Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Echo of Time: Awakening [PG14]~

Stella Gold
    Wielder of the Golden Ox Shield
    Being driven around

As Stella was having James follow Caroline's car, she couldn't get what the redhead had said before she got into the limo.

"Tell me, bitch...how the hell would I have entered the same design school as you did if I'm...shall I say, 'less talented' than you are? Definitely not by scholarship if that were the case. Do you seriously think that I held up the principal on the street or kidnapped his boy or something? Negative. Girl, answer these simple questions...you heard of Patrick McNamara of McNamara Diamonds and Jewelry, Inc.? Tell me, what color is his hair?"

Stella clutched her necklace as she thought about it. She didn't get a chance to answer, but she heard every word. McNamara Diamonds and Jewelry, Inc. was a huge company, she was wearring some of their products even now. She didn't think of it right away at first, because there were hundreds of McNamaras in New Arc, there's no way in hell that the two could be related. Especially since Patrick owned a fabulous Jewelry company, and Caroline was... well... a common street urchin. Now that she had this information, she was amazed she hadn't thought of it sooner. It would've explained how she was able to get into the most prestigious fashion design school in the country, and be absolutely terrible designer with ghastly taste.

Despite this revalation, Stella did not gain any new found respect for her redheaded classmate. In fact, her opinion of her went down even lower than it already was. "She's the heiress to a multi-million dollar corporation, and she chooses to behave the way she does? That is absolutely disgraceful!" Stella was very much looking foward to catching her in the middle of a criminal act, and getting her sent to prison, where girls like her belong. Stella also considered convincing her father to buy out the company for her afterwards. He has the money, and the business saavy to do it. Then, when that was done, he might rename the company after her, and give her some degree of creative control. "If anyone is going to be running a jewelry company, it's going to be me. Stella Gold Inc. has a lovely ring to it. And it'll be the first step on my way to forming my own business empire! Then those uncultured idiots back in school will be groveling at my feet, begging me for a job. Oh, it'll be fabulous!"

Eventually, the car stopped due to a red traffic light. As Stella was having a fantasy of herself swimming in a pool of money and diamonds, she was interupted from her thoughts by someone's voice.

“Hey, Stelstel! It’s your best bud out here! Wanna open the door and let me in? S'il vous plait? I got a world to save and the wind’s messing up my hair!”

The blond looked out the window, and saw her purple haired classmate Michel standing next to her car. Normally at this, she would've driven away without another word after that he called her by that ridiculous nickname, but...it was the best buds line that got her. For all her fortune, she never had an actual friend before. Her parents were always away, and she was mostly treated with indifference from the other students. James, and her white Persain cat Diamante were the closest things she ever had to friends. One was on the payroll, and the other wasn't even human.

Stella pressed a button, and the window rolled down. "What's the matter Mimi? Don't you have a tiny car filled with other clowns somewhere you could use? Ugh, whatever, you're lucky I'm charitable." She sighed, and opened the door. "Get in. Stay as far away from me as possible, and if you so much as think about touching me, I will throw you out. AND KEEP THOSE HIDEOUS BOOTS OFF THE SEATS, THIS CAR IS WORTH MORE THAN YOUR HOUSE! You're going to stain the material. Now hurry up and get in, I have things to do." Michel was an absolutely lecherous human being, and as amusing was, she couldn't just be best friends with just anybody. After all, reputation is everything in Chevalier, and she wasn't willing to be another notch on his belt. But... if he was willing to prove himself, then maybe some things could be over looked.

"Miss Gold, could you please make haste, the light is about to turn green!" James shouted from the drivers seat.

As soon as Michel was in, she slammed the door, placed her golden shield in between them to keep them separated, and James took off. "Wipe that grin off your face, this is not going to be a regular occurrence. I just happen to be in a good mood today." She glared at him before taking out her pink 3DS, and playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity on it.

---

Wherever this beacon is

Shortly after that, the limo pulled over, and game to a stop. Stella turned her head up from the game she was playing. "James why have we stopped?" She closed her game console, threw it in her purse, and took a look out the window, and saw the red maserati she was following, and it's three riders standing in front of a large metallic structure. "Actually, nevermind that!"

Stella opened the door, and gracefully stepped out the car. This time, she took her shield with her for protection as they were carrying those old fashioned weapons. Maybe it was some ritualistic thing. Whatever, she was going to put a stop to it. "Hold it right there! You have five seconds to explain why I shouldn't call the authorities right now!" The twenty year old then grabbed Kessandra's wrist and pulled her to her side."Don't worry dear, you just got caught up with the wrong crowd. I won't let the police take you away." She took out her iPhone from her purse. "1" She pressed a button on the phone. "2..."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 25th February 2013 at 4:23 AM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Diego Vendrix
    Keeper of the Monkey Staff of Wisdom
    The Beacon in Zuri

Diego swore he heard the voice of the only other male wielder of a Sacred Weapon, Michel. Granted, his annoyance with Michel's lecherous behavior and general uselessness along with Michel's jokes about his weight was why he was hoping the boy wouldn't show up. However, he did manage to grow a pair to face off against Milly in her One-Winged form those years ago. The fact that he is coming says something about him.

At the very least, he is much less annoying than Stella is right now.

Speak of the devil...

He saw the pompous rich girl come out to them and threatened to call the cops on them before pulling Kess to her. Diego was a man of patience. However, he was also someone of short temper and considering the situation, he had no time for messing around.

He gently pulled Kess back before facing her.

"Here's a damn good reason," Diego claimed as his focus had been reached and he tapped the ground with his staff. Water began being drawn from the atmosphere as well various other sources such as puddles and water fountains. They swirled around the head of the staff before he pressured it into a hammerhead.

Diego was somewhat annoyed. Water was a very versitile element, but required creativity and he doubed he could create ice with it. However, that was not the time for that. He then proceeded to attack the beacon as well as he could.

They were on a schedule. Diego also hoped for rain as it would give him more water to work with and do other attacks besides augmenting his staff with different weapon heads made out of pressurized water.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Michel Lefčbvre
    Wielder of the Stallion Boots of Gaia
    Getting into a car

Michel couldn’t help but grin as the window lowered and his classmate’s face came into view. He knew it. Knew she wouldn’t be cruel enough to leave him hanging like that. Mean and cocky as she might’ve been, she was still both his friend and a chick. The former tended to help each other out despite any bickering they might’ve had – he had learned as much during the past two years of learning what the hell emotions actually were, and chicks? Well chicks digged him. Simple as. They couldn’t abandon him on the highway alone at night. So, as the window opened, Michel leaned closer with his usual grin in place.

“Hey, there you are, you come here oft-“

"What's the matter Mimi?” She interrupted, and Michel’s grin faded – only to be replaced by another, more amused one half a second later. Aw, look, she even gave him a nickname! It wasn’t the best nickname in the world but hey, who was to say she just didn’t have a sucky naming sense? He shouldn’t judge based on that. At least she tried.

“Don't you have a tiny car filled with other clowns somewhere you could use? Ugh, whatever, you're lucky I'm charitable."

The door opened, and Michel made his way in, humming to himself as he did. He really didn’t mind her little insults. He knew – or at least, was pretty sure he knew – that she wasn’t serious anyway. Her intention wasn’t to hurt him but just keep up appearances; maybe it was the way she was brought up. Remain proper and cold and that crap. Or maybe something had happened that had made her feel the need to protect herself from getting attached by being like that? If so, Michel could relate. He was like that too, two years ago. Nothing could get past his grins and smiles, nothing could touch his heart and all that. It was still difficult today, but at least he had learned to open up a bit more. Keyword being “a bit”, but hey. It was an ongoing process. Either way, if that’s what made her act like that, Michel knew the feeling all too well. Maybe that was why, when Stella yelled at him to not touch her and to keep the boots away, Michel just smiled and nodded obediently, even bending his neck a tad for a fake bow. Feelings were a scary thing, especially if you weren’t used to them. She wasn’t mad, she was afraid.

Either that, or he was completely off the mark. Wouldn’t be the first time. Maybe she was just genuinely mean, no tricks and buts and ifs about that. Didn’t matter to him either way though. She was his friend regardless. So, Michel made sure not to stain anything with his boots which, he admitted, did look a bit hideous inside such a luxurious place. But, ever since getting his memories back like what, two seconds ago, he had grown to appreciate the dirty pair a lot more. Before that they were just some freaky larp gear, but now? Now they were the weapon he had helped defeat an evil god with or whatever. Definitely upped their cool factor by quite a tad.

It was then, as the car started up again that Michel remembered he had yet to actually thank Stella for helping him out. He was just about to turn to do that, when a shield was basically slammed in between them.

Aw.

“Wipe that grin off your face, this is not going to be a regular occurrence. I just happen to be in a good mood today."

All that did was make Michel’s grin quite a bit wider.

“Yes, ma’m, wouldn’t dream of it!” He said with a somewhat mocking, if happy, tone and made himself at home in his seat. “But something tells me you’re going to be in a ‘good mood’ a lot around me.”

The Beacon in Zuri (Godthatsoundsdirty)

The car pulled up and Michel reluctantly exited the car after its owner. Aww, he wouldn’t have minded the ride a little bit longer. True, any and all attempts to strike up a conversation had went to deaf ears, but the car was still damn comfortable and, more than anything else, warm. It was freezing outside. Stupid snow. He definitely wanted a limo for himself now. Maybe if his sister hadn’t used up all his money to-

Michel fell silent at the thought. Oh, right. He… didn’t have a sister anymore, did he? The Earth was destroyed two years ago, right? So then, what, what was this world? Had time moved back? Or was this... world just a dream built for them to live in to keep them from the truth? The voice earlier had said they wouldn't be able to leave 'this world', so it sounded logical for this not to be the real one. But then why was it this dream sounded something he liked better than the real world?

What did he have in the 'real world', if it was indeed destroyed, anyway? His boots? The clothes he wore? Some cool earth powers that allowed him to kick up dirt? Against what, the entire world and his family in this dream? Friends, a job an education. A life. Weren’t the others like that too? Why were they so inclined to end this dream and return to a nightmare? Or was he in the wrong? Had time really turned back? What the heck was real then?!

Michel was shaken out of his thoughts for now as he heard Stella about to call the cops and Diego – oh, his good old chubby friend was here too! – conjuring up water in the form of a hammer. He was still a bit out of it, still a bit uncertain about what to do, but he knew he at least didn’t want the cops pulling up on them and getting them arrested. Time to play the hero or whatever.

“Three, four, and so on~” Michel finished for Stella in a singy-sangy voice as he grabbed her wrist gently - but still a bit rougher than he would have wanted to. His head was a mess. He wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing. Regardless, he yanked Stella backwards against his chest, snatching the cell and turning it off with his free hand before holding it up beyond her reach. Which, admittedly, wasn’t that easy because she was a tall girl and her heels didn’t help any. Luckily Michel's boots were pretty thick and added even more inches than hers did.

Phew, cell confiscated and immediate danger eliminated. Now to make sure she didn’t kill him for touching her. Er, this part of the plan he hadn’t quite thought through. Well.

“Sorry, Stelstel, just thinking about your reputation and all!” He rushed to explain, his voice still calm and somewhat comically cheery like usual despite his slight fear of the consequences and a small urge to actually let her call the cops and let the beacons be rising.

“If you called the cops now, you’d be found with us too, big-ass shield and all. And if by some miracle you didn’t get associated with us and rushed off to the station with us, you’d at least land your face right in the middle of tomorrow’s paper, y’know?" He chuckled. "We’re nobodies, our presence doesn’t really matter, but the daughter of a prestigious family shouldn’t run around at night destroying beacons and saving the world and stuff. All that jazz. The world’s unfair. You’ll get your cell back when we’re done, I promise.”

Not really sure whether his little speech was working or not, Michel leaned his face a little closer from above.

“In the meantime, hey, I still haven’t given you a proper thanks for the ride just now,” he began, a flirty smirk forming. He felt suicidal, what the heck. Maybe this would help him get rid of his doubts. “Did you know we thank with a kiss from where I’m from?”

Hey, that distraction had worked wonders with Milly!

Behind that grin and those carefree words though, Michel was a wreck of conflicting thoughts, and he hated it. This was exactly why it sucked to care about anything.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

(OOC: Black Shamrock is a name I made up for New Arc City's biggest Irish gang...probably where Stella suspected Carly to be from, since there's bound to be at least one McNamara.)

Caroline McNamara
    Wielder of the Valiant Hawk Scythe
    Beacon - Zuri

"I assume this is one of the beacons we have to destroy." Diego said as he stepped out of Carly's convertible. The redhead looked up at the structure and, recalling that her powers were back, leapt into the air and held her scythe in front of her, before starting to spin in the air, creating a silvery-green whirlwind around herself. Flying forward, she started striking quickly at the beacon with her twister-powered scythe.

"Hold it right there! You have five seconds to explain why I shouldn't call the authorities right now!" Carly heard a familiar voice, causing her to stop her attack. She looked down and saw that it was - speak of the devil - Stella. Carly decided to play it cool and smirked at the blonde as she flew down. Stella was already trying to coax Kess to come with her, her sugary-sweet voice laced with hidden vitriol.

"Don't worry dear, you just got caught up with the wrong crowd. I won't let the police take you away." She cooed, before looking at the others, demanding an explanation and starting to count. She was however, interrupted and stopped by Michel, who took her phone away and explained in his usual easygoing way.

“If you called the cops now, you’d be found with us too, big-*** shield and all. And if by some miracle you didn’t get associated with us and rushed off to the station with us, you’d at least land your face right in the middle of tomorrow’s paper, y’know? We’re nobodies, our presence doesn’t really matter, but the daughter of a prestigious family shouldn’t run around at night destroying beacons and saving the world and stuff. All that jazz. The world’s unfair. You’ll get your cell back when we’re done, I promise.” He said, before offering to kiss her, which made Carly want to grin like a maniac. Oh, the joy to see Stella scandalized and losing her dignity to that!

However, it wasn't only Stella involved, but everyone else. If Carly knew one thing, she was responsible for Kess, Diego, Zuri...everyone. If they went to jail, she had to answer for all them. The last thing she wanted was Paddy having to bail her out. She was twenty-one and she was capable of looking out for her friends, as her memory from three years ago proved...well, minus her being possibly responsible for Florina and Darwin's demise. She shook off the horrible thought, and stood her ground.

"Damn, do you seriously think I'm going to allow everyone to be arrested? Think again, bitch. We're all involved in this. How'd you like to be questioned at the station and possibly getting detained for a night? Unpleasant, wouldn't it be? Seriously, having all of 'em arrested solves nothing and doesn't make you the hero. You're here, you're involved. Better not get yourself in a hot mess while you still could. Paddy sure as hell wouldn't want to hear that his sister got arrested for...you know, something minor like driving to Zuri and checking out a beacon, and I'm sure as hell that they and their folks wouldn't want a call from the police in the middle of the night too. It's all so petty, so damn stupid." She said, before spitting on the ground as a sign that she wasn't going to comply.

"Besides, you know what's easier? Just shut your trap and go with it. It's not as if you got involved with...Black Shamrock or something. Now, if I were a Black Shamrock, then maybe getting me arrested is a different story. But then again, I aren't." She finished, before smirking at Stella and giving her a sarcastic wink. Now to wait for Michel to give her a kiss or not.

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Stella Gold
    Beacon - Zuri

“Three, four, and so on~” Michel finished Stella's countdown in a sing-song voice as he grabbed her wrist gently, yanked her backwards against his chest, snatched the cell and turning it off with his free hand before holding it up beyond her reach.

"Hey, what did...?!" The twenty year old started to shout.

But Michel continued speaking before she could finish. “Sorry, Stelstel, just thinking about your reputation and all!” He started to say. “If you called the cops now, you’d be found with us too, big-ass shield and all. And if by some miracle you didn’t get associated with us and rushed off to the station with us, you’d at least land your face right in the middle of tomorrow’s paper, y’know?" He chuckled. "We’re nobodies, our presence doesn’t really matter, but the daughter of a prestigious family shouldn’t run around at night destroying beacons and saving the world and stuff. All that jazz. The world’s unfair."

"Please, my daddy knows the editor in cheif of the local newspaper. And he would never allow them to scully his precious daughter's reputation." She wasn't sure if that statement was true, or even possible, but it sounded good.

You’ll get your cell back when we’re done, I promise.” Michel leaned his face a little closer. “In the meantime, hey, I still haven’t given you a proper thanks for the ride just now,” he continued, a flirty smirk forming on his face. Stella didn't like where this was going. “Did you know we thank with a kiss from where I’m from?”

At the mention of a kiss, Stella wriggled her wrist free from his grip, turned around, and gave him a well deserved slap on the face. She gave a satisfied smirk when her palm made contact with his face, and made a loud SMACK sound. Then she grabbed her phone from him while he was distracted. "You really think I'd let your lips get anywhere near mine?! Hmph, I should call the police, and report you for attempted rape."

She took a few steps away from the purple haired teen, and was about to make good on her threat, but was once again interupted by another teenager. This time that Diego kid again.

"Here's a damn good reason," Diego claimed as he tapped the ground with his staff. Liquids started to appear, and swirled around the head of his staff before it took the shape of a hammerhead.

"And just what do you intend to do with that? Splash water on me? Oh, whatever will I do?! I'm just a defenseless female! Someone help me! He's got liquid, I'm frightened!" She exclaimed in an overly dramatic way that made it quite clear she was being sarcastic. For a second, she missed the point that he had magically produced water. The realization hit her eventually, when Diego had gone off to attack the structure with his watery hammer. "Wait...what was that?!" This was getting too weird.

"Damn, do you seriously think I'm going to allow everyone to be arrested? Think again, bitch." Stella recognized who the voice belonged to, but had to look around for a minute before finding her... flying in the air. Surrounded by strong gusts of wind. Her eyes widened. This looked like a children's cartoon, except, it was real. She rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't hallucinating, and she wasn't. This is getting way too strange for my liking! I have to get out of here! She couldn't really pay attention to what Caroline was saying because all this blasted wind drowned out her voice. Not that she was interested in hearing any of it, but the gusts were going to ruin her perfectly styled hair. It had a tendency to frizz easily, and there was nothing pretty about frizzy hair. She raised the arm where she held the shield above her head, hoping it would work like a parasol, and protect her hair from getting ruined. It didn't seem to be doing much good.

"Besides, you know what's easier? Just shut your trap and go with it. It's not as if you got involved with...Black Shamrock or something. Now, if I were a Black Shamrock, then maybe getting me arrested is a different story. But then again, I aren't." Caroline finished her statement with a sarcastic wink.

"You may not be, but you're the ones running around attacking public property like a bunch of ruffians. I have every right to call the authorities. You know something, girls like you belong in prison! You don't deserve to be the heiress to McNamra Diamonds, let alone hobknobbing with the social elite of Chevalier. Your kind will never make it. Never!" The winds seemed to get stronger the more Stella shouted. "You may not be criminals, but you're all a bunch of freaks!" She raised her arm in anger. "AND I'VE HAD IT WITH ALL THIS BLASTED WIND!" Unbeknownst to Stella, her eyes were glowing for a second. Suddenly, a thick slab of metal, only a little taller than herself, rose from the ground. She forgot what she was going to say next from the shock of what just happened, It took her a second to process everything. The metal slab did prove to be an effective shield from this wind."...Did I...just...?" She raised her arm again, and the metal went back into the ground. Slowly, a grin started to appear on her face, and she threw her head back, and laughed. "Ohhohohoho! This is lovely. I'm a freak too!" Despite the insult at the end, she wasn't upset about this sudden development in the slightest. Surreal as it was, she was thrilled to have magical powers of her own. Even if these weren't the kind of powers she would've chosen for herself. She made another gesture with her hands, and the metal spike reappeared. "You know what... I take it back. This is fabulous!" She had forgotten about the strong gusts of wind in her state of euphoria, and her blonde hair was flying around all over the place, and getting very frizzy. She made a swift gesture with her arm, the metal spike became bigger, and shot out towards the beacon. She threw her head back, and laughed once more. "Ohhohohoho! DID YOU SEE THAT?! THAT WAS AWESOME!"

Once the piece of metal collided with the beacon, and retracted back into the ground after making impact, Stella soon regained her composure. "Ahem, I mean... yes, well... That's quite enough of that." She pulled out a small compact mirror, and a hairbrush from her purse, and started brushing the frizz out.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 26th February 2013 at 3:46 PM. Reason: Better word choice
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

Michel Lefčbvre
    Beacon – Zuri

As Stella started to wriggle herself free from his grasp, Michel realized, much to his joy, that his little suggestion had succeeded in reaping a reaction. The force of her struggle told him it wasn't exactly a positive one but then, what had he expected? He allowed his grip to loosen, already mentally preparing for the impact that would soon follow. This really was Milly all over again, huh? Well, the blow should be effective enough in shaking him out of his spiraling thoughts about the world and beacons and what not. And hey, at least unlike with Milly, this time he didn’t have to fear the girl almost killing him with one punch or slap or groin kick or whatever evil counterattack she had planned for hi-

A smacking sound echoed and Michel nodded to himself mentally as the stinging pain from his cheek spread throughout his face, leaving behind a burning, throbbing pain and probably a big fat hand mark on his cheek. A slap, then. Ah, the classics, ever popular it seemed. Well, not that he complained, it was far better than a groin kick, at any case. Seemed like she did have a heart after all, hidden somewhere underneath all the snark and violence. Michel rubbed the sore area of impact, finding himself chuckling a tad. Yeah, it sure hurt alright. But compared to him flying through the air and hitting the pavement from the force of Milly’s slap, this wasn’t really much. He’d live. A more unfortunate consequence was that Stella managed to snag her cell back, and was again threatening to make a call with it. Luckily, it was shut and would take a while to boot up at least, and that would give them more time to take it away or destroy the beacon again. So mission partly accomplished? Michel at least liked to think that was the case, otherwise his cheek had suffered in vain. Well, almost in vain; it had pretty effectively cleared his thoughts just like he had intended, at least for now.

"You really think I'd let your lips get anywhere near mine?!” She yelled, and before Michel could reply with something cheery and perverted, she continued: “Hmph, I should call the police, and report you for attempted rape."

Ouch. Calling the police and sticking them after you for vandalism was one thing, calling them after you for a real crime like rape was completely another. The former would land you in jail for a night and take some of your pocket money away, the latter would condemn you as a pretty shitty human being for the rest of your life and have you locked up for months if not years. And to do that to your friend? See, it was times like these Michel was really glad “friendship”, to him, meant little more than liking someone’s company. Stuff like that could have hurt him if he had really cared for the other person, and for a good reason. But, as things were, he was too aloof to get that troubled over it. He just chuckled, just about to comment that if he was going to land his behind in jail for stuff he hadn’t done he might as well steal that kiss first, when Carly piped up from the skies above to the two. Michel grinned. Always a pleasure to the eyes, Michel nodded her a quick hello which she probably didn’t notice. She was a tad too busy scolding Stella. Yikes, she looked scary. The girls began to yap at each other, and Michel saw it best to just… stay the heck out of it. He wasn’t quite suicidal enough to go interrupt two warring chicks.

Instead, he focused back on his cheek, still rubbing it and trying to chase away the memories of fighting Milly the pain brought. He didn’t want to remember what happened two years ago, all it did was bring back the knowledge of the fact that Earth was probably gone which, in turn, made him doubt his decisions even more. He looked up at the beacon, sighing a tad when his head started to be filled with conflicting thoughts again.

“Aw, Stelstel, you should’ve hit me a bit harder…” He mumbled more to himself than anyone else, shaking his head.

And, as if on cue, metal shot out from the ground just beside Michel and slammed against the beacon, apparently conjured by none other than Stella herself. Michel’s face fell.

“Woah, woah, I was just kidding!” He exclaimed and took a few steps backwards from the metal. Okay, now that would have hurt. As he took a look at Stella though, it seemed she was unaware she had almost hit him with it. Oh. So I wasn’t deliberate? Well that helped a tad, he figured. As the metal retracted, Michel noticed a crack in the structure. Diego had been hammering the thing with water and Carly slashed it with wind earlier, but as one would suspect, metal had proven to be a lot more effective in damaging the beacon than the other two elements. Still, the wind had cut up the thing quite a bit, and the water had weakened the structure. It didn’t seem like it’d be able it withstand one more hard, controlled blow now.

Well, Michel didn’t know about controlled, since he felt like his command of his powers still wasn’t on par with the rest of the team who had received theirs earlier two years ago, but if anyone needed hard blows, well, he sure had that part covered. So, tapping the ground with the tip of his right boot, Michel stretched a tad. Well, time to test out the offensive potential these babies held. It had been a while.

Michel still wasn’t entirely sure if destroying the beacons was the right choice but what the hell. In the best case scenario destroying just one would be enough to convince him that ending this dream was the right choice. Honestly, he was ready to take the gamble. He just wanted to stop worrying, it made him irritated and he didn’t want to be grumpy in the company of ladies. So, nodding to himself, he walked next to Diego and patted him on the shoulder.

“Hey man, great job with the hammer and all, but I think you might wanna move aside for now. That beacon needs something tougher than water to topple it, y’know,” he grinned, just a tad cocky. “So leave this to me.”

Michel distanced himself from the structure enough to allow himself a runway, and then kicked himself into a run. Earth got stuck onto his boots as he advanced, making the boots bigger and more solid. And so, as he reached the beacon and slammed his foot onto the damaged area Stella’s metal had struck earlier, the structure didn’t even try to resist the blow.

And so it crumbled.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

Hunter
    Wielder of the Red Lightning and the Great Lance
    Clock Tower

With his feet well grounded, knees angle-locked and ready to attack, Hunter readied his Great Lance. The blood-red markings on his exposed fore-arms burned his flesh; the energy flowing within was incredible but the pain all too real. All that power. The atmosphere around him became thick, almost malleable from the intensity. Sparks of red energy crackled mid-air as the red aura engulfed his whole being. Still, not a single muscle of his face moved, his eyes remained focused and his breath steady. Hunter anticipated the powerful slam of his opponent's massive weapon. With unbelievable focus, Hunter tracked the movement of the downward swing and parried the blow with his own Great Lance, leaving his enemy wide open for a fatal blow. "May the Gods have mercy on your pathetic soul Jago because ... I won't!" Hunter yelled as he took to the sky with an ominous leap, violently smashing his lance down his enemy's throat. The monster desperately tried to gasp for air but only gargling noises could be heard; Jago was choking on the blood trickling down his throat but Hunter remained unfazed and instead further dug his weapon. The Minotaur's eyes widened as the lance reached the pit of his throat. Jago plummeted to the ground smashing into the ice cold road, Hunter still forcing his weapon down. As the beast raised an arm in plea, Hunter released his Great Lance and jumped back, allowing time for his opponent to manage getting on one knee and then he mocked him with the point of his lance.

"Shhhdllnnt ooouf dnnn thaaat!" Struggle in his speech, Jago managed to let out a few last words before charging Hunter. The beast sped right into his doom. Hunter quickly slid to the side to avoid contact but his lance connected. The raging Minotaur fell to the ground face first. His right leg now missing, Jago couldn't get up. Hunter calmly walked several dozen feet to where his wrecked opponent lay. He tightly grabbed the Minotaur's horn and violently lifted its head up. After gently placing his lance back into his weapon case, Hunter charged his freed hand with Red Power and violently exploded that which he held ...

Hunter tared down the corpse. He balled his fists at the memories that had been sealed. The memories of his time in that place with Gabriel and the others made him feel nostalgic but no the kind that makes you long for what is no more. Instead, Hunter felt the nostalgia of the constant tension he felt around them. Gabriel was his only friend, everyone else? He was convinced they wanted him dead. Hunter gazed to the heavens and closed his eyes. His breath was visible from the cool of the night. Conflicted about his past and future only one thing was certain. He would not escape a violent death, after all there was no forgiveness even now, right?

Ayes
    New Arc City Plaza

The crowd marveled at the sight of the mayor's 19 year old daughter, Ayes. There was a majestic, otherworldly feel about her with her black silky hair and her glossy red lips. Her porcelain skin and bright blue eyes were enough to interest the most suited bachelors from all over. She stood gracefully in center stage, holding dearly to the microphone she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before speaking in the most melodic way. "Welcome kind people of New Arc City. It's my honor to inaugurate our most important tradition, the Lantern Festival. Every year we release thousands of lanterns in remembrance of those that left this world and are no longer with us. Our brothers ... Our sisters ..." A knot formed in Aye's throat, she hurt for something but couldn't understand why. Her entire life she grew up shielded from society. With an obvious break in her sorrowful-yet-beautiful voice, she continued, "We ... We ..." But she couldn't. She ran out the back stage with tears in her eyes and found the nearest bench to rest. She dug her face into her delicate hands and cried.

Before the gasps in the crowd could become actual noise, a person took center stage and finished the speech, queuing the release of the lanterns.

Thousands upon thousands of bright-orange lit lanterns illuminated the night sky. And then the first beacon fell.

The world began to distort. The lanterns slowly began to mold together. People all over the entire world began to melt into black liquid. From the dark liquid rose black, faceless humanoids with stretched limbs and only one purpose, find the Guardians of Light and destroy them.

Hunter
    Clock Tower -> Chevalier -> Arcadia

Hunter looked around, not a single soul could be heard. Something was wrong. Suddenly, two black figures attacked him from opposite sides. One aimed its claw-like fingers straight for his face and the other went after his legs. In a split-second reaction, Hunter flipped sideways to avoid the blows, grabbing each figure from the head as he turned and forcefully slamming them to the ground. Hunter witnessed the figures turn to oil and then simply gas which disappeared. Hunter looked up and raised an eyebrow at the sight of the hundreds of similar black figures that now had him surrounded.

Seems excessive for just one person, he thought. Hunter bolted through the crowd of creatures doing his beast to keep alive. Managing to break from the circle, Hunter continued running through the streets trying to lose the small army that follow close behind. From the top of a building he spotted a human silhouette, Milly. She jumped off, caught up and sprinted next to him. "Seems they managed to bring down the first beacon ... " She said with a big grin.

"Mildred. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't end you right here, right now." Hunter replied. Avoiding eye contact, he kept his sight straight ahead.

"I'm the only chance you have to escape this place, Hunter. Without me you'll all die here."

A couple seconds passed before Hunter entertained her with an answer. Hunter knew she could not be trusted but she had valuable information he was determined to get. "The next beacon ... Where is it?" He asked.

Milly grinned even wider before she made a sharp turn, "Chevalier District, follow me." She said. Hunter followed close behind.

After losing the mob of evil puppets, Hunter and Milly arrived at the beacon site in the Chevalier District. Milly stepped back. Hunter walked past her. Before touching the black structure, he looked back at her and glared. She simply sighed at his skepticism. "What is the purpose of these beacons?" He asked.

"Three beacons, Hunter. Dark energy flows between them. It's that energy that keeps this place in the reality which you've lived in for these past two years. This place isn't even a world. It's a fabricated reality populated by the mind of Michel, Caroline, Kessandra, Zuri, mine and yours."

"Seya, and the other Guardians?"

"Seya? and the other girl?" Milly laughed at Hunter's question. Hunter wasn't amused with the provocatively-dressed blonde with pig-tails. Milly had a secret. Her secret would devastate those impacted by it, Hunter knew that much but he didn't care to ask for now. It wasn't his place to because it didn't concern him.

Once more, the markings on Hunter's fore-arms began to burn as he charged his Red Lightning. He placed his hand on the black structure and seconds later the beacon shattered into a thousand pieces.

"The last beacon Mildred. Where is it?"

Mildred licked her lips at the thought of a reunion with the Guardians. "Arcadia." She responded and so they made way to the last beacon where surely they'd all be reunited.

Last edited by Black War Dragon; 12th March 2013 at 11:33 PM.

Diego Vendrix
    The Beacon in Zuri -> New Arc City Plaza

Diego had noticed it taken awhile for Stella to notice his water manipulation or Carly's wind manipulation. Not only that, her pretty scathing speech about Carly pissed him off. However, in her temper tantrum, it was revealed she had some sort of metal manipulation. Diego groaned inwardly as he realized they has someone else they needed to care of. However, currently he was concerned about Seya and finding her.

He got really pissed when she referred to them as freaks before she showed her powers.

"Ohhohohoho! DID YOU SEE THAT?! THAT WAS AWESOME!" she said rather uncharacteristically. Diego raised his eyebrow. Looks like there is some interesting life beneath that icy mask. Maybe she wouldn't be as useless as he thought.

Maybe.

He then saw her regain her composure. He sighed and shook his head in exasperation. Diego raised his eyebrow as he saw Michel go and finish off the first pillar. He knew that Hunter would be doing all right on his own. That meant they would move on to the next of these beacons. Hmm... if memory served him right, the closest one is Arcadia.

In Arcadia.

However...

"All right guys, we need destroy the next beacon. I am thinking the one in Aracadia should be the next one," Diego points out, getting a bit annoyed and a bit worried.
    Last edited by DVB; 23rd March 2013 at 11:59 PM.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenHouou
    The Beacon in Zuri (Godthatsoundsdirty)
    Haha, you're right, it does. XD And the fact that Zuri was the one to find it means... oh never mind.
    IC:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Zuri Watkinson
    Wielder of the Blue Flame Tiger Bow

Zuri had spent the past few minutes being both irritated and confused, two things that were normally rather unusual for her. The confusion came first, initiating right when the flame she summoned led her not to Seya, but to the first beacon.

Huh, she thought. And Seya's not here either. Why would the flame led us here instead? Is Seya trapped somewhere and we need to destroy the beacons to set her free? Would destroying the beacons also destroy the evil force that threatens her?

She paused for a long while, contemplating this. But just when she thought she had reached a conclusion on this, something distracted her. Someone, rather. It was Stella, who initiated an argument with everyone else and even made a police threat. And then she discovered that she had the ability to make metal spikes protrude out of the ground... But she acted all giddy about it. The entire time during that entire act, Zuri watched her in disdain. Even though she was definitely one of the Guardians of Light, and even though there just might be a heart of gold behind all the makeup and bling, there was something about her that Zuri did not like one bit. She felt it when she initially insulted her. She felt it both before and after she discovered her powers. And she still felt it now. Zuri made a point to stay away from her for now, lest a conflict similar to the ones she used to have back in high school arose...

Zuri remembered those days. Those days when she felt estranged from her classmates for not "keeping up with the times", for preferring to stuff her nose into silly spellbooks than to socialize and play basketball and go out to watch movies or drink illegally or whatever else high school kids did those days. She especially remembered this one snooty rich classmate who thought it would be a kick to tell their conservative history teacher about the book on the tarot Zuri had brought from her parents' house. Not only was said teacher displeased, but he also mentioned the situation to the equally-conservative school principal, who mentioned it to her grandmother. And that in turn led to over-religious Grandma's desperate attempts to purify Zuri's soul over the next few years. Zuri was for the most part over this by now, but the intense hatred that brewed between her and that classmate would serve as a warning in her mind from then on...

And then the sound of crumbling rock once again distracted Zuri, this time from her whole irritation and confusion getup. The beacon had actually been destroyed! Hooray! But alas, it was not hooray. Something happened afterward that just didn't sit right with her...

"All right Diego," she remarked after his remark on going to Arcadia next. "That sounds like a good idea. But it's strange. Did any of you feel this weird vibration when the beacon was destroyed? It feels like we have just lost something, though I cannot quite fathom what."

As she was saying this, she once again took out one of her arrows and held it before her, summoning a flame from its tip. As if picking up where it had left off earlier, it instantly flashed the same shade of bright scarlet as it had last time.

"It's funny," Zuri said to the others, but while still gazing into the flame. "I thought this flame was going to lead us back to Seya at first. Yet it seems the fates have led us to take down the beacons beforehand. Clearly the beacons must be linked to Seya if this happened. Yet, what will happen if we destroy them all?"

Zuri closed her eyes for a brief moment, and for some reason a single tear leaked out of one of them. And the bright red flame in front of her leapt in its place, circling around and then scurrying off behind her.

"Hmm, it looks as if it is headed towards the Arcadia district," Zuri concluded as she watched the flame fly away. "So, are we taking the same cars?"

Zuri silently hoped she would not have to ride in Stella's limousine. She doubted that stuck-up shield wielder would let anyone else ride in her flashy chariot anyway.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Caroline McNamara
    Beacon - Zuri

"You may not be, but you're the ones running around attacking public property like a bunch of ruffians. I have every right to call the authorities. You know something, girls like you belong in prison! You don't deserve to be the heiress to McNamara Diamonds, let alone hobknobbing with the social elite of Chevalier. Your kind will never make it. Never!" Stella shouted in reply, not that Carly heard its full volume due to the gusts whistling in her ears. The blonde kept shouting, until suddenly, a metal spike rose from the ground and collided with the beacon. It seemed as if Stella also had powers, much to Carly's annoyance. This was followed by a rather uncharacteristic guffaw from Stella, who quickly regained her composure and started fixing her hair once again. Typical Stella, as usual. Carly still couldn't fathom how exactly Stella got dragged into this, but she guessed that perhaps, things like that couldn't be changed. Like her or not, she was part of the team now.

With a final kick from Michel, the beacon crumbled and fell. Carly allowed herself to land back down on the ground and calmed down her winds. Diego then mentioned that the closest beacon was in Arcadia. Now, Carly had the thought that they at first had to go to Chevalier, as the place was overall smaller and easier to navigate.

"It's funny. I thought this flame was going to lead us back to Seya at first. Yet it seems the fates have led us to take down the beacons beforehand. Clearly the beacons must be linked to Seya if this happened. Yet, what will happen if we destroy them all?" Zuri said after stating that she felt the strange feeling of losing something after the beacon fell. Carly tried to remember, but she was up in the air at that time, surrounded by gales. She had not recalled any strange feeling, unless her memory served her wrong. But then again, Zuri was a lot more attuned to vibrations and spirits than the redhead was.

The red flame materialized in front of Zuri before traveling off once again. Zuri concluded that it was indeed heading to Arcadia. Perhaps Carly's thought of going to Chevalier was in fact, flawed and heading to Arcadia was the wiser choice.

"So, are we taking the same cars?" She finally asked. Carly nodded, motioning to her Maserati.

"Yeah. C'mon and hop in. We need to get there quickly and I think just flying would get us arrested. Michel, you could come in too, unless of course, you'd prefer to stay with Stella." She said, before heading to her car, getting into the driver's seat and starting it up as she waited for the rest to get back inside. Hunter...where was Hunter now? She did remember seeing him inside the clock tower before she left. Was he still alive? If he wasn't...no, Hunter was a survivor, she thought...if anything, he was going to make it. She placed her hands on the steering wheel as she started to think of the fastest way to get to Arcadia.

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Stella Gold
    Zuri

Apparently, those hideous boots Michel had on served some kind of function after all. He kicked the thing down, and it crumbled into a pile of dust. That didn't make them any less hideous in Stella's eyes. They were still dirty and unattractive. Not to mention completely out of place. All the others had traditional fantasy type weapons. His was a pair of disgusting footwear. What kind of weapon is a pair of boots anyway? Clearly, someone got shafted. They might've been tolerable if the horse design on them was one of those cute MLP styled ponies, but it wasn't.

"All right guys, we need destroy the next beacon. I am thinking the one in Aracadia should be the next one..." The guy with the staff points out.

Are you kidding? There are more of these things?

"It's funny. I thought this flame was going to lead us back to Seya at first. Yet it seems the fates have led us to take down the beacons beforehand. Clearly the beacons must be linked to Seya if this happened. Yet, what will happen if we destroy them all?" The white haired girl then produced a red flame, that seemed to be heading in the direction of the Arcadia district. "So, are we taking the same cars?"

"Yeah. C'mon and hop in. We need to get there quickly and I think just flying would get us arrested. Michel, you could come in too, unless of course, you'd prefer to stay with Stella." Caroline said, before heading to her car.

Stella wasn't about to just go along and pretend all of this normal. Awesome as it was, people do not have magical powers in real life. There was obviously more to this story she was missing. She put her hands on her hips. "Now wait just a minute. We is a lot of people. How can you all possibly expect me to follow you all along blindly? Why should I go along with any of this? I don't know anything about this Seya person or whatever it is you all have going on. Also, even if I did buy any of this, why would anyone want to travel around in that ricketty contraption?" She pointed to Caroline's car. "When I have my own fabulous limosine right there that's just so much more comfortable. I also have a driver who knows how to drive like a normal human being, I might add."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 13th April 2013 at 5:48 PM.

Hunter
    ---> Arcadia

In only moments, Milly and Hunter arrived to the sight of bickering, finally reuniting with Seya's Guardians of Light. "I hope you've all regained your memories," Hunter averted his gaze, focusing only on the deserted streets ahead, " ... If not, I'm afraid you'll be entirely useless ..." Hunter turned to Stella as he said the last bit, referring to her.

Milly stepped forward, "The last beacon is in Arcadia but I imagine you've managed to figure that much out."

Hunter didn't trust Milly one bit, in fact he'd kill her right now in front of everybody if it weren't for some information only she had and he desperately needed. Milly was well aware of this.

The red-head in the Maserati, Hunter glanced at her but his expression was cold. He recalled their battle with Hizeah ... And then he recalled his brutal fight against the Black Lorde Knights. Those demons threw him around like a rag doll, shattering the bones of his left arm, busting open his brow and giving him several concussions but still he managed to kill all three. Caroline ... He didn't say a word until something off of the corner of his eye caught his attention, the kind that made him grip his Great Lance tight.

There were shadows moving inside the buildings, you could see from the windows. There were dozens and they moved quickly.

Milly pulled out silverware from the back of her skirt, she held kitchen knives between her knuckles and chuckling half maniacally said, "We have company boys and girls."

Suddenly dozens of dark, faceless humanoids with abnormally stretched out limbs and razor sharp claws for fingers broke through the windows and charged at Milly, Hunter and the Guardians.

Several creatures went straight for Hunter, their claws reaching out. Hunter ducked and caught one by the face, using it to slam against the rest. The creatures screeched as the slammed into the ground. One by one, Hunter quickly stabbed the humanoids with his lance before they could get up but soon had more creatures charging for him. Hunter led the dozen that followed him toward the side of a building and ran upward alongside it, the monsters following close behind. Before reaching the ledge, Hunter twisted his body to face the group of dark creatures head on and dove right through them with a powerful blow, violently smashing them into the asphalt below.

It didn't matter how many Hunter killed off, they just kept coming.

Milly faced her own set of attackers but unlike Hunter, who preferred head on attacks, she flung the knives she held between her knuckles straight for her enemies' foreheads, killing several with limited movement. "We need to get to Arcadia!" She yelled.

Caroline McNamara
    Beacon - Zuri

"Now wait just a minute. We is a lot of people. How can you all possibly expect me to follow you all along blindly? Why should I go along with any of this? I don't know anything about this Seya person or whatever it is you all have going on. Also, even if I did buy any of this, why would anyone want to travel around in that ricketty contraption? When I have my own fabulous limosine right there that's just so much more comfortable. I also have a driver who knows how to drive like a normal human being, I might add." Stella remarked, causing Carly to turn and face the blonde. The redhead held up her hand and gave the other girl the bird.

"Funny how you first think that it's stolen, then turn around and diss it, just because I drive my own damn car. If I need to be fast, then hell, I'll drive fast for all I care! I haven't run over anyone for the three years I've been driving after all. Your chauffeur? He drives like a pussy." She shot back, then snickered at the younger girl as she got into her convertible and started it up as the rest piled in at the back.

"Arcadia...Arcadia...damn, not many small roads in there. Eh, who cares...we have to get there quickly." She murmured to herself as she placed her hands on the steering wheel and started driving, in a few seconds accelerating to the speed she drove at while getting to the beacon. Screw the rules this time, this was important.

"You guys alright back there? Don't worry, just keep your seat belts on and you'll be fine. We'll get there quickly, if nothing stupid happens." She said, looking back from the wheel and reassuring her friends, before facing forward once again and making a sharp turn towards the next corner. Hunter...Seya...she hoped that everything did not take a turn for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    OOC:
    Haha, you're right, it does. XD And the fact that Zuri was the one to find it means... oh never mind.
    Oh god Kiru, the mental images.

---

Michel Lefčbvre
    Beacon – Zuri

Michel had barely managed a sigh of relief upon managing to destroy the beacon when a lot of things occurred in an extremely short time. The cute but sort of eccentric witch girl mentioned a strange feeling upon the structure’s destroyal – one Michel couldn’t exactly deny feeling, once he stopped and thought about it – and then proceeded to conjure up another flame to guide them, this time towards Arcadia. Michel grinned and was just about to go and congratulate her on being an able (not to mention pretty) guide and pretty handy to have around, when another fight broke out between the two other ladies of the group. Aw, come on. Michel couldn’t claim he didn’t enjoy cat fighting immensely, but only when it involved notably less clothing, more oiled bodies and less dire circumstances. Right now, it was more worrisome than anything. They weren’t even fighting over him. He decided not to intervene though; he valued his health too much to butt in. Evidently, someone else didn’t; in a flash, both the Clown guy and the girl he smooched two years ago landed onto the scene, both looking like they’d just come out of a fight.

One glance at Milly, and Michel took a few careful, well-placed steps backwards. Not only had he stolen a kiss from her, he’d literally kicked her in the face the last they met. He didn’t want to be anywhere near her if she happened to look his way and decide she wanted some payback for what he’d done. A woman’s memory was known to be long when wronged; he’d learnt that the bad way. Luckily though, Milly didn’t seem all that interested in him right now, nor did she seem like she’d noticed him. Partly Michel was glad, partly hurt. Aw, come on, wasn’t he memorable enough or what?

Turned out, he didn’t have much time to mull over that; in a matter of seconds the group was assaulted by lanky humanoid shadows, each armed with claws and an in incredibly ugly mug. They charged, and the two ex-baddies were the first ones to snap into gear and start fighting them off, while the rest seemed intent on escaping with a car. He rather liked the latter option himself. It didn’t seem like there was an end to the creatures in sight, and they were in a bit of a hurry here. Hightailing it for now would probably be the best. They had to get to that last beacon before he’d again start to question whether they were doing the right thing ending this dream or not. The less he thought and the more he acted, the smaller the chance he’d become a liability.

So!

“Yeaah, you two keep these deadly guys in check,” he shouted at Milly and Hunter, nodding towards the shadows. “We’ll be off to destroy more landmarks.” With that, he turned to Carly and her car. Seemed like everyone was packed in and ready to go. Well, everyone except…

Crud. Well, okay then, wasn't like he liked having his head intact anyway.

“Sorry, princess,” Michel started as he ran up to Stella and gave her a curt mock bow. “No princes on white horses or limos with jacuzzis today. We’re in a bit of a hurry here, so you just got temporarily placed in second class. Your driver today will be-“

He grinned, bending and lifting her up bridal style, well aware this might very well be the last thing he did with his life. But hey, life equals risks and whatnot, yeah? Yeah, no, he was crazy.

“-me,” he finished, kicking himself off the ground to speed after Carly’s car, holding onto Stella as tightly as he could. Partially to keep her from slipping and hitting the ground at god knew how many miles per hour, partly to keep her from punching him in the face and breaking his favorite sunglasses.

Michel knew he probably wouldn’t be able to keep up with a fullspeed car forever though, so he’d either need to jump in or accept the fact that he was going to arrive there later than the others. Considering he sort of feared to be left alone with Stella right now, he much preferred the first option. He could hide behind Zuri if Stella tried to kill him for this.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

The heavens roared, a fearful cry of despair and calamity filled the world they knew and then - from the thunderous clouds that sparked bolts of ruin - an imposing shadow emerged from above, Raseo, Avatar of the Eternal Darkness.

They woke.

Black War Dragon Presents
    Echo of Time:
    The End War
    -Theme Song-

Featuring:
    Black War Dragon as Hunter M. Crux, Dark Prince of the Red Lightning and Seya, Goddess of the Everlasting Light
    *Jean Grey* as Caroline McNamara, Guardian of the Valiant Hawk Scythe
    Kiruria as Zuri Watkinson, Guardian of the Blue Flame Tiger Bow
    Monster Guy as Stella Gold, Guardian of the Golden Ox Shield
    GoldenHouou as Michel Lefčbvre, Guardian of the Stallion Boots Of Gaia

The Eternal Darkness Avatar:
    Raseo, Lorde of Darkness

The Phantom Saints:
    Hunter M. Crux, Phantom Saint of the Dark Lance (Previously)
    Mildred, Phantom Saint of the Dark Lance (Previously)
    Gabriel, Phantom Saint of the Dark Archangel Wings
    Minotoro, Phantom Saint of the Dark Skull Hammer
    Ry, Phantom Saint of the Dark Giant Dragon Sword
    Rina, Phantom Saint of the Dark Lament Gauntlets
    Majoria, Phantom Saint of the Dark Shuriken Shields
    Enzo, Phantom Saint of the Dark Ravager
    Bastion, Phantom Saint of the Dark Chaos Spheres
    Kaleigh, Phantom Saint of the Dark Blood Tears
    Saixx, Phantom Saint of the Dark Bane Bolt

The Web of Cosmos:
    The Sphere of Creation - Seya's birthplace and home of an ancient enlightened civilization.
    Earth I - Home to the Guardian's of Light (destroyed).
    Earth II - Dream world created to trap Seya in eternal slumber.
    Exilia - The Red Planet of the 7 Moons.
    Altair - The desert planet.
    Frost Magica - The frozen world.
    Animus - The city in the sky.
    Netherworld - Land of the wailing spirits.
    Technar - World of the machines.
    Atlantis - The submerged kingdom.
    Terrenal - Prehistoric Sanctuary.
    Billow - The dreamland.
    Magmus- World in flames.
    The Bridge - Ancient Terminal.
    Toveria - The mystic steam world.
    Apokalypse - The forgotten ruin.
    The Dark World - ?...?

Last edited by Black War Dragon; 2nd July 2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Add

Hunter
    Wielder of the Red Lightning/Dark Lance
    Earth II

Every bone in his body ached, every spec of blood irritated and boiling to the point of self-destruction. Hunter's eyes sprung wide open at the sight of the Dark Lorde's impetuous descent from the whirl-pooling dark clouds. He was incredulous at the haphazard arrival but the apparition was all too real. This world, a mimicry of the world they knew, a spit to the face, an abomination that distorted the memory of those they left behind. The dark, crimson-eyed Avatar, armored beyond blemish and wrapped around a cape that moved to its own will against any logic, stood levitated midair as his eyes scrutinized the battlefield below his feet. Raseo lashed his cape with a swing so utterly devastating it gashed a tear to the ground beyond sight, a few of which would be enough to incinerate an entire planet. "How I pity thee..." He rapped. The resonance of his voice echoed through to the deepest corners of the fictional Earth.

Hunter froze, there was more hate in his eyes than they'd allow. Raseo provoked his former Phantom - his Cinderella Man - with a challenging stare. "Foolish boy," he said, "I'm disappointed. I gave you freedom and this is what you do..." At the sound of his words, Raseo oriented Hunter and the Guardians of Light to a suspended platform. A divine maiden with soulless eyes of turquoise and ebony silk for hair, thrashed only by what had placed her in shackles, rested against the length of her exposed thighs; her back remained poised despite the heavy chains that bound and chilled her wrists and ankles. Equally royal was her simple yet gracious costume, an ivory robe, torn at above knee-level, that cupped her form in all its glory.

Seya.

Hunter quickly understood that they had to rescue the Goddess of the Everlasting Light but to get to her they first had to go through Raseo - a noble but impossible task. In a matter of seconds, Hunter and Milly caught up with the speeding vehicle. Milly stepped forward and smirked, her gaze specifically directed at Michel as she raised her hand, ready to strike. When it appeared she'd betray the group, Milly suggested what would surely be the end of her. It was her last shot at redemption, not that she could ever atone. How could she?

"I volunteer," she said, eerily calm. If her physical body was transparent like glass, they would see how terrified she was to die but she remained committed. "I'll buy you all enough time to get to her but you must leave this world immediately..." She walked up to Michel, handed him an orb and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek before charging Raseo. She left him with a personal gaze that exposed all of her vulnerabilities, her sorrowful stare pleaded for a second chance to set things right.

Hunter nodded, even he knew they had no chance against the harbinger of destruction - yet. He unbound the cloth wrappings that kept his forearms hidden and exposed the scriptures marked on his flesh. The ominous tattoos crackled with energy and soon his entire body was embraced in a red aura. The humanoids had multiplied tenfold and then another threat emerged at Raseo's summon; a giant clay figure, faceless and malleable to take on any form it willed, emerged from the earth gash. " ... I'll take right!" He yelled before colliding with a mass of humanoid creatures.

Last edited by Black War Dragon; 24th June 2013 at 7:22 AM.

Stella Gold

Milldred and Hunter arrived to there current location. "I hope you've all regained your memories," Hunter said without looking at them, focusing only on the deserted streets ahead, " ... If not, I'm afraid you'll be entirely useless ..." Hunter turned to Stella as he said the last bit.

"Excuse me? What did you just call me!" Now that she knew she could, Stella had half a mind to stab that brat with a metal spike right then and there. He probably wouldn't be missed if she did. That would leave such a mess though, and she couldn't afford to have her perfectly manicured hands stained with blood. Before Stella could do anything more, the group was attacked by some hideous shadowy monstrosity. Stella wanted to scream at the sight of it, but thankfully Hunter and Mildred were the first to jump into action and hold it off. Good thing too. Stella was relieved she didn't squeal lest she make a fool of herself in public.

The others started to pile into Caroline's vehicle. Before she drove away, the redhead decided to make another unnecessary remark. "Funny how you first think that it's stolen, then turn around and diss it, just because I drive my own damn car. If I need to be fast, then hell, I'll drive fast for all I care! I haven't run over anyone for the three years I've been driving after all. Your chauffeur? He drives like a pussy." She shot back, then got into her convertible and drove off before Stella could answer. Leaving herself and Michel behind.

Stella just rolled her eyes in disgust. She did not care what this woman thought of her. Her opinions didn't matter, Stella was light years above her. "Hmph, well good riddance then!"

As Stella was about to leave this situation behind, Michel spoke and decided to do something she was not prepared for. “Sorry, princess,” Michel started as he ran up to Stella and gave her a curt mock bow. “No princes on white horses or limos with jacuzzis today. We’re in a bit of a hurry here, so you just got temporarily placed in second class. Your driver today will be" He grinned, bending and lifting her up bridal style. “-me,” he finished, kicking himself off the ground and running after the car.

"What do you think you're doing?! Put me down you clod!" She would've slapped him again, he held on rather tightly. Besides trying to do that at this speed was just impossible, and would've resulted in her hitting the floor in a painful fashion.

Fortunately, they weren't running for very long. The world was suddenly enveloped by dark clouds. An red eyed figure clad in armor wrapped in a long flowing cape appeared from the darkness. He seemed serious, but in Stella's mind he just looked like another cheap boss in some poorly made video game. He tried his hardest to look intimidating, but these guys have a tendency to talk endlessly, it just ruins what they were trying to go for. This case was no different He then revealed an Elegant looking woman bound by chains. Judging by the looks on everyone's face, the group had to rescue this woman. Oh this really was like a video game. Bad save the princess cliches and all.

The others started to talk amongst themselves, but that didn't really concern Stella. She took this opportunity to get out of Michel's grip before he got any more clever ideas. "You are going to pay once all this is over."

Then, the mysterious man summoned a giant clay creature, along with many humanoid type creatures. Stella smirked, finally something she could vent her frustrations on. And of course, Hunter just went right into the mass of monsters. Stella rolled her eyes. "Ugh, typical Boys..." She muttered to herself. They always have to be the hero.

She calmly walked up to the mass of humanoids, and stuck her hand out. At her command, few metal spikes appeared from the ground, and impaled some of these things to their death. Stella was quite satisfied with what she had done, but those guys sure weren't so impressed. They turned their attention towards Stella, and charged an attack. She pulled her shield out, and held it in front of her. Much to her surprise, the weapon suddenly grew to several times it's original size. Giving her protection from the front, and allowing her to hide behind it.

She then turned towards the others. "I'll hold these brutes off. The rest of you...go do something, I guess..."

After hearing the loud noise of many things colliding into metal, she turned her attention back to the task at hand. She poked her out from behind her now large shield and taunted the humanoid creatures. "Oh is that all? If that's all you got, then I'm going to be bored. I've seen better monsters in My Little Pony." Then summoned more slabs of metal to hurt more of those things.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 22nd June 2013 at 10:53 PM.

Michel Lefčbvre
    Earth II

Michel was really glad his grip seemed to be doing its job in keeping the girl still, for both her sake and his own. Running was much easier when you didn’t have to worry for your life. As he’d come to expect however, Stella was definitely anything but pleased by this particular method of transport. Which was a real wonder, really, because didn’t every girl fantasize about being rescued and scooped up into a guy’s arms at least once in their lifetime? It must’ve been the lack of a princely enough outfit. Or maybe the sunglasses ruined the mood. Ah well.

Just then, probably not even a second after Stella had insulted him, dark clouds swallowed up the skies above and… something descended from the skies as if conjured by her anger. Michel cocked his brows at the sight, whistling a tune of disbelief as he witnessed the man’s descend from the darkened skies, gravity-defying cape flowing in the wind and all.

“Woaaaah, holy crap, Stelstel!” Michel immediately gasped, impressed. He gave Stella a glance and a grin, nodding his head towards the abomination above. “Remind me not to piss you off for real. The next I know you’ll summon Satan on me.”

The ground tore under the monster’s mighty swing, and Michel almost stumbled upon his own feet as he tried to keep his balance in the inevitable earthquake that followed. The ground was shattering and it became quite obvious that he’d either have to give up the jokes or his life, and after some contemplation he decided to sacrifice the former. So, lowering his head and bettering his posture, he was just about to continue his run through the rubble when he suddenly realized he was all of a sudden speeding on a suspended platform, well on his way to running past the edge. He immediately hit the figurative brakes and stopped, Stella immediately seizing the opportunity to break herself free. Michel didn’t bother trying to snatch her back; it was pretty obvious that their plan of going to Arcadia for the final beacon would need to change anyway, and it would need to change yesterday – especially since they had apparently found Seya, who was once again in desperate need of rescuing. Aw, crap. That probably meant running away wasn’t an option.

Well, at least he had caught up with the car; better in a group than alone. Not that... being in a group probably helped against the Big Bad Baddie they were faced with though. If he could split the Earth in two, what chance did they have to stay in one piece? One blow and it’d be over. No amount of teamwork or resolve was going to get them through the day. He was pretty sure everyone knew this, because none of them acted.

Well, none but Milly; she turned to look at the group with a smirk, and Michel felt his stomach grow cold when she raised her hand. She was looking at him too. Oooh crap. Suddenly, he wanted Stella back. Her punches and punishments didn’t hurt quite as much. Well, probably best to just take this like a man, he did kinda deserve it, after all. So he braced himself.

The blow he was waiting for never came, however. In its place, he got two small words out of her, ones he’d never expected to hear coming from her mouth in any context, let alone this one. “I volunteer” was what she said, and when the meaning of those words dawned on Michel, he couldn’t help but be taken aback. Wait, what? Volunteer as in… go-up-there-and-risk-to-get-squashed-volunteer? Why? How, why would she-

"I'll buy you all enough time to get to her but you must leave this world immediately...”

“Hey, now, we can’t jus-,“ Michel began, but each and every word he could have continued with got swallowed back as Milly walked up to him, handed him an orb and, before he could so much as inquire what the sphere was, kissed him on the cheek. Michel’s sunglasses almost fell off. He’d expected a slap or a rant or… well, some sort of interaction, yes, but this was… unexpected. It was nice though. Her lips were warm, even if he could have sworn they trembled. Wait, was she… afraid?

Her lips parted from his cheek and just a second before she turned to charge at the big bad boss, Michel’s gaze happened to meet with hers. Time froze for one fleeting moment as he just stood and stared back into her usually confident eyes that were now so full of regret and sorrow it made him flinch, unable to react with anything else than shock. And then, when Michel finally managed to find his voice and will to actually speak and move to reach out for her, she was already gone, far past the reach of his fingertips and probably his voice as well. Her back grew more and more distant every second as she sped towards certain doom, and there was nothing he could do now. He’d let her go. He hadn’t stopped her when he had the chance. He felt like an idiot, of course she was afraid. She was human just like them, and now she was-

This is why caring sucked.

Well, fine. He wasn't giving up.

“Heeey, geez, at least give a guy a chance to kiss back before you take off, will you?” Michel crumbled with a pout, grabbing his glasses and stuffing them in his front pocket. He wanted at least them to get through this in one piece, if possible. Then, grabbing a better hold of the orb he was trusted with he kicked himself off the ground once more and sped after her. She was still some distance away but Michel had trust in his boots. If they had been able to keep up with a speeding car, then surely a chick dashing into doom shouldn’t prove too much for them either. And, much to his joy, right he was; in a moment he was already an arm’s reach away, able to extend his hand and grab the girl’s wrist. He took a step backwards and pulled her with him, slightly out of breath. He wasn’t sure if he’d ever accelerated that fast before. His ankles were killing him.

“Okay, okay, now I know kissing me can drive a girl crazy, but aren’t you going a bit too far?” He gasped, holding onto her forearm with his free hand now. “What are you trying to do? If you want my attention you got it from the get-go, no need for these crazy stunts.”
    Last edited by GoldenHouou; 25th June 2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: typo 8I
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

Diego Vendrix
    The Beacon in Zuri

The dark, crimson-eyed Avatar, armored beyond blemish and wrapped around a cape that moved to its own will against any logic, stood levitated midair as his eye's scrutinized the battlefield below his feet. Raseo lashed his cape with a swing so utterly devastating it gashed a tear to the ground beyond sight, a few of which would be enough to incinerate an entire planet. "How I pity thee..." He rapped. The resonance of his voice echoed through to the deepest corners of the fictional Earth.

"Raseo..." Diego said as he tightened the hold on his staff and glared at the avatar of evil.

At the sound of his words, Raseo oriented Hunter and the Guardians of Light to a suspended platform. A divine maiden with soulless eyes of turquoise and ebony, silk for hair, thrashed only by what had placed her in shackles, rested against the length of her exposed thighs; her back remained poised despite the heavy chains that bound and chilled her wrists and ankles. Equally royal was her simple yet gracious costume, an ivory robe, torn at above knee-level, that cupped her form in all its glory.

Seya.

Hunter quickly understood that they had to rescue the Goddess of the Everlasting Light but to get to her they first had to go through Raseo - a noble but impossible task. In a matter of seconds, Hunter and Milly caught up with the speeding vehicle. Milly stepped forward and smirked, her gaze specifically directed at Michel as she raised her hand, ready to strike. When it appeared she'd betray the group, Milly suggested what would surely be the end of her. It was her last shot at redemption, not that she could ever atone. How could she?

"I volunteer," she said, eerily calm. If her physical body was transparent like glass, they would see how terrified she was to die but she remained committed. "I'll buy you all enough time to get to her but you must leave this world immediately..." She walked up to Michel, handed him an orb and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek before charging Raseo. She left him with a personal gaze that exposed all of her vulnerabilities, her sorrowful stare pleaded for a second chance to set things right.

Diego saw everyone begin moving to their own actions. Diego took a breath. He looked at the Water Staff and sighed. Enough was enough. He needed to try and end this.

Or die trying.

He looked to see Michel rescue Milly.

"EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!"

Diego yelled to get the attention of his comrades. He was speaking loudly and clearly so they would hear. They didn't have to face him.

"I'm gonna distract Raseo. There is a very high chance I will die from this. So this will be the final time I speak to all of you.

Michel... when I first met ya, I didn't think you were someone special. You were a handsome lech. You cared more about the girls than the mission. As I thought about it, I realized it. You don;t get close to people. Michel... caring about people is our strength. it's why we triumph over idiots like Raseo. So don;t give up on peop,e don't give on yourself and open up."

He turned to Stella. "You're the new girl. What you're in, is much bigger than yourself. These guys.. they will be the only peple you will be with for a while. Get to know them, care for them. It's all right to be afraid, but you gotta drill past that."

"Hunter... we got along pretyt fine when I met ya in the diner. You will do great things. Whatever sins you committed, atone for them and forgive yourself. Move forward. Do good with your life. Allow yourself to be happy. You can do it.

You too, Milly. I forgive you two.

Oh and Hunter, take care of Caroline."

He turned to Caroline. "Caroline, thanks for being like a sister to me. You're a good person and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise," Diego said as he went to hug her. He then faced Zuri.

He couldn't find the words.

But actions spoke louder.

He pulled Zuri for an intense and emotion-filled kiss. He expressed every ounce of affection he could for her in this affectionate moment. It seemed like a lasted forever and an instant at the same time. When they finall parted, Diego stroked Zuri's cheek slowly as tears rolled down his eyes as he looked at her.

He then hugged her before he ran off to face Raseo.

He began channeling as much energy into his staff as he lifted it into the air.

"I don't fear you, Raseo. You think we will lose to the likes of you?! We won;t... you will never win... I don't know what the hell you want... but I pity you... Why should we have pity... We have important things... camaderie, friendship, love, courage, so much more..." Diego said as each word caused his magic to focue. He then force it out of his staff arm.

So much water appeared that blood also appeared from Diego's arm.

"JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU WE ARE?!"

The maelstrom of water form a massive swirling drill.

"GRAND MAELSTROM GIGA DRILL BREEEEAAAAAAKKKK!!!"

Diego shouted as he coughed up blood and ran across the platform before he was enveloped in the water. THe massive water drill charged at Raseo, not giving up. It kept going at it, Diego have only seconds to send a water slice at Seya;s chains before sending her to the others through a small wave. Diegos eyes became red from blood as he felt life leave him.

He kept charging, his eyes fillled wih defiante to the avatar of darkness to the very end.
    Last edited by DVB; 2nd July 2013 at 3:50 AM.

OOC: I have so much to post and reply to (especially with DVB's post) that I'm not gonna even bother recapping.
    IC:

Zuri
    Wielder of the Blue Flame Tiger Bow
    Mysterious Platform, vs. Raseo

Before Zuri knew it, and before the Guardians could reach the Arcadia beacon, they found themselves face-to-face with Raseo. The Dark Lord had arrived. The one who had summoned the minotaur that was Zuri's introduction to this entire quest from the very beginning. And the Guardians were trapped. Suspended on a platform, with a captive Seya nearby. Well, they found her at last, but definitely not in the best of circumstances.

Raseo summoned more of those dark shadow figures that came pouring out of the buildings earlier, and Hunter instantly decided he would take them on. A good chunk of them, in fact. Zuri smiled and shook her head. Typical Hunter, always dashing off toward a fight with the strongest of foes. And then there was Milly, who was not as evil as she remembered her being, much to her relief. In fact, right now she was planning to hold Raseo off so that the Guardians would have time to free Seya. Interesting. She really was committed to protecting them after all! Still, Michel was not too fond of the idea of Milly sacrificing herself to save the rest of them, so he grabbed her before it was too late. At this, Zuri pondered...

And then Diego planned to do the exact same thing. It was obvious. He even said farewells to all the Guardians... except Zuri, that is.

He didn't need to say anything. When they kissed, Zuri wanted nothing more than to just have silence between them. Her eyes closed... and she entered him, like a ghost passing through one's body. Or at least that's what it felt like. And all around them, the world had vanished, leaving the most refreshing silence. Instead, they were standing in an ancient chamber, filled with a soft yet brilliant light. The chamber extended as far as the senses could tell, but with white stone pillars interspersed throughout. Nobody could tell where they began or ended, and nobody cared. But they were singing. It was silent, but yet they were singing, an ethereal melody that defined sound, and yet invoked a sort of emotion that lifted the spirits above the highest heaven.

He knew her. And she knew him. And they both understood the melody that resonated throughout this space. And Zuri knew this space. And so did Diego, as she could tell just by looking at him. They both knew. They were one, united in this light, this melody, within the hidden walls of this temple. They felt neither happy, nor sad. They both looked down, and realised that they were standing on a yin-yang symbol carved into the floor. How appropriate. They were a duality, blended together and united in this world--and all worlds.

When their lips parted and the real world resumed, Zuri was left just standing there, gazing at him as he started gathering energy into his staff. The melody that had played in the "Temple of True Love" was still echoing inside her head, and she was only partially focused on what was going on. But by the time he had finished gathering energy and appeared to injure himself in the process, Zuri remembered that he was about to prepare an attack on Raseo. He launched it, and started running at it...

Zuri jumped in surprise. He really was doing it. And she couldn't run fast enough to stop him--not to mention she didn't have Michel's boots.

"Diego! STOP!" she yelled. It was the loudest she had ever yelled, and her voice came out a bit raspy as a result.

But Diego wasn't stopping. Perhaps he didn't even hear her, since he had just entered his drill and started charging with it. Ugh, if only there was a way she could be fast enough to catch him...

Well, in a way there was. The instant she thought of it, she stopped trying to run after him, and instead took out a blue flame arrow. As she drew it back across her bow, the flame flickered up and grew in size, burning an even brighter blue than before.

We are a duality, blended together and united in this world--and all worlds.

And she launched the arrow, having no time to charge it with more of her own energy beforehand. But this would certainly do--it shot right through Diego's water drill, flying just over Diego and touching the tip. ...Wait, that was not what she intended.

What? she thought. I wanted the arrow to hit him, to heal him, like it did when DX came out that one time... She lowered her bow and put it away. Perhaps destiny had other plans...

When the attack was finished, Diego lay in front of Raseo, lying in a pool of water and his own blood. Now that he was not moving and Raseo had just been hit, Zuri had the time to run over to him. She had not even seen Seya being freed.

The instant she got over to him, she knew he was dead. She could sense it. She felt that same feeling she had felt when she was three years old, upon discovering her parents lying motionless under that blanket in their seance room. A quickening sense of fear, a tinge of nervousness, a definite feeling that something was not right. But just to keep with tradition, she reached down and touched his exposed neck... cold to the touch, just like before. And soon after, the same wave of confusion and worry that overwhelmed her once before...

But she didn't feel it quite as strongly this time. Perhaps it was because she was older now, and knew all about what death meant and entailed...

That didn't stop her from squatting there next to him in shock, not really able to move herself. Another feeling had overcome her. Or maybe it wasn't a feeling at all. More like a sense of dread, a shadow once again surfacing in her mind. It was the curse of her past, once again coming back to haunt her. Once again she had lost someone she loved dearly. Once again, that loss was very sudden, with the person being perfectly fine beforehand. And once again, her life was about to change completely because of it.

She thought of what that life might be, faintly... Sticking with the Guardians, joining them in another quest to save the universe from some untold evil... which was also something she had already done before. And the world as she knew it would probably be destroyed again... and later come back? Maybe?

But something was different. This time, she knew exactly how and why Diego had died. Had her parents made a similar sacrifice? Perhaps... Hmm... She didn't quite know what, but something clicked in her mind just then. A lot of thoughts came to her, and yet none of them were definite. A sort of realization had come to her... yet it was fleeting, like trying to remember a dream.

Suddenly, she knew exactly what to do next. First, she reached over to Diego's face, gently removing his glasses and sticking them in her bag. Then she stood up and looked around...

The first thing she saw was that Seya was no longer bound in shackles. A stream of water led from the shackles to where the Guardians were, and there was Seya, lying there on the ground nearby, just starting to get up.

Ah, how convenient. Zuri had something to ask her, so she walked over to her right then.

"Seya! First of all, I'm glad you are all right. Second..." and here she looked all around the platform they were all on, "what will become of this world as we know it? Will it be destroyed like last time? I ask this because... there is something I must do here before moving on to other worlds. Something I need to take care of at my parents' house before going any further in this quest..." Her voice shook a little as she spoke, still somewhat shocked by Diego's sudden death. "...Is there any way I might still be able to go there?"

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Caroline McNamara

Everything started to grow dark as Carly drove on. The clouds took on an ominous look and moments after, an ominous figure descended. Hooded, with blood-red eyes, the figure was definitely not good news for Carly. She swiftly got out of her car and took her scythe with her, looking up as the figure confronted Hunter. Suddenly, the group was shown a platform where an oddly familiar figure was chained. Long, black hair, aquamarine eyes, a pale complexion. Seya...it definitely was her! The hooded figure was in the way, however. If only she could get through him...

Hunter was starting to unwrap his bandages, revealing intricate tattoos on his arms, which emanated electricity. Humanoid figures started to multiply and from the ground emerged a giant being, seemingly made out of clay. It didn't move very quickly, but when it did, the ground beneath Carly shook, making her hover instinctively. The wind whistled in her ears, calling to her. Milly had volunteered to handle things, as long as they left immediately. She handed Michel an orb before kissing him. Of course the purple-haired boy wasn't going to give up so easily, chasing her as he protested, while Stella summoned up metal spikes from the ground and started to attack the barrage of humanoids with Hunter. Carly looked to the platform, only to be interrupted by Diego's voice. He announced that he was going to distract Raseo, before proceeding to say his goodbyes to everyone. Carly shook her head, wondering what her friend was thinking, before she felt a pair of arms hugging her.

"Caroline, thanks for being like a sister to me. You're a good person and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise." He told her. Carly returned the hug, as tightly as she could.

"I promise, Diego. No more crying...I'll take care of them." She told him, putting on a brave face, before releasing him. She saw him kiss Zuri one last time, before facing Raseo himself. He summoned up a water drill and confronted his foe. Zuri shot a fiery arrow, perhaps to help him. The flames collided with the water, and once everything cleared, Diego was lying on the ground. Is there...a chance? Carly looked over to see the young man unmoving, unbreathing, despite Zuri touching him. The redhead remembered Diego's words, how she shouldn't blame herself all the time. She lingered, thinking, before accepting what he had said. Diego was right, now was the time to stand strong, not sit around and mope. Between Raseo and the earthen monster...her friends also needed her, and being another wreck...well, would only lead to potentially more deaths that she herself would really be responsible for.

She saw Zuri go over to Seya, who was now unbound, and decided to focus herself on the larger foe. Hunter and Stella were occupied, Michel was busy. Holding her scythe up at the sky, she summoned down four dark tornadoes, allowing them to surround her as they revolved around her. Flying forward, she slashed at the monster quickly. The four twisters continued to revolve, attacking the monster one at a time as Carly kept up her assault.

Hunter
    Wielder of the Red Lightning/Dark Lance
    Earth II

The red-lightning wielder traded blows left and right. The dark prince shuffled skillfully, whipped his lance from its case, and pierced. He thrust out his dark lance with his hand tightly clenched around the black-steel handle and drilled the nearest humanoid in the chest. Hunter quickly pulled out his weapon, black liquid gushing out of the puncture, and swung backwards to cut in half yet another. He found himself back-to-back with Stella. "You've little to no coordination," he said, "at this rate you'll be killed." Before he could give her a chance to reply, Hunter back-flipped over her, shot her a quick glance and charged her shield with a tap before sprinting away.

Milly was stopped in her tracks by an abrupt tug. It was Michel. He had taken her bait. She burst into his arms and dug her face into his chest. "Michel, I was so scared, I didn't want to do this but... but..." she cried uncontrollably, almost sarcastically and then her demeanor flipped. "But you make it so easy..." she whispered into his ear, her tongue flicking his neck. She retracted the knife from his back. "Oh so easy..." She smirked before bolting away and disappearing once more.

Diego's powerful water drill split before it could impact the Lorde of Darkness. An invisible, impenetrable shield protected him. Then the oddest thing happened. Raseo's image seemed to blink. Hunter quickly took notice, his gaze set on the Dark Avatar after having traced Diego's attack. Something wasn't right and Hunter knew it.

A gentle stream of water lead Seya to safety. The Blue Flame Guardian wasted no seconds trying to reach through but Seya remained motionless. She lifted her gaze but her eyes faltered. Just when they thought Seya was completely gone, her lips jerked upward. "...Zuri, don't you see? This world was never alive... Everything is an illusion." There was an evident break in her tone, a slight knot wrapped around her throat that prevented her from speaking coherently. "I'm so sorry, Zuri," she said, her eyes dropping to the cold ground,"everyone is dead..." Hunter bolted to the scene; he stood next to Zuri as she questioned Seya. "Tell me witch, that man up there... Who is that?" He referred to the image of Raseo. It troubled Hunter that he had shown but not as much as the apathy in his form. This entire planet would've been destroyed before Raseo even touched the atmosphere. It just didn't add up. Seya's gaze remained glued to the ground, from the edge of her vision she could see Hunter's and Zuri's feet. "...It isn't real, it's dark magic... It's only an illusion..." she revealed. Hunter stepped to Diego's corpse. "...His death... was it all in vain?" Hunter asked, the tone of his voice no warmer than his expression. A tear eased its way down Seya's left cheek, she was at a loss for words. It took her a second but managed to regain her composure. "Nothing is in vain, Hunter..." The unlikely ally contemplated, he looked up at the world around him, everything was reduced to dark sludge. There was no trace of anything anymore just dark matter and a few humanoids remaining. "... Witch, was it Mildred?" He asked. Seya simply nodded in response. Hunter crouched, closed Diego's eyes with the tip of his index and ring fingers and bolted away. He couldn't do anything for those who had passed but he could still fight for those alive. Caroline, he thought.

Hunter quickly arrived on scene. He positioned himself on Carly's right, far enough to avoid her tornadoes but well within vocal range. "Caroline. I apologize but I will not allow you to go into battle without my aid." He wasn't sure why he felt so inclined to go out of his way for her but he just did. Something about her was different, he could see from the moment he laid eyes on her. Back when he was on the other side of the war. That day she braved him and defied him. She wasn't afraid. He remembered how he pulled her against him and made it clear not to touch him. But now...? Hunter gripped his right forearm with his left hand and charged incredible amount of power. His eyes glowed red and cracked. The air around him snapped and crackled. Second later, Hunter torpedoed right at the clay monster, the impulse so powerful it cratered a hole in the ground as he darted forward. With colossal force, Hunter violently smashed his fist into the creatures face only to go right through the beast like knife does through butter. No immediate effect. It took the former Phantom a second to realize that as he had gone right through, the monster had managed to latch on to his leg with a noodle of clay. The monster whipped Hunter around before slamming him repeatedly against the ground. Despite managing to absorb the first few blows with his lance, the last few slams were direct hits. The clay beast hurled Hunter across some couple hundred yards.

Hunter stood up and shook the blood from his forehead. Just then the entire world blinked like if someone had flipped the switch. Hunter looked up only to see that Raseo or rather his image was no longer there. The magic... must've worn off... he thought. But they still had the humanoids, the clay monster and more importantly Milly to take care of. Problem was Milly was nowhere to be seen. Hunter gripped his dark lance and walked toward the enemy with the darkest intent.

Caroline McNamara

"Caroline. I apologize but I will not allow you to go into battle without my aid." Carly heard Hunter's voice amidst the howling gales that surrounded her. She couldn't answer, not when she had to hold off the monster. She wanted to shake her head, say that she could watch over herself and handle holding the monster off for the meantime. She was twenty-one years old, hardly the girl she used to be more than ten years ago.

Flashes of red lightning told her that Hunter wasted no time. He was impulsive...fearless, just like she knew he was. He charged at the colossal monster, electricity crackling while he did, and barreled into it. Hunter's strength managed to bust the ground, but smashing his fists into the monster seemingly did nothing. The monster had gotten ahold of the young man's leg and started slamming him repeatedly on the ground, reminding Carly of an oddly familiar scene from a film she had watched rather recently. She had to distract the monster, quickly. She allowed herself to absorb the twisters before landing on the ground. She looked back at Hunter, who already was getting up, a dark look on his face. He definitely meant business, and was not going to allow himself to fall once again. She gave Hunter a small wink and a smirk before charging at the clay monster, allowing gusts to surround her scythe alone.

Lifting herself off the ground once again, she stabbed at the monster's featureless face. Unfortunately, her barrage of attacks was doing little to help. The monster reached out and tried to grab at her, prompting her to stick out her tongue and dart behind his head. The clay golem was faster than it seemed however, and turned around, swiping at her once again before she was able to attack. She dodged its first move, but the second time, it managed to grab ahold of her. This was Hunter's chance however. Despite being in the monster's grip, she craned her neck over in his direction and smirked once more. The moment was fleeting however, as within a few seconds, the monster tightened its grip before throwing her down and pinning her with its large clay foot. Carly struggled, trying to get back up, which only resulted in the monster pressing down harder.

Zuri didn't get the answer she expected. What Seya instead told her was something very different. Hauntingly different. So that was it. All the world was a lie. Zuri remembered how the Guardians had all exited through that portal at the end of the bridge... was the world destroyed around them? She kept this image in her mind for a while... but it was hard. Her mind was all a blur, her entire body shaking, tears streaming out of her eyes, all in shock after Diego met his final fate.

But there was one thing she knew. Wiping tears out of her eyes, she spoke to Seya. Whether Seya actually heard her or not did not matter; it was as if she was speaking to the world itself, what was left of its already fleeting existence anyway.

"In a way you are right," she spoke with both serenity and certainty, gazing off to the hazy dark space that the world around them had become. "All existence as we know it is a void. Yet, within that void, there exist worlds, all formed by the perceptions of the souls inhabiting it, brought forth by the divine light that exists in harmony with the void." She glanced back at Seya during the last part. "But in a way you are wrong. Though these different planes of existence are mere images in the void, the souls that inhabit them keep those images alive. Our world consists of the blending together of all these images. There is a physical plane that abides by its own rules, but there are other dimensions out there created by the mind and the divine light itself. It is really our perceptions of the world that make the world what it is. And this perception cannot be destroyed. So as long as we know the world exists... it does."

Here she held one of her arrows close to her, a tiny blue flame hovering above its tip.

"When Diego kissed me, I felt it too... another space, where we can always be together, regardless of what happens to us otherwise. There may be perhaps another space where the place where my parents performed their final ritual exists as well. Forsaken though this world is, if we all remember, and if we all believe..."

She glanced around at Seya's other Guardians, and the first thing she saw was Michel slumping over with a knife through his chest. Without thinking another thought, Zuri drew the arrow she had been holding across her bow and shot it, aiming right for the point where the blade made contact. Embedded in the flame was a wish, not only for healing of the wound, but for healing of the world through his memories and his beliefs in the world. Even though on the surface he was just another creep who had the magical ability to see right through her clothes, so it seemed.

Forsaken though this world is...

After she fired the arrow, her arms sank into her lap, her head fell into her hands, and she burst into tears once more, though much harder than before.

OOC: Okay this is messy as hell but aaaa it's too long to rewrite or revise so whatevs.

---

Michel Lefčbvre
    Earth II

As Diego shouted to get everyone’s attention, Michel turned his head just a tad to see what was up. This was not a time for a heroic speech. As the guy went on however, Michel started to slowly understand what he was planning. The way he talked, the way he even grew the balls to kiss his girl, it could only mean he planned not to be here tomorrow. And, before Michel could but open his mouth to tell the dude to think this through more carefully, the staff user had already went and charged towards Raseo. Michel immediately nudged after him to try and stop him like he had done with Milly, but on the last second he remembered he couldn’t; he was still holding Milly. There was no telling what’d happen if he let go. What if she decided to go and sacrifice herself anyway? Michel hesitated, and in that instant Diego had already speeded far past him, this time too far for even him to catch up to with without prior acceleration or built up speed. It didn't take long for Michel to understand what that meant.

He was practically already gone.

Michel grunted in slight frustration, turning Milly to face away from the impact. Wouldn’t do for a chick to witness something like that, he figured. He, himself couldn’t look away, however. He wasn’t sure why, but he felt like watching Diego in his final moments, watching him execute the final attack that had taken his life, would somehow honor his memory, or something. Sounded weird, huh. Ugh, he’d been weirdly sentimental lately. First he went to save someone and now this. He didn’t even know the guy that well. His last words to him were something he remembered though, and probably would remember for a while. ‘Caring about people is our strength’, huh. Any other day, he would have just hand waved it as the guy being hammy again. But not today. Not that he still fully believed him, of course. In his experience, caring only spelled trouble. Unwanted feelings. Sorrow. No thanks.

But then again, hadn’t this… ‘caring’ of his just saved a life? He glanced at Milly. She wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t cared, right? Wasn’t that… kinda cool?

Or then he was just going crazy. He sure didn’t feel cool right now. He felt… weird, as he caught a sight of Diego’s lifeless corpse. He wasn’t sad, because sadness would have required empathy he didn’t possess, but he felt like the guy didn’t have to go and die. That was both a waste and a shame. He didn’t like it, you could say.

“But, well,” he mumbled, half-joking, half-smiling as he watched Zuri rush up to the guy’s body. “Seems you at least got the girl in the end. And before I did, too. You bastard...”

Diego might have gotten the girl alright, but as Michel looked up to see what’d happened to the Dark Lord, it seemed nothing much had changed. Well, except that the monster was now blinking in and out of existence, as if he’d been in one of those old tvs that could never stay on without being kicked every few seconds. It was as if he was an image, a mirage, not an actual, physical being. Huh. Michel blinked at that, turning to Milly to ask if she knew what was up - as she was probably more knowledgeable in all things Dark Lord than he was - only to find her practically throwing herself against his chest. Michel was taken aback, and he had to take a wobbly step backwards to prevent himself from falling over from the surprise and the sudden weight against his upper body. Woah, woah, now he hadn’t expected this. She really had been scared, huh? Michel chuckled, a small, somewhat warm – if amused – smile forming on his lips. Guess every tough chick had their soft side too.

"Michel, I was so scared, I didn't want to do this but... but..."

“Shh, hey, okay, Mich’s here,” he grinned. “And y’know, you’ve got one damn attractive chest to sob against now, okay? ‘s alright.”

He decided to just listen to her sob after that, one hand on top of her head in an attempt to soothe her. He wasn’t that good with words, but he figured at least trying and just being there helped some, right? He’d heard as much before, at the very least. He couldn’t really comfort her any other way, and that made him feel immensely awkward. He had cared enough to come and save her, but despite everything that’d happened, he still couldn’t really... feel for her. No empathy, no sympathy, just a smile and arms wrapped around her, because that much was pretty easy to do. He hadn’t learnt to feel quite that well yet. Still, he did feel a spark of... gratitude? Happiness? He wasn’t sure what it was, but it was a warm sort of feeling, kinda. Like he’d been useful, and like he’d learnt something new. Like he had gotten closer to someone. He had saved Milly after all, and that kinda thing usually made people get closer, yeah? Maybe even close enough to do… stuff, later. Maybe he'd get another kiss.

He grinned at the thought and just as he did, the warm feeling inside suddenly turned into cold horror as he felt pain in his back, piercing every single thought and spreading throughout his body like an electric current. It numbed all sounds all around him and made the next words he heard clear as if he were in an empty room void of any other sounds.

"But you make it so easy..."

Michel’s grin faded slowly as the words and realization of what the pain had been hit him. It was a cold, sinking feeling in his stomach, and it froze every single thought and emotion he’d just managed to bring to surface. It froze his mind and his heart, and he was pretty sure it also froze his arms, because he couldn’t feel his fingers anymore.

But it didn’t freeze the pain.

And then, that emptiness and cold was pierced by something warm against his neck. In any other context it would have made him shudder with anticipation, perhaps grin and turn for more, but now all it did was freeze him even further and send a shiver of terror down his spine.

“Oh so easy..."

“Wh-,” was all Michel managed, each and every thought and emotion he had left poured into those two letters, before his frozen prison was pierced by a new surge of pain from his back as the blade retracted. He must have hit the ground after that, but he didn’t recall it. He didn’t feel the ground underneath him, nor did he feel the blood gushing from his back. His body didn’t have any room for any physical sensation, when his mind and heart were so full of emotions he’d never experienced before. He was shocked to be stabbed, surprised to be in pain, he was sad that it had happened, he was embarrassed that he’d let it happen, angry that she’d do that, hurt that he’d be betrayed and, above anything else, scared to feel so many things at once.

And, although a million questions and reactions raced through his mind, there was only one that he could concentrate on. One sentence he could not stop himself from repeating over and over again in his mind like a broken, bleeding record.

“I knew it.”

“I knew it.”

“I knew feeling could only lead to trouble”

Michel smiled, a bitter, dry smile that didn't represent any of his real feelings at all. He smiled because that’s what he always did when things didn’t go according to plan. He screwed up. He screwed up big time, thinking emotions were worth it. Thinking trusting was worth it. Thinking it’d be a good idea to save someone. To save an enemy.

“I knew it.”

Regret didn’t quite cover what he felt, but the feeling numbed him completely, all the way to his mind, and it ate away all the feelings he'd had previously. It was far beyond regret. Far beyond any word or concept he knew. Not that it mattered what he knew, right? Last he checked, he was bleeding all over the place. Place which he couldn’t even see or feel now. Was he even alive anymore? His chest was still heavy. He probably was alive, yeah. For now, anyway.

Would he stop feeling once he died? How did someone know when they died anyway? Was there an angel dressing you up in a drag? Was there a welcome sign?

Aw crap, his sister would beat him over the head if they ended up in the same place after death.

Was he going crazy? Why was he thinking stuff like that? Why was he thinking at all? He guessed it eased the pain, somewhat. He was pretty sure he was laughing, too. Or was that someone else?

Wait, “someone else?” Ha, like there was anyone else in the world. He didn’t see anyone else, at least. The world was kind of fading from his sight, consumed by a tunnel of darkness.

Yup, nobody else out there alright.

Just him.

And he was feeling kind of cold.

And then a gasp tore its way out of his throat and forced open his eyes as an arrow pierced his body.

His first instinct was to think someone’d assaulted him again. Someone’d betrayed him again. But then, he started to feel warm. It felt kind of nice, like he had been on fire, but in a nice way. If… there was a nice way to be on fire, anyway. He didn’t know. He’d never had that happen before. But he felt like he had strength again, and the laughter died down. He could feel cold ground underneath his bare chest, and his fingers moved when he willed them to. He knew, because they scraped against stones on the ground. Ow.

Michel gasped again, this time his eyes opening in full. He was lying on his stomach, gasping for breath and coughing up blood, but at least he was here. He was alive. He was shaking, trembling from toe to head, and his attempt to stand up quickly ended up in him falling back on the ground but damn it, he was there. Alive. Conscious, if barely. He had lost a lot of blood – as evidenced by the pool underneath him and the feeling of emptiness in his head, but as far as he knew, he wasn’t bleeding that badly anymore. Maybe. He didn’t dare look.

His heart was racing in an attempt to make up for the lost blood, and his mind was too tired to form a coherent thought, but at least he was alive and breathing, if weak and about to lose consciousness with every sudden move he took. Someone had saved him. Zuri? Probably. Man, he'd kiss the hell out of her afterwards for this. Much as he suffered, he didn't want to die. He just... didn't want to feel. And he didn't - not a thing. He wasn't grateful to be alive, nor was he happy. He just was. He'd kiss Zuri as thanks because that's how stuff worked when you were saved. Nothing more. Probably. He wasn't sure. He was still dizzy. But alive.

Well, alive for now, at least; seemed like one of the humanoids wanted to pay him a little visit.

Oh. Well.

Shit.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | TSoAM | CotVK|

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast