Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands - Sovereignty competition between two largest Asian countries

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Well, I saw my first question was not worth much discussion value, so one may forget it.
    But rather, I concern more on my second question.

Currently, this issue seems to getting more serious. Ships from Taiwan now sails to the seas near the island, and warned by the naval ship of Japan.
    The diplomatic relationship between China + Taiwan and Japan is now getting very tense, a murderous atmosphere is flowing in the coastal area near that island.

What do you think what will happen the next?
    Nothing. Full stop. I'm sure the tension will die down eventually, and even if the Chinese have been pretty aggressive towards the Japanese, I'm sure that they're not stupid or angry enough to start a war or something. Either that, or China stops exporting a major resource not available in Japan to Japan in retaliation, though I doubt this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    There might be, but I'm not getting my hopes that far up just yet. There also might not be. I'm not gonna ready the bomb shelters until it actually happens, personally.
    Chill your paranoia.
    I agree, let's ignore the clear signals of a future war and lets just enthrall ourselves to the distractions of bread and circuses. Or 'issues' such as the gay marriage debate (sic) or how 'ur soshallust gubermit is rueenon ur freedomz'. Or lets worry over the vastly exaggerated coverage of acts of 'terrorism'.
    Define "America." I know a lot of the population sure as hell isn't,
    Your bourgeoisie elites, the ones who rule over the artificial and illusory nation that is on the pieces of land called 'America'. The same people who write your laws, exploit the populace and sit on the top of the socio-economic pyramid of capitalism.

and it also depends on who gets elected.
    http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...08/800/9fb.jpg

Rival? Are you shitting me? Even if they wanted to kick them to the curb like that, America still owes China big time; they're the ones who helped bail us out a couple billion, and we really can't do much to them even if we wanted to, just because we've got that debt hanging over our heads in more than just a literal way.
    China only holds $1.16 trillion of your $14 trillion plus of your total federal government debt. At any rate, do you truly think that some pieces of paper and numbers on a computer screen will stop aircraft carriers and/or ICBMs? As for the rival part, of course it's true. Mostly. The American elite has done well from out-sourcing and expanding the range of the global population to exploitation. But the Chinese and American elites compete for markets, influence, military alliances, technological gain and other such areas.

As a bonus, close economic ties didn't stop the British and German imperialists from engaging in the ravenous conflagration of the first 'world' war. Europe enjoyed continent-wide trade before their war, didn't stop what happened. Germany was heavily indebted before the second 'world' war and that didn't stop Nazi aggression.
    And do you think that unto such as you;
    A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
    God gave the secret, and denied it me?--
    Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too.
    ~Omar al-Khayyām, poet of Persia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyula View Post
    ^ The elites of the US will milk this for all its worth. Doubtless we will hear demagogic, sanctimonious moralising from American politicians about this issue. The Chinese elites will play their usual 6-year old child style diplomacy.

You deny that there is going to be another world war? Do you deny that America is looking for another war? The rising tensions about these islands and the South China sea and Tibet are the seeds the American Empire has sown in order to give it's elites the excuse they need to try and pwn their rival before China grows to strong. America is trying to surround China and cause as much problems for it as possible.
    I have to agree with you Nyula. I think the global elite are planning a World War Free-for-all, and guess what: politicians and the elite won't be sending their kids to these wars, we will. The American Empire is desperate as people are beginning to turn on them. I don't want to see a war between China and Japan at all as it will cost lives, not just in China and Japan, but Korea and Taiwan as well. This could turn into a regional war, which I am very concerned about.

I think personally that China has only started to care about these islands because they have resources. What would China do if there was no resources? Nothing, they would basically say "you can have them Japan". At the end of the day, it's all about the resources.
    Indigohex is a retired fifty-three star surgeon-general who wishes that you be careful for what you wish for in "Corrupt a Wish", because your wish WILL get corrupted. He wished that "Celebrity Splash" would get cancelled, and now a second season of Brynne: My Bedazzled Life will be on TV. The views reflected in the posts above and below this post does not necessarily reflect the views of Serebii.net, its owners or shareholders.

Indigohex: Serebii.net Forums' Voice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12