier at the entrance of the encampment, as I neared, I could clearly see the scene near its end; the Delphox was wiping her staff, probably due to some worms over it. As I approached the fence, the thought came over me that Delphoxs are fire types, and all she would have to do is think one insignificant thought and I would become a towering inferno. Not seeming to like that idea, I judged that the best course of action would be to fall back into the trees and near Violet city, it would be easier to observe the scene and retreat into the city should the need arise. Hopefully, other Sonne reinforcements would come, if not, liberating the city would definitely become a chore. Guerrilla tactics would more than likely become the way of survival here, Xiav troops were quickly taking the city and most of the civilians had retreated to Dark Cave, hopefully, by the time I got to the city, there would still be a city worth fighting for; and on another note, Violet City stood at a crossroad, it would be easier to defend Ecruteak from the south and halt Xiav land expanse from quickly pouring into the east, all I would need are the soldiers to help me.
    Last edited by Tasslehoff; 4th November 2013 at 4:57 AM.

Syrax the Goodra
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Ecruteak City, Johto
    Affected RPers: Ryuka (Andydemon)

Upon arriving in Ecruteak City with the rest of the convoy, I could tell Xiav forces were still trying to push their way into the sacred city. The sky above was the most prevalent indication that the clouds of darkness were trying to snuff out the sunlight, but couldn't quite wrap their way around the ray's completely. The Brotherhood of Sonne was still here, and now they were going to find the balance bending in our favor.

The convoy was unpacked, and soon enough, most of the Sonne warriors that had come with us joined the fight, trying to push Xiav's forces out of the city and then raise the defenses.

While Ecruteak had been oppressed and had seen better days, I knew any damage could be repaired and mended. With more Sonne reinforcements pours into the city, it wouldn't be long until these scumbags were sent packing.

Still, what Xiav had done to several of the townspeople was rather grizzly, and in many cases, very often I just found piles of ash where bodies probably should have been. Several houses had been set aflame by unnaturally dark fire. In most cases, the townspeople were attempting to put it out with water, only to not even put a dent in the inferno. In most cases, only the cleansing light of our powers could stop it, or else the fire would keep burning until nothing remained.

"Look at all this garbage," Muttered a Sonne lieutenant, a rather gruff Blastoise by the name of Kolm. "Xiav garbage. Everywhere. Fools think the end is near and think slaughtering everyone will save them. Heh, pathetic."

"Their dogma is rather... obtrusive," I told him, knowing that after I had seen it myself, the Order of Xiav very often tried to imply that the darkness could make one feel quite elated. "It's a cult, a pyramid scheme designed to justify a might makes right environment. Time is their greatest weakness."

As more Sonne warriors arrived in the city, we were making every effort to push Xiav out of town, and those that refused to budge were burned down where they stood.

Shortly after, I had received a message from a Fearow. No doubt it was likely a scouting report, and I figured a new development had been discovered.

"We've sighted the Xiav leader in Violet City," The Fearow told me. "Xeros was the one who spotted her. The Delphox seems to be much more corrupt than the others. It seems to run so deep that it has started to affect her physically."

"Violet City isn't far from here, but there's Xiav resistance all over Ecruteak," I told him, knowing there might be a delay. "Keep eyes on her. Knowing how the Order of Xiav is, they won't stop until they've destroyed everything."

The forces of evil had the tendency to do that. By becoming so bent on destruction, they wouldn't know when to stop and could never truly achieve victory. Even if they laid waste to the entire world and killed all their enemies, they wouldn't simply become placid and peaceful in their new age of darkness. No, they would simply turn on each other instead, as dictated by their might make right mentality and their insatiable hunger for pain and brutality, regardless of whether it was on friend or foe. The cycle would continue until it was only down to one, last deranged individual that would be so blood-drunk that after everyone was dead, there was no one left to kill except themselves. And with no food, no help, and no one left to fight and kill, insanity would drive them to their own doom. That was Xiav's future.

I soon met up with a gathering of Sonne Pokémon, a Riolu, a Mienfoo, and a Blaziken, one I recognized by the name of Phoenix. They had already been in Ecruteak City for a while now, holding their position for as long as they good.

"Syrax, you've arrived!" Phoenix exclaimed.

"Thankfully, it seems we're not too late," I replied, grateful for his welcome. "You're doing well, keep up the good fight. Moreover, I've already received word that the leader of the Order of Xiav is not far. She was last seen in Violet City."

"Slaughtering innocent Pokémon, I wager," Kolm the Blastoise remarked in his gruff, low voice. "The south entrance that leads to Route 37... is it open?"

"Unfortunately, we face much resistance beyond this point, including from the south," Phoenix replied. "No doubt, the forces of Xiav would attempt to slow us down to allow Eris and her deranged minions to unleash devastation. I imagine all kinds of ambushes await all along the way to Violet City."

Kolm growled in anger, knowing it was just like Xiav to give their cold-hearted, calculating maniac of a leader extra time to unleash meaningless, wanton destruction. Attempting to reach Routes 36 and 37 would no doubt be difficult for us. Xiav could supply both areas with a constant surge of reinforcements from Goldenrod City. Not only would we need to secure Ecruteak City first, but we would also need to fortify a position along Route 36 to block any reinforcements from reaching Violet City.

"At this rate, we won't get there in time!" Kolm growled, frustrated about the impending loss of life. "Is there no other way!?"

"Our only choice is to fortify it from the east," I told him. "We cannot abandon Ecruteak, but I can send word for Cherrygrove to send help. I fear that the journey north may take them too long, however."

"I'll send word immediately," The Fearow volunteered. "In the meantime, I'll scout Route 30 to check for resistance."

I nodded to him, and with that, he quickly flapped his wings and took to the skies. Perhaps, if we could secure Ecruteak, we might just be able to trap Eris in Violet City with forces from both sides. However, it wouldn't be infallible. There was still a chance she would sacrifice her allies to make her own escape.

Still, until we were able to break through, we had to take things one step at a time.

OOC: Yay for spell debuts.

Aeron the Pachirisu
    Order of Xiav
    Route 36, Johto

Aeron grimaced as the light given off of Houndoom's transformation hurt her eyes. The grief-stricken hellhound stepped from the blinding cocoon of ancient energy and let loose a roar that was heard for miles. His skull "brooch" had turned into full-blown bone armor, at least for the front of his body. He easily stood over two feet taller which made him tower over Aeron even more. He was imposing and looked ready to kill.

Not wasting any time, her ran forward towards Aeron and let loose a barrage of fireballs. Aeron, being as small as she was, navigated the fiery rain expertly enough to dodge the charging hound like a matador in a rodeo. The Mega Houndoom wasn't finished yet though. He rushed at the squirrel again, this time forming three spheres of light above his head as he ran. Aeron jumped out of the reach of his claws and barely avoided the purifying, healing spheres that would have been deadly for someone as dark as her.

Aeron couldn't afford to use up her shadow magic unwisely, so instead she focused on her nature electrical abilities. As she dodge another charge, Aeron formed an electric sphere on the end of her tail. A quick spin launched it at her opponent, who couldn't dodge it in time. He wasn't focused enough. It landed him square in the chest, but the bone armor absorbed most of it. Aeron jumped out of the way before another wall of fire roasted her, or more importantly, the letter.

After a flurry of fire and glowing stars, electric spheres and red claws, and rams and dodges, the Houndoom seemed damaged and Aeron was tired. Neither of them could keep this up much longer. That is until Aeron realized that she still had an out. As her magic finally finished regenerating from the last spell she used, she had to prepare herself for this move. Many of the techniques that she had at her disposal were debilitating or offensive moves, but there is one that she hadn't used for a while that would win this for her.

And it's a fun one.

The Mega Houndoom readied itself to charge again. Likewise, Aeron readied herself to receive it. As the dog came barreling towards her, Aeron jumped. Slightly confused, the Houndoom almost didn't realize that Aeron had landed on his back. When he did notice, he tried to buck her off. Aeron held on for dear life, grasping the bone protrusions to keep from flying off. Her whole body glowed with a purple aura for a breif moment before it all gathered in her lips. She pecked the Houndoom on a patch of fur before her, and the bucking stopped.
    -SHADOW KISS
    User gives the target an angelic-appearing kiss imbued with dark powers.
    NPC: Target falls under the user's control.
    Aeron hopped off and watched as the Houndoom tried desperately to battle to intruding presence in his mind. His whole body went into minor convulsions before finally collapsing to the ground. The white magic had resisted valiantly, but it had been suppressed with the darkness that the emotional agony had introduced in his mind. He rose once again, eyes blank. Aeron jumped on his back again.

"To Goldenrod City, my pet," she cooed into his ear. Immediately, the Houndoom, still in his powered form, took off to the west and through the corruption.

I'll be there in no time now...

(I probably could have made this look better, but it got late and I was drop dead tired.)

Ryuka the Riolu
    Brotherhood of Sonne
    Ecruteak City, Johto
    Affected RPers: Syrax (Avenger)

Once Phoenix explained that Syrax was coming to Ecruteak City, he started walking again, with Ryuka and Richard following behind him.

Eventually they reached the alleged rendezvous point. As they waiting for the reinforcements, the two boys scanned around to see the damage the ongoing battle was causing. Various homes were burning with an ominous dark fire set on them by the cult, completely inextinguishable by the water the townspeople were trying to use to put them out.

Soon they noticed a set of vehicles pull over nearby, followed by a bunch of Sonne soldiers heading out to join the fight, all save for a group consisting of a Goodra, and Blastoise, and a Fearow. The Goodra in particular appeared to be someone of authority.

Sure enough, as the group approached Phoenix and the two boys, Phoenix exclaimed "Syrax, you've arrived!"

Upon hearing Syrax's name and realizing this was the leader they had heard about, Ryuka nervously got behind Richard, who quietly sighed at this behavior.

Phoenix and Syrax briefly discussed current matters regarding the location and status of the cult's leader, Eris, and what they could do to try and corner her.

Seemingly nearing the end of their discussion, Syrax sent Fearow off to send word to Cherrygrove City.

As Richard watched the Fearow fly off to deliver Syrax's message, he noticed the darkness covering part of Ecruteak that was trying to fight back the sunlight. "That darkness in the sky." Richard said out loud "It was covering up a good chunk of Kalos, and all of Olivine City too. It was so bad there you couldn't tell if it was day or night anymore."

"I don't like it Richard, it scares me." Ryuka stated, still behind Richard as if to hide from the darkness covering the sky.

Richard turned around to face Ryuka and put a paw on his shoulder telling him "You don't have to be afraid. Nothing bad's gonna happen to you, not while I'm around."

"Al-Alright. But please be careful Richard, I...I don't wanna lose you too." Ryuka responded worriedly.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm not going anywhere Ryuka, I promise." Richard said to Ryuka reassuringly.
    Last edited by Andydemon; 4th November 2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Bring back Lucario, Lucas, and Ike in the next Smash Bros games!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast