Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

Hybrid View

Default The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

I'm pretty sure people of my age and generation can agree that we've already come to a point in our lives where we as fellow users who come here to congregate on this forum, associated thru a video game franchise that we grew up with in our youthful childhood, have matured, graduated college, going to grad school, getting a new job, starting a new life, etc.

Funny how someone like me first came here as a teenager and am now close to mid 20's, graduated and am still in a sense "trolling" and just messing around on these here forums. Of course, that in itself, I guess it's unethical for me to do so anymore, since I'm a substitute teacher, and that does look bad on me if a background check was done. =P *coughcoughdeletemypostsplzthxkbaicoughcough*

But I guess, since us adults with juvenile strains coursing thru our conscious streams of thought are pretty much in a sense still children in our heads, I guess what I'm asking is, do you feel that being on here, at our physical age level, think that you feel that you're too old to be on these forums anymore because of the primary demographics that it's aimed towards isn't aimed towards you anymore? Or what do you think?

I do feel kinda old being on here. I joined when I was in 6th grade and now I'm in my second year of College. I came at first to talk about the Emerald release and ending up taking a brake from this site for like 3 years. Forgot my username(Akane or something like) and rejoined under one I wouldn't forget. It's a little weird, I know used to post fanart and and played in the Games Section. Now I don't care at all.

I come here to people watch.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

LIke jb, I joined when I was in Grade 6 as well now I'm in my first year of university. I admire how long I've been here for, but I can't help feeling old since most people I used to know and like are gone

rave, this is ur principle and im sry to say thsi but your fired

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    I come here to people watch.
    Uhh... you can't really watch people on the internet. They just post information. =P

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    rave, this is ur principle and im sry to say thsi but your fired
    oh noez!!11!!1!!~

^ I giggled.

Oh wow, you're that old, Jb O.O?

Yeah, I feel old as well. Been here six years and counting, it looks like. I promised myself I'd leave once I get married, and though I'm not even dating yet, something tells me I'll be continuing to be a member of this site for another several years. I feel like I owe this forum a lot, since I was almost fourteen when I joined, and I was really, really hyper and very n00bish. I knew little about what went on in the world, about just how big the world is and all that. I've grown up here more than I have from school, and that's saying something.

I've been told numerous times by Mom I'm too old for Pokémon, but as she hasn't nagged me about it in months, looks like she gave up, so my love for Pokémon is still going on strong. So... here I am... posting away minutes before my bedtime... wondering what else to do.

Yup.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

but I think everyone have their inner child D:
    so IMO, no age limit? unless you have eyes problem and is too old?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

No!! I will never be to old for pokemon lol. Besides the haters can suck it.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I just joined, but I don't feel odd being here even without nostalgia to back me up. While i've matured as far as life experience goes I still enjoy a lot of the things I did when I was younger. I still ride my shopping cart through the parking lot when leaving a grocery store, I still do the puzzles on the back of cereal boxes in the morning, and I still enjoy the games that were really my only form of escapism when I was younger. I don't exactly come from the best circumstances, so the way I see it i've earned the right to act "childish" if I want to.

Do the wakey-wakey exercises or else.

I joined here when I was 15.. and I was too old for this forum at that age. More than 6 years later.. I do feel quite weird. Like daaaaamn it's really been that long?

I left this place I think late 2010.. but somehow found myself back here for some strange reason. I guess just memories or boredom?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    I left this place I think late 2010.. but somehow found myself back here for some strange reason. I guess just memories or boredom?
    its cuz u miss me <3

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    its cuz u miss me <3
    Yes that is totally the reason. T_____T

I went AWOL about once or twice, but I always did come back. I'm not entirely sure either, but it's strange being gone for several months, and then coming back to find your account is still up. (Yeah, I thought Serebii deletes accounts after being inactive for, like, six months xD.) I hope to never do it again without leaving a little warning note in my sig, I remember feeling guilty about it. Especially since so much stuff happened in that period of time that I wish I was there to witness it.

That and some people I contacted through here somehow up-and-left as well for reasons I haven't figured out yet. Oh well...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I've gone in and out a few times, but now I'm 18. I'm starting to wonder when I'll lose my taste for Pokemon already :/
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Do I feel too old to be on here? Well, not really. I don't think Pokemon is something that I'll ever outgrow, even if I grow to hate where the series goes or the series just completely dies, I'll still have the older games to play for years. What I do feel, though, is that life is trying to push me in a direction of "all work and no play" as I'm being forced to spend ridiculous amounts of time on school, work, chores, errands, etc. and little to no free time in order to become remotely successful in life, and I'm not happy about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?
    Looking for a Sableye Friend Safari, PM me if interesting in trading FCs.

I came here five years ago because I was, like almost everyone else here, a Pokemon fan. Now I've lost interest in Pokemon and just come here for the community and when I'm bored.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

I joined when i was like 13 or something like that and now I'm 17 about to get outta highschool

I left for awhile partially because I got banned for 4 months but I came back because i felt like it and i still play pokemon somewhat and SPP is the best info source for pokemon so why not keep going to these mediocre forums?
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

why would i feel like I am too old for this when I'm meeting people who are almost in their 30s and liking the same things as I am? lol

But yeah, I joined about a year ago when Black and White came out.
    岩根雅明=♡

I joined this a month ago when I was 15...no I will never stop loving Pokemon. I'm never going to get too old for it and that's that. I'm a very impish person in nature.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

I'm 16, I'm okay for now. Hehe.

I just turned 23 and I admit sometimes I have those moments of "should I still be doing this?", but eventually it wears off and I'm back enjoying the game I love the most.

The site may be geared towards the pre-teen and teen-year olds, but that doesn't mean it isn't for us 20, 30...etc somethings. We are all kids at heart and there is nothing wrong with indulging that part of us every now and then.
    Last edited by Dreamy; 5th October 2012 at 1:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    I just turned 23 and I admit sometimes I have those moments of "should I still be doing this?", but eventually it wears off and I'm back enjoying the game I love the most.
    Dude there are people in their 30's on these forums.

Yes that is totally the reason. T_____T
    lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by onichan View Post
    Another challenge at my age is women. When they ask what do u do for fun its like oh hey I still play Pokemon and then I never hear from them again.
    I think the challenge might be something other than your interests if this is the case.

I have been on this forum for over 7 years and nowadays I don't really post because I always seem to get banned when I do. I think it's very unfair given my ~*storied career*~ or whatever the fuck you want to call it. I think people are just jealous they are not as good looking and sexy and cool as I am irl. But it's okay because nowadays the only real link I have to this forum is the #SPP-Misc IRC channel which is full of people in my age range (twenty somethings) and I made it so I could chat shit with people similar to myself and also insult Korusan.

Besides when Malanu is a member here it's safe to assume you're not too old for this place.

Because he's like 50 or something.

I don't feel too old to be on here....yet I guess I don't really feel my age in the first place. I'm still having a hard time believing that I'm 21 (it was my birthday on the 3rd of September). I don't frequent this forum much anyway, but I don't think I'll ever "grow out" of Pokemon. I am looking forward to BW2, though I probably won't be able to get it right away, but that's OK. I still need to do some things in Black anyway lol

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast