Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 118 of 118

Thread: Community POTW #90

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingTorterraXIV View Post
    Imagine if Salamence got U-turn...it would be god
    Or Garchomp.

    Oh wow, or Latios. Imagine U-turning out of Tyranitar, Blissey, Scizor, etc.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I think that is a better way of boosting offenses than charge beam cause charge beam is:
    1. unreliable
    2. weak
    3. electric attack- ground,volt absorb,motor drive and lightningrod pokemon are immune.

    It is good against Stall in general so it might be good of course counters and checks need to be KOed before you decide to set up.. it can be with life orb and mixed attacking EVs.
    Yahyahyah...i got the whole, charge beam sucks, ordeal already...i didn't ask for a comparison....all i wanted was an opinion on work up...

    I think that work up could be used for boosting one stat instead of both, and i agree that speed is a major issue, but hydreigon's weaknesses aren't what set it apart from the other dragons...it's got enough speed to outspeed stall based teams, and the bulk/movepool to take a few hits...there's no comparison between it and other dragons...hydreigon was fashioned to be different than the rest...sure you can slap a choice item on and call it a day, but i think that hydreigon has a wide enough movepool that the ability to switch to an auxillary attack is just way more beneficial...well, that's my two cents

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    Yahyahyah...i got the whole, charge beam sucks, ordeal already...i didn't ask for a comparison....all i wanted was an opinion on work up...

    I think that work up could be used for boosting one stat instead of both, and i agree that speed is a major issue, but hydreigon's weaknesses aren't what set it apart from the other dragons...it's got enough speed to outspeed stall based teams, and the bulk/movepool to take a few hits...there's no comparison between it and other dragons...hydreigon was fashioned to be different than the rest...sure you can slap a choice item on and call it a day, but i think that hydreigon has a wide enough movepool that the ability to switch to an auxillary attack is just way more beneficial...well, that's my two cents
    Who said hydreigon is only good for choice? I started using the set jesus freak posted and it work wonders people don't see the superpower coming to smash their precious blisseys and heatrans..


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a brush chilling with Garen
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Who said hydreigon is only good for choice? I started using the set jesus freak posted and it work wonders people don't see the superpower coming to smash their precious blisseys and heatrans..
    I love E. Belt Hydre, cause it destroys alot of things, when you think it's like locked into like Fire Blast or something.

    I think cause alot of people see Hydra as only beign good for choice, is cause of the fix in speed, or the monstrous power of Choice Specs
    ayd22: what's it like to use broken items to make up for lackluster skills
    ayd22: yeah your playing great right not
    ayd22: rethink your strategy
    Togoro: get styled upon
    The Pokemon Showdown Little Cup Ladder

    I do nothing anymore. Oops
    PASBL

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Who said hydreigon is only good for choice? I started using the set jesus freak posted and it work wonders people don't see the superpower coming to smash their precious blisseys and heatrans..
    Choice sets are something that just seem too easy to slap together, and thus i despise such things...i prefer the expert belt too, especially with hydreigon's massive coverage

  6. #106

    Default

    I don't know too much about Hydreigon, but I recommend Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse as STAB moves. Focus Blast, Flamethrower and Fire Blast also are good moves (use only one as long as possible), as they get good coverage, let you hit Steel-types and make your Ice weakness not so frightening. I also recommend Modest Nature. Hydreigon still has great Attack, so mixed sets can be used with Naughty, Rash, Lonely or Mild, as Hydreigon is made to sweep. And if you're crazy, you can run Adamant for a pure physical sweeper...

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Oh crapachu, I should really get to work on this soon.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    While by far not my favorite semi legendary pokemon, hydreigon fits perfectly in the competitive metagame by being a brute force, destroying teams by it's wide movepool and strong attacking stats. Hydreigon is different from other semi legendary dragons as it does not share their quadruple ice type weakness, though it has the most weaknesses out of them all! It's type is unique among... well... all pokemon and arguably the best movepool out of all semi legendary pokemon. It's ability, levitate, makes switching to earthquake a lot easier. It's not fantastic but it can be worst! It's base stats are well rounded with a very nice special attack and a nice attack stat. Defensively it is good, meaning it can take a decently strong super effective hit and retaliate. It's speed is somewhat of a letdown but not horrible, leaving it outsped by other dragons like salamence and garchomp. All in all, Hydreigon has the potential to wipe out every member of your team if you are not prepared and even if you are, chances that you will take heavy damage before taking it down are pretty high.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Personal Moveset
    Item: Flying Gem
    Any neutual nature w/ 168 Attack, 168 Sp Attack, 168 Speed, 6 HP
    Dragon Rush
    Crunch
    Flamethrower/Heat Wave
    Acrobatics

    Muscle Band (All Physical)/Deino & Zweilous moveset:
    Item: Muscle Band/Prism Berry (Evolite if Deino or Zwelous)
    Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 84 Defense, 84 Sp Defense, 84 Speed, 6 HP
    (If Deino or Zwelous, Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 128 Speed, 130 HP)
    Dragon Rush/Outrage
    Crunch
    Fire Fang/Stone Edge/Head Smash
    Zen Headbutt

    Wise Specs (All Special)
    Item: Wise Specs/White Herb
    Modest w/ 252 Sp Attack, 84 Defense, 84 Sp Defense, 84 Speed, 6 HP
    Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower/Heat Wave
    Charge Beam/Signal Beam/Focus Blast

    Partners:
    Earthquake/Bulldoze-users

    Countering:
    Avalance-users like Vanilluxe or Swampert.
    Low Sweep-users like Mienshao or Infernape.
    Other Fighing/Bug/Ice/Dragon-types include Bug Buzz Volcarona, Close Combat Staraptor, Dragon Rush/Outrage Salamence/Garchomp, Focus Blast Typhlosion/Zoroark, Charizard, X-scissor TR Escavalier, Scrafty, Hitmontop, Aura Sphere Togekiss, Empoleon, and TR Tyranitar.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 23rd September 2012 at 6:39 AM. Reason: From recent replies
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    It's ashame Hydreigon didn't get Nasty Plot cuz its would make Draco Meteor nuke a lot of stuff as well as its other Coverage moves


  11. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Quidam Locus
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Having three heads and a scarf is apparently fashionable now.
    ~Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Flamethrower/Heat Wave
    ~Superpower
    Nature-Naive(+Spd -Sp.Def) Rash(+Sp.Atk -Sp.Def)
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk 252 Spd 4 Atk
    Item: Choice Scarf

    The lesser seen Scarfdreigon. Very potent as most people expect Hydreigon to be Choice Specs/Band/Life Orb and don't prepare for this. Dragon Pulse is what I like to do because its more reliable and you want to keep Scarfdreigon in for a while but Draco Meteor is an option for the sheer power. Dark Pulse is your secondary STAB move, and a very useful one too. Removes Jellicent quickly, general stuff like that. Flamethrower and Heat Wave are cool (or hot?) for the fact they can remove your precious +2 Speed Lucario nicely. Superpower is there for Chansey and Blissey. They wall Hydreigon to high heaven and back otherwise. Unless it has Focus Miss which is very unreliable.
    Last edited by Argon Wartortle; 23rd September 2012 at 8:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

    Hoenn Starters :3



    I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Personal Moveset
    Item: Flying Gem
    Any neutual nature w/ 168 Attack, 168 Sp Attack, 168 Speed, 6 HP
    Dragon Rush
    Crunch
    Flamethrower/Heat Wave
    Acrobatics

    Muscle Band (All Physical)/Deino & Zweilous moveset:
    Item: Muscle Band/Prism Berry (Evolite if Deino or Zwelous)
    Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 84 Defense, 84 Sp Defense, 84 Speed, 6 HP
    (If Deino or Zwelous, Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 128 Speed, 130 HP)
    Dragon Rush/Outrage
    Crunch
    Fire Fang/Stone Edge/Head Smash
    Zen Headbutt

    Wise Specs (All Special)
    Item: Wise Specs/White Herb
    Modest w/ 252 Sp Attack, 84 Defense, 84 Sp Defense, 84 Speed, 6 HP
    Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower/Heat Wave
    Charge Beam/Signal Beam/Focus Blast

    Partners:
    Earthquake/Bulldoze-users

    Countering:
    Avalance-users like Vanilluxe or Swampert.
    Low Sweep-users like Mienshao or Infernape.
    Other Fighing/Bug/Ice/Dragon-types include Bug Buzz Volcarona, Close Combat Staraptor, Dragon Rush/Outrage Salamence/Garchomp, Focus Blast Typhlosion/Zoroark/Sceptile, Charizard, X-scissor Scyther/Durant/TR Escavalier, Ice Fang/Brick Break Floatzel, Scrafty, Hitmontop, Frost Rotom, Aura Sphere Togekiss, TR Vespiquen, Empoleon, and TR Tyranitar.
    Just one question about those "personal sets" do you even use them? how many battles do you win?
    TR vespiquen.... seriously.. not like I come to flame I am sure everyone can post their sets but I don't think it is any help to BH when you post those "sets" and "counters"

    all those "counters" are no counters at all most of them get 2HKOed by hydreigons moves.. hydreigon got like 1-2 real counters in OU like chansey which can even switch into Superpower but the rest I doubt they are even checks (scizor never uses X-sccissor and he get's always 0HKOed by fire blast)


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    lol I have literally used TR TTar once to support a TR Sand Force Gigalith, sure it DESTROYED ANYTHING GIGALITH'S STABS HIT, but was unreliable as a team.

    Low Sweep Nape.. lol


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Personal Moveset
    Item: Flying Gem
    Any neutual nature w/ 168 Attack, 168 Sp Attack, 168 Speed, 6 HP
    Dragon Rush
    Crunch
    Flamethrower/Heat Wave
    Acrobatics

    Muscle Band (All Physical)/Deino & Zweilous moveset:
    Item: Muscle Band/Prism Berry (Evolite if Deino or Zwelous)
    Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 84 Defense, 84 Sp Defense, 84 Speed, 6 HP
    (If Deino or Zwelous, Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 128 Speed, 130 HP)
    Dragon Rush/Outrage
    Crunch
    Fire Fang/Stone Edge/Head Smash
    Zen Headbutt

    Wise Specs (All Special)
    Item: Wise Specs/White Herb
    Modest w/ 252 Sp Attack, 84 Defense, 84 Sp Defense, 84 Speed, 6 HP
    Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower/Heat Wave
    Charge Beam/Signal Beam/Focus Blast

    Partners:
    Earthquake/Bulldoze-users

    Countering:
    Avalance-users like Vanilluxe or Swampert.
    Low Sweep-users like Mienshao or Infernape.
    Other Fighing/Bug/Ice/Dragon-types include Bug Buzz Volcarona, Close Combat Staraptor, Dragon Rush/Outrage Salamence/Garchomp, Focus Blast Typhlosion/Zoroark/Sceptile, Charizard, X-scissor Scyther/Durant/TR Escavalier, Ice Fang/Brick Break Floatzel, Scrafty, Hitmontop, Frost Rotom, Aura Sphere Togekiss, TR Vespiquen, Empoleon, and TR Tyranitar.
    Lol sceptile...scyther...durant...floatzel...vespiquen ?!...and the icing on the cake ---> frost rotom...i am wondering if this applies to your in-game experience ....or what? If not then pleez stahp et!

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    193

    Exclamation Replies

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Just one question about those "personal sets" do you even use them? how many battles do you win?
    TR vespiquen.... seriously.. not like I come to flame I am sure everyone can post their sets but I don't think it is any help to BH when you post those "sets" and "counters"

    all those "counters" are no counters at all most of them get 2HKOed by hydreigons moves.. hydreigon got like 1-2 real counters in OU like chansey which can even switch into Superpower but the rest I doubt they are even checks (scizor never uses X-sccissor and he get's always 0HKOed by fire blast)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    Lol sceptile...scyther...durant...floatzel...vespiquen ?!...and the icing on the cake ---> frost rotom...i am wondering if this applies to your in-game experience ....or what? If not then pleez stahp et!
    #1: I made some changes to my original message, mostly removing.
    #2: Yes, the moves are in the Personal moveset are those I would use.
    #3: Hydregion's stats are well-rounded, so I have a hard time on natures.
    #4: Because of the high stats and wide set of moves, Hydregion is a tough pokemon to counter, espically with only one pokemon. The pokemon I chose are either high-offense-and-speed or high defenses. Vespiquen has high defenses, Pressure, and Attack Order. Scyther, surprisingly, has more speed than Scizor; which, according to the website, X-scissor can be learned by either at lv 41 or as a TM move.

    In addition, you can use gems, for go-for-broke like Fighing Gem for Superpower/Close Combat-users.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 23rd September 2012 at 7:19 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Just one question about those "personal sets" do you even use them? how many battles do you win?
    TR vespiquen.... seriously.. not like I come to flame I am sure everyone can post their sets but I don't think it is any help to BH when you post those "sets" and "counters"

    all those "counters" are no counters at all most of them get 2HKOed by hydreigons moves.. hydreigon got like 1-2 real counters in OU like chansey which can even switch into Superpower but the rest I doubt they are even checks (scizor never uses X-sccissor and he get's always 0HKOed by fire blast)
    People can post whatever they want. I promise you that I am well aware of what a good set looks like.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Speaking of gems, i'm pretty sure that hydreigon is an awesome user of said items...like fight gem + superpower or a fire gem + fire attack...heck, even a dragon gem + draco meteor sounds like a good idea sometimes

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    Heck, even a dragon gem + draco meteor sounds like a good idea sometimes
    It destroys specially defencive gastrodon, yet I'd be tempted to stick with life orb, though it should go in the "Other options" area as well as work up and charge beam

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •