View Poll Results: Favourite Bionicle era?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2001 (Beginning of story)

6 33.33%
  • 2002 (Toa Mata era)

3 16.67%
  • 2003 (Toa Nuva era)

2 11.11%
  • 2004 (Toa Metru era)

4 22.22%
  • 2005 (Toa Hordika era)

0 0%
  • 2006 (Piraka and Inika era)

0 0%
  • 2007 (Mahri and Barraki era)

1 5.56%
  • 2008 (Phantoka / Mistika era)

2 11.11%
  • 2009 (Glatorian / Legends) era

0 0%
  • 2009 (Stars)

0 0%

Thread: Favorite era of Bionicle?

Default Favorite era of Bionicle?

If you were a fan, what was your favourite Bionicle era?

Mine would have to be the 2003 Toa Nuva era or the 2008 Phantoka / Mistika era. The Toa Nuva are really nostalgic for me and the 2008 lines are too but they also feel like the coolest, newest sets, you catch my drift?

Edit: Sorry I forgot to make the poll multiple choice. If you have multiple favourites post them.
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 19th September 2012 at 1:50 AM.

When I was younger, I thought Phantoka was the coolest. I have an insane affinity for bats, so...yeah. :3

| tumblr. | dA |

I'd have to say beginning. Although I just lost track of the whole thing in the Piraka and Inika era.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTroopa View Post
    I'd have to say beginning. Although I just lost track of the whole thing in the Piraka and Inika era.
    Shame, that's when it really picked up for me.

Beware children and heed Uncle Lutz, lest these devious feminists obliterate you:

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    There are a few feminists out there with such a extreme view in terms of wiping out men that it matches the Nazi's movement of seeing a lower class and or being utterly genocidal.

Pretty much everything from the beginning to the Hordika. And then I stopped looking for one minute and the story went in every which direction, thus throwing me off and losing my interest. Now that it's over, I looked at the story on the Bionicle wiki and was impressed. Very confused, but impressed.

I remember I had the one where the blue dudes sword/weapon turned into ice skates/blades or something.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I remember I had the one where the blue dudes sword/weapon turned into ice skates/blades or something.

Good times.
    i think i have/had that one.

i don't remember the era's, but i stopped getting them quite a while ago in like 2007 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

Good times.
    Kopaka, the Toa of Ice, he was white...DAMN IT, AGAIN WITH ME SOUNDING RACIST!

As for me, I owned every set of the original era...boy, the monies my parents blew on me...

I slowed down incredibly on the rapid purchases after the Toa Nuva era and quit completely after the Mahri and Barraki era. They newer sets have been incredibly bland and Hero Factory follows suit. Although the information and back stories were faint, they always interested me and were probably done that way due to making the buyers use their imagination while playing with and rebuilding their toys (which I did for hours on end as a kid).

This building toy crave is still in me and I have been able to satisfy it with imports from Japan with Bandai's line of Gundam models. Sadly I can't change them up like Lego but the odd time, I go downstairs to the lonely and left alone Lego bin and build. I have an idea for the story with the models though and I have a camera and a tripod so a stop-motion film is possible. Now if only they could grasp onto their weapons better.

Back to topic, there's always the odd Lego builder on DeviantART. That said I follow one, Alex-Darkrai, though he hasn't updated in sometime, his works are still worth checking out.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Kopaka, the Toa of Ice, he was white...DAMN IT, AGAIN WITH ME SOUNDING RACIST!
    Eh. They all look the same.

I stopped caring after the first.

Though I also had some Throwbots which were like the precursor to Bionicle. (similar lego action figures except they threw discs)

I prefer regular Legos.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Toa Nuva for teh win. I had an affinity for the Toa armour/aesthetic, the Bohrok and the Rahkshi. I lost interest after the Metru generation. I seek to resume my love of Lego once I get an income that is more than slightly higher than living costs.
    And do you think that unto such as you;
    A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
    God gave the secret, and denied it me?--
    Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too.
    ~Omar al-Khayyām, poet of Persia.

Barraki were so cool to me. Can't exactly remember which Toa were with them, but I'll always remember them.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Barraki were so cool to me. Can't exactly remember which Toa were with them, but I'll always remember them.
    Toa Mahri. And I loved 2007 sets too, it was a great year.

Toa Mata. I collected Tahu, Kopaka, Lewa, Onua, Pohatu and Gali when they first came out, and I remember spending a large amount of my childhood using the Lego pieces that made up the aforementioned Toa, in combination with those that made up the six RoboRiders to form my own characters. I had constructed and taken apart countless characters with those Lego pieces in the past (I had to take them apart whenever I became inspired to create new characters, as I had a limited number of Lego pieces), and I don't even remember most of them, as there have been too many and they were created too long ago. And aside from creating my own characters, I also sometimes built all the Toa and RoboRiders as they were meant to be, and moved them around while imagining them interacting with each other, usually through combat. I still have all the Lego pieces from my childhood, and about two years ago, I constructed this three-headed dragon-like character (I have yet to give it a name though), which was strongly inspired by Keizer Ghidorah from Godzilla: Final Wars, using many of those pieces. If you look carefully at the figure I created, you can see that it was formed using the bodies of all six Toa with the exception of Lewa, the legs of Pohatu and Kopaka, the arms, legs and feet of Tahu and Gali, one of Onua's arms, as well as various pieces from RoboRiders (mainly from the Boss). The completed form of this three-headed dragon still remains today, and is placed at the top of my bookshelf in my room. It is the Lego creation of mine of which I am personally most proud.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

I'd say...

Nuva, Metru, Hordika, and maybe Mahri.
    I really liked it the most toward the beginning; it seemed a bit forced from the Phantoka onwards, tbh, and by around the time of the Stars sets you could tell it was at (or around) its worst.

My Friend Safari is Light type.

On the Stars, I liked the idea of bringing back old characters, but I didn't like how they were Agori-sized, and the choice of characters sucked. Gresh and Tahu, fine, but Takanuva was bad since we already had a Toa Nuva, and the Skrall seemed too insignificant of a character to put in the line.

For me, to pick a favorite era would be to outsource what portion of the story was most impressive. I simply don't have a place for Stars and onwards, if only because it was far too rushed. They had plenty of ways to end it in a satisfying way, but due to internal corporate struggles, the franchise sort of fizzled. Looking back, the times when Teridax's name remained entirely anonymous were probably the best. Before we knew him as an individual of a race, he was nothing more than a corporeal essence. In the beginning - 2001, the first conflict if you will, Teridax materialized as the face of the villagers. His message was simple: "You cannot destroy that which is formless and eternal, for I am corruption - a product of humanity." It wasn't quite worded that way, but it was certainly what was expressed. None of us playing the MNOLG at the time would have understood - I know I didn't. But it is simplistic, at this point. Teridax is the embodiment of evil, the shadows, and corruption. He cannot be eliminated, only distilled. I was partially satisfied with the ending, but only because of the planetary robots and gravity lasers. I felt that Teridax's loss of anonymity destroyed his credibility as a shapeless entity of doom - a being that can be anything you imagine him to be. The president, the Moon, or Dr. Doom. In short, the beginning was great, the middle was good too. The end, not so much, but at least it had robots. 10/7/4.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

First, let me just say that the Bionicle story (thank you Greg Farshtey!) was one the many sagas that spurred me to become an author.

Personally, while I loved the Bohrok and their Kal counterparts, I have to admit that the Metru-era was simply incredible. The scale and scope was just so advanced and massive, it was like they had actually created a society and culture rather than just a setting for a toy line of action figures. The Vahki were also simply *yay*, and end of the story not being a "happy" one, really appealed to me.

And can I just say this, Teridax is probably one of the most clever, intuitive, inventive, and downright awesome main antagonists ever seen.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    I support and believe in pearlshipping
    Oh yeah, and I like Darth Vader too.

Herein lies a great story of love, friendship, betryal,........and generally all the other good stuff a story needs :http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ul-A-Pearlship

Current team in lvl. 100 training-

If I were to pick a list of 10 villains to be my favorite, Teridax would always come out at #1. I judged the quality of the series on the story solely because of Teridax - He was my favorite character as well. I rooted for him, to be quite frank. I can think of no other villain written well enough, such that the target audience would root for him. Dr. Robotnik doesn't get any points, as his sudden surge in popularity was unintentional at best.

I don't judge the quality of the series based on the Toys themselves, because I never thought of myself as a plastic elitist. Many of the folks, if not all of them, down at BZPower were plastic elitists. That's why I intentionally forgot my password. To me, plastic is nothing more than a common compound. I only judge it if it breaks every time I take it apart, and at that point it's a matter of the blame game: What factory made it? Is it a botched batch, like the 2007 Lime Green flub? Or is it just a design flaw associated with the shift from rounded joints to square? That's about as far as that thought goes. They fixed it with the Hero Factory things, so I don't really care as much. I care more when something not-Bionicle is designed weakly, like if my LOTR Orc figure snaps in twain because my meathead best buddy can't handle his own hands, or a Mcdonalds Toy can't stand right on a shelf.

If I were to pick a favorite series based solely on the toys, I wouldn't pick the beginning, nor would I pick the end. Many plastic elitists complained, as I recall, that the recent sets lacked "Action features." Mind you, these were the very same people who, in their younger days, complained about those very features hindering the toy's range of poseability, thus causing Lego to eliminate gears. I get the nostalgia and all that - I have nostalgic stuff too. But that kind of nostalgia makes no sense to me. It's the kind of thing that goes on with kids who complain about baldness after shaving their hair. I mean... They did it. It'll grow back? Wear a wig?

I would favor a range between 2003-7, the years people started complaining heartily about nitpicky things like "Too much silver" and "Maxilos's backplate is awkwardly shaped. -1 star." Because from my point of view, there were some pretty cool sets in those years.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I really loved the Bohrock era. I still own the first movie that they made. Haha.

I guess the era from 2001 to 2004 was my favorite of the Bionicle franchise. But around 2006-07 I fell out of it.

I like the first 2 cuz those were the only ones that I got XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I always put Bionicle toys on my Christmas lists but my parents would never buy me them.