Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Characters that would've been good companions with Ash

Say what if Misty and Brock were dropped for Johto (hypothetically) and they had two new Gym Leaders or Trainers?

Maybe Silver could work. He could be out to stop Team Rocket and be sticking around Ash to take advantage how he hates Team Rocket too.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I think it would be interesting if characters like Harrison and Jimmy joined the group for a while, they were cool characters who i would like to have seen more of.

Anyone could replace Cilan imo (maybe Brock) because I hate him. Maybe the above or Hilbert.

Hilda definitely instead of Iris. Iris is awful as well.
    Last edited by SimH8; 20th September 2012 at 11:49 PM.
    1st X run:

Quote Originally Posted by SimH8 View Post
    I think it would be interesting if characters like Harrison and Jimmy joined the group for a while, they were cool characters who i would like to have seen more of.

Anyone could replace Cilan imo (maybe Brock) because I hate him. Maybe the above or Hilbert.

Hilda definitely instead of Iris. Iris is awful as well.
    Ash travelling with both Hilbert and Hilda. That'd be funny to see. n_n Though Cilan isn't as bad as you make him sound.... o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Ash travelling with both Hilbert and Hilda. That'd be funny to see. n_n Though Cilan isn't as bad as you make him sound.... o_o
    It'd be funny if they were like twin siblings and gave Ash hell everyday.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I prefer: Misty>Iris in Unova.
    This are my female pokemon with the Dream World Ability:
    If you want one of this pokemons send me a private message.Tell me what do you offer or what do you want.
        Spoiler:- DW Females:

FC: 1593 5500 2865

Reggie, Riley or Barry would have worked out for me in DP. Too much Barry? Nah....XDD If well, he was mature enough to take care of Ash and Dawn.

I always remember someone saying about if Chili joined the group....they would have gotten eaten by something in about 15 days of their journey. XD But I like Dento and Iris in their roles. Chili's a bit too hotheaded, and Cress is a bit too passive.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Patri25 View Post
    I prefer: Misty>Iris in Unova.
    Why would Misty be in BW over a BW-centric character who is the Champion in the BW2 games?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why would Misty be in BW over a BW-centric character who is the Champion in the BW2 games?
    Same question could be asked for Brock who wasn't present in third and fourth gen games still being in cast. Anime doesn't have to follow games completely.
    Title of this thread is what characters do you think would be good companions to Ash. If people rather want Misty as traveling companion in Unova instead of Iris, i have no problem with that.
    Just like i don't mind if people would rather have Marina instead of Misty in Johto, Leaf instead of May, Reggie instead of Brock etc. Its their personal preference.

Personally i would welcome Misty becoming Ash traveling companion again because i found her more enjoyable and she has untapped potential to expand upon, being interesting to see follow up on her career ranking up as trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Same question could be asked for Brock who wasn't present in third and fourth gen games still being in cast.
    He was there to be background. The main girl is always more important than the male sidekick...at least until Cilan came around.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He was there to be background. The main girl is always more important than the male sidekick...at least until Cilan came around.
    Brock didn't faded in background until Sinnoh, having pretty good role in AG series and he had his moments in Sinnoh too so im not sure if its fair to label him with such etiquette with character not needing to rece8vbe alot to be considered valuable. Bringing up how big his role was is irrelevant to this either, because it still doesn't change fact that writers kept him even after he stopped existing in games. Same applies to Jessie, James and Meowth still being in show and originally Misty was intended to stay past Johto too.

Its rather obvious how writers have free hands in deciding what characters will form cast even if they are from previous generation, as long they properly promote new pokemon fulfilling their part of obligation toward Nintendo and Gamefreak.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 21st September 2012 at 4:54 PM.

What if Harley tagged along (assuming he wasn't at May's throat for dissing his cookies)?

Tbh, I thought Leaf from Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen would be a good companion, but she never made a single appearence in the anime yet T_T. I thought that would've been cool if they added her in the Kanto Battle Frontier saga (since she is also from Kanto).
    Also, Hilda, but they used Iris instead of her xD. I don't get why the used Iris o_o;.
    Credit goes to Mew_ for this awesome banner ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Foxyvulpixie View Post
    Tbh, I thought Leaf from Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen would be a good companion, but she never made a single appearence in the anime yet T_T. I thought that would've been cool if they added her in the Kanto Battle Frontier saga (since she is also from Kanto).
    Also, Hilda, but they used Iris instead of her xD. I don't get why the used Iris o_o;.
    Before Best Wishes came and people only had little info, Black and White revealed the Musicals and some thought Hilda would be involved in it, causing a lot of Hilda hate then she had since debuted. Once Best Wishes came, people were getting use to Iris that Hilda demand grow, including Ash/Hilda growing little community. I figures since Iris had a role in the games plus her Champion status, she became Ash's Gen 5 travel partner along with Cilan, both with goals and rivals.

But Hilda and Mei would be great travel partners to Ash, even Hilda being the potential Hero of Truth/Ideals.

I think Lyra would have been a great companion for Ash! She would have been fun to watch. Not so sure about her Khoury though..

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    I think Lyra would have been a great companion for Ash! She would have been fun to watch. Not so sure about her Khoury though..
    I wish they actually kept them around to try out a Five Man Band and to showcase HGSS.

What if Harley tagged along (assuming he wasn't at May's throat for dissing his cookies)?
    Best Region Ever.

I'd take a four man band of Ash / May / Brock / Harley. Two guys and two girls.

Spoiler:

Only if his cousin Ursula isn't far behind.

Yep, I could totally see her taking ash and abandoning the others for sexy times a private romantic adventure where the plain looking girl with the top percentile hat makes the sweet but just as bottom percentile size brain fall in love.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yep, I could totally see her taking ash and abandoning the others for sexy times a private romantic adventure where the plain looking girl with the top percentile hat makes the sweet but just as bottom percentile size brain fall in love.
    If you're thinking that the reason I wanted Lyra to tag along was because I wanted to ship her and Ash, then you obviously over analyzed my post. I think Lyra was a good character and would have been fun to have in the group.

I would have liked to see Melvin the Magician as a travel companion.

I would've liked to see Gary travel with Ash, Misty and Brock for about 5 to 10 episodes. He could've annoyed the hell out of Ash, this is mostly for humorous purposes. He could also make some PokeShippy comments with the intention to annoy Ash, and then the Gary arc could've ended with a battle between Gary and Ash. I think Ash and Gary should've battled more often in the anime... Good old Kanto Gary and Ash traveling together could've been a fun combination!

Also, Casey being added in Jotho for a small arc could've been fun, I like that Electabuzz song of her! XD

When it comes to the Original Series, I'm happy with the main casts, but some non-main-characters could've been added for a few episodes for nice arcs.

As a Misty fan, I would've loved to see Misty in AG, DP and BW as a main character, but I'm afraid she'll never appear again...

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Best Region Ever.

I'd take a four man band of Ash / May / Brock / Harley. Two guys and two girls.

Spoiler:
    You kidding, Harley would freak every one but Ash out, even than I'm sure he'd get confused by Harley's actions at timesXD
    As it was     Spoiler:

I think Macey from Johto league would have been a hoot to have travel with the gang, imagine her always flirting with Ash at times, he'd get so annoyed.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I would've liked to see Gary travel with Ash, Misty and Brock for about 5 to 10 episodes. He could've annoyed the hell out of Ash, this is mostly for humorous purposes. He could also make some PokeShippy comments with the intention to annoy Ash, and then the Gary arc could've ended with a battle between Gary and Ash. I think Ash and Gary should've battled more often in the anime... Good old Kanto Gary and Ash traveling together could've been a fun combination!

Also, Casey being added in Jotho for a small arc could've been fun, I like that Electabuzz song of her! XD

When it comes to the Original Series, I'm happy with the main casts, but some non-main-characters could've been added for a few episodes for nice arcs.

As a Misty fan, I would've loved to see Misty in AG, DP and BW as a main character, but I'm afraid she'll never appear again...
    I totally agree with everything!! Sakura would make a good companion too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I think Macey from Johto league would have been a hoot to have travel with the gang, imagine her always flirting with Ash at times, he'd get so annoyed.
    And Misty too, Macy and Misty would often fight. In the episode with Macey, I loved it when Misty said "He's already booked", it shows possession.

And we both know Ash prefers Misty over Macey!

I agree. They pretty much almost made Khoury a mini Brock if he didn't have such a cool Pokemon. But I agree that Lyra would have been a good travel companion.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast