Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokemon: Kanto Legends

I like it!
    You have a very good plot,
    you have introduced a new team, a Novice Cup,
    a Pokerus, Bugsy returned.

Your character development has a positive and negative sides:
    - Even though you try really hard to develop Joe's character, he got, in my opinion, not the best Pokemon. Snubull and Cleffa? I am sorry, but I think you've been unjust to Joe.
    I was really disappointed that he received not Larvitar, Charmander, but Snubull
    + Adam has a great character development and he got two of my fav pokemon.
    And one more +: your battle descriptions are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRaymon View Post
    I like it!
    You have a very good plot,
    you have introduced a new team, a Novice Cup,
    a Pokerus, Bugsy returned.

Your character development has a positive and negative sides:
    - Even though you try really hard to develop Joe's character, he got, in my opinion, not the best Pokemon. Snubull and Cleffa? I am sorry, but I think you've been unjust to Joe.
    I was really disappointed that he received not Larvitar, Charmander, but Snubull
    + Adam has a great character development and he got two of my fav pokemon.
    And one more +: your battle descriptions are very good.
    Thanks so much for the comment!
    I wanted to ad some diverstity with Bugsy, the Novice cup and the things you mentioned at the start.
    As for giving Joe the snubbull, i wanted it to be a shock. I dont think i've ever heard of someone starting an adventure with a snubbull and it was also suposed to be a suprose after i had suggested he would get a charmander then a larvitar. For cleffa, i think it is a pokemon that can become very powerful if trained right and i wanted to give joe a test in a cleffa if you get me
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

Pokemon: Kanto Legends

Come on the Mighty Infernape!

Chapter 9: This time it isn't a dream

The crowd cheered as Mr. Chroma grabbed his microphone, “Hello everybody and welcome to the second round draw!” he announced. Joe’s face lit up with anticipation. He glanced around at the competitors around him, mentally judging a potential battle. “The first two names to be pulled out of the hat are… Ben… and… Joe! So the first battle of the second round will be Ben versus Joe. In a change to the first round, each battle will take place immediately after it has been decided, so would Ben and Joe please join me on the arena?”

Ben swaggered to one end of the arena, with Joe staggering to the opposite end. “Humph, I wanted a difficult battle. I guess an easy win will do my Pokemon some good, though” Ben smirked.

“I… You… We’ll win, you mark my words!” Joe mumbled.

The two trainers tossed their Pokeballs and out came a Charmander and a Snubbull. Both Pokemon grinned, but Joe stood shaking. “Snubb… Snubbull use… Ice Fang!”

“Ice Fang, what is he doing?” Adam screamed from the crowds.

Snubbull leapt towards Charmander and crushed down with his icy teeth. Charmander took the attack with ease, responding by shooting small flames from his gaping mouth. The flames threw Snubbull back and he recoiled in pain. Smirking happily, Ben ordered a Dragon Rage. Upon command, Charmander sent a spiralling twister hurtling towards Snubbull. Snubbull leapt to one side but was caught by the blast.

“Snubbull, no!” Joe cried as Snubbull was forced backwards. “Tackle, right away.”

Snubbull bullishly rammed into Charmander, but was struck with a Metal Claw at the same time. Both Pokemon flew though the air, crashing to the ground with a massive thud.

“Hidden Power, Snubbull, now!” Joe ordered.

“Well, this should be interesting.” Harry muttered from the side of the arena. “Though, I highly doubt he really knows how to use it.”

Snubbull sent out a beam of white light that struck Charmander, sending him flying back, and immediately followed it by slamming into the side of his opponent. But, Charmander gritted his teeth and forced Snubbull away with a mighty Metal Claw attack.

Both Pokemon and both trainers starred deeply into one another’s eyes. A tense blanket of silence hung over the arena. Suddenly, Charmander spat flames out towards Snubbull and got a direct hit. The blanket was torn and the battle raged on again.

Charmander continued to pelt Snubbull with Ember attacks, but Snubbull replied with a series of tackles. Both Pokemon were panting heavily, but were still determined. Snubbull let out a beam of white light again, but this time Charmander leapt out of its path and closed in on Snubbull. Charmander gripped Snubbull’s neck tightly with a metallic hand and forced flames upon his face. Charmander retreated to the safety of its trainer. Still standing tall, Charmander looked across the arena to see his fallen foe. Snubbull was out for the count.

“And so the winner is… Ben and his Charmander!” Mr. Chroma screamed as he marched to the centre of the arena. The host started a round of applause as the two trainers parted from the arena.

Later that night, with the moon hanging gloomily over the sky, Joe sat outside the tent with tears flooding down his face. “He beat me!” he exclaimed. “I can’t believe he beat me. What did I do wrong?”

“Well, to start you used Ice Fang against a Fire type.” Harry sighed as he bent down beside him. “But don’t beat yourself up, sometimes things just don’t go your way.” He added understandingly.

“Why do you care? You’re just an uptight geek, what have I done to earn your sympathy?”

“Look, I’m sorry about that yesterday, I was… aggravated. I know what its like to loose to a rival, and I know what it is like to freeze, as well.”

“But, you’re like a professional at Pokemon battles – you’ve been in three leagues!”

As Harry pondered over his response, there was a huge scream from behind them.

“Come back here with my Voltorb! I won’t let you take him again!” screamed a voice.

Joe turned to see Marcus chasing after two thugs, one of whom held his Voltorb. Joe and Harry dashed after them, but they were too fast.

“Salamance, you’re needed.” Harry called out as he released Salamance from its Pokeball. The Salamance soared into the sky and dived ferociously towards the thugs. There was a huge crash and a cloud of smoke swept across the forest. Salamance confidently emerged from the smoke holding the two thugs in its mouth with Voltorb rolling slowly behind it.

“And I thought you only did things tactically.” Joe murmured to Harry sarcastically.

“I got the kid’s Pokemon back, didn’t I?”

Marcus charged cheerfully over to Votorb, but it rolled away into the forest again. With tears beginning to drip down his face, Marcus continued to chase after Voltorb but it just kept on retreating. Eventually, they ended up back by the tent.

“Please, Voltorb, please come back to me!” Marcus begged. Voltorb gazed at him resentfully and slowly rolled over to Salamance and Harry.

“Go back to you’re trainer, Voltorb. He needs you and he loves you. Just go back.” Harry said softly.

Ben strode up behind them and sighed deeply. “It’s a weak Pokemon and it clearly has a nervous disposition or something, so just release it and don’t let it burden you.”

“Hey, that’s no way to talk about a Pokemon!” Joe yelled. “It’s just scared because of Team Storm.”

“Team Storm?” Marcus said confusedly. “Who are they? It is Team Rocket that keeps taking my precious Voltorb.”

”Guys, as much as I just love talking about evil goons who go around stealing Pokemon, there is a Voltorb here he needs to go back to his trainer. Now let’s get this sorted.” Harry interrupted.

All eyes were fixed on Voltorb. Voltorb gazed at Harry, then Marcus and began to roll…
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

I'm not going to lie, but I totally expected Charmander to win. But my prediction was heavily biased against Snubull.I personally didn't see any spelling or grammar errors, however, I could've wrong. I really want to see how Team Rocket and Team Storm act with each other, or if they're the same entity, or if Team Storm is a splinter team off of Team Rocket. There's a million possibilities that I see here. I'm waiting to see which way you go.

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    I'm not going to lie, but I totally expected Charmander to win. But my prediction was heavily biased against Snubull.I personally didn't see any spelling or grammar errors, however, I could've wrong. I really want to see how Team Rocket and Team Storm act with each other, or if they're the same entity, or if Team Storm is a splinter team off of Team Rocket. There's a million possibilities that I see here. I'm waiting to see which way you go.
    Thanks for the relpy
    I know it was kind of obvious that charmander would win, but i wanted to set up the rivalry. But don't worry - he won't do an Ash and always loose to his rival.
    As for Team Strom and Rocket i have something interesting planned, but you are going to have to wait a while for that. Oh and no spelling or grammar errors - yayyyy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12