Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

Really everything Kutie Pie said in her first post about general age when joining and behavior when still a noob. I actually don't feel like I'm too old for this site. I don't know why I keep coming here either when all I do is lurk around and post mostly in the Christian and Avatar clubs. /ovgd/ and Misc. have those moments when I'll be a fairly regular poster. I just don't know. I have noticed that I've been visiting less frequently over the past few months, but I doubt I'll flat out stop coming here for a few more years. I also doubt I'll ever stop liking Pokemon. There may come a time when I just stop playing the games, but stop liking the franchise? Yeah right.

I was at high school when I first signed up (I've finished college now), but forgot all about it for a few years before becoming active. The birthday emails reminded me of this account.

... and despite perhaps being too old, Pokemon has become so much of my life that it'd be a shame to give it up now. I feel like I'd be throwing away half of my life if I did.

I'm in my fourth year of college/university and started coming here in, um... late seventh grade? Yeah okay that's enough statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Oh wow, you're that old, Jb O.O?
    I'm with you -- I'm surprised too.

I've been told numerous times by Mom I'm too old for Pokémon, but as she hasn't nagged me about it in months, looks like she gave up, so my love for Pokémon is still going on strong. So... here I am... posting away minutes before my bedtime... wondering what else to do.

Yup.
    What a bunch of controlling horseshit, being "too old for" a hobby. A behavior, maybe, but not a hobby.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I joined this forum when I was starting my junior year of high school, and now I'm a junior in college (time sure does fly). 21 years old now, and yet around most of the people I hang out with, my mentality is that of a 16 year old. It feels as though I'm getting to old for pokemon, but I'm surrounded by people my age and older who are still into it, so it makes it perfectly ok lol. And besides, I've been into pokemon since I was like 7 or 8. It'd kinda be hard to break out of that habit now xD

I wanna say I think I finally grew out of these forums, seeing as I haven't posted anything in 5 months. It hasn't even occurred to me to check back here until today (and that's only because I only have to wait a little over a week to change the horrible spelling mistake I made in my username).

I know I'm definitely not "too old" for Pokemon, and I probably won't outgrow it for a long time. I'm only 20, and I don't think that's too old to be on the forums either - at least in the subforums that I frequented. My departure has less to do with age and more to do with...just not enjoying the overall environment of the forums?

In fact, this thread is making me feel young, haha.

d00med n0w

I'm 24 and married; I seem to go by the principle that as long as there's still someone older than me doing it, I won't feel weird about it.

Part of it might also be the absence of the social stigma that existed in Jr. High/High School. I completely forgot about pokemon during those years until recently.

I only felt I was 'too old' for Pokemon forums when I felt I was 'too girly' for them (long story I rather not get into. it's complicated.).

But 'girliness' is a lie in my mind now. Maybe, to justify that, i'll also mension I have autism. I mean, that could explain a lot to why i'm still even interested in Pokemon to begin with.

But anyways. I don't plan on dropping Pokemon or Pokemon forums anytime soon. It entertain's me and keep's me generally satisfied. Thats all that I need to know.

Aspie or not, though. There's so much I just don't understand...
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

I joined in my first year of high school and now I'm in my first year of college (which is not university). I'm only 16 so I don't feel too old but I only really come here for the community and the people I enjoy talking to nowadays. I still love Pokémon but I don't really have the time to keep up with it, play it, watch the anime etc. etc. One day I hope I will regain my interest again.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Joined when I was fourteen, one secondary school, further education and university course later and I'm still here.

Still have the grass type skin, biznitches!

I felt I was too old for these forums when I first joined (guess that's why I left). Funny how that changed as I became more mature. I don't think I'm too old to be anywhere I frequently go to now. Same goes for the games I play, shows I watch, etc. Doesn't mean I don't feel old from time to time, but I'd say that's more or less normal. For me anyway.
    Last edited by Silver Bolt; 20th September 2012 at 8:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulmuhsee View Post
    I'm 24 and married; I seem to go by the principle that as long as there's still someone older than me doing it, I won't feel weird about it.
    I feel the same exact way.

Conveniently enough I'm 23. Thank you for that.

I joined here in early 2008 when I was 14, but didn't become active until late 2009 because of lack of Internet connection. Followed by inactivity for all of 2010 and the first half of 2011, you have yourself one Rezzo.

Now I'm here, 5 years older in 2012, and I didn't honestly see myself still interested in being on a Pokemon forum even though I don't like the games anywhere near as much as I used to. I guess I'm not that old compared to some users around here, but it just goes to say.

Also I posted before Malanu, where's my award
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I'm with you -- I'm surprised too.
    I don't see what's so surprising about Jb's age. Heck, I'm about the same age as him and have. As for me, I've been coming here since I started high school when I stumbled upon this site the main site when looking for Pokemon news that summer.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I more so appreciate the idea of Pokemon, than play the games anymore. If anything, I collect and respect.

But I'm only 16 so whatevs, I'm in college so I count. xD

キバゴ

Quote Originally Posted by YaDunGoofed View Post
    But I'm only 16 so whatevs, I'm in college so I count. xD
    You're 16 and in college? Da ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm 22. Age doesn't matter to me, I will love Pokemon characters 'till i'm old and wrinkled. :U

A lady I saw working at a dog store today also wore a Pikachu shirt.

I never felt to old for anything. I like what I like besides liking Pokemon at 16 is pretty common right?

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I never felt to old for anything. I like what I like besides liking Pokemon at 16 is pretty common right?
    I see a lot of 16 year olds on Pokemon forums (this one included) all the time.

And all the BIGGER pokemon fans I met in my town were all adults. One watched the anime EVERY SATERDAY!!! and she was over 30.

Her favorite pokemon was also Skitty ^_^ And her favorite person was Brock, I think. Or May. I don't really remember, one of those 2...

And a guy from my group loved team rocket AND CHARIZARD AND POSSABLY PRIMATE TOO....

Age is all in the mind, really.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    besides liking Pokemon at 16 is pretty common right?
    Not really. Most sixteen year olds these days are more into Call of Duty, Sports, Jersey Shore, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxhydre View Post
    AND POSSABLY PRIMATE TOO
    *Primeape
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

I ment Primape. Typoes=fail...

xD;

I'm in college, still loving Pokemon, and the only Freshman to become a gymleader at my school's Pokemon league
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I'm 16, I'm okay for now. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I'm in college, still loving Pokemon, and the only Freshman to become a gymleader at my school's Pokemon league
    Your school has its own Pokemon League? I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I am too old to be on some kiddy Pokemon forum.

I should be watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic like normal guys my age.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You're 16 and in college? Da ****?
    Taking a vocational at a State College yo.

キバゴ

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast