Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

i joined this forum as superdeoxys at the age of 7 (to be 8) and now i'm close to 15

it's weird seeing so many people younger than me on this forum now, i remember looking up to a lot of the 15 year olds back then

and wow i'm bored and tired of pokemon already, i honestly don't know how all of you have been a fan of the franchise for so long??

I'm In my early 20's college student, Most of my friends and a couple of my family members always ask why is it that I still play Pokemon, I mean, my friends all know me as the guy who likes to date women most of all, the guy who likes to work out and likes to always look like what many people would consider a "jock" and yes it's true, but I also can't be a hypocrite and just go with what people expect me to be or think of me being, I'm also very childish, I like watching cartoons, (especially 'regular show, adventure time and Pokemon) and also I enjoy playing pokemon, I don't play any other video game of any console besides the core pokemon games, so to those people it's always a sort of doubt as to why I play them and not other stuff that would seem more attractive to guys my age like Call Of Duty and such, well In my opinion it's all about how I grew up, I never played video games as a kid, I was always enjoying sports and such but Pokemon got my attention and got me hooked, Now at my age I still play it on my free time, and even though people will always ask why I do so, my answer will always be the same "It's just something I like"
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

Is it even possible to be to old here, I know people here who are at least 35 -_-

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    Is it even possible to be to old here, I know people here who are at least 35 -_-
    25 and just bought my first Pokemon game since Ruby/Sapphire. Didn't think twice asking about it at the game store because who cares what video games I play? Judgmental people are depressed people.
    WANT POKERUS? I can breed these starters/rares with Pokerus or pretty much anything you want:

Legendaries for trade:

Looking for:

Well my other account has a sign up date of 2005, so I've been here since i was 15. Mostly just post in the game threads though. Anime spoilers is way too crazy for me, ppl are way too opinionated in that section

this forum pretty much got me into the internet on that fateful october 7 years ago. now a college student with aspiring dreams etc

I turn 21 in June, so at times, I do feel somewhat old to be on here. But when I engage in awesome discussions about my favorite game series of all time on here, I just can't leave. I actually usually don't feel weird about being on here, most college-aged kids that I know are getting back into Pokemon (the whole Black/White craze brought back a LOT of people my age back to the franchise.)

Pokemon for life!
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    I turn 21 in June, so at times, I do feel somewhat old to be on here. But when I engage in awesome discussions about my favorite game series of all time on here, I just can't leave. I actually usually don't feel weird about being on here, most college-aged kids that I know are getting back into Pokemon (the whole Black/White craze brought back a LOT of people my age back to the franchise.)

Pokemon for life!
    Amen friend!

I feel the same way! I just finished school and few years back and out of the blue I had an urge to pick up the ol' Gameboy and start playing.

Pokemon for life is right!

"3rd time's a charm"

I do not believe that anyone can possibly be too old to be doing anything.

I agree with people saying that you can never be too old to be on here. I'm 23, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

I seriously doubt I'll ever be too old for Serebii. I might not be sitting there refreshing my subscribed threads every couple of seconds, but I won't give up on it. Ever. :]

The longer i've been on here, the less i've posted in the Fan Sprites and other pokemon threads and more in Misc. and the LGBT Club. Probably cuz i haven't actually played any of the games themselves in a couple of years, so this is more of a habit than anything else. I'm 19 and joined when I was 15, so i haven't been on here nearly as long as some of these old farts but either way i don't think it means i've gotten "too old" or "outgrown" SPPF in any way.

Thankfully I have got the the point in my life where others actions don't tend to define my personality.

I can see where you are coming from though. The thing is, for all we know, the people who act prim and proper as far as being grown up is concerned, could be the very same people who go home and talk to their teddies.

(not meaning to offend anyone who still talks to their teddies, sorry in advance)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678