Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I am too old to be on some kiddy Pokemon forum.

I should be watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic like normal guys my age.
    I'm sigging this. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I'm in college, still loving Pokemon, and the only Freshman to become a gymleader at my school's Pokemon league
    Damn dude.. I wish there was some type of club like that in mine.. >.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Source of images

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Your school has its own Pokemon League? I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwakeningLeafIcarus View Post
    Damn dude.. I wish there was some type of club like that in mine.. >.>
    You all be surprised at what a Game Developments Club can do besides develop games.

Also, I rock at Pokemon Trivia/Jeopardy. Almost did a full sweep of the board and won myself a hand-made woven Masterball
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I am too old to be on some kiddy Pokemon forum.

I should be watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic like normal guys my age.
    Oh sad harsh truth...
    I'm sigging this. LOL
    More power to you.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I think of everyone on here, I should feel the most ashamed. :P I'm 22, in college about to graduate, and yet, I still come to a Pokemon forum to be a peacemaker and sort of police person, that I've been for the past...uh...five years? But I don't care, I like it. Gone are the days when people made fun of you for being too old to like Pokemon. I'll always love Pikachu and appreciate Pokemon. Of all the things that made a solid impact on my life, Pokemon, and even this forum itself actually, now that I think about it, is really up there after all of the important family, friends, and school. I wouldn't know half of the wonderful people I get to talk to now without it.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Also I posted before Malanu, where's my award
    WOW IS MALANU STILL AROUND??

also my university had its own pokemon league too so it's clear that there are plenty of people college age and older than still enjoy pokemon... they might not have the time to frequent forums though

d00med n0w

I really don't apply yet due to my age, but I foresee being on this forum for a while. Serebii is the one place I feel able to let almost anything out about many topics. And, of course, I'll be playing good video games if my life allows it, and Pokemon definitely qualifies in those. I'll surely be around for further generations of Pokemon.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

You're 16 and in college? Da ****?
    Be wary. In the UK the whole thing is flip-flopped. College = High School. University = College. The English are just being all high and mighty with their more impressive sounding words and unnecessary added letters.

I joined this forum when I was 14. That was about eight years ago. I'm 22 now. Time sure ****ing flies. I do honestly feel too old to be here when I see people posting things like, "I was in preschool when Pokemon Red came out!" or "I got Pokemon Emerald when I was eight!" It makes me physically sick.

This place did have a certain appeal when I was still in high school, though. None of my friends liked Pokemon, so this was a place for me to talk about Pokemon. It was actually thanks to this forum that I discovered that liking Pokemon in my mid teens wasn't something to be ashamed of. I had actually been hiding my interest in Pokemon from my peers and siblings because they would make fun of me for liking Pokemon. Finally, when I was about 15 or so, I was like "screw that" and started watching Pokemon right in front of my sister. Ever since, I've been completely open about my interest in Pokemon. I don't like it any less than I did back then. Sure, I don't have the same amount of time to play the games, but I don't think I'll stop liking it any time soon.

My time here had its ups and downs. The downs largely came from how everyone seemed buddy-buddy with each other and I didn't have my own group. I always felt like an outsider, even during my time on the staff. When I was a mod (OMG GUYZ HERE WE GO) I was somewhat obsessed with the job. Then I started to realize that my efforts were in vain, went unappreciated or unnoticed, and that I shouldn't worry about things I can't control. However, sometimes I miss the job and have considered becoming more active on the forum again and perhaps to offer my services. I haven't decided, and I don't know if my help or services are welcomed and/or needed.

I have also embarrassed myself on here. I used to draw horrible, horrible free commissions for people.
    Alpha SapphireL

20 over here, second year of college. And no, I don't feel "ashamed" or anything for being on this forum. I don't usually come here to discuss Pokemon anymore though. I mostly go to OVGD and Alt. Anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    Not really. Most sixteen year olds these days are more into Call of Duty, Sports, Jersey Shore, etc.
    Nice to see that still hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I don't see what's so surprising about Jb's age.
    I think you know full well what I'm getting at.

Speaking of, do you think that if I put anime tits in my signature, I'll be more likable?

More power to you.
    All the cool kids tell other people what they're dropping in their signatures.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

21, graduate, fully fledged adult. I feel no shame!

I actually know (well, know of, through friends) plenty of people my age who are into it, especially competitive battling. From going to a few comic-cons and the likes of GAME events, I'm starting to think that maybe its more popular with young adults and older teens than I'd ever have imagined... But I also think that in the UK (no idea about the rest of the world) there are a hell of a lot of people, who went I mention it to them, or if I see things on blogs etc, claim to have loved it since RBY, and still to this day, but couldn't name you a Pokemon after mew... there's a lot of nostalgia about at the moment.

Name: Pinky
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

19/08/2012 - First time I've completed the Dex since 1999.

I don't use uber Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    Not really. Most sixteen year olds these days are more into Call of Duty, Sports, Jersey Shore
    I'm 17 and into all those except Call of Duty pretty well, I just balance it with Pokemon..
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post
    I'm 17 and into all those except Call of Duty pretty well, I just balance it with Pokemon..
    Ugh you pick the worst two.

Got into Pokemon when I was 6

Joined Serebii when I was 12; when I asked for PBR my mom made me feel kinda bad for still liking Pokemon

Because of that, when I was 13, I tried to stray away from it but I was still into it

But I got uninterested interested in Pokemon like as soon as I turned 14

Got back interested when I was 16, but got uninterested shortly after

Now at 17 I'm back into it and I'm not ashamed. I like what I like. No one's opinion but mine matters. I even ordered HeartGold online two days ago, it should be here this weekend or Monday; can't wait!. And I'm gonna get Black 2 soon
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Ugh you pick the worst two.
    There's nothing wrong with sports. :P

Im sure that in like 6 more years someone will remake this thread and I'll be able to post something cool like how the older members are doing.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    There's nothing wrong with sports. :P
    I don't think she's referring to sports lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I think you know full well what I'm getting at.
    His signature attempting to give males a hard-on?

Speaking of, do you think that if I put anime tits in my signature, I'll be more likable?
    PMed you my response due to various reasons.

All the cool kids tell other people what they're dropping in their signatures.
    ...and what they're picking up too.

I remember I joined here in 06' to get in-touch with pokemon stuff. 6 years later I still do(kind of lol). I used to post a lot in the pokemon boards, but recently I've been in the OVGD(mostly in the CoD topic posting news).

I still care about pokemon, just not playing the games much. The only thing that's bringing me back are the events. But since B/W 2 are coming real soon, I'll be enjoying pokemon once again.
    'Murica

His signature attempting to give males a hard-on?
    The correct term would be eliciting responses.

I'm too old to be here but it's ok because I'm not here you see.

I just turned 22 a couple of days ago. I feel kind of old being here especially when I see that a lot of members here are younger than me. But if I go on to a gun forum a lot of people are older than me. The pokemon series is targeting to the same young audience that it was targeting when red and blue came out. The pokemon series did not "mature" to keep up with those of us who started with gen 1. This is also why you see little to no references to previous games because the kids who are buying black and white today would not know about beating team rocket at the pokemon tower or beating the champion, Lance. It's been over 10 years since I last played blue but I still think the series is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    The correct term would be eliciting responses.
    That too. Hurry up message...

I'm 17 teen and I love pokemon! I really don't think I will ever stop loving pokemon. I haven't been really active member of serebii because for a while I had lost my password. I'm happy that so many more girls who like pokemon have joined Anime club!
    I use "uber" Pokémon, I calculate EV's and IV's, but my Pokémon are my friends even though they could kill and/or eat me. Copy and paste this into your sig if you agree with this philosophy.

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.

"Nothing starts untill you take action." -Sonic the hedgehog

"I now realize that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that truly determines who you are."- Mewtwo.

I figured "eh, I might grow out of it when I hit college." Turns out both my roommates play. So, yeah, that's not happening.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast